Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yfan

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Good Nexus 4 cases?

Anyone have a suggestion for a good sturdy case? or bumper for the nexus 4? I do tend to drop things a lot and I know I'll have to be more cautious with this, but I definitely need a good case that will give it a chance of survival in a fall lol

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Master List For Accessories!
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have the Rearth Ringke SLIM white hardcase, and it make the phone look phenomenal.
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfan View Post
I have the Rearth Ringke SLIM white hardcase, and it make the phone look phenomenal.
What do the top and bottom corners look like in person? In the pictures it looks weird where it rounds and then looks cut off, kind of like shoulder pads. it doesn't exactly look "clean" and I'm not sure the advantage of this over full coverage on the top and bottom other than being stylistically different from other cases.

Also, their website says there's a minor fit problem near the volume rocker and they've actually stopped sales. A revised case will be available Dec. 11th. Do you notice any fit problem?
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5 Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaLeX View Post
Also, their website says there's a minor fit problem near the volume rocker and they've actually stopped sales. A revised case will be available Dec. 11th. Do you notice any fit problem?
That's pretty embarrassing for rearth. They should offer free replacements for the people who had already ordered. Diztronic did. Diztronic had the same type of situation with their first set of TPU cases for the gnex but it looks like they've learned their lesson this time around. I believe they are on revision number 3 for the gnex (the last revision was just for improvements though not necessarily to fix problems).

Reearth seems to be having a lot of fit problems. In Chris Chavez's review on the homepage, you can see that the fit on the S3 is not that well and that the case bulges out a bit.

Anyway, I ordered the revised rearth case, having faith that they will get it right this time.
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaLeX View Post
What do the top and bottom corners look like in person? In the pictures it looks weird where it rounds and then looks cut off, kind of like shoulder pads. it doesn't exactly look "clean" and I'm not sure the advantage of this over full coverage on the top and bottom other than being stylistically different from other cases.

It actually looks better in person. Yes, the aesthetics means that it's not covering the top and bottom like a bumper, but my main purpose is to protect the back from nicks during everyday use.

And yes, I do have the fit issue. It doesn't bother me too much, but I am going to send the re-earth team an email to see if I can get a replacement.
RaLeX likes this.
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon

Of the three that I have and have tried, Diztronic ftw!

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Tags
nexus 4 case

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4