Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Unhappy Phone Powers Off When Charging

I know others have posted similar issues, but I just wanted to try and clarify if mine was the same and what other people found to be the solution.

I just got a Nexus 4, and while I love the phone, every night I put it on charge I wake up to find it turned off. To turn it back on I have to hold the power button down for a good few seconds, and then it starts the standard boot up process with the Google logo.

I haven't rooted the device and only actually have a few apps installed. It also doesn't do this at any other time (i.e. randomly rebooting when I'm using it, or when it's not charging), but once it comes back on the battery is at 100%.

Originally I charged it in my house with the stock ac adapter/usb cable, but last night I tried it in another house with a completely different ac adapter/usb cable and the same thing happened.

I know a few people have recommended factory resetting the device, but has anyone actually had any success doing that and do people think it will work?

Also, I'm not sure if this would be helpful, but is there anyway of extracting a log of what's happening when it turns off? I know some users have suggested the GPS or Google Now could be the issue, but I haven't tried deactivating these and I'd obviously rather not turn features off on the phone if I could help it!

I know when I originally setup the phone I upgraded from Android 4.2 to 4.2.1 and I don't know if this is just a reported issue with the very latest version?

Lastly, has this problem actually be recognised by Google? I suppose I just need to determine if the consensus is that this is a hardware fault rather than a software one.

Anyway, thanks for any advice!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

I suggest that you raise the issue with Google Support - if it's a known hardware problem, finding out now could save you a lot time and frustration
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Is that just a case of submitting it to Google Code?

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4