Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Nexus 4 on AIO Wireless

Call me a fool, but I was one of the first adopters of the new AIO Wireless service in Houston. After a couple of days delay in porting my number from T-Mo (the guy at the store didn't enter my PIN when he requested the port, so it went into porting purgatory) got voice and data up and running on the number.

Problem is, it's been two weeks now and AIO can't seem to get text messages to work - send nor receive is working at all.

Customer service staff has been great, but it seems their tech support is a bunch of monkeys.

They never once asked me what version of Android I was running or any other technical information about the phone. Since they don't have any phones that they sell that are Android 4.2.2, they have no idea how to even access some basic settings, you have to figure it out yourself and educate them.

Just wondering, has anyone tried the Nexus 4 with AIO and done it successfully? Just kind of want to cut my losses at this point if they can't make Android 4.2.2 send and receive SMS. Thanks for reading...

sponsored links
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

FYI the monkeys at AIO Wireless Horrible Tech Support still haven't figured out this issue. It's been 18 days and no SMS. My thoughts are that AIO Wireless doesn't have the technology to support Android 4.2.1 and higher, as they don't carry phones that use up-to-date versions of Android. I may be wrong about that but for sure they have no idea how to make an up-to-date stock Android phone send and receive SMS.

So I guess this is just a post to say, AIO Wireless bring-your-own phone plans don't work. Porting back to T-Mobile today until I can find a better solution.

If any one has any clues as to how to make it work, please post!
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4

Im sort of in your boat. I can't find a decent att mvno. T-Mobile has poor data coverage....edge speeds where I'm at so I'm going to give Red Pocket a shot....its a little more pricey but I'm willing to pay a little more for better speeds and a CLEARLY DEFINED DATA LIMIT. Straight talk sucks as does net10 in that respect.
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I had considered Red Pocket but I thought the cost was a little high as well.

With that said, Aio has redeemed themselves. Finally got their top tech folks on board before I ported back to T-Mo. The problem was on their end after all, and they were able to fix it for all of their users, so it shouldn't be an issue again. Very happy with the outcome and planning on porting another number to them tomorrow - especially now that I have the top tech people's phone number. When a $50 a month customer warrants a conference call with a room full of people to get an issue fixed, that's good service in my book (finally).

Even with these issues I would now highly recommend them if they are in your area, especially if your T-Mo coverage is as bad as mine was.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Nexus 4 (PA)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Are you getting 4 Mbps max speed? They supposedly cap the speed...
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 7 FLO, KK 4.4.2; GNex deodx stock JB 4.22, N5, KK 4.4.2 stock
Carrier: GoPhone

@taylorich,
You said you purchased aiowireless in Houston area. I see they have LTE. Do you have your N4 running LTE radio? If so, please share details of speeds on aiowireless LTE. I've read that the "4 Mbps max speed" is now officially "8 Mbps"; however, users of other lte phones are showing much (3x) faster speeds. Thanks.
Old June 28th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I just ran Speedtest and I got right at 4Mbps. Not running the LTE radio...didn't know I could! Would love to know how...
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: Straight Talk

Any update on how the Nexus 4 works on AIO Wireless? I'm thinking of switching to it from Solavei (who can't get MMS to work).

Nexus 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 4 brings comes after months and months of rumors. This is Google's first time partnering with LG to make a Nexus device. The Pure Google smartphone features the latest and greatest Android 4.2 software version, along with stunning spe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 4