Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Is Search broken?

It seems that some of the functions of the Google Search/Voice Search app on my phone are suddenly busted.

1) I used to be able to tell Search to listen to a specific piece of music, and it would launch the music app I had selected by default (Subsonic), search for the correct track and start playing it automatically. Now, all I get when I use a "listen to" or "play" command is a list of web links. (Oddly, this still works fine on my old Gingerbread phone).
2) I have a number of apps checked off in the search settings, but the phone never searches these. Again, when looking for something I just get a list of links.

I wasn't paying close attention, but it seems to me that these things worked ok as recently as a day or two again. Maybe this week's updates broke something?

Is anyone else noticing this or is it just my phone?

Thanks.

sponsored links

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4