Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mk_ultra19
  • 1 Post By mk_ultra19
  • 1 Post By mk_ultra19
  • 1 Post By mk_ultra19

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Rotated Pics

Is anyone else experiencing this? When I take pics with the native camera and then try to share them or upload them somewhere like Instagram they are rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. This is really irritating because Instagram does not have a rotate feature!!! And not all other apps do either. If anyone knows a fix, please tell me! ]:

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5

instagram does have a rotation feature.

Tap this icon...

then this one and rotate to your heart's content.
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5,Galaxy S3 rooted, Metropolis ROM Nexus 7 rooted, stock Kitkat
Carrier: Metro PCS/Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lona808 View Post
Is anyone else experiencing this? When I take pics with the native camera and then try to share them or upload them somewhere like Instagram they are rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. This is really irritating because Instagram does not have a rotate feature!!! And not all other apps do either. If anyone knows a fix, please tell me! ]:

Yes it has done it to me a couple of times too.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Days View Post
instagram does have a rotation feature.

Tap this icon...

then this one and rotate to your heart's content.
Oh thank you so much. I thought they had removed rotate or something cause I never use the straighten feature. But it is still irritating that my camera does this. Sometimes it appears rotated in gallery as well.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Vodafone

Yes but i don't use instagram.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5,Galaxy S3 rooted, Metropolis ROM Nexus 7 rooted, stock Kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukka63 View Post
Have no fear... okay, go to your gallery. Open it, select the pic that is " rotated ." Next hit the little pencil icon in the bottom left corner.

Now on the bottom of the picture you will see 4 menu icons. Select the 3rd one from the left. After selecting ...you should see the option to rotate your picture how you want it. Hope this helps!
Lona808 likes this.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk_ultra19 View Post
Have no fear... okay, go to your gallery. Open it, select the pic that is " rotated ." Next hit the little pencil icon in the bottom left corner.

Now on the bottom of the picture you will see 4 menu icons. Select the 3rd one from the left. After selecting ...you should see the option to rotate your picture how you want it. Hope this helps!
I've tried to rotate all the pictures using the Gallery AND the Photos app and neither one works. For some god damn reason, they have no trouble rotating it to be 90 degrees clockwise, counterclockwise or even 180 degrees upside down. However when I try to rotate it so it's right side up, the picture will turn as if rotating, and then return to it's previous position instantly (looks like gaming lag). If I somehow get lucky enough for the picture to turn right-side up, when I hit save it just gets stuck at saving the picture and I have to force close the gallery/photos and when I re-open it, the picture is turned on it's side as if I never rotated it. It's getting on my last nerve.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

If I try to save them on their side or upside-down they save instantly with no delay like it should... >< Only right-side up gives me issues.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukka63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lona808 View Post
I've tried to rotate all the pictures using the Gallery AND the Photos app and neither one works. For some god damn reason, they have no trouble rotating it to be 90 degrees clockwise, counterclockwise or even 180 degrees upside down. However when I try to rotate it so it's right side up, the picture will turn as if rotating, and then return to it's previous position instantly (looks like gaming lag). If I somehow get lucky enough for the picture to turn right-side up, when I hit save it just gets stuck at saving the picture and I have to force close the gallery/photos and when I re-open it, the picture is turned on it's side as if I never rotated it. It's getting on my last nerve.
That's weird! I can rotate mine no problem using the gallery app that came installed on the Nexus 5.

I am noticing lots of other little and annoying bugs though.
Lona808 likes this.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Lona...not to assume you aren't technical, but are you hitting the " save " option in the top left corner after you rotate it? That way it stores it to your gallery how you want it!

*** Nevermind ... I see what you meant by getting stuck at saving. See ...another bug! LOL
Lona808 likes this.
sponsored links
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

It keeps flashing saving on the screen but if you with the running apps menu, swipe away the gallery and then look in the gallery it should still have saved it the way you want it, BUT YES...THAT SAVING PICTURE SCREEN just won't go away unless you do what I mentioned.
Lona808 likes this.
Old December 4th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
It keeps flashing saving on the screen but if you with the running apps menu, swipe away the gallery and then look in the gallery it should still have saved it the way you want it, BUT YES...THAT SAVING PICTURE SCREEN just won't go away unless you do what I mentioned.
No that does not work for me. As I have previously mentioned after I force close and return to the app it is not rotated at all.

Quote:
That's weird! I can rotate mine no problem using the gallery app that came installed on the Nexus 5.

I am noticing lots of other little and annoying bugs though.
It seems where one Nexus 5 has bugs, another one will have different ones. No one seems to have the same bugs except the volume bug (I was spared on that).

Nexus 5
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 5 is the 2013 handset release in Google's long line of Nexus phones. The device features a 4.95-inch 1080p HD display, and is heralded as the fastest Nexus phone yet. It gets that title due to the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5