Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): iPhone 5
Carrier: Verizon

Default Google maps lack of directions

So i was driving around yesterday, getting to know the new area im currently living in and thought it'd be a great opportunity to test out google maps on my new nexus 4.

while driving and listening to the directions, I've noticed a HUGE delay in directions. The area can get a little confusing at times with all the weird oddly shaped turns and round abouts, so i missed a few turns here and there and the time between missing a turn and getting new directions was around 20-25 seconds. while waiting im wondering if im ever going to get new directions.

The same issue is also apparent even when i do make the correct turn, it will tell me to make a right, i make the turn and in most cases i'm given an immediate set of directions like "in 300 feet, make a left", but no, it takes about 15-20 seconds for that. Also I had one instance where it left me hanging on directions, and at the last second, told me to make the right, right as i was in the intersection going 35 mph, no way i could stop in 2 feet safely.

anyone else have these issues?
My signal is fine, full bars almost everywhere i go. For the record, I do have the map of the area downloaded onto my phone to save data usage and im also on straight talk through AT&T, if that info will help.

sponsored links

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4