Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Shotlimesalt
  • 1 Post By g_patrick15
  • 1 Post By Bob Loblaw1
  • 2 Post By sean76
  • 1 Post By lunatic59

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Straight Talk (AT&T)

Default Who else has yet to get any information regarding their order?

It's 8:50 EST and I haven't heard a single thing.

I don't know what I would be angrier about to be honest: Being told that my order is backed up or being left in limbo waiting to find out.

sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Carrier: T-Mo

I ordered at 8:36 and haven't heard a peep. At this point, I'm assuming no news is good news. Order still shows Estimated Ship Date of Today and Google Wallet shows transaction as Pending.
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

No news yet for me, which I'm assuming is good news.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 12,259 Times in 6,738 Posts

Not a pixel. I am assuming (hoping, praying and sacrificing small furry creatures) that if I was on the backorder list that email would have been sent out already.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Well I decided to give another call to Play support and I got some more detailed news (although I'm taking it with a grain of salt). Apparently if you haven't received a backorder email by now, you're not on the backorder list. The customer service rep I talked to also said order time does play a factor. I don't really trust that statement because of what users have said.

The rep told me that because there is a huge delivery list, it's taking a while to get uploaded and that our items could very well be in transit right now. He also said worst case scenario my N4 would get here before Tuesday, and no later.

So apparently the no news is good news thing isn't to far off. Hopefully this is true!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sexymandroid For This Useful Post:
Bob Loblaw1 (November 15th, 2012), g_patrick15 (November 15th, 2012)
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymandroid View Post
Well I decided to give another call to Play support and I got some more detailed news (although I'm taking it with a grain of salt). Apparently if you haven't received a backorder email by now, you're not on the backorder list. The customer service rep I talked to also said order time does play a factor. I don't really trust that statement because of what users have said.

The rep told me that because there is a huge delivery list, it's taking a while to get uploaded and that our items could very well be in transit right now. He also said worst case scenario my N4 would get here before Tuesday, and no later.

So apparently the no news is good news thing isn't to far off. Hopefully this is true!
I also called and got just about the same response (the guy I talked to was Mike BTW). He said if you haven't gotten the back order email by now, you are likely in the clear.

He didn't say that my nexus 4 could already be in transit, but did say worst case scenario would be Tuesday. Hinted that Monday is most likely.

Also he said that the deal they have with UPS right now does not include Saturday delivery.
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Bionic Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
I also called and got just about the same response (the guy I talked to was Mike BTW). He said if you haven't gotten the back order email by now, you are likely in the clear.

He didn't say that my nexus 4 could already be in transit, but did say worst case scenario would be Tuesday. Hinted that Monday is most likely.

Also he said that the deal they have with UPS right now does not include Saturday delivery.
Yes. I was told the same thing.
My sales rep said "We sent out e-mail's this morning to people that would be on the back-order list". "If you have not received that email, then you should be fine."

He said the time the order was placed really helps decide if you are backordered or not. Most orders placed after 1 PM PST are backlisted (from what I was told).
They are continuing to load orders onto trucks for shipment. He said I should receive an email tonight or tomorrow. If I dont, just to call back.
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s

Jeeeez, what a debogle!
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): htc design

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
They are continuing to load orders onto trucks for shipment. He said I should receive an email tonight or tomorrow. If I dont, just to call back.
They lie... When I got the back-order email, I called them and they said that it was a mistake and they were going to ship the phone tomorrow, then I called again and they changed the story... Now I had to wait 3 Weeks for them to ship the phone -____-
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farru503 View Post
Now I had to wait 3 Weeks for them to ship the phone -____-
To be fair 3 weeks is the worst case scenario. They're trying to cover their ass right now because another backlash (considering how bad it is right now) may very well bury this phone for good. 1 - 2 weeks is more likely.
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farru503 View Post
They lie... When I got the back-order email, I called them and they said that it was a mistake and they were going to ship the phone tomorrow, then I called again and they changed the story... Now I had to wait 3 Weeks for them to ship the phone -____-
I doubt they are lying as much as it is they are being told different stories on their end. For me, I'm not going to believe anything until I get a tracking # or the phone shows up at my house.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, LG G Pad 8.3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Still no email. I sent them a email and got back this. Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
Still no email. I sent them a email and got back this. Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.
Still nothing here as well. When I called, they said 2 day shipping is really a day to process plus 2 day shipping, so really 3 days.

When I originally ordered, I got an error that accidentally ordered both an 8GB and a 16GB. So naturally I went to cancel the 8GB. I wonder if that could be causing the delay for me. Did you have anything weird like that happen to you?
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: AT$T

Same thing is happening to me. I've been charged but no emails. I placed my order at 11:47 am est. I was thinking about calling Google this afternoon, but I assume I'll get the same response you all got..
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Still nothing here as well. When I called, they said 2 day shipping is really a day to process plus 2 day shipping, so really 3 days.

When I originally ordered, I got an error that accidentally ordered both an 8GB and a 16GB. So naturally I went to cancel the 8GB. I wonder if that could be causing the delay for me. Did you have anything weird like that happen to you?
Man I'm in the same boat! Had multiple orders, and had to cancel two of them and left the first original one alone, and now I'm wondering if that slowed things down at all? All I know is that at this point it may be best that I don't get anything, imagine getting a faulty unit and you have to get a replacement? Holy Crap...I'd really loose it! See that's why Apple just trumps Google in so many areas when it comes to the buyers experience and just being able to waltz into a store and just deal with someone one on one. Something like this can prove to be disastrous in the long run to a company.

The reason I say this is because maybe at the end of the day the whole reasoning behind Goole trying to do this on their own is really not all the carriers faults and really because the carriers didn't want to deal with this nonsense. The droid DNA on Verizon isn't even out yet, however it's a phone with specs that pretty much best the Nexus 4 and the preorder page went live right after it was announced and a lot of reviewers have already done a complete unboxing for us Android heads to view, compete with the notion of there being a set date to just go walk into the store and snatch one up from VZW. Yet nobody on Earth has a single idea WTF Google is doing right now. Google has proven to me that they still haven't learned anything since the Nexus One days...not a single thing!

Oh well, what can ya do!
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10

No word on my 4 or 10. The charges are still pending on my Amex and shipping date was supposed to be on the 15th.
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaviian View Post
No word on my 4 or 10. The charges are still pending on my Amex and shipping date was supposed to be on the 15th.
Same boat man!
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

For some reason I feel like this is the exact same thing that happens when I ask a girl to be my girlfriend. I ask her (place my order) then wait to hear from her. Few days go by I call her (Google). Says she is thinking about it still (your order is being processed please be patient and it should ship soon) then I keep thinking about it and still no word.. I don't think miss Google is going to call I feel like lol but maybe its just me.. Just give me a sign ffs!
HyperM3 likes this.
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotlimesalt View Post
For some reason I feel like this is the exact same thing that happens when I ask a girl to be my girlfriend. I ask her (place my order) then wait to hear from her. Few days go by I call her (Google). Says she is thinking about it still (your order is being processed please be patient and it should ship soon) then I keep thinking about it and still no word.. I don't think miss Google is going to call I feel like lol but maybe its just me.. Just give me a sign ffs!
It's not you, it's her
Shotlimesalt likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to g_patrick15 For This Useful Post:
Shotlimesalt (November 16th, 2012)
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

The lack of any communication is driving me crazy. My Google Play account still contains a shipping estimate date of...yesterday. My card has not been charged. I have not received an email stating that my phone is back-ordered. I have not received an email stating that the phone has shipped. I called twice yesterday and just got generic nonsense from the employees.

In the greater scheme of things, I don't care if I have to wait 3 weeks to get the phone. But what does drive me crazy is the lack of communication of any kind from Google. I cannot believe that the company has no idea of how many phones they still have to ship, how many they had originally etc. This is not rocket science. Presumably the number of available phones on the 13th was low -- it should not be hard to ship them out and communicate expectations.

Much smaller companies with far fewer resources manage their online shopping experience much better than Google does.

I hope the phone lives up to the hype. I went contract-free with Virgin Mobile in June. Bought an HTC Evo V 4g. My experience has been mediocre (both phone and network quality leave a lot to be desired), but for the price, overall it's been fine. I had been thinking of buying the VM iPhone but their refusal to unlock the phone for use outside the US really steamed me -- the phone costs as much with VM, as it does direct with Apple, which is unlocked (I travel internationally periodically and the big attraction of the Nexus 4 is the ability to have an allegedly high quality phone that you can use with local SIMs).
sponsored links
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_arlva View Post
The lack of any communication is driving me crazy. My Google Play account still contains a shipping estimate date of...yesterday. My card has not been charged. I have not received an email stating that my phone is back-ordered. I have not received an email stating that the phone has shipped. I called twice yesterday and just got generic nonsense from the employees.

In the greater scheme of things, I don't care if I have to wait 3 weeks to get the phone. But what does drive me crazy is the lack of communication of any kind from Google. I cannot believe that the company has no idea of how many phones they still have to ship, how many they had originally etc. This is not rocket science. Presumably the number of available phones on the 13th was low -- it should not be hard to ship them out and communicate expectations.

Much smaller companies with far fewer resources manage their online shopping experience much better than Google does.

I hope the phone lives up to the hype. I went contract-free with Virgin Mobile in June. Bought an HTC Evo V 4g. My experience has been mediocre (both phone and network quality leave a lot to be desired), but for the price, overall it's been fine. I had been thinking of buying the VM iPhone but their refusal to unlock the phone for use outside the US really steamed me -- the phone costs as much with VM, as it does direct with Apple, which is unlocked (I travel internationally periodically and the big attraction of the Nexus 4 is the ability to have an allegedly high quality phone that you can use with local SIMs).
And...my order went through at 11:36 am Eastern Time (8:36 Pacific Time) on Tuesday, so it had to be among the early US orders...
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #22 (permalink)

I has just got confirmation from Google my phone is coming!!

Edit never mind.. it was just a bumper case I ordered on accident.. f**k!!

Edit: went to ups tracking and it says there are 2 packages with this order. Maybe that is it?..
Last edited by Shotlimesalt; November 16th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10

I thought I just got an email that mine shipped but instead it is the Nexus 10. The odd thing is that I ordered the Nexus 10 yesterday.
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.

I am fully convinced now that I will not get any kind of tracking or notification until after it's delivered. Not that I mind, as long as it is delivered.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
Trooper (November 16th, 2012)
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotlimesalt View Post
I has just got confirmation from Google my phone is coming!!

Edit never mind.. it was just a bumper case I ordered on accident.. f**k!!
Great News!!
Shotlimesalt likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Loblaw1 For This Useful Post:
Shotlimesalt (November 16th, 2012)
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just got off the phone with Google. Still no definite word (told that I should have further details by the end of the day) but that most people whose devices are on backorder status have already been informed of that.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #27 (permalink)

Just got an email that my order has Shipped! Jeeeeez...
Bob Loblaw1 and sexymandroid like this.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaviian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
I am fully convinced now that I will not get any kind of tracking or notification until after it's delivered. Not that I mind, as long as it is delivered.
Lol...just got my tracking #
Last edited by sean76; November 16th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s): N1, Atrix(dead), Skyrocket, HTC-ONE X (returned), GNex AOKP, N4 AOKP
Carrier: ATT

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3

I got my order in at 8:43am and I still have nothing to show for it. My google wallet account just says "Google received your order".

When I called yesterday they said I should receive an email last night or this morning. Still nothing.

To be honest, this is a little disappointing. Im also still waiting to get my original notification that the N4 was in stock. Good thing I didnt wait for that to decide when to place my order.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s): LG E980

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Just got an email that my order has Shipped! Jeeeeez...
Congrats!
sponsored links
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #31 (permalink)

Yeah day 2 of limbo for me. Not a word but I can also verify that the rep said if I haven't gotten the backorder e-mail yet then I'm in the clear.

Last edited by lunatic59; November 16th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I got my order in at 8:43am and I still have nothing to show for it. My google wallet account just says "Google received your order".

When I called yesterday they said I should receive an email last night or this morning. Still nothing.

To be honest, this is a little disappointing. Im also still waiting to get my original notification that the N4 was in stock. Good thing I didnt wait for that to decide when to place my order.
In the exact same boat. I sent 2 emails about 3 hours ago and haven't heard anything either. 2006 Virgin Mobile had better support than this.
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymandroid View Post
In the exact same boat. I sent 2 emails about 3 hours ago and haven't heard anything either. 2006 Virgin Mobile had better support than this.
hahahahaha... Seriously, Nextel was better in the 90's
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s): LGE Nexus 4
Carrier: Straight Talk AT&T

I managed to order a 16GB N4 at 8:42 AM. It was supposed to ship yesterday but only received the tracking number today. Origin scan at 12:09 PM today in Louisville, KY, scheduled to arrive on Monday, although I'm hoping I might be able get it from the local UPS station on Saturday.
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwaves View Post
I managed to order a 16GB N4 at 8:42 AM. It was supposed to ship yesterday but only received the tracking number today. Origin scan at 12:09 PM today in Louisville, KY, scheduled to arrive on Monday, although I'm hoping I might be able get it from the local UPS station on Saturday.
OOOhh, oooh, they are up to the 8:42's. I must be next since my order went through at 8:43.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
Trooper (November 16th, 2012)
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
OOOhh, oooh, they are up to the 8:42's. I must be next since my order went through at 8:43.
But I ordered mine at 8:48 and it's on the UPS truck for delivery today. How they decide shipping and back orders appears to be completely arbitrary.
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
But I ordered mine at 8:48 and it's on the UPS truck for delivery today. How they decide shipping and back orders appears to be completely arbitrary.
Well, since I ordered first, it's only fair that you give me yours.
Trooper likes this.
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, since I ordered first, it's only fair that you give me yours.
Sure, send me your address
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s):

I finally heard something...sort of...I called in and i was told it was "in transit and should be there tomorrow" and received this follow up e-mail.
"googleplay-support@google.com
Nov 15 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi David,

I appreciate the call and patience from you earlier.

Again , please let me know the update on package delivery by tomorrow this time via email.

Regards,

Brian
Google Play Support Team"
====================================
so i called today while i was at work since after the nexus 7 i didn't really believe them since i haven't even been charged yet and the story changes saying that it is still pending, so i got home and its not there so i replied back like was requested and got this reply:
"Hi David,

At this time it appears the shipment is in the same standing. Hang tight, your Nexus 4 will be at your house as soon as possible.
At this time still I cannot give a tracking number still. You might end up getting the device by this weekend without a tracking number at all. As well, you might
be getting your device earlier next week too.

Regards,

Brian
Google Play Support Team"
==================================================
little bit of a jump there from "in transit" to next week, so i replied back and questioned how that much of a change is possible and whats really going on, and he replied back with:
"googleplay-support@google.com
5:53 PM (44 minutes ago)

to me
Hi David,

I understand your frustration for not receiving your device in a timely manner, as when you ordered it you would expect to receive it sooner than later. I would
like to apologize for any misinformation throughout your email correspondence with myself and Google Play. After further research it has been determined that your current purchase is back-ordered. Rest assured that the Nexus 4 orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received.

We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week time frame. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way.

If you would like to cancel the entire order, you can do so here:
Canceling or changing your order - Google Play Help

Please feel free to reply to this email with any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Brian
Google Play Support"
=================================
so i never did receive a actual e-mail saying it was back ordered other then this, but how is it physically possible for a package that is already "in transit" to back ordered?
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greven320 View Post
so i never did receive a actual e-mail saying it was back ordered other then this, but how is it physically possible for a package that is already "in transit" to back ordered?
They probably just said "in transit" to get you off their backs. Or it is one of those things where they say something extremely vague to fall back on.

I am about to start spamming someone at Google via email to see whats up with mine. Still no tracking number.
sponsored links
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #41 (permalink)

Same here and I am beginning to fear the worst
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s): N1, Atrix(dead), Skyrocket, HTC-ONE X (returned), GNex AOKP, N4 AOKP
Carrier: ATT

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3

Im still in "order received" status. Every time I call in they tell me it should be the next day that I get an update. I think they say that just because they know the next time I call in I wont get the same person to be mad at.
Old November 17th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Im still in "order received" status. Every time I call in they tell me it should be the next day that I get an update. I think they say that just because they know the next time I call in I wont get the same person to be mad at.
Haha same. Every time its "oh you should get it tomorrow" but it never comes in. Now I am being told that if it doesn't ship by the end of the day Tuesday, they will refund the $14 shipping.
Old November 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

I guess staying on them like i was did the trick, after those e-mails i just kept spamming them and i received my shipping confirmation this morning
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I guess staying on them like i was did the trick, after those e-mails i just kept spamming them and i received my shipping confirmation this morning
The weird thing is that the transaction disappeared from my bank account as a pending transaction. It just disappeared. I'm worried I got back ordered now without ever getting the email.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
what e-mail address did you use? worth a shot.
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

call them and reply back to the follow up e-mail that they are supposed to send you, that way your replies automatically go back to the same person so your constantly on 1 person instead of multiple.
and strausd, mine did that to, but its only because they put a hold on your money when you pre-order, but the bank automatically releases the hold after a few days, anywhere from 3-10 days depending on the bank
The Following User Says Thank You to Greven320 For This Useful Post:
Bob Loblaw1 (November 17th, 2012)

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4