Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 30th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G Root S-Off Pri Prl Updated, Motorola Truimph Root Miui (RIP)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default nexus 5 on att gophone

ive got my nexus 5 on att gophone non contract service. when I called 611 the automated service identified my phone as a basic phone, not a smartphone.

Right now im on the 60buck 2gb smartphone plan, but im thinking of trying to switch to a basic phone 50 buck unlimited plan. It appears that the plan does not have the 2gb data limit.

would the basic plan be 4g lte? would this even work? Any unforeseen problems?

https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans/rateplan_en.jsp

Advertisements
Last edited by jgriner; November 30th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ever since DU... ;-)

Device(s): Nexus 7 (2012),Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T (Gophone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriner View Post
ive got my nexus 5 on att gophone non contract service. when I called 611 the automated service identified my phone as a basic phone, not a smartphone.

Right now im on the 60buck 2gb smartphone plan, but im thinking of trying to switch to a basic phone 50 buck unlimited plan. It appears that the plan does not have the 2gb data limit.

would the basic plan be 4g lte? would this even work? Any unforeseen problems?

https://www.paygonline.com/websc/rateplans/rateplan_en.jsp

Might work for awhile, but I suspect they might eventually twig to it. They had me identified as a basic phone too but that was because I had my old Samsung flip phone in the system.

The $50 Basic phone plan is intended foe basic phones using mobile web, not full-up HSPA/LTE connections. However, I can't say I know how well they police this. Have used them since 2009 but never pt it to the test.

I also had trouble getting LTE at first on the $60 plan. They gave me a new SIM and provisioned my account, but was still showing only H. inally, they (with my permission) collected some data off the phone and 24 hours later, I had LTE showing up.

Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Dirty Unicorns 7.9, Android 4.4.4, Build KTU84P, Nova Launcher.

Nexus 5
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Nexus 5 is the 2013 handset release in Google's long line of Nexus phones. The device features a 4.95-inch 1080p HD display, and is heralded as the fastest Nexus phone yet. It gets that title due to the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus 5