Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree16Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #151 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc View Post
Got mine. Feels a lot lighter than I expected.
Same here. I've held my friends iPhone 4 and 4ses (however you spell that) and they were heavy because of the glass I assume, but this feels just right. Solid but not heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
Do you ever accidentally hit the on screen navigation buttons? Coming from an iPhone, I have been wondering about this.
So far not even once for me and I haven't put it down for the past like 5 hours or so.

sponsored links
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #152 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunBringer View Post
Same here. I've held my friends iPhone 4 and 4ses (however you spell that) and they were heavy because of the glass I assume, but this feels just right. Solid but not heavy.

So far not even once for me and I haven't put it down for the past like 5 hours or so.
How has the battery been in those 5 hours?
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #153 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48

It's hard to say cause I played with it without the SIM card in it since I had to trade my regular size sim for a micro sim at the AT&T store. So I played with it a lot basically on just wifi and airplane mode for the first probably two hours. Obviously it's going to last awhile under those circumstances. I'll report in tomorrow with how it is for sure though.
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #154 (permalink)

Device(s): Archos 28 [Bricked :(] CM7.1 Nook Color Rooted Samsung Admire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
Do you ever accidentally hit the on screen navigation buttons? Coming from an iPhone, I have been wondering about this.
Not yet. Although I have accidentally touched capacitive buttons from time to time on other [smaller] phones. It really depends how your holding it and the size of your hands. I've got average sized hands and I've been messing around with how I hold the phone just to get an idea of how to do so comfortably. I find the curved edges really help.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #155 (permalink)

Yeah the curved edges feel super comfy, especially for stuff like scrolling to your alternate lock screen widgets.
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #156 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Kindle Fire, Asus Transformer T100(Win8)
Carrier: StraightTalk

I just got my shipped email with a tracking number. Weird thing is that they still haven't taken out the money from my bank. Should I call Google or just wait for it to pop up on my bank account?
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #157 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareatron View Post
I just got my shipped email with a tracking number. Weird thing is that they still haven't taken out the money from my bank. Should I call Google or just wait for it to pop up on my bank account?
I still haven't gotten my email tracking number. Also, my bank account is now not even showing the transaction as pending! I called and am waiting for a follow up email.

I would suggest you call if you are worried. They are generally very nice and it won't hurt to double check.
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #158 (permalink)

Device(s):

Still nothing since my initial order confirmation on Tuesday, with the Play Store still showing a (now past) shipping date of November 15. I called Google again this morning. They asked if I had received a backorder e-mail. I said no. They claim that that is good news and that I should hear something by the end of the day (which is what I was told with respect to yesterday) -- the Google rep claimed she had gotten guidance yesterday that anyone who had not received the backorder email is not back-ordered and will be getting the phone. I don't care about the wait as much as I'm annoyed by the lack of good communication/updates from Google.
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #159 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10
Carrier: Straight Talk (AT&T)

I just noticed that the date my order was last updated was changed to today's date with the shipping date still being the 15th. I wonder if this is a sign that it will ship today.
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #160 (permalink)
acp

Device(s):

It's so weird that a backorder email is more informative than an order status in their database.
sponsored links
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #161 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaviian View Post
I just noticed that the date my order was last updated was changed to today's date with the shipping date still being the 15th. I wonder if this is a sign that it will ship today.
Same thing happened to me. I called Google, was on hold for 15 minutes, and then when I asked about it all they could say was "I have no information at this time, but hopefully you'll get a tracking number next week". So glad I waited to hear that...
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #162 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 12,258 Times in 6,737 Posts

Since placing my order on the 13th at 8:43 a.m. I have received only the order confirmation email . Google wallet still says pending with no further updates. No tracking email (but no backorder email, either). My email to Google customer service from their contact page is unanswered after 48 hours. The current hold time on the phone lines, according to the recorded message is "greater than 30 minutes".

I am underwhelmed.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #163 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_arlva View Post
Still nothing since my initial order confirmation on Tuesday, with the Play Store still showing a (now past) shipping date of November 15. I called Google again this morning. They asked if I had received a backorder e-mail. I said no. They claim that that is good news and that I should hear something by the end of the day (which is what I was told with respect to yesterday) -- the Google rep claimed she had gotten guidance yesterday that anyone who had not received the backorder email is not back-ordered and will be getting the phone. I don't care about the wait as much as I'm annoyed by the lack of good communication/updates from Google.
Same story here. Perpetual limbo.
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #164 (permalink)
On Probation

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
Since placing my order on the 13th at 8:43 a.m. I have received only the order confirmation email . Google wallet still says pending with no further updates. No tracking email (but no backorder email, either). My email to Google customer service from their contact page is unanswered after 48 hours. The current hold time on the phone lines, according to the recorded message is "greater than 30 minutes".

I am underwhelmed.
That was the exact boat I was in until Friday morning when I received my Shipping email with my tracking number. I got one better, remember on day when it was released? I tried calling Google also to cancel 2 of the 3 orders I had miserably got suckered into because of all the errors only to be greeted by a message that said because of the over whelming demand of the Nexus 7 they can not pick up the phone so please try your call again later...Whatttttt? WTF!!!!!

This is the absolute worst, and I mean worst release I have ever seen in my life! This will most likely be the last time I order anything through the Play Store again as far as devices go. That pipe dream I had with Google being the next Apple as far as retail and all that goes is pretty much done. What a let down! All I hope is that the N4 was worth all this trouble, because if it wasn't it'll be getting packed up and sent right back to the hell hole it was shipped from. I'm very disappointed in Google right now, and not a single word from them at all. If Tim Cook can apologize for a company like Apple about maps, then surely Google should be Apologizing for this mess. Terrible!
kcs7272 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
kcs7272 (November 18th, 2012)
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #165 (permalink)

My guess is the date change from the 13th to the 17th is due to a second round of processing since the first batch has been shipped out. Hopefully this will lead to a second round of shipping starting Monday.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banished Angel View Post
My guess is the date change from the 13th to the 17th is due to a second round of processing since the first batch has been shipped out. Hopefully this will lead to a second round of shipping starting Monday.
Where should I check for the date change?
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
Where should I check for the date change?
My Orders and Settings. In My Orders under Date the Nexus 4 now says November 17th instead of November 13th (when I placed the order). If I click on Info it still says the 13th though. The Shipping Estimate is still the 15th as well. A lot of people are reporting this and Google, as usual, has no information to offer.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
My Orders and Settings. In My Orders under Date the Nexus 4 now says November 17th instead of November 13th (when I placed the order). If I click on Info it still says the 13th though. The Shipping Estimate is still the 15th as well. A lot of people are reporting this and Google, as usual, has no information to offer.
Ok thx. Mine is still showing the 13th
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok thx. Mine is still showing the 13th
You're still in Limbo, correct? I'd take that as good news. Expect your Nexus Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #170 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.

I wouldn't count on Monday ...

I tried to call the toll-free play store customer support number but ran headfirst into the message "wait time is greater than 30 minutes" followed by obnoxious music and a repeating message "weíre currently experiencing very high call volume. For faster answers, please visit play.google.com/support." The problem is that I visited the support site two days ago and sent an email requesting a status update to which I have yet to receive any response at all, let alone any answers.

So I decided to wait on hold and be tortured by the music and the message. Finally after 25 minutes (at least it wasnít 30, right?) I speak with a customer service agent named Shawn. It went something like this after the initial exchange of contact info:

Shawn: What may I help you with today?

Me: Guess why Iím calling?

Shawn: (dead air)

Me: Iím calling to check on the status of my N4 and N7 order.

Shawn: Did you say "guess why Iím calling" before? Because thatís what I totally was going to guess.

Me: Iím sure youíve heard that a lot recently.

Shawn: Let me check that for you Ö (seconds pass) Ö have you received any kind of notification?

Me: Not a peep.

Shawn: I know there were some customers who received email notifications about being placed on backorder, but if you didnít get that then your order will be shipping soon. You should receive your order by Wednesday or Friday because of the holiday. I know it isnít the 2-day shipping that we promised so Iím going to go ahead and put a note on your order to refund the shipping charge. You should receive an update with tracking information Monday.

Me: Iím not so concerned with the N4 as I am the N7 since that was a gift for someone.

Shawn: Would you mind if I put you on hold while I see if we can (mumble mumble mumble) the N7?

Me: I didnít catch all of that, but I can wait.

Shawn: *click*

Note to Google customer service team leaders Ö please hold a refresher meeting on phone procedure, specifically "hold" and "hang up" are not the same thing.

Itís unfortunate that they have taken what could have been an image building marketing success and are now forced to deal with damage control.
sponsored links
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
You're still in Limbo, correct? I'd take that as good news. Expect your Nexus Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Yeah in limbo still. I'm figuring since I haven't received a tracking # or updates of any kind that it hasn't shipped yet and therefore I shouldn't expect it until the end of next week rather than the beginning. I hope you're right though!
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Same thing happened to me. I called Google, was on hold for 15 minutes, and then when I asked about it all they could say was "I have no information at this time, but hopefully you'll get a tracking number next week". So glad I waited to hear that...
According to the person I just talked to if your order says that it was updated today that means that it sent the shipping into to UPS. However, they are on a Mon-Friday deal with UPS so you probably won't get your tracking number until Monday but it may come before then.

So, again, according to this guy if your order was updated today that means it is about to ship and the update was simply their system sending your order info to UPS.
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
According to the person I just talked to if your order says that it was updated today that means that it sent the shipping into to UPS. However, they are on a Mon-Friday deal with UPS so you probably won't get your tracking number until Monday but it may come before then.

So, again, according to this guy if your order was updated today that means it is about to ship and the update was simply their system sending your order info to UPS.
Quote:
Let's hope the person you talked to and my theory hold true.
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:

And yet another thing that I can stare at while nothing happens...
Throw me a bone Google! Give me something, anything...
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
And yet another thing that I can stare at while nothing happens...
Throw me a bone Google! Give me something, anything...
And there it is. My order updated tonight and now is showing Nov. 19th under date. Funny that it's still the 18th here in Cali. Shipping estimate is still the 15th though
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #176 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

My update got changed to November 17th too, with an estimate still at the 15th.
Still hadnt received tracking number

I had to push my flight back from friday to wednesday so I could get this.
I called google 4 times today, first 3 time I got hung up on.

Heres where it gets interesting:
On the last time I called I layed out all the facts, how dissapointed I was. I explained to him that I understand if he couldnt do anything and made him email some higher person to prioritize my shippment.

I just got an email saying that I should get my tracking number by the end of today and it is already in the process of shipping and that it should arrive tomorrow night.

I dont know how much to actually believe this, but its all I can hope for
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #177 (permalink)

If I don't get mine by Wednesday I'm canceling my order and sticking with my LTE GNex.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #178 (permalink)
On Probation

Mine arrived this afternoon, bumper and all! Sadly I'm selling it for a really good price...lol, a deal I just couldn't pass up on! I'll order one when they come back in stock. I'm not hard pressed for a phone right now as I have both my GS3 and iphone 5.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #179 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I JUST GOT THE SHIPPING CONFIRMATION AND TRACKING NUMBER

FINALLY.

Now we wait -__-
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #180 (permalink)
acp

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Mine arrived this afternoon, bumper and all! Sadly I'm selling it for a really good price...lol, a deal I just couldn't pass up on! I'll order one when they come back in stock. I'm not hard pressed for a phone right now as I have both my GS3 and iphone 5.

Does it have to be sealed?

You promised to put the nexus 4 through the ringer.. jus sayin

But, I guess money is more important than your forum mates who were anticipating your review.

sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #181 (permalink)

Me too!!!!
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #182 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Just got this email

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Google Play! If you ordered on 11/13 and you did not receive a backorder notification email, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Regards,

Andre
The Google Play Support Team
So ... if it is estimated arrival is the 20th (tomorrow) and I haven't received tracking info AND it will take up to 1 day to activate it, I should get my tracking number two days after I get my order?

Way to go big "G".

Just so you know, the guy who sold me the shore-front condo in Nebraska made me the same promise.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #183 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, LG G Pad 8.3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
I wonder how many people bought them just to sell and the poor people that couldn't get one because they ran out.Greed it's a sad thing.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #184 (permalink)

Relevant:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34370604&postcount=17139
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #185 (permalink)

Device(s): iPhone 5
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
well i'll be a monkey's uncle. Is this the real deal? why not post it somewhere more public?
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #186 (permalink)

Can anyone who got theirs already verify that there is no signature required from UPS? I read one person post this but just want to be sure.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #187 (permalink)
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
I wonder how many people bought them just to sell and the poor people that couldn't get one because they ran out.Greed it's a sad thing.
Not me man ... I'm the last greedy person! However for the price, it's just one of those things I couldn't turn down.

Reason being...and some will understand, and some won't ! I'm an Android enthusiast through and through...I've always backed Google and Android to the fullest extent.

However, after being part of the Nexus 4 buying fiasco, something dawned on me, Google doesn't give a crap about us! Not a single world from them on how poor this release was handled, nothing, not a single peep! It's as if this is normal to them. So as I sat there and waited a few days for something, anything that would tell me my order was in fact coming, something dawned on me...what happens if I have a real problem with this phone, would if something goes wrong, would if I drop it and crack the glass, etc? If it was this crazy just getting it, just imagine the whole other world of getting help when help is needed.

If my GS3 acts up, or I need a replacement, I just dial at&t! If my iphone 5 goes down for some reason, I just make a Genius Bar appt and visit an Apple store. But with the N4 I don't even want to think about what the protocol will be for help with the device.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #188 (permalink)
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
Does it have to be sealed?

You promised to put the nexus 4 through the ringer.. jus sayin

But, I guess money is more important than your forum mates who were anticipating your review.

Awwwww man! I'm sorry, I really am!

Tomorrow I will talk to my buyer who's actually not buying it until Friday, if its cool with him I'll be more then happy to put this phone through its paces and give my 2 cents right here on my favorite forum.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #189 (permalink)

Now that I have a tracking number and can be more or less assured that my phone is on it's way, I look back on the whole scenario and can't help but wonder if it wasn't as bad as I thought, at least for me personally.

I stayed up until midnight on the 12th/13th and was disappointed the phone was not released then. But I'm always up at that time anyway and it could have been much worse, at least I wasn't on the East Coast at 3 a.m.

The next morning a Page Monitor I had running, thanks to a tip from Banished Angel, notified me of the early release and I placed my order in seconds, smooth as silk.

They advertised 2 days to process the order and 2 days to ship which would have put me at a Friday delivery at the earliest or Monday at the latest. As it stands, it sounds like I may get the phone as early as Tuesday or maybe Wednesday so was I really put out that much?

And it sounds like they are going to refund my $15 shipping charge and I'm hearing talk of a Google Play credit or some other act of goodwill on Google's part.

I was hoping to buy a bumper and was pretty disappointed when they sold out so fast but Shotlimesalt offered his extra one up at face value to the first person that responded to his post. He received it today and he's shipping it to me tomorrow. Another bit of good fortune on my part.

I was pretty hard on Google and am certainly not letting them off the hook for this debacle of a roll out BUT I have to give credit where credit is due and if my phone comes tomorrow or the next day AND they refund my shipping charges then I don't really have a whole lot to complain about.

Again, that's me personally. I know others had much greater trouble than myself and were unable to even order the device at all. I hope Google makes it right with those people as well and they get their phones much sooner than the 3 week estimate.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 20th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Loblaw1 For This Useful Post:
lunatic59 (November 20th, 2012)
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #190 (permalink)

They even shipped next day air.
sponsored links
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #191 (permalink)

Device(s):

Anything in the UK yet?
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #192 (permalink)

Device(s):

They really are rushing delivery. Just checked mine. Arrived in the DC area (where I live) and the departure scan (a couple steps before it gets delivered took place in 30 minutes)
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #193 (permalink)

I'm thinking mine will be delivered today. It got into there local center just after 5 am.

EDIT: My N4 is on the truck for delivery today, 4 and 1/2 hours after it was originally scanned for pickup from Kentucky. I'm wondering if they are rushing these to get out of refunding the shipping chargers.
Last edited by Biaviian; November 20th, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #194 (permalink)

Device(s): iPhone 5
Carrier: Verizon

Man, they better have some thing planned for those who got back ordered. Other than free 2 day shipping... Not that I would cancel or return my phone, just would like some sort of reason to believe that Google does care about us.

I mean, Google gave a free nexus 4 to someone who didn't get a tracking number for crying out loud!! While the rest of us have to wait a few weeks just to get free 2 day shipping...
Last edited by kalaster; November 20th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #195 (permalink)
acp

Device(s):

Quote:

Tomorrow I will talk to my buyer who's actually not buying it until Friday, if its cool with him I'll be more then happy to put this phone through its paces and give my 2 cents right here on my favorite forum.

It's no problem I was just messing around.
Old November 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #196 (permalink)

Location: (Pittsburgh sort of)Jeannette ( West Newton as of the 10th) PA

Device(s): AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Cobalt Blue

Quote:

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The shark... I mean seller on Ebay lives in CA I live in PA. He sent it 2nd day air UPS on Monday, I GOT IT TODAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Tags
16gb, google, ilovenexuses!, nexus 4, play store, shipping, thursday

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4