July 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nexus 7 - Teething problems...
I just got my Nexus 7 a few days ago, and I love it to bits. The hardware is beautiful (if a little disorienting without buttons at first) and feels good even if you disregard the price, which obviously makes it all the more attractive.
Jellybean feels like a great update to using CM9 on my GSII, but I've had a few issues/questions that I was wondering if anybody else had experienced or had solutions too, because I couldn't find much help online already:
- Using the Google Now search (voice or typed) gives results as usual in the app, but when opening the result in chrome, most of the time opens the result twice... I definitely don't double tap or anything weird, but I'm getting this weird bug from the app...
- The email widget will occasionally just go blank and can't be used unless removed and re-added
- Adding large-ish (but still under 1GB) MKV files from Win7 causes Windows Explorer to crash. I don't have this problem doing the same thing on the GSII, leading me to believe it is the tablet's fault...
- This isn't really a problem, but is there a way to get flash to work without rooting/flashing a new rom. It is still a necessity on a lot of the web unfortunately, but it obviously doesn't work with chrome. The obvious first step was to sideload the apk, which worked fine but then I tried Dolphin, and they've disabled it too... firefox (beta for tablets) kept crashing when flash loaded... and the stock browser needs root apparently...
- Is there a way to change the google now response voice to the US female, as it sounds much more natural, without changing the whole system language to US English (from UK English). I tried changing just the TTS language, but that didn't work...
Any help on any of the points would be greatly appreciated. They're only small things, but it kinda seems weird that stuff that works on CM9 (very close to stock ICS) is buggy on JB. I don't really want to root/flash a new rom either, as i'd rather keep it as it came from google...