Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 7(new & old), LG Optimus F3, Nook Color
Carrier: MetroPCS

Default Question about files in obb directory

I recently purchased The Bards Tale while it was on sale and wanted to install the HD version. It's a huge app, approx 3.5g, so I had to delete a lot of my already installed apps to clear up space.

I uninstalled some games like Horn, Nova 3, etc and finally had enough room to install BT. Out of curiosity I fired up DiskUsage to take a look at what was still taking up space on my N7 and found that the obb directory had 4.1g in it with folders like:
com.Phosphor.Horn.Paid - 1.7g
com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM3HM - 1.35g
com.glu.gladiator2 - 300m
deadtrigger - 152m
gladiator - 120m
modwarsniper - 107m
deadzone - 106m
gbwg - 103m
overkill - 62m
jellydefense - 58.9m

I have uninstalled all these games. Does this mean the uninstall process leaves these behind by default? Something like a windows uninstall asking if you want to delete just the program or program + data?

Does this mean if I leave the com.Phosphor.Horn.Paid folder and reinstall Horn at a later time it will have my save game information?

At least I'll be able to free up some more space now and be able to better understand how much space is being taken up by games going forward.

sponsored links
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I think that when I uninstalled Horn it removed the files from obb as well. I don't know why it should have left them behind in your case.

I've found that if I copy the Horn files from obb to my PC before uninstalling Horn, I can at a later date copy them back then reinstall Horn and Horn will use those files without redownloading them. Having said this, there may be updates/bug fixes at some point that change the obb files, and I'd guess this would require the new versions to be downloaded.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)