Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree25Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 199
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
They are all named Rachael
Ew, that's the name of my ex... (Without the extra a)

strausd is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The OC
Posts: 372
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Thanks: 32
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
Ew, that's the name of my ex... (Without the extra a)
Surely somebody will get the reference. .. let's see.
Bob Loblaw1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #53 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Morpeth, now exiled in Banbury, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,043
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 16GB Black Sony Tablet Z 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 89
Thanked 193 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Blade Runner!
MartinS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JunBringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,175
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

Thanks: 688
Thanked 331 Times in 264 Posts
Default

Have you had anything crash yet? I had settings crash twice when I first got it, probably the first hour, then no problems after that.
__________________
TechBringer.tumblr.com
JunBringer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Morpeth, now exiled in Banbury, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,043
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 16GB Black Sony Tablet Z 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 89
Thanked 193 Times in 149 Posts
Default

I've had one reboot. It was mentioned with 4.2 by someone in an N7 thread too.
MartinS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

I haven't had any reboots. I've had a couple apps crash, but that is kind of expected with a Nexus and having the latest software. Some developers take a couple weeks to catch up, but other than 2 or 3 apps out of the 90+ on my phone I haven't had any crashes
__________________
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 112
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

how much of your 16gb have you used well i mean 12.5gb or whatever its in the end lol also idk if its been answered did tmobile include any bloatware or did it come like the one from google will?
spriteboost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriteboost View Post
how much of your 16gb have you used well i mean 12.5gb or whatever its in the end lol also idk if its been answered did tmobile include any bloatware or did it come like the one from google will?
I still have 7.7gb left (over 2gb was used just for TDKR game).

Yes, the T-Mobile and Google ones are identical, software and hardware. The only difference is if you get it from T-Mobile it is locked to the T-Mobile network until you get the unlock code from them.
spriteboost likes this.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
New Member
 
johnmandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: wales in the uk
Gender: Male
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): nexus s, nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Still waiting for my N4, hopefully the next stock in 3 weeks time will bring it.

Just a point on the camera..... i currently have the nexus s, (camera and video recording pretty dire to useless.)
I just watched my son and his wife get married, and suffered a catastrophic disaster with my camcorder, creating a massive problem for part of the service, as it happened and although they had a professional photographer.. you sometimes grab them special moments for yourself with your phone.
Now i know its not going to be the same as a digital slr or most other dedicated cameras.... but do the N4 actually take a decent picture and more importantly a decent video recording

john
johnmandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): Archos 28 [Bricked :(] CM7.1 Nook Color Rooted Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Haven't gotten a chance to mess around with the camera much, but here's a picture taken w/ HDR on.

Edit: Got resized, just going to upload on another service.



Should be available at full size now.
nycnyc is offline  
Last edited by nycnyc; November 18th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycnyc For This Useful Post:
acp (November 19th, 2012), chrlswltrs (November 19th, 2012), johnmandy (November 18th, 2012), Sak01 (November 20th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The OC
Posts: 372
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Thanks: 32
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
Blade Runner!
Ding! Ding! Ding!
MartinS likes this.
Bob Loblaw1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
Blade Runner!
????





Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc View Post
Haven't gotten a chance to mess around with the camera much, but here's a picture taken w/ HDR on.
I know nothing about photography really. What exactly is HDR?
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The OC
Posts: 372
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Thanks: 32
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

In Bade Runner there are Androids aka Replicants and Rachael, one of the main characters, is a Nexus-6 model who believes she is human. Hence the whole Android/Nexus tie in.
Bob Loblaw1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Loblaw1 For This Useful Post:
chrlswltrs (November 18th, 2012)
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Kindle Fire, Asus Transformer T100(Win8)
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
In Bade Runner there are Androids aka Replicants and Rachael, one of the main characters, is a Nexus-6 model who believes she is human. Hence the whole Android/Nexus tie in.
Haven't seen that movie in awhile but is that the girl that paints her face white and black stripe across her eyes?
Gareatron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #65 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc View Post
Haven't gotten a chance to mess around with the camera much, but here's a picture taken w/ HDR on.

Edit: Got resized, just going to upload on another service.

Should be available at full size now.
Wow, if this is the kind of pictures that I can expect from my Nexus 4 then I am really excited!!! That picture looks really good
Android802 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #66 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Hadron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dimension Jumping
Posts: 11,543
 
Device(s): HTC One (S-Off), HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK

Thanks: 2,153
Thanked 4,781 Times in 3,474 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareatron View Post
Haven't seen that movie in awhile but is that the girl that paints her face white and black stripe across her eyes?
No, that's Pris. Rachael is the girl Harrison Ford tests at the corporate hq.
kcs7272 likes this.
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines - Android Forums FAQ
If a post helps you, use the Thanks! button.
Spam or offensive? Don't respond, report it /!\
Hadron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

So... how is battery life?
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hybla Valley, Va
Gender: Male
Posts: 763
 
Device(s): Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One, Note 3, Nexus 5 (White)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 12
Thanked 158 Times in 104 Posts
Pending to use...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android802 View Post
I can't wait to get my Nexus 4! But im a little concerned about the photo samples you posted. I am a huge fan of taking pictures on my phone and if those pictures are indeed the quality that I should expect then I am going to be very disappointed.

The phone I have now is an HTC Sensation on T-Mobile. While it doesn't have the best specs or battery life, one of my favorite features has been the camera. While it isn't the best camera it took some really good pictures.

Luckily I have read some reviews that makes the camera actually seem pretty decent. Again, not the best on the market but im okay with that. As long as it can take pretty decent pictures ill be happy with it.
Nexus devices never had good cameras. The features their cameras have are always nice but as far as quality...yea. I guess that alone would boost the cost. That's the only thing the Nexus devices are missing every year. I really wish they would have made the camera awesome. And having a phone that has an awesome camera for video recording and pictures and going to one that doesn't but is awesome in every other area is still a tough call.
AndroidifyMe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): Archos 28 [Bricked :(] CM7.1 Nook Color Rooted Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I know nothing about photography really. What exactly is HDR?
Here's a good detailed article about HDR: High dynamic range imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
nycnyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 107
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

How long is the usb charging cable?!
tonytouch311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 223
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT & T

Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc View Post
Haven't gotten a chance to mess around with the camera much, but here's a picture taken w/ HDR on.

Edit: Got resized, just going to upload on another service.

<snipped the pic...>

Should be available at full size now.

I instantly recognized that intersection. I used to have family there. H&H Bagels...Zabar's...I sooo miss living there.
Pappy35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android802 View Post
Wow, if this is the kind of pictures that I can expect from my Nexus 4 then I am really excited!!! That picture looks really good
That's what I thought too, but I have seen a few negative comments about them. I personally really like the camera.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
How long is the usb charging cable?!
3 feet I think


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
So... how is battery life?
I'll add it to the OP since I've had it a few days now.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post:
Kelmar (November 19th, 2012)
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
In Bade Runner there are Androids aka Replicants and Rachael, one of the main characters, is a Nexus-6 model who believes she is human. Hence the whole Android/Nexus tie in.

Its been a long while since I've seen the movie, I had forgotten that, that's what they were called.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Ok, got the movie talk out of the way. Lets please keep this thread on topic for those that have questions about the Nexus 4.

Movie conversation, or anything else is more that welcome here: Nexus 4 watering hole. No topics, just talk about anything in the watering hole thread!
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): Archos 28 [Bricked :(] CM7.1 Nook Color Rooted Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Here's another pic, this time without HDR.


nycnyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycnyc For This Useful Post:
acp (November 19th, 2012), Sak01 (November 20th, 2012)
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sak01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 937
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 186
Thanked 148 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I've updated the thread title. I've had the phone 4 days now and welcome questions! I know many members are still waiting on theirs (or still trying to decide) and want to try to provide as much information as I can.

I may not be able to answer all questions quickly as I work a lot, but I will try to get to them all.
Can you post some more camera pics whenever you get the time please?

Are you using a 3rd party launcher or stock?
__________________
Nexus 4: Stock
HTC Desire: OxygenZM 1.2 rom
;
Bravo Sense hboot; 4Ext Recovery; S-OFF

Sign up for Dropbox and get 2 GB of online storage + an extra 250 MB for both of us, FREE!
Sak01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sak01 View Post
Can you post some more camera pics whenever you get the time please?

Are you using a 3rd party launcher or stock?
Yeah, I'll try to get some more. No outdoor pictures today though because it pouring rain here.

I use Nova launcher which is based off the stock launcher with a few extra features I like. Like the ability to change the number of home screens, add folders in the app drawer and hide apps in the app drawer (I hide the ones that are on my home screens)
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #78 (permalink)
acp
Senior Member
 
acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 996
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Default

These pictures look as good as I would have hoped, thanks for posting.
acp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #79 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,819
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

Thx for the battery info.
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
Thx for the battery info.
No problem. I'm running my battery from 100% to dead at home today on 3G/4G all day today. I'm going to grab a screen shot at the end and post it
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post:
jbudd21 (November 19th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #81 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Charge Time

First of all, thanks for all of the information on the N4. How long does the battery take to charge? I had a brief stint with the HTC One X+, coming from Iphone 4, and was very disappointed in how long it took to charge the battery. The One X+ went back to AT&T, for a different reason, but I am hoping the N4 will charge much quicker than the One X+. It would take about a half hour on the charger to increase the battery by about 10%. Whereas the Iphone would charge about 25-35% in that same time frame.

Thanks again!
jbudd21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbudd21 View Post
First of all, thanks for all of the information on the N4. How long does the battery take to charge? I had a brief stint with the HTC One X+, coming from Iphone 4, and was very disappointed in how long it took to charge the battery. The One X+ went back to AT&T, for a different reason, but I am hoping the N4 will charge much quicker than the One X+. It would take about a half hour on the charger to increase the battery by about 10%. Whereas the Iphone would charge about 25-35% in that same time frame.

Thanks again!
I'm not sure. After I kill the battery today I will try and pay attention to how quickly it charges. I'll use the charger it comes with (haven't used it at all since I have so many micro USB chargers already)

Also, keep in mind not all chargers or batteries are created equally. What is the mAh difference in battery size between the One X+ and the iPhone 4 (A larger battery will add the same amount of energy, but it will be a lower percentage of overall charge), also did you use the same USB charger and just change the cord?
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I'm not sure. After I kill the battery today I will try and pay attention to how quickly it charges. I'll use the charger it comes with (haven't used it at all since I have so many micro USB chargers already)

Also, keep in mind not all chargers or batteries are created equally. What is the mAh difference in battery size between the One X+ and the iPhone 4 (A larger battery will add the same amount of energy, but it will be a lower percentage of overall charge), also did you use the same USB charger and just change the cord?
Those percentages (rough estimates) were given only using the stock chargers that came with the phone. I didn't even think to try to use the Iphone USB charger with the One X+. And the Iphone battery size I believe is 1420mAh. Thanks for checking it too!
jbudd21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbudd21 View Post
Those percentages (rough estimates) were given only using the stock chargers that came with the phone. I didn't even think to try to use the Iphone USB charger with the One X+. And the Iphone battery size I believe is 1420mAh. Thanks for checking it too!
The One X+ battery is 50% larger capacity (2100mAh) so if all other factors are the same the One X+ charge % is going to go up much slower just because it holds a lot more energy.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 112
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

hows video playback like a movie or youtube does it use the whole screen or cut some off?
spriteboost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriteboost View Post
hows video playback like a movie or youtube does it use the whole screen or cut some off?
I know YouTube uses the whole screen. I haven't rented anything from Play yet since I bought this phone, so I don't know about movies.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

OK, here are my results for 100% down to 5%. I have been on 3G/4G all day, everything syncing as normal, no power saving attempts at all, and most things in Google Now on. I use my phone a lot for games, text, forum, and a couple calls on my days off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1353366642207.jpg (46.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1353366666838.jpg (37.4 KB, 60 views)
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbudd21 View Post
First of all, thanks for all of the information on the N4. How long does the battery take to charge? I had a brief stint with the HTC One X+, coming from Iphone 4, and was very disappointed in how long it took to charge the battery. The One X+ went back to AT&T, for a different reason, but I am hoping the N4 will charge much quicker than the One X+. It would take about a half hour on the charger to increase the battery by about 10%. Whereas the Iphone would charge about 25-35% in that same time frame.

Thanks again!
Charged from 1% to 23% in 30 minutes. Same conditions as I listed for my usage.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #89 (permalink)
acp
Senior Member
 
acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 996
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
OK, here are my results for 100% down to 5%. I have been on 3G/4G all day, everything syncing as normal, no power saving attempts at all, and most things in Google Now on. I use my phone a lot for games, text, forum, and a couple calls on my days off.

Seems reasonable, I can kill my iPhone 5 battery in 8 hours easily with a lot of web browsing on LTE or 4g
acp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How long will battery last for if I leave 3G on continuously, and occasionally use wifi? I will be browsing the web for about 3-4 hours each day, minimal calls, minimal texts, push email, and being able to survive from 8 am - 11:59 pm is a necessity. I keep hearing battery life all over the place, from 4 hours, to 10 hours max. How well is it really in practicality?
Crusher3200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): Archos 28 [Bricked :(] CM7.1 Nook Color Rooted Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher3200 View Post
How long will battery last for if I leave 3G on continuously, and occasionally use wifi? I will be browsing the web for about 3-4 hours each day, minimal calls, minimal texts, push email, and being able to survive from 8 am - 11:59 pm is a necessity. I keep hearing battery life all over the place, from 4 hours, to 10 hours max. How well is it really in practicality?
Tough for me to say for sure. The last two times I charged my phone to 100% an hour before leaving work (8 hours), it went down to around 45-44%. That with more or less an hour of web browsing, about 10-20 minutes of music streaming 30-40 minutes of music that's on the phone, no calls, minimal text, push email (although I haven't synced all my accounts so not much email was being pushed). When I got home I did some more web browsing, as well as 10 minutes of streaming video and 10 minutes of gaming. After 12 hours I was at about 25-23%.

Also worth nothing that I don't get great reception where I work, which might contribute to eating up the battery a bit faster. I'll be off tomorrow so I should have good reception throughout the day. I'll post what I observe under ideal conditions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took a few night photos also:

Day/night comparison (not the same angle though):
http://imageshack.us/a/img231/1874/img20121117142528.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/7889/img20121119184057.jpg

W/HDR (different spot): http://imageshack.us/a/img811/6530/img20121119184409.jpg

No HDR/HDR comparison:
No HDR: http://imageshack.us/a/img33/9606/img20121119184528.jpg
W/HDR: http://imageshack.us/a/img203/2043/img20121119184540.jpg

Also first problem I've had with the phone. Got a bit of overheating today while browsing the web while on my lunch break. I figure it might be because of what I mentioned before (working in a place with bad reception). The phone got noticeably hot and I shut it down. Wasn't enough to hurt me, but overheating is just bad anyway you look at it.
alfick3 likes this.
nycnyc is offline  
Last edited by nycnyc; November 19th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycnyc For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (November 19th, 2012), chrlswltrs (November 19th, 2012), Sak01 (November 20th, 2012)
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 199
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc View Post
Tough for me to say for sure. The last two times I charged my phone to 100% an hour before leaving work (8 hours), it went down to around 45-44%. That with more or less an hour of web browsing, about 10-20 minutes of music streaming 30-40 minutes of music that's on the phone, no calls, minimal text, push email (although I haven't synced all my accounts so not much email was being pushed). When I got home I did some more web browsing, as well as 10 minutes of streaming video and 10 minutes of gaming. After 12 hours I was at about 25-23%.

Also worth nothing that I don't get great reception where I work, which might contribute to eating up the battery a bit faster. I'll be off tomorrow so I should have good reception throughout the day. I'll post what I observe under ideal conditions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took a few night photos also:

Day/night comparison (not the same angle though):
http://imageshack.us/a/img231/1874/img20121117142528.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/7889/img20121119184057.jpg

W/HDR (different spot): http://imageshack.us/a/img811/6530/img20121119184409.jpg

No HDR/HDR comparison:
No HDR: http://imageshack.us/a/img33/9606/img20121119184528.jpg
W/HDR: http://imageshack.us/a/img203/2043/img20121119184540.jpg

Also first problem I've had with the phone. Got a bit of overheating today while browsing the web while on my lunch break. I figure it might be because of what I mentioned before (working in a place with bad reception). The phone got noticeably hot and I shut it down. Wasn't enough to hurt me, but overheating is just bad anyway you look at it.
Does imageshack do any sort of compression? Because even the daytime photo at 100% doesn't look all that good...
strausd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): Archos 28 [Bricked :(] CM7.1 Nook Color Rooted Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
Does imageshack do any sort of compression? Because even the daytime photo at 100% doesn't look all that good...
I don't think so.
nycnyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 107
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Hey, just installed light flow because my notification light wasnt working , but now my browser repeats every URL and Google search through my loud speaker. Has that happened to you
tonytouch311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #95 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
Hey, just installed light flow because my notification light wasnt working , but now my browser repeats every URL and Google search through my loud speaker. Has that happened to you
No, it sounds like talkback is enabled.

Go to settings -> accessibility -> make sure talkback is turned off
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 107
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Did that...its not enabled. Gonna do a factory reset and see what happens
tonytouch311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #97 (permalink)
acp
Senior Member
 
acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 996
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Are you having problems with the touchscreen? I've seen a lot of reports about it not being sensitive enough and touches not registering.
acp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The OC
Posts: 372
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Thanks: 32
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
Are you having problems with the touchscreen? I've seen a lot of reports about it not being sensitive enough and touches not registering.
I haven't had a problem with sensitivity but one thing I did notice is sometimes when you touch inside a box to input text a blinking cursor doesn't always show up but once you start typing, the text appears.
acp likes this.
Bob Loblaw1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

I haven't had any problems at all with the screen. It is very responsive and accurate to touches
acp likes this.
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM   #100 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up

DITTO!!!!!
It appears to me that LG are the Adults in the room with Google, forcing fixes before they let their product onto the market! Kudos for them. Maybe on the next Tablet Google will go to LG.

I have NO complaints about LG, only praise. They're one of few tech companies that actually stand behind products and fix things. Their support org will answer my questions professionally on a phone that has been out of warranty for YEARS, and when I ask for escalation to the 2nd line, not a problem.
GOOD Company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCiX View Post
Hopefully all u LG haters can cut it out now. They've always made solid phones. They just lack in the software department.
chrlswltrs likes this.
cognus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.