Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus,Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Confused Anti-capacitive glove for writing?

I bought a Wacom Bamboo stylus for my Nexus 10 so I could replace my notebook in meetings at work. But, as I feared, you have to make sure not to touch the screen with your palm at all. There is an app called "Lecture Notes" that claims to have palm rejection, but that feature works badly at best.

It seems many people keep a lens cleaning cloth under their palms and have success with that method, but I don't want to have to fight the cloth and worry about keeping it under my hand at all times. Therefore, I am thinking that I will wear some sort of glove. First, I wanted to see if anyone tried to solve the problem with a commercial product but all I could find was this:

Hand Glider
The Hand Glider, Tablet Glove, iPad glove,

I am not thrilled with the look of the product in various shots. For the price, it looks cheap and ill-fitting. Plus I had a hard time finding actual reviews of the product and one I did find was a 2/10.

I also found a product called SmudgeGuard that is similar, but it is designed to prevent ink and graphite from getting on artists' and writers' palms or to prevent hand oils from getting on Wacom tablet screens. It is not designed to prevent the detection of a palm on capacitive touch screens. I e-mailed the company and they said they had tested it on iPads and it does not work adequately for that purpose. They also said they are aware of demand for such a product but had spent time over the previous year trying different materials and were unable to find a completely reliable solution to the problem.

Has anyone tried a Hand Glider? Does it work okay? Are you aware of any other products that do the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon GS4, Verizon Note2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony NSZ-GS7
Carrier: Verizon

batradar73@gmail.com

I do not need anything to take notes on mt Note 10.1....wish more tablets were designed with those specs. Whish I could offer some help on this topic.

Retired:
4G Motorola XOOM - - - Moto Droid X (handed over to son) - - - OG Droid
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus,Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Yes, some part of me wishes I got a Note 10.1 with the Wacom technology built-in. But I'm a big fan of pure Android because I had a bad taste in my mouth with my HTC Droid Incredible and the lack of timely updates.
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon GS4, Verizon Note2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony NSZ-GS7
Carrier: Verizon

batradar73@gmail.com

If I could pyt the screen of the Nexus 10 on the Note 10.1, it would be the perfect tablet. I love stock android, but the new TouchWiz is not that bad, it kind of grows on you. I got both to have a "play" tablet and a work tablet.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Any of the one size fits all gloves that dont have the metallic thread will stop you from causing screen jumps, etc. with your palm. Though the Michael Jackson look is long passed. The wife and I found some of those gloves with a little bit of thread in the first two fingers that actually allowed us to use our touchscreen phones as well with just those two fingers. I've heard of people buying that thread and stitching some into the finger tips on their own as well.
Tags
capacitive touch screen, glove, stylus, tablet

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10