Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5 - All Things Root

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hunter5

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 297
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 Nexus 5
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 31
Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
Default Teach me!

I, like so many others, are looking to find a way to to hide the soft keys to create more screen for viewing. There is an app UDN but apparently you need to install Xposed. I'm still learning this stuff but don't know how to install xposed. Already have the file downloaded but don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Yes I am rooted. Thanks!

Advertisements
Hunter5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Ranhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 335
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 - rooted, EVO V 4G - retired
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 43
Thanked 71 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Well your rooted and now and have Xposed installed. I would suggest trying the new Gravitybox release. There are a bunch of options, but I don't think there is anything that will brick your phone. The one thing I noticed is that you should set up your pie menu before you get rid of the soft buttons. I learned that the hard way. It's tough to back up if you have no back button
Ranhead is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranhead View Post
Well your rooted and now and have Xposed installed. I would suggest trying the new Gravitybox release. There are a bunch of options, but I don't think there is anything that will brick your phone. The one thing I noticed is that you should set up your pie menu before you get rid of the soft buttons. I learned that the hard way. It's tough to back up if you have no back button
Are you saying that if you are rooted you automatically have Xposed?? Is it a component of rooting or..
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Ranhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 335
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 - rooted, EVO V 4G - retired
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 43
Thanked 71 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ubest View Post
Are you saying that if you are rooted you automatically have Xposed?? Is it a component of rooting or..
No .... not at all. I was just following Hunter's progression. He has been rooted for awhile and today he installed Xposed. If you are interested HERE is the main forum for Xposed. It is a very easy install.
Ranhead is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 297
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 Nexus 5
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 31
Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranhead View Post
No .... not at all. I was just following Hunter's progression. He has been rooted for awhile and today he installed Xposed. If you are interested HERE is the main forum for Xposed. It is a very easy install.
Yes, very easy once you figure things out, and have a little help along the way....Thanks Ranhead!
Ranhead likes this.
Hunter5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.