Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mttfrog13

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S3 16GB White(only functioning as paperweight right now), Ipad 3, Galaxy S+, Iphone 3g(retire
Carrier: Not Provided

Default A serious Question

A serious question for serious android users,

~~I had been using Samsung Galaxy S3 till it stopped working last week and i'm quite pissed off at it. I've sent it to Samsung and they said they cant repair it and now im planning to buy a new phone. I'm kind of stuck between Nexus 4 and Galaxy s3(again). I want to get Nexus 4, but its only 16 gb and i cant increase it with microSd. I have a huge music library and HD movie collection and im a bit afraid if i get Nexus 4, i will have Memory shortage. (And i'm not really into those cloud storage services)

~~LTE connectivity is not an issue, because there isnt any 4G connection avaible where i live. And also, faster proccesor and bigger RAM of Nexus 4 is attracting me.

--So what can you, fellow Nexus 4 owners, tell me about the things i said above, should i get another (working) S3, or a Nexus 4

And i'm quite pissed of at Samsung, they didnt refund and helped me any..

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

While I really enjoy my Nexus 4 I don't really recommend it for people if they're going to use it for a lot of music listening. It sounds good in headphones but if you plug it into your car with the headphone jack it doesn't sound great. I came from the first Galaxy Note and it's definitely inferior as far as sound quality goes. Also the lack of storage is going to be an issue. I may keep it for a long time but I'll probably end up getting a Note 2 for music.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Honestly, if you need space for music and like the whole idea of listening to music on your device you should really consider the HTC one X+
Comes with 64GB of on board storage and the speakers are pretty decent. Throw in the fact that its rocking a new quicker processor then the previous X, along with a pretty worthy camera and you have a pretty solid device.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5 Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Did your phone just stop working, or did it take a dip or you drop it? If it just stopped working, then shouldn't they be replacing for free since it should still be under warranty?

Anyway, as far as music, I have no problem with the nexus 4 and music. I have a music library of about 45GB that is all uploaded onto google music. I then save about 6GB of my favorite albums and playlists to the phone for when I don't have a data or wifi signal.

If you're serious about saving HD movies to your phone, then you should probably just go with the S3. I don't have the need for that much or that type of media to be saved on a phone.

If you have a large music library, then you will really have to embrace google music or some type of streaming music service to enjoy the nexus 4. I like google music so it's not a problem for me. You could at least give google music a try. I haven't noticed any difference in sound between android phones honestly (as long as you're using a flat equalizer). I'm not a complete audiophile but I can tell the difference between good and bad sound quality.

The negatives to me are:
-If you library is large, it could take days (literally) to upload all of your music.
-You need a decent wifi or data signal
-It's not as easy to share music. You can't just plug your phone into a friend's computer and transfer music since all the music is stored in
nixie21 likes this.

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4