Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus with Seidio 3800
Carrier: Not Provided

Laugh Nexus 5, hype or hope?

With so many great new phones coming out, and having had and used every single nexus device til now (currently on Galaxy Nexus with Seidio 3800, because I gave my N4 to my family), it makes me wonder of the N5 will live up to the Nexus name? Having started with the G1 on Tmobile, then going on the Nexus One, I fell in love with nexus devices for their prompt OTA's, always being the first to know and have available the latest and greatest updates; Nexus lovers know why they love Nexus devices.

Yet, the hardware on the Nexus devices haven't had too much to show since the Nexus One. When the N1, came out, it was a flagship phone that was a top-tier device that remained a top-tier device far above and beyond the days since it was first sold. Since the Gnexus days, however, the phone itself was indeed competing with the other top tier android devices, but was quickly dethroned with the next batches of standard android phones.

As for the N5, specs-wise, it is right up there with the S4, HTC one max, and Iphone5 as a top tier device. But how long will that hold up? Will this device be able to hold its reign like the N1 did, or will it become just another android device? I shall try it when it becomes available, and I hope it treats me as well as the N1 did during its heyday.

sponsored links
Old October 31st, 2013, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Initially

Being newer to phones, capabilities and other exciting things, jumped on the touchwiz bandwagon pretty quickly. Rooting and flashing, I installed the Google play edition rom on my s4. Needless to say, while not in the strictest sense pure, I feel the joy of the lack of the extra nonsense the carrier implements. Now, if I could have the s4 camera on the N5, that would be one bad maamma jammy. Aside from that though, I feel like people are making the hype and that hype turns to curiosity. It is this curiosity that had me explore aosp, and now I know the potential of a pure unlocked masterpiece. When I upgrade, it will be aosp. Hell, may proceed to get N5 and switch between S4 and N5...

Nexus 5
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 5 is the 2013 handset release in Google's long line of Nexus phones. The device features a 4.95-inch 1080p HD display, and is heralded as the fastest Nexus phone yet. It gets that title due to the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5