Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Like Tree16Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Default The Limbo Thread

For those of us that have active orders pending and did NOT receive the backorder e-mail but also have not received a tracking #, please post here once you receive any updates from Google.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Monday should be a key day for us in limbo. If I don't find out anything positive about my order I may just go ballistic.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Somebody told me about a rumor on XDA about the Nexus 4s going back in stock anywhere between the 20-22 of this month. Which means if that is true, then those of us in limbo will have actually gotten back ordered without ever getting a notification.

However, that is a rumor i heard from some random person, so take it with a grain of salt, or 20 grains of salt. But I do think tomorrow will be a key day as stated above^^^
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
Somebody told me about a rumor on XDA about the Nexus 4s going back in stock anywhere between the 20-22 of this month. Which means if that is true, then those of us in limbo will have actually gotten back ordered without ever getting a notification.

However, that is a rumor i heard from some random person, so take it with a grain of salt, or 20 grains of salt. But I do think tomorrow will be a key day as stated above^^^
The last Rep I talked to did say at one point, "once we get more in..." and I'm like "But I'm good right? You have a phone for me right, it just hasn't shipped yet?". And he fell back to the standard line that if I haven't received the backorder e-mail then I'm in the clear. Who knows what to believe anymore.
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Ok so my order was updated tonight and is now showing Nov.19th where it was showing Nov.13th before under the Date column of My Orders. Estimated shipping is still showing the 15th though. What this means, I don't know.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw1 View Post
The last Rep I talked to did say at one point, "once we get more in..." and I'm like "But I'm good right? You have a phone for me right, it just hasn't shipped yet?". And he fell back to the standard line that if I haven't received the backorder e-mail then I'm in the clear. Who knows what to believe anymore.
Oh man that's not good. Sounds like we could all be back ordered without being officially back ordered. Seriously, there has been a huge gap in people getting shipment notifications, about 2 days now. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out and we just got left behind. And I doubt it was based on who ordered first because I ordered before people who have already gotten theirs.

Quote:
Ok so my order was updated tonight and is now showing Nov.19th where it was showing Nov.13th before under the Date column of My Orders. Estimated shipping is still showing the 15th though. What this means, I don't know.
Mine shows the 17th.
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Same situation as me presently.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

So I figured I'd stay away from the forums this weekend not to be disappointed. My order date was changed to the 17th as well and had not received any notifications at all since my order on the 13th at 11:35:08 est. I decided to give "sparkle" a call and this is what she told me:

" so it seems your order has been back ordered being that you ordered it on the 19th."
I told her she was wrong gave her all my info and she put me on hold to speak with another csr. She came back on the phone:

" I'm not sure why you didn't receive any back order email, but it shows you won't be receiving your device for up to three weeks".

Asked her how that was possible, she dodged the question and told me shell send me an email right now!

Wonderful...
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

I think that rep may have been wrong. This past Friday I read a that a few people received their tracking numbers soon after their order page updated to a new date.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Kindle Fire, Asus Transformer T100(Win8)
Carrier: StraightTalk

I have my tracking number that was sent to me on the 17th. Still on the ups website it just says "a package label has been made". Its now Monday!
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

On the account page of Google play, if you hover your mouse over "date" it says that that's the date your order was last updated. So clearly some movement is going on, whether physical or otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to g_patrick15 For This Useful Post:
Bob Loblaw1 (November 19th, 2012)
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): N1, Atrix(dead), Skyrocket, HTC-ONE X (returned), GNex AOKP, N4 AOKP
Carrier: ATT

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytouch311 View Post
I decided to give "sparkle" a call

Haha, I just got off the phone with Sparkle!! She gave me different news. She told me that I was one of the first orders according to the timestamp in the system. However, the system "went down" in the middle of the ordering process and "jumbled" all the orders taking them out of any time frame. So its completely random at this point who gets theirs, who doesnt or who is on backorder.

My status still says "Google received your order" on the 13th. So I am officially in limbo. She said I "should" receive my phone sometime this week.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4 Nexus One HTC Flyer
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Mine looks the same. "November 19th, 2012", so something happened.

My estimated shipping date is still the 15th, but we know doesn't seem to be getting updated.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

No sooner than I posted that I got an email from Google support:

"Hello Alex,
Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. Congratulations on ordering your new Nexus 4 device. I know you look forward to receiving your device. The Nexus 4 is exciting to everyone- me included.
I've reviewed your account and can confirm that you've successfully placed your order. Your order is now successfully charged.

You can verify or review these charges at "blah blah blah blah hyperlink code blah"

Thank you,

Sparkle
The Google Play Support Team"

Thats all fine and dandy but when I actually do check my google wallet account for this item it still just shows "google received your order". Dont friggin charge me for something until its actually shipped.

Hmm, unless it is shipped and thats why they charged me for it?
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
No sooner than I posted that I got an email from Google support:

"Hello Alex,
Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. Congratulations on ordering your new Nexus 4 device. I know you look forward to receiving your device. The Nexus 4 is exciting to everyone- me included.
I've reviewed your account and can confirm that you've successfully placed your order. Your order is now successfully charged.

You can verify or review these charges at "blah blah blah blah hyperlink code blah"

Thank you,

Sparkle
The Google Play Support Team"

Thats all fine and dandy but when I actually do check my google wallet account for this item it still just shows "google received your order". Dont friggin charge me for something until its actually shipped.

Hmm, unless it is shipped and thats why they charged me for it?
I got the same email. What i'm thinking is that there updating the order date until they ship it out. So potentially ours may get shipped today unless of course they run out of product. If we do get looked over, im certain our order dates will change again. Check your bank account, i havent been charged yet.
Last edited by tonytouch311; November 19th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

I called during the weekend (after being told that I'd be hearing something by the end of the day on Saturday) and was told to contact them if I don't have my phone by...Wednesday. I did notice that I have 2 pending charges from Google on my credit card account online statement -- one for $1 (presumably a test authorization) and one for the full amount of the phone. They are dated the 13th of November.

Google told me as well that it is entirely possible that I could get my phone before any updates show in either the Play Store or Google Wallet.

They seem shockingly messed up.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_arlva View Post
Google told me as well that it is entirely possible that I could get my phone before any updates show in either the Play Store or Google Wallet.
This is what I was hoping for initially and I even created a thread for people to post in if this happens to them but so far it seems that everybody has received a tracking #, had their account updated to "shipped" and transaction updated to "complete" before they've received their phones. At least from what I've read.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolmangar View Post
Mine looks the same. "November 19th, 2012", so something happened.

My estimated shipping date is still the 15th, but we know doesn't seem to be getting updated.
This just happened to my order. Updated to November 19. No change on Google Wallet yet but I still show the full pending charge on my credit card account.
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4 Nexus One HTC Flyer
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_arlva View Post
This just happened to my order. Updated to November 19. No change on Google Wallet yet but I still show the full pending charge on my credit card account.
I think mine got updated again, the order of the items in my "My Orders" list shifted so the N4 item is back at the top. I installed a new app that was listed in the first position. So the update to 11/19 happened this morning, which made the N4 position 2, and I just refreshed the screen and it moved to 1. So I'm assuming that another updated happened. Assuming that the list is sorting by full date time, but just showing date.

Wishful thinking on my part perhaps. I'm pretty patient so it's not that big a deal for me. At least I'm saying that now, in a few more days as I see more posts of "I GOT IT" I'll probably start stabbing an Android doll with my Flyer's stylus!
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey guys... glad to see this thread started an see I'm not alone! It's like a support group haha

I have the same thing going on...

No shipping email, no action in google wallet transaction screen. No estimated shipping blah blah...

Called google last thursday evening after work to see if i was one of the "unlucky ones" with a backorder since i didnt recieve a backorder email and the girl told me it did not show me on backorder an i should be recieving my shipping confirmation soon... that was thrusday... its monday... WTF!
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Check your bank account, i havent been charged yet.
Nope, not charged yet.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Got this cheery e-mail from Google Support a few minutes ago.

"We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way."

Mind you I never received a backorder e-mail. Another call to Google Support and at first the guy says "Yeah, sorry you didn't get an e-mail but it's backordered". I ask to speak to a Supervisor and he tells me that they are re-processing my order today (hence the date change on the My Orders page) and that I should receive a tracking number in the next couple days. Man this is a barrel of laughs.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 19th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Got this cheery e-mail from Google Support a few minutes ago.

"We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way."

Mind you I never received a backorder e-mail. Another call to Google Support and at first the guy says "Yeah, sorry you didn't get an e-mail but it's backordered". I ask to speak to a Supervisor and he tells me that they are re-processing my order today (hence the date change on the My Orders page) and that I should receive a tracking number in the next couple days. Man this is a barrel of laughs.
Got that same email, so I replied saying that my order isn't backordered. The response back was that their manager had her send that, but after checking she didn't see me on the backorder list. She said that the 3 week span shouldn't apply.

Our replies had to have either come from the same center with the same manager, or it's a company mandated response. Either way, it's a joke.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

My order originally said November 13th, then changed to November 17th on Saturday, and today it updated again to November 19th, but the shipping estimate still says the 15th. Still no tracking number email from Google. I did get a backorder email about a week ago, but of course any call i've made to Google has been the usual pre-written responses.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banished Angel View Post
My order originally said November 13th, then changed to November 17th on Saturday, and today it updated again to November 19th, but the shipping estimate still says the 15th. Still no tracking number email from Google. I did get a backorder email about a week ago, but of course any call i've made to Google has been the usual pre-written responses.
Atleast you get a pre-written response, all i get is stuttering and confusion.
Bob Loblaw1 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

More nonsense from Google Play Support. This is in response to my e-mail questioning their e-mail stating they were working to fulfill my order within the 3 week time period.

"If you didn't receive an email stating that your order was backordered then you should be receiving a shipping confirmation soon.Only some N4 orders are backordered. Nexus 4 orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received."

We know that last part isn't true but I've been told that twice now. I think they don't realize they aren't dealing with Joe Consumer who will take these stock BS lines as gospel and figure, "Oh well, if they said it it must be true". It's sad that through our little forum here, we have a better idea about what's going on than they do. And we don't know shit so what does that say about them?!
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 19th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

Ha, when I was talking to Sparkle this morning I asked her how some people were receiving there devices even tho they had ordered after I did. She responded, "Well, you have to understand people are in other time zones, so your 11:30 might be someones 8:30". I didn't respond back...
Bob Loblaw1 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Carrier: Straight Talk (AT&T)

I just called support and what I was told is that every time I logged in to check my order, the order started over. The rep told me he was going to escalate it to shipping so that they would manually deal with the shipping.

So yeah I think I'm back ordered and they just don't want to admit it.
kcs7272 likes this.
Last edited by sexymandroid; November 19th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Ha, when I was talking to Sparkle this morning I asked her how some people were receiving there devices even tho they had ordered after I did. She responded, "Well, you have to understand people are in other time zones, so your 11:30 might be someones 8:30". I didn't respond back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymandroid View Post
I just called support and what I was told is that every time I logged in to check my order, the order started over.
Man I'm dying here I mean you could make a Saturday Night Live skit out some the things they are saying.
kcs7272 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymandroid View Post
I just called support and what I was told is that every time I logged in to check my order, the order started over. The rep told me he was going to escalate it to shipping so that they would manually deal with the shipping.

So yeah I think I'm back ordered and they just don't want to admit it.
Lucky you. If I don't get an email notification about shipping tonight then I am gonna call them... Again.

So how exactly did you get them to ship it manually? I would love to see if I could get them to do that for mine.
tonytouch311 likes this.
Last edited by strausd; November 19th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Location: (Pittsburgh sort of)Jeannette ( West Newton as of the 10th) PA

Device(s): AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Cobalt Blue

Mine will be here Wednesday. I ordered it this last Sunday night. You ask how, they're sold out? I'll tell you how. READY?!?!?!?

My current phone is DED Dead. I am in dire need of a new one. I tried for over 5 hours on launch day to order unsuccessfully (kept getting the darn "oops" message)

So Sunday night I bought am 8GB model off of Ebay for.........$519!!!

It is over $170 more than I would have paid with tax and shipping from GOOFFLE (yes I know how I spelled Google and Ded, I'm ticked)

But I am in need of a phone so the sharks got me

Dear Google imagine that I am holding up my fist. Now, pick a finger. I think you know which one.

I am not a fan of Crapple but at least they can handle a launch a little better.
sexymandroid and strausd like this.
Last edited by kcs7272; November 19th, 2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: stupidity
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strausd View Post
Lucky you. If I don't get an email notification about shipping tonight then I am gonna call them... Again.

So how exactly did you get them to ship it manually? I would love to see if I could get them to do that for mine.
I called and talked to the rep that my order date keeps pushing back and then he proceeded to tell me everything I mentioned in my previous post. We'll see how this goes.
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S 4,Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

crawfordgossen@gmail.com

I just talked to a Google CS member and he said they're sending my phone over night. I asked if he could email me the info in case some STRANGE reason he was just lying to me.

" Thanks for contacting Google.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20."
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Buster View Post
I just talked to a Google CS member and he said they're sending my phone over night. I asked if he could email me the info in case some STRANGE reason he was just lying to me.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20."
What a conundrum. Can someone decipher?
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Just Got the same exact email... Still have no shipping email as of now.

This is after I called around 5est and asked again about my order ... the guy told me it was still processing and wasn't sure if it was back ordered... So either I'm back ordered or I'm getting tomorrow ha what a cluster ****
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, has the "Shipping Estimate" date changed in the My Orders section of your account or is it still showing 11/15?

I'd call Support to ask about this but I now know that would re-set my order and the whole process would have to start over
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 19th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10

I talked to a person today that claims he escalated my order to the shipping department to get something done ASAP. I don't know that I believe him but it is better than the standard response of "yours should ship tomorrow".
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaviian View Post
I talked to a person today that claims he escalated my order to the shipping department to get something done ASAP. I don't know that I believe him but it is better than the standard response of "yours should ship tomorrow".
I don't want to burst your bubble and I'm sure he was being sincere but I've been told that twice now and that the shipping person would be in contact with me and that I can e-mail them back directly. And yet....nothing.
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't want to burst your bubble
I don't put any weight into it so no bubble to burst. I suspect I'll get mine in a few weeks, if then. I have a feeling that the people that ordered right away won't get theirs because they got lost in the system.
Bob Loblaw1 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

So I was supposed to receive my Nexus 10 today. Low and behold UPS didn't deliver it today even though it was out for delivery since 3:03 am. this means that it will be a 3 day shipping time rather than the 2 day that I paid for. Heads will roll for this.
kcs7272 likes this.
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1

Thanked 13,415 Times in 7,345 Posts

Called again today. I was told on Friday that I'd get my tracking number today for delivery either Wednesday or Friday. Nothing. Told the rep that and they said they'd escalate the case and I'd get an email explaining my order status in 24 to 48 hours ... not that I'd get a tracking number or a promise of shipment, only an explanation. So far I've been promised contact at least three times and I have received nothing.

I now sadly must add Google to my list of customer service debacles which is reason never to buy anything from them.

Google
Westinghouse
Asus
Toshiba

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just got a pretty bold guarantee from a David from customer service that I'll receive my phone tomorrow or [he'll] handle it.
tonytouch311 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #43 (permalink)

Just got my tracking number!!!!
Bob Loblaw1 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

Tracking number ftmfw!
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S 4,Nexus 7

crawfordgossen@gmail.com

Quote:

Me too! Can't wait..work's going to be torture for me tomorrow.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1

Thanked 13,415 Times in 7,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_patrick15 View Post
I just got a pretty bold guarantee from a David from customer service that I'll receive my phone tomorrow or [he'll] handle it.
I got
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Google Play! If you ordered on 11/13 and you did not receive a backorder notification email, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Regards,

Andre
The Google Play Support Team

DUCK! There must be flying pigs around here.
kcs7272 and Biaviian like this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #47 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:

Got mine too!!!! Order status has changed to "Shipped" and Wallet transaction from "Pending" to "Complete". Wow it took a while but things are looking up! Hopefully we get some good news from more people on here.
Biaviian likes this.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 19th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #48 (permalink)

Oh sweet baby jesus just got a tracking number ahufugegdrbnie
kcs7272 likes this.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s):

Ahhhh, just got my email too!! Still asking for my shipping cost reimbursed....
Last edited by tonytouch311; November 19th, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Device(s):

Got an email at 8:45 pm EST that my phone had shipped and the email had the tracking number. Google Play and Google Wallet also showed a completed order. Happy that they're getting their act together. My order had gone through at 11:36 am EST on November 13.

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4