Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)

Like Tree106Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #201 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013, iPad Mini Retina, MBP.
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Smart Cover Case similar to iPad!!

Found a Smart Cover that looks exactly like the Apple version!!

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Portfolio-Automatically-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B008NMCPTQ/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343077846&s r=1-22&keywords=poetic+case+nexus+7

Sent from my Nexus 7

Sorry I'm late to post this I posted it on XDA a couple days ago.

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNexus For This Useful Post:
martingroso (July 25th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #202 (permalink)

Device(s): G1, Nexus One Cyan7, NS Stock 4.0, Viewsonic GTab Flashback, GNex VanirBean, Nexus 7 Stock 4.1

Looks like the official version on Google play.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_Cover_Dark_Grey?id=nexus_7_cover&feature=a ccessories#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDExMSwiZGV2aWNlLW5leHVz XzdfY292ZXIiXQ..

Glad its coming out August 10th
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #203 (permalink)

Device(s): 16GB Nexus 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNexus View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Portfolio-Automatically-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B008NMCPTQ/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343077846&s r=1-22&keywords=poetic+case+nexus+7

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thats exactly what I'm looking for! Could you let me know when you get it? And if you could take a few pictures of the case on the N7, it would be really cool
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #204 (permalink)
Pain de Cacao

Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,954 Posts

Can anyone confirm the official case does have the sleep/wake functionality as it doesn't say anything on the site? Wish it came in a more exciting color than grey, but it looks solid.
Site Rules and Guidelines
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #205 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 7, HP Touchpad (running android)

This says it is for the Kindle Fire, but it easily fits the Nexus 7:

Amazon.com: Cosmos ® Neoprene 7" 7 inch Black color Tablet case/bag/sleeve for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Kindle touch 3G Fire Keyboard 3G+ Cosmos cable tie: Electronics

Only 4 bucks. I have a rooCase that supports the smartcover feature, but the sleeve is nice as well when I want to use the Nexus naked.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #206 (permalink)

Device(s): N7 (12&13), Note 2, GNex, N1, G1, TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnatty08 View Post
Can anyone confirm the official case does have the sleep/wake functionality as it doesn't say anything on the site? Wish it came in a more exciting color than grey, but it looks solid.
I can confirm that the official Play Store one does NOT have that ability. It is just a piece of plastic.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #207 (permalink)
Not Entitled

Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 1,318 Times in 558 Posts

Yeah it's a crappy, rubbery plastic. I want to sell mine on Craigslist but feel bad about screwing someone over. I dislike it that much.
JESUSgotNAILED likes this.

Apple tells people what they want, Microsoft asks what people want, Google gives people what they want (for 15 minutes).

Site Rules, for your convenience
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #208 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus Nexus 7 Kindle Fire (sold)

if any one is interested in the treegloo case, i emailed them to ask about the speaker opening on the back and when actual photos would be posted. here's the response i got. I may actually get one of these $$$ mammajammas. Bday's coming up and would love to not pay for it.

"Hi Justin,

We put a lot of R&D into our case designs, and making sure the speaker worked well was a high priority. We will be posting updated photos of the Nexus 7 case design very soon, but for now, I'll do my best to describe our solution for the back speaker.

The speaker aligns with the bottom ledge of the frame, which helps direct the sound toward the user through the bottom port. It actually sounds better in the frame than when it's sitting on its own.

I hope that helps out, and please let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Jen"
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #209 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSz View Post
I can confirm the official case is terrible. It's the worst $20 I've ever spent.
Thanks for the link. I'm confused because I thought the official case had a magnet, but from the looks of the video, the Nexus 7 doesn't awake when the cover is opened.

Edit: d'oh, and best to read the whole thread before posting since a few others had the same question/comment.

I got my Kays Case the other day... It's okay. I confess I do not use it. Also there is no magnet (though I think there is on the latest shipments - they are now updating). Maybe a screen protector is the way to go.
Last edited by CrackBaby; July 25th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #210 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon of Course

Default Nexus 7 Cover (Dark Grey)

Does anyone own the Nexus 7 Cover sold by Google? If so, please provide your thoughts on the case. A few photos would be awesome. Unfortunately this case is still unavailable in the Google Play Store. I suppose the folks at Google would rather see new users waste money on the plethora of non OEM junk cases polluting the market.
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #211 (permalink)

Device(s): HP TouchPad, HTC One Max, Dell Venue 11 Pro

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,413 Posts

There's a few reviews around, if you search.

The short version: "nothing special, barely worth $10, save your money".
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #212 (permalink)
Not Entitled

Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds4000 View Post
Does anyone own the Nexus 7 Cover sold by Google? If so, please provide your thoughts on the case. A few photos would be awesome. Unfortunately this case is still unavailable in the Google Play Store. I suppose the folks at Google would rather see new users waste money on the plethora of non OEM junk cases polluting the market.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Sorry.

See my last few posts. Summary, it's terrible and I wish I never bought it. I don't have any pics but the screen cover is just like a rubber flap, doesn't stay closed well doesn't stay open well.

But almost anything else from Amazon and you'll do better.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichSz For This Useful Post:
Questhate (July 25th, 2012)
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #213 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got my i-blason case in today, and am more than a bit disappointed in the overall quality.

1. The side flap causes the left (inside) part of the case where it folds underneath to velcro in to bulge out significantly farther than the outside.

2. As a result of item 1, the flap will not close easily. You need to first hold the binding flush against the bulging edge, THEN close the top flap. This design is unwieldy, feels sloppy, and reminds me of a tattered hardcover book that has it's binding glue all dried out.

If you attempt to flip it close with just the primary cover, it stays open by at least 30 degrees. At this point, if you push the binding flush, it still does not close on it's own, but still has about 15 degrees to go. Only by then pushing down on the cover can it close on it's own.

3. The viewing area was not cut square! Unfortunately, I do not have a camera handy, but this isn't even CLOSE. The opening is not a rectangle, but rather a very poor parallelogram. Turning the brightness all the way up, I can see the unevenness at the top and bottom of the screen. On the left, the screen goes so far as to be partially obscured at the bottom left! Pushing the tablet different ways to make sure it is fully seated does not correct this a bit, it just shifts the skewing a hair more to the right.

Short version: This case is horrible, and I will be returning it ASAP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polarhound For This Useful Post:
Atma (July 26th, 2012), Questhate (July 25th, 2012)
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #214 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE (CM10) Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

/\/\/\
Thanks for the feedback on those cases. I was seriously considering them.
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #215 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 7, HP Touchpad (running android)

Quote:
I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Sorry.

See my last few posts. Summary, it's terrible and I wish I never bought it. I don't have any pics but the screen cover is just like a rubber flap, doesn't stay closed well doesn't stay open well.

But almost anything else from Amazon and you'll do better.
You don't sound like a broken record and you're doing a good service.

I like my rooCASE.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep) Lifetime Warranty: MP3 Players & Accessories

The only thing I don't like is it bulks up the Nexus' thickness. Yet it supports the smartcover feature, it looks nice, and it cost me like 10 bucks.
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #216 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2, Note 3
Carrier: Maxis

For those in the UK, you might want to check the the LuvTab Black Nexus 7 case sold on amazon LuvTab BLACK Google Nexus 7 Tablet (7 inch) Genius Multifunctional / Multi Angle Luxury Executive Wallet / Cover / Stand Case with Magnetic Sleep Sensor - Fits all versions / models: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I just got it today, feels great actually. I can live with this. I think the only thing missing from the case is the additional leather wedge which you can flip your case to make it stand but I can live without it. Also, the smart cover really works. The N7 does power down and goes back to the lockscreen home page when you close the cover
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #217 (permalink)

Device(s):

FYI: Google Nexus 7 Sleeve and Case Options Unveiled by WaterField Designs -- SAN FRANCISCO, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ --
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #218 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7

My question with this one is: how does it attach to the Nexus? It's not at all clear from the picture. Thanks.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #219 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Marware Covers

I know someone had posted earlier that Marware had not planned to make any cases, but I just emailed them and received this response (within minutes, BTW):

Thank you for contacting Marware.

We've been told that Nexus 7 cases are being prepared and should be shipping in 5-8 weeks. We do not know which styles or types of cases are being made at this time, but yes, there will be a few offerings soon.

Thank you for your support!

Marware Customer Support Team

Also received an email that this cover, seemingly billed as the "official" Asus Nexus cover does not have the smart cover functionality, but can work as a stand.

http://android-sale.com/asus-google-nexus-7-case.html
Last edited by brinraeven; July 26th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #220 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid MAXX, Asus Nexus 7 (2013), Asus Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (retired)

I went with the Timbuk2 Crush Sleeve:
Amazon.com: Timbuk2 Kindle Fire Cush Sleeve with Memory Foam for impact absorption, Black/Grey: Kindle Store

It's made for the Kindle Fire, but the Nexus 7 fits just fine, and since I use my Nexus primarily from my desk or couch, a sleeve/envelope case was all I needed.
It's a little more expensive than some of the others, but I've always liked Timbuk2's stuff, and this case is no exception. Good stitching, plenty of padding and a super-soft interior. It's a simple design, but for my needs, it works quite nicely.
sponsored links
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #221 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Send a message via MSN to godsdragon Send a message via Yahoo to godsdragon Send a message via Skype™ to godsdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarhound View Post
I got my i-blason case in today, and am more than a bit disappointed in the overall quality.

1. The side flap causes the left (inside) part of the case where it folds underneath to velcro in to bulge out significantly farther than the outside.

2. As a result of item 1, the flap will not close easily. You need to first hold the binding flush against the bulging edge, THEN close the top flap. This design is unwieldy, feels sloppy, and reminds me of a tattered hardcover book that has it's binding glue all dried out.

If you attempt to flip it close with just the primary cover, it stays open by at least 30 degrees. At this point, if you push the binding flush, it still does not close on it's own, but still has about 15 degrees to go. Only by then pushing down on the cover can it close on it's own.

3. The viewing area was not cut square! Unfortunately, I do not have a camera handy, but this isn't even CLOSE. The opening is not a rectangle, but rather a very poor parallelogram. Turning the brightness all the way up, I can see the unevenness at the top and bottom of the screen. On the left, the screen goes so far as to be partially obscured at the bottom left! Pushing the tablet different ways to make sure it is fully seated does not correct this a bit, it just shifts the skewing a hair more to the right.

Sorry it did not work for you...

Amazon sent me an email saying that my MoKo case was not manufactured correctly, that they would be sending a different one... However they did not tell me what they are going to be sending... I appreciate the honesty, but wish they would've tell me what they are sending me now...
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #222 (permalink)

Device(s):

I like the look of the case that GalaxyNexus posted, its not out for a while so in the meantime I've ordered a simple pouch: Asus Google Nexus 7 Neoprene Pouch / Case / Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #223 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarhound View Post

Wow. I got mine and love it. It closes with just a flip and stays closed. My wife got one too and hasn't had any of these issues either. The window for the screen is larger than the actual screen and nothing is blocked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GYNSBK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #224 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5 16GB Black Sony Tablet Z 4G

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7

I mailed them about UK delivery and they told me that they would send a pre invoice and accept PayPal.
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #225 (permalink)

Device(s):

You guys won't find a better deal than this!!! Its a case for the n7 identical to the iblason case that rotates, except, its only 5 effin dollars!!!!!! The only downside is that it will be in stock in the first week of August...
Check it out-- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MDBYZ2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
I ordered mine and arrival is Aug 7-9
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #226 (permalink)

Device(s): Two Nexus 7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappabacon View Post
Wow. I got mine and love it. It closes with just a flip and stays closed. My wife got one too and hasn't had any of these issues either. The window for the screen is larger than the actual screen and nothing is blocked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GYNSBK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
That's the one I ordered for our two N7's. Thanks for posting your comments. There are at least 2 different models from iBlason and I guess the other poster got the other one ? His post had me worried until I read your comments. I traded e-mails with iBlason's "Jason" who said that the demand for the N7 cases was really high and that they were overwhelmed with orders, causing delays in shipping. Mine should be here by the end of July (I hope).
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #227 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Toshiba Excite 10 AT300, Hisense Sero 7 Pro [rooted], Ouya

Quote:
Originally Posted by thengodisseven View Post
I like my rooCASE.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep) Lifetime Warranty: MP3 Players & Accessories

The only thing I don't like is it bulks up the Nexus' thickness. Yet it supports the smartcover feature, it looks nice, and it cost me like 10 bucks.
I didn't expect it to, but the leather framing the screen has become a little annoying and I'd swear my magnet shifted or something because my Nexus 7 doesn't wake now unless the cover is pulled over the tablet further than it was designed to.

I might be contacting the rooCASE folks about a replacement.

EDIT: Make that contacted. Gotta love a lifetime warranty.
Last edited by stridermt2k; July 26th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #228 (permalink)

Device(s):

This just arrived its a very cool sleeve, love it. http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Neoprene-Samsung-Ideapad-Toshiba/dp/B0040VSJMQ/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1343343872&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=roocase+bubble+nexus+7
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #229 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
We're still looking into options but recommend that you send an e-mail to nexus7@seidio.com to request specific products!
how about a few emails to Seidio for an active case for the nexus 7? a kickstand would be awesome! I'd like to skip the folio style cover and put a rugged case on mine with a good screen protector. I have an active case on my galaxy nexus and I love it.
Last edited by LoBatt; July 26th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #230 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr M, TF300

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBatt View Post
how about a few emails to Seidio for an active case for the nexus 7? a kickstand would be awesome! I'd like to skip the folio style cover and put a rugged case on mine with a good screen protector. I have an active case on my galaxy nexus and I love it.
Amen! I want this exactly!
sponsored links
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #231 (permalink)

Device(s):

Today I had the vision of the case I truly want. I don't think I'll ever find it though.

This case is based on the rubberized case my Optimus has, perhaps a bit thinner. Attached from the left side would be a thin flexible flap of the same material. When in the closed position, the flap would be flush with the edges. When opening it, it would flip straight around and behind.

I have no idea just how sturdy such a case would be, but it's a general idea that has been bouncing around in my head most of the day.

Edit: The case I'm thinking of would be something like this but with a flexible protective flap that would flip flush behind. I could even see the flap having slits in it to line up with the speaker holes.
Last edited by Polarhound; July 26th, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #232 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
email away. Seidio monitors this forum but let them know they have some ready sales. I prefer their active cases to otter box. I expect it would be a neoprene shell with a hard clip on back that protects the corners. Check out their web site for active cases for tablets to see what a Nexus case might look like. Seems like a kickstand would work on the Nexus 7 form factor. If they could put a cover on the charging port it would be pretty bullet proof.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #233 (permalink)

Device(s):

Polarhound, I think this is about what you're looking for?

Quote:

Amazon.com: Poetic Smart Cover Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics

Sent from my Nexus 7

Old July 27th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinraeven View Post
Polarhound, I think this is about what you're looking for?
I second that. As I mentioned above, I have now preordered this case.
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #235 (permalink)

Device(s):

That looks a lot like it, thanks. I'll be giving that case a shot once it starts shipping.
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #236 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
Ditto ...a sturdy case with a built-in kickstand would be great. I'd buy that.
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #237 (permalink)

Device(s): 16GB Nexus 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
I second that. As I mentioned above, I have now preordered this case.

I also preordered that case, it looks great. But it's gonna get home like between august 23rd and 27th
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #238 (permalink)

Device(s): Eris (retired),X(retired),VZW GNEX (history),Rezound (LOVE IT)

I just ordered the Poetic from Amazon
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #239 (permalink)

Device(s):

I posted a bad link earlier, here's the good one
Last edited by SpungeWorthy; July 27th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #240 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Nexus 7 case $5!! 85%off

This is a great deal I found and wanted to share... its identical to one of the iblason cases. It has free shipping. I ordered mine and arrival date is Aug 7-9. I figured I'd make a new thread because it is a great deal
http://www.amazon.com/Accessorise-Leather-Dual-View-Multi-Angle-Automatically/dp/B008MDBYZ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343406167&sr=8-3&keywords=accessorise+nexus+7+case
sponsored links
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #241 (permalink)
~Play Nice~

Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3

Thanked 16,909 Times in 9,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpungeWorthy View Post
This is a great deal I found and wanted to share... its identical to one of the iblason cases. It has free shipping. I ordered mine and arrival date is Aug 7-9. I figured I'd make a new thread because it is a great deal
Amazon.com: Accessorise(TM) Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover with Dual-View Built-in Multi-Angle Stand (Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep) - 5 Year Warranty: Computers & Accessories
I merged this into the cases thread.

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Old July 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #242 (permalink)
Not Entitled

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Accessorise-Leather-Dual-View-Multi-Angle-Automatically/dp/B008MDBYZ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343406167&sr=8-3&keywords=accessorise+nexus+7+case
Looks like a nice case. I did notice something odd.

Take a look at the reviews. All 5 star except for one 3 star who questions the 5 stars. Most of the reviews mention the 5 year warranty which is probably the last thing anyone ever talks about. They're also pretty vague, not mentioning the features of the case, just talking about how it protects their N7. All that aside, how do you review something which hasn't been released yet?

I'd bet the seller wrote those.

The case might be great, I have no idea. The $5 case I got is impressive as hell. It might be worth a shot since it's only $5.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #243 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Take a look at the reviews. how do you review something which hasn't been released yet?

I noticed that as well.. got a good laugh.. I've seen this before on products I have purchased so o don't think there is any harm than attempted swindling. Did you notice the terrible English haha. Also would you post or repost the link for your $5 case I'd like to check it out
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #244 (permalink)

If you're going to buy a cheap case, get this one for $9.99 with free shipping: Amazon.com: YooMee Black Google Nexus 7 Inch Android Tablet Leather Case Cover Folio with Multi-Angle Stand, Stylus Holder Strap and Hand Strap (Black) (WITH Sleep and Wake Function): Computers & Accessories

You have to admit it looks a LOT better than those leather-faced cases.
The Following User Says Thank You to colchiro For This Useful Post:
SpungeWorthy (July 27th, 2012)
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #245 (permalink)

Device(s): ASUS Nexus 7 HTC One

Quote:

Take a look at the reviews. All 5 star except for one 3 star who questions the 5 stars. Most of the reviews mention the 5 year warranty which is probably the last thing anyone ever talks about. They're also pretty vague, not mentioning the features of the case, just talking about how it protects their N7. All that aside, how do you review something which hasn't been released yet?

The case might be great, I have no idea. The $5 case I got is impressive as hell. It might be worth a shot since it's only $5.
Also noticed a lot of the folks that gave 5 stars, each gave 5 stars to a very similar list of other items.
Last edited by xx_bishop_xx; July 27th, 2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #246 (permalink)
Not Entitled

Quote:
I noticed that as well.. got a good laugh.. I've seen this before on products I have purchased so o don't think there is any harm than attempted swindling. Did you notice the terrible English haha. Also would you post or repost the link for your $5 case I'd like to check it out
Amazon.com: YooMee Black Amazon Kindle Fire 7 Inch Android Tablet Leather Case Cover Folio with Multi-Angle Stand and Hand Strap (Black): Computers & Accessories

OK, it's $8 now. I still like it a lot and only pre-ordered the newer version to get the sleep function, which is the one colchiro posted above.
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Amazon.com: YooMee Black Amazon Kindle Fire 7 Inch Android Tablet Leather Case Cover Folio with Multi-Angle Stand and Hand Strap (Black): Computers & Accessories

OK, it's $8 now. I still like it a lot and only pre-ordered the newer version to get the sleep function, which is the one colchiro posted above.
That's identical to my current case (w/o magnet). I ordered the $10 one to get a magnet built in.
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #248 (permalink)

Poetic smart case now available in the UK. My transaction to the US wasn't complete so they suggested I bought here:

Poetic Smart Cover Portfolio for Google Nexus 7 Android: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #249 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Toshiba Excite 10 AT300, Hisense Sero 7 Pro [rooted], Ouya

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchiro View Post
If you're going to buy a cheap case, get this one for $9.99 with free shipping: Amazon.com: YooMee Black Google Nexus 7 Inch Android Tablet Leather Case Cover Folio with Multi-Angle Stand, Stylus Holder Strap and Hand Strap (Black) (WITH Sleep and Wake Function): Computers & Accessories

You have to admit it looks a LOT better than those leather-faced cases.
I'm looking forward to mine!
The rooCASE I bought has become annoying, and the company is proving to be difficult to work with.
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #250 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts

You may have seen my previous post about my Moko case. I ordered it before I ever received my N7. The seller, BSCstore, later sent an email to everyone saying that because they didn't have the sleep function in the case we could get a free replacement of any Moko case when new ones came in. I got this email today.

Quote:
Dear Buyers:

Finally we have the following cases available for ordering as the free
replacement.

1. The case you originally ordered, now with smart cover function:

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) Slim Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Black (with Automatic Sleep/Wake Function,Flip Stand, Elastic Hand Strap, and Stylus Loop)--Lifetime Warranty: Electronics

2. The slim-fit case , the slimmest case we have

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) Slim-fit Cover Case with Multi-angle Stand for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Black(With Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Elastic Hand Strap, and Stylus Loop)--Lifetime Warranty: Electronics

3. A blue rotating case with magnetic closure

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) 360 Degree Rotating Case with Multi-angle Vertical and Horizontal Stand for Google Nexus 7 inch tablet by ASUS, Blue: Electronics

4. A detachable case that can rotate, with a detachable inner sleeve
that can be held alone without the whole case.

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) 360 Degree Rotatory Detachable Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Black (with automatic sleep/wake function, Vertical and Horizontal Stand and Stylus Loop)--Lifetime Warranty: Electronics

5. Two TPU back covers in Dark and white. no screen cover and thus
without the smart cover function:

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) S Style TPU Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet, White: Electronics

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) S Style TPU Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet, Dark: Electronics

Please order your choice of cases on Amazon.com with two day shipping
(overnight if you have Prime membership). Please reply back to this
email with your replacement order number and we will then apply a FULL
refund (including any shipping charges) after the order ships. This
will help us automate the processing and is the faster way for you to
get the replacement case. Please ignore the in stock date listed as
most orders will be shipped over the weekend or Monday. But please do
order AS SOON AS you can before the items go out of stock again.

Or if you prefer , you may also reply back to this email with your
choice and we will be happy to ship the replacement unit from our end.
This may take a little longer to ship as we will be manually
processing the orders.

And if you are interested in the 360 Rotating cases with snap-on back
below , I am sorry you may have to wait until next week. WE will send
out another email when we have them available:

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) 360 Degrees Rotating Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Black (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Vertical and Horizontal Stand and Stylus Loop)--Lifetime Warranty: Electronics

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) 360 Degrees Rotating Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus, Purple (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Vertical and Horizontal Stand and Stylus Loop)--Lifetime Warranty: Electronics

Please let us know if you have any question about the above cases or
if you prefer some other color options. We do plan to offer more color
choices but it may take another 2- 3 weeks to get them in stock.

Finally we want to thank you again for your patience and understanding
in this process. We really hope you can better enjoy your Nexus with
MoKo cases.

Best Regards,Jim

I think I'll go with the Slim Fit case. What outstanding customer service this company has!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
RichSz (July 28th, 2012), Unforgiven (July 28th, 2012)

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)