Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree9Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Nexus 4 Shipping thread: Where is your Nexus?

The Nexus 4 has apparently started shipping, as a few UK members have received theirs and a US member has confirmed he got a shipping email this morning. So, for those of you with shipping info, where's your Nexus at now? I still haven't received a shipping confirmation, but if you have, post your stories here!

Fortune Favors the Bold
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4 Desire HD

Cry

I wrote the wrong postcode... on the order.. stupid me ..
I wrote the address of my university and the postcode of my parents' house ........
So it's wandering somewhere in Enfield now.. this Saturday I'm going back to Enfield and pick it up from the depot!
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

I have my tracking number but it doesn't work yet. They said it could take 24 hours for the tracking number to work. I'm hoping it's shipping from somewhere closer than California.
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Self-Evaluation

Each new message in my inbox has become a cruel joke. I've gotten rid of so many mailing lists waiting for this ******* shipping confirm.
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghodo View Post
Each new message in my inbox has become a cruel joke. I've gotten rid of so many mailing lists waiting for this ******* shipping confirm.
I keep checking my email, only to find out that it's the email the forums send everytime someone replies to a thread.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy SII, Nexus 7, Milestone 2

I think mines still being put together somewhere in the LG factory.

Farru503 and musolff92 like this.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): htc design

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunjamon View Post
I think mines still being put together somewhere in the LG factory.

I was about to say that too
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

... I just got an email from the play store... and it had nothing to do with this order. Good one, Google. You're funny.

BTW, on a serious note, I realized just after placing my order that the billing address for the order was old and not the same as the credit card I used for the order.

Surely that's fine, right? And if it wasn't, I would think that it would have already cancelled itself. The transaction is still in pending on my credit card. I thought about calling google about it, but am worried they might cancel the order trying to fix it.

Also, I've ordered an N7 through the play store before and I would think that the same billing address discrepancy would have occurred then, too. I should be fine... yep... definitely.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
... I just got an email from the play store... and it had nothing to do with this order. Good one, Google. You're funny.

BTW, on a serious note, I realized just after placing my order that the billing address for the order was old and not the same as the credit card I used for the order.

Surely that's fine, right? And if it wasn't, I would think that it would have already cancelled itself. The transaction is still in pending on my credit card. I thought about calling google about it, but am worried they might cancel the order trying to fix it.

Also, I've ordered an N7 through the play store before and I would think that the same billing address discrepancy would have occurred then, too. I should be fine... yep... definitely.
Got that same email. Elation followed by anger mixed with sadness. Google is the ultimate troll.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just called to check the status. My CC shows the charge is still pending, as does my Google Wallet purchase. The support person said that is because it hasn't shipped yet, and that it probably wouldn't ship til tomorrow. Ugh. Looks like I'm not getting mine until next week.

FYI I live in the midwest and my N4 will be shipping from a warehouse in TX.
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 12,259 Times in 6,738 Posts

I just checked Dante's Divine Comedy for Smartphones and mine is definitely in purgatory. Now, wait. I'm in purgatory, my phone order is "in progress" which means the one guy who's packing up all these shipments has run out of tape and has to drive his 1987 Toyota to Office Depot for more. He'll be stopping at White Castle for a good 2 hour lunch, too.
killxswitch likes this.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48

Mine is in Kentucky:

Just read some details from an email from UPS that i signed up for and it says "2nd Day Air." Makes me think that I'll get it on the second day, which is tomorrow since it shipped today right?
Last edited by JunBringer; November 15th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.

I think I shot myself in the foot. I ordered a Nexus 7 at the same time. If they are going to ship them together, then I bet mine requires special handling.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunBringer View Post
Mine is in Kentucky:

Just read some details from an email from UPS that i signed up for and it says "2nd Day Air." Makes me think that I'll get it on the second day, which is tomorrow since it shipped today right?
Where do you live? I am in Indiana so I don't understand why mine would be coming from Texas. Kentucky is literally the 3rd closest state in the union to me.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm in Maryland, so it'll only have to cross West Virginia and Virginia to get to me, and it's 2nd Day Air so my hopes are up for getting it tomorrow.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

If it is truly second day air, I believe you should receive it saturday. Hope you get it tomorrow tho!
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Yeah hopefully UPS is doing Saturday in this case.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
acp

Device(s):

noooooooooo just got this

"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We’ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, rooted Android 4.4
Carrier: net10 MVNO w/ T-Mobile SIM

Default some real disappointment ...

Just received this email from Google Play Store:

"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We’ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."

My other phone was lost late October, and I was eagerly awaiting the N4 release, feeling fortunate that I had actually been able to purchase one.

Now it appears that my "Pending" order been shuffled into the next availability window.

To be honest, this has been the worst online shopping experience I've ever had after many years. I consider it a Google experience though, not an Android one.
Last edited by hstroph; November 15th, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hstroph For This Useful Post:
kcs7272 (November 15th, 2012)
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Oh brother. I suppose anyone who hasn't received their ship confirmation by now is in the same boat.
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got the same message. After being told by a person that it would ship tomorrow. I am about done with this bullshit.
The Following User Says Thank You to killxswitch For This Useful Post:
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
On Probation

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstroph View Post
Just received this email from Google Play Store:

My other phone was lost late October, and I was eagerly awaiting the N4 release, feeling fortunate that I had actually been able to purchase one.

Now it appears that I've been shuffled into the next availability window.
If I get that email I'll be canceling my order and then calling Amex to get a refund. Absolutely ridiculous
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
Oh brother. I suppose anyone who hasn't received their ship confirmation by now is in the same boat.
I won't believe till i see it
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just called the support line and from what the person could see, my order is still pending and is not backordered. That doesn't give me a ton of hope given how big of a cluster**** this whole launch has been.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Back-Order email

I'm also following all of this on xda and one person's talk with customer service indicated that if you haven't got the back-order email yet, then you're probably in the clear.

Another person said they ordered around 8:35 pst and they got the email so it seems random- order time will make no difference. The people that ordered late by f5ing might all get axed though.

It stinks. Google obviously didn't realize the initial demand they would have. I would have thought they would have timed the next wave sooner than 3 weeks and went from there, but who knows.

Given the type of following Nexus devices get, they should have realized that this device would likely have an early surge from enthusiasts before tappering quicker than normal. Now they might push to manufacturer tons of devices only to get hit with a drought in demand after all initial orders are filled.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

I wouldn't trust customer service. Many times they will give you a vague answer (like "probably in the clear") just to get rid of you.
Trooper and musolff92 like this.
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, rooted Android 4.4
Carrier: net10 MVNO w/ T-Mobile SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I just called the support line and from what the person could see, my order is still pending and is not backordered. ...
Even though I received the "backordered" email. Google Wallet later shows the order as "Pending".

One can only hope that the "3 weeks" is a worst-case estimate.

I hope you don't get the email.
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
I'm also following all of this on xda and one person's talk with customer service indicated that if you haven't got the back-order email yet, then you're probably in the clear.
God I hope this is true.

Quote:
Another person said they ordered around 8:35 pst and they got the email so it seems random- order time will make no difference...
Noooo.....I ordered at 8:36 Pacific and was really hoping that the time you ordered would play a factor.
Last edited by lunatic59; November 15th, 2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: tag fix
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I just called the support line and from what the person could see, my order is still pending and is not backordered. That doesn't give me a ton of hope given how big of a cluster**** this whole launch has been.
I just called also. Pretty much got the same answer as far as, Well you have a 50/50 shot of either being in the backordered bunch, or getting your device in the next few days!

What really gets me is this...

When I started the process of placing my order at say 11:30am I was kicked out of the buy page a few times and actually ended up placing 3 orders all together and was able to cancel 2 of those orders and pretty much keep my original order of a 16gig Nexus 4, and now days later a lot of us are getting back ordered emails. My question is where did all the stock go? Could this all be because they released the device in so many different areas at different times. For instance Australia first, then the UK next, and then the US? Of course the US would suffer if demand was high in the previous areas the phone was released. Why not just pick one day, and one time, and let the chips fall as they may.
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
I just called also. Pretty much got the same answer as far as, Well you have a 50/50 shot of either being in the backordered bunch, or getting your device in the next few days!

What really gets me is this...

When I started the process of placing my order at say 11:30am I was kicked out of the buy page a few times and actually ended up placing 3 orders all together and was able to cancel 2 of those orders and pretty much keep my original order of a 16gig Nexus 4, and now days later a lot of us are getting back ordered emails. My question is where did all the stock go? Could this all be because they released the device in so many different areas at different times. For instance Australia first, then the UK next, and then the US? Of course the US would suffer if demand was high in the previous areas the phone was released. Why not just pick one day, and one time, and let the chips fall as they may.
I don't think they can cross-stock by country. These devices need to be registered with the FCC so I don't think they can take stock from here and use it to fulfill orders in Australia.
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Google support was very helpful and informative. If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Tennessee for sale, cheap!

They put me on hold for a couple minutes after I told them I got an email telling me I was on backorder. Their response was, yep, you're on backorder, anything else I can help you with today? I tried to get a timeline, but all they would tell me is they have no information at this time and to stay up to date with my email.
Last edited by Banished Angel; November 15th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Kindle Fire, Asus Transformer T100(Win8)
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thumbs down

I haven't gotten an email yet about back orders. My wallet says shipping on the 15th but I haven't received the email with the tracking number. Just have the email that says the order number that's it
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banished Angel View Post
Google support was very helpful and informative. If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Tennessee for sale, cheap!

They put me on hold for a couple minutes after I told them I got an email telling me I was on backorder. Their response was, yep, you're on backorder, anything else I can help you with today? I tried to get a timeline, but all they would tell me is they have no information at this time and to stay up to date with my email.
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully they fill the backorders quick. I'm still in limbo, haven't heard a thing. At this point I'm praying no news is good news. I've got to return my Note II by Thursday. If my phone gets backordered I may just cancel and keep it.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 15th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully they fill the backorders quick. I'm still in limbo, haven't heard a thing. At this point I'm praying no news is good news. I've got to return my Note II by Thursday. If my phone gets backordered I may just cancel and keep it.
The Note II is no slouch. Get that thing rooted and throw on Cyanogenmod and you'll forget all about it not being a Nexus. I just have to live without a phone until Google gets their act together.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banished Angel View Post
The Note II is no slouch. Get that thing rooted and throw on Cyanogenmod and you'll forget all about it not being a Nexus. I just have to live without a phone until Google gets their act together.
I love the phone but I can't really afford it and it's way more than I need. I paid $700 cash out the door from T-Mo and I paid $400 out the door for the N4 so that $300 savings will come in handy with the holidays approaching. Yes I have to pay a $50 re-stocking fee but I just look at it as the cost of renting the phone for 30 days while I figured out what I really wanted. That being said, I probably will just bite the bullet and keep it if my N4 gets backordered. I haven't even really messed with the Note yet thinking it was just a rental. Would be interesting to actually look at it in a different light as my new phone
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s): htc design

Quote:
I got the same email... Then I called and they told me that it was a mistake and they will ship the phone tomorrow... If I don't get any email saying they shipped the phone I gonna cancel that sh it.
Last edited by Steven58; November 15th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Maxx
Carrier: Verizon

I got the back ordered email as well. I am fine with it. Maybe batch 2 will prove better and fix the sim card reading issues that some are having.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Bionic Rooted

Hi XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for letting us know the issue you experienced while attempting to order the Nexus 4.

According to our records, you have been able to successfully make your purchase. Your order# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Please expect a shipping confirmation email soon. If this is not the case, or if you're still experiencing issues with this purchase, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best, Bianca
The Google Play Support Team
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #39 (permalink)
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
Hi XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for letting us know the issue you experienced while attempting to order the Nexus 4.

According to our records, you have been able to successfully make your purchase. Your order# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Please expect a shipping confirmation email soon. If this is not the case, or if you're still experiencing issues with this purchase, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best, Bianca

Lol...so A## Backwards this whole thing ha become! I'm starting to think I may just be better of rocking with my iphone 5 and GS3 for now...
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
Hi XXXXXXXXXX,

Best, Bianca

Lol...so A## Backwards this whole thing has become! I'm starting to think I may just be better of rocking with my iphone 5 and GS3 for now...
sponsored links
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC EVO Design 4G, Kindle Fire

Mine shows up tomorrow according to UPS. I ordered it at 8:44am PST on the 13th. I'm pumped!
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by espylacopa View Post
Mine shows up tomorrow according to UPS. I ordered it at 8:44am PST on the 13th. I'm pumped!
Where do you live?
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by espylacopa View Post
Lucky you! Still no shipping estimate here
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC EVO Design 4G, Kindle Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
Where do you live?
Carlsbad, CA.
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #45 (permalink)

Mine is on the truck for delivery today!

g_patrick15 likes this.
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #46 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Holding out hope that mines gets delivered today. Fingers crossed...
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

I hope that you guys get your phones soon and the folks that were clogging up the site trying to get phones to sell on eBay have to wait lol :-)

I didn't manage to get one on the day but will wait till they come back in stock, I don't understand why anyone would pay optimus g money for one in eBay, its just a phone and one that will come back in to stock.

Google's handling of this has been terrible, they should have put a pre order system in place, online retailers they clearly aren't, whilst they hand manufacture of the phone over to others they should also consider doing the same with supply, surely amazon would be a better choice even if you had to pay a small handling fee.

Enjoy your phones when you finally get them :-)
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #48 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Kindle Fire, Asus Transformer T100(Win8)
Carrier: StraightTalk

Angry

Well I think my order didn't go through as a thought it did. I just now checked my bank account and they deposited the money back to my account. Looks like I won't be able to order in 3 weeks. Google really sucks right now. I didn't even get an email saying anything.
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #49 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareatron View Post
Well I think my order didn't go through as a thought it did. I just now checked my bank account and they deposited the money back to my account. Looks like I won't be able to order in 3 weeks. Google really sucks right now. I didn't even get an email saying anything.
Mines too. Working at the bank myself, it doesn't really mean a whole lot. They can still come back and take it. According to google they shouldn't have taken the money yet anyway. It was just a pending transaction, whenever we get a real shipping confirmation, look for them to take it right back out. Don't panic yet.
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #50 (permalink)
On Probation

Wait so some people didn't even get an email saying their order was cancelled, but still had the funds refunded to them?

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4