Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rootbrain
  • 1 Post By whs37

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Question Simple Office Program for basic tasks

Using the free version of Think free Office.
It is really handy for viewing word Microsoft 2007 word docs I email to my nexus 7.
I take notes on Color note which I find handy also.
But end up emailing them to my PC.
But can you suggest ( either free or cheap lol) an office program I can get for the nexus where I can create documents and then edit on the tablet and the PC. Thanks.

Not in the cloud as I have only a 10gb a month web and that doesn't go far.

mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N Calif
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, Nexus 7.2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I picked up Office Suite Pro during the recent 25 cent sale and it seems to do the job nicely. I believe it normally sells for $15.
strollin is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strollin For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 3rd, 2012)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

"Documents To Go" is very good. I've used it for years on various devices, most recently on the Nexus 7. The phone-oriented opening screen looks a bit "Toys R Us" on a large screen but the individual apps it contains look and work fine.

I can't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't expensive.
John Bean is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bean For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 3rd, 2012)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
rootbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 354
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Kingsoft Office is better than Docs to go or Office pro, IMO. And it's free.
skyrider2 and mike4472 like this.
__________________
Maxwell was the first "Smart" phone user.
rootbrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootbrain For This Useful Post:
mike4472 (January 21st, 2013), mm43 (December 3rd, 2012)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

I have all three of those listed here. They all work for simple tasks. Haven't done more than that though.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines
Got some help? Hit Thanks!
See something you like? Hit Like!
See something you hate? Hit Report!
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AntimonyER For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 3rd, 2012)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Wow that was fast. With them all can I type a doc on either the nexus or PC and edit it also on either? Also add images?
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntimonyER View Post
I have all three of those listed here. They all work for simple tasks. Haven't done more than that though.
Cute photo.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mm43 For This Useful Post:
AntimonyER (December 4th, 2012)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
Kingsoft Office is better than Docs to go or Office pro, IMO. And it's free.
Is it free trial or free free? Lol
May try it first if so.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
archdean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Gender: Male
Posts: 11
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 32gb +Att, Samsung Smart Rugby
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
Kingsoft Office is better than Docs to go or Office pro, IMO. And it's free.
Also prints to my wireless Canon MG5320, Try it you like it!!

Dean
archdean is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to archdean For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 4th, 2012)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
whs37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida/Germany
Gender: Male
Posts: 595
 
Device(s): Nexus 7
Carrier: ATT and Deutsche Telecom

Thanks: 106
Thanked 114 Times in 89 Posts
Default

This app is really dangerous. I downloaded it and started to play around with it. Made a PowerPoint style presentation and wanted to insert a picture on one page. So I click on 'pictures' and found a whole collection of pictures of myself, from old Powerpoint presentations of 2 years ago, from other tutorials that are very old, etc.
I have no idea where it found this random collection. They were at one time uploaded to Photobucket, to Skydrive and they are also on my desktop. And the worst is that I have no idea where they were stored on my Nexus 7. If I found them, I could at least delete them. Now they only take storage space and are completely useless.
whs37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

Do you get the same collection of pictures with the built in gallery app? I suspect you do.

This threw me the first time I used it; Google encourages cloud use and finds images anywhere it can access with your Google credentials, in my case in a long-unused and forgotten Picassa account that I promptly removed when presented with it.

I doubt the app you downloaded is at fault, it's almost certainly just showing you what the system supplies it with. The images are unlikely to be anywhere locally on your tablet, other than for cache purposes.
John Bean is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bean For This Useful Post:
whs37 (December 4th, 2012)
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,777
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,149
Thanked 938 Times in 610 Posts
Default

To get rid of the pics from showing you'd have to remove them from whatever cloud storage they're sitting in because they're not on the phone.
__________________
If you've been helped click
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
whs37 (December 4th, 2012)
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdean View Post
Also prints to my wireless Canon MG5320, Try it you like it!!

Dean
I downloaded it last night to my Nexus 7 and it seems ideal for basic tasks that I want. Not tried it on my PC yet. But all the remarks from others here are worrying me.
Don't understand all this.
Please advise an oldie.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
Kingsoft Office is better than Docs to go or Office pro, IMO. And it's free.
Plus can you tell me -
How to get rid of the Kingsoft Office text across the top when saving PDFs?
Why does it tell me to install something called Sina weibo? Lol

And last of all, how to I get rid of the message "Double click to add text" in PowerPoint on android when I have inserted a photo and just don't want any text lol
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 273
 
Device(s): Nexus7, KindleFire, Xtab7, Archos43
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
LookinNwpt@gmail.com
Default

Usually you double click it and use the delete to erase the "message".
JanComputerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JanComputerman For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 4th, 2012)
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanComputerman View Post
Usually you double click it and use the delete to erase the "message".
Thanks
Will try again But it didnt seem to work.
Do like Kingsoft but now discovered it puts its text across anything I create and send to PC
Lists I need to send on etc etc
Maybe thats why its free?
Apart from that it seems ok

Is there another program that wont do that?
Dont want to pay and have the same problem
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
whs37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida/Germany
Gender: Male
Posts: 595
 
Device(s): Nexus 7
Carrier: ATT and Deutsche Telecom

Thanks: 106
Thanked 114 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
To get rid of the pics from showing you'd have to remove them from whatever cloud storage they're sitting in because they're not on the phone.
Yeah, in the meantime I figured out what happened. The wife reminded me that I have a blog on Blogger in Google. I had completely forgotten about that.

Long time ago when I was teaching Windows classes I had created that blog to link the materials of my classes. That was the easiest way for the students to access it. But I have not used the blog in a long time. That's why the pictures were all pretty dated. Most are from 2010. Even my picture avatar showed up.

I guess you cannot hide anything from Google.
ScandaLeX likes this.
whs37 is offline  
Last edited by whs37; December 4th, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink

Do like Kingsoft but now discovered it puts its text across anything I create and send to PC
Lists I need to send on etc etc
Maybe thats why its free?
Apart from that it seems ok

Is there another program that wont do that?
Dont want to pay and have the same problem.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

I doubt that any of the paid office apps will pollute your documents. I still use Documents To Go but it is a bit phone-oriented - no toolbars, all changes of font/size/style/whatever are done using menus. Maximum screen space for the document, nothing wasted.

For a more friendly UI you may want to look at ********* Office, you can try a time-limited (30-day) full function demo before committing yourself. Be aware they sell the individual apps separately (Text, Spreadsheet, Presentations) but all can read/write Microsoft Office documents with absolutely no loss or change of format. I use their PC version in preference to Microsoft Office and if I didn't already own Docs To Do on Android (great on my phone!) I'd probably buy the ********* apps for my Nexus 7, they do look good and work well with toolbars and all. They're certainly not the cheapest but if you're gong to use it a lot it would be my choice.

Details of the software here, or just search for ********* Office in the Play store and you'll find both the paid and trial versions
John Bean is offline  
Last edited by John Bean; December 6th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bean For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 7th, 2012)
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bean View Post
I doubt that any of the paid office apps will pollute your documents. I still use Documents To Go but it is a bit phone-oriented - no toolbars, all changes of font/size/style/whatever are done using menus. Maximum screen space for the document, nothing wasted.

For a more friendly UI you may want to look at ********* Office, you can try a time-limited (30-day) full function demo before committing yourself. Be aware they sell the individual apps separately (Text, Spreadsheet, Presentations) but all can read/write Microsoft Office documents with absolutely no loss or change of format. I use their PC version in preference to Microsoft Office and if I didn't already own Docs To Do on Android (great on my phone!) I'd probably buy the ********* apps for my Nexus 7, they do look good and work well with toolbars and all. They're certainly not the cheapest but if you're gong to use it a lot it would be my choice.

Details of the software here, or just search for ********* Office in the Play store and you'll find both the paid and trial versions
Thanks for all the info Had a look but think I only need something really basic. It is only for a few letters, lists etc
Basically I want something that i can just create and edit documents between my Nexux 7 and my pc. Not planning on doing spreadsheets or anything on the Nexus.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

Then just buy the ********* app...

That's the beauty of Sofmaker's approach, you don't have to buy the full suite if you need only one program.

********* is fairly similar in look and feel to the word processor in the free Kingsoft app you already said you liked, except it doesn't pollute the document with ads for itself.

But if you really want basic you could do worse than Documents To Go - but you'll get everything in one, not just a word processor.
John Bean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N Calif
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, Nexus 7.2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm43 View Post
Do like Kingsoft but now discovered it puts its text across anything I create and send to PC
Lists I need to send on etc etc
Maybe thats why its free?
Apart from that it seems ok

Is there another program that wont do that?
Dont want to pay and have the same problem.
How are you sending things to your PC? I saved a doc I created to Google Drive, copied a doc from the N7 to my PC using EsFileExplorer and also printed directly from the app and there was no "pollution". Does it happen when you email the doc or how else are you sending to the PC?
strollin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strollin View Post
How are you sending things to your PC? I saved a doc I created to Google Drive, copied a doc from the N7 to my PC using EsFileExplorer and also printed directly from the app and there was no "pollution". Does it happen when you email the doc or how else are you sending to the PC?
That's interesting. I haven't used the app but commented based on the feedback from mm43. Perhaps it's a default text for headers/footers (whatever) that can be changed or turned off - a bit like all the generic "sent from my XXXX" footers you see tacked on to stuff people send from their phone when they haven't bothered to configure their apps properly.

Edit: ok, I downloaded it and tried for myself by creating a new Word document on the Nexus 7 with Kingsoft Office, moved it to the NAS on my home network and opened it on my PC. Clean as a whistle.

The only mention of Kingsoft is in the document metadata - not the document content - where it (correctly) populates the "Program name" field (under "Origins") as "Kingsoft Office". It does not modify the text I entered in any way at all, nor does it add anything of its own.
John Bean is offline  
Last edited by John Bean; December 7th, 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: New information
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bean View Post
Then just buy the ********* app...

That's the beauty of Sofmaker's approach, you don't have to buy the full suite if you need only one program.

********* is fairly similar in look and feel to the word processor in the free Kingsoft app you already said you liked, except it doesn't pollute the document with ads for itself.

But if you really want basic you could do worse than Documents To Go - but you'll get everything in one, not just a word processor.

Thanks Will neither of these have their logo across the top of everything the same as kingsoft?
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bean View Post
That's interesting. I haven't used the app but commented based on the feedback from mm43. Perhaps it's a default text for headers/footers (whatever) that can be changed or turned off - a bit like all the generic "sent from my XXXX" footers you see tacked on to stuff people send from their phone when they haven't bothered to configure their apps properly.

Edit: ok, I downloaded it and tried for myself by creating a new Word document on the Nexus 7 with Kingsoft Office, moved it to the NAS on my home network and opened it on my PC. Clean as a whistle.

The only mention of Kingsoft is in the document metadata - not the document content - where it (correctly) populates the "Program name" field (under "Origins") as "Kingsoft Office". It does not modify the text I entered in any way at all, nor does it add anything of its own.
Must be me lol Its across everything I do!
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
whs37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida/Germany
Gender: Male
Posts: 595
 
Device(s): Nexus 7
Carrier: ATT and Deutsche Telecom

Thanks: 106
Thanked 114 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Here is an article about office products that may help with the selection: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet? (Android Office app showdown) | ZDNet
whs37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whs37 For This Useful Post:
mm43 (December 7th, 2012)
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whs37 View Post
Here is an article about office products that may help with the selection: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet? (Android Office app showdown) | ZDNet

Thanks will read it now to see if it helps

In aswer to the other questions I am just emailing the docs I create at the moment to myself Everything else seems complicated
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=John Bean;5294319]That's interesting. I haven't used the app but commented based on the feedback from mm43. Perhaps it's a default text for headers/footers (whatever) that can be changed or turned off

Edit: ok, I downloaded it and tried for myself by creating a new Word document on the Nexus 7 with Kingsoft Office, moved it to the NAS on my home network and opened it on my PC. Clean as a whistle. QUOTE]


This seems a good program for me as not too complicated lol. But I am still getting it saying kingsoft office across the top of everything I do. Any ideas as can't see any settings.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

You'll have to explain exactly what you are doing - in detail.

I can create a new document in Kingsoft Office and save it to "My documents" (whatever). That document has no added text of any sort when opened in another app (Docs To Go in my case), nor does it have any added if I email it as an attachment from inside Kingsoft Office using the "share" icon.

I can only guess it is your emailer that's adding it. Are you using Gmail or something else?
John Bean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: N Calif
Posts: 156
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, Nexus 7.2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whs37 View Post
Here is an article about office products that may help with the selection: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet? (Android Office app showdown) | ZDNet
That article is from a year ago and Kingsoft Office has been updated since then so a lot of what the reviewer talks about doesn't apply.
strollin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bean View Post
You'll have to explain exactly what you are doing - in detail.

I can create a new document in Kingsoft Office and save it to "My documents" (whatever). That document has no added text of any sort when opened in another app (Docs To Go in my case), nor does it have any added if I email it as an attachment from inside Kingsoft Office using the "share" icon.

I can only guess it is your emailer that's adding it. Are you using Gmail or something else?
Am using Gmail to send it to pc But another mail to send it back.
It shows across the top of eveything as though I have used it as the page title!
But when I am creating docs on my nexus it is not there then
But comes back (not gmail) titled.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waterfoot, Lancashire
Gender: Male
Posts: 819
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 42
Thanked 261 Times in 195 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm43 View Post
Am using Gmail to send it to pc But another mail to send it back.
It shows across the top of eveything as though I have used it as the page title!
But when I am creating docs on my nexus it is not there then
But comes back (not gmail) titled.
Please clarify: does it have the "header" when sent by Gmail or only when sent back using "something else"?

Secondly, are you emailing it from inside Kingsoft Office and if so are you sending it as text or as an attachment?

Never email a prepared document as anything other than an attachment, and on receipt you should save the attachment as a file. Now open the file in your PC Office program and tell me what you see :-)

The "headers" are something your email is adding for some reason but can't have any effect on an attachment - and you must send Office documents as attachments, just as you do for non-text files.
John Bean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 170
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

It has a header sent back through yahoo mail. Am mailing from inside Kingsoft and not as an attachment.
mm43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.