Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Hotmail login problems Nexus 7

I have been checking my hotmail using the chrome browser in Nexus 7. Everything was working fine until yesterday, now when i try to log in I get an error message "Can't log you in, please clear cookies in your phone's browser". Clearing cookies didn't solve the problem. I am able to log in and out of my account on my PC, no problem there?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Wildfire S, Galaxy S3

I've had this problem on a PC once or twice, so no surprises it would happen on a tablet also. It's a PITA if you depend on some of those cookies.

Have you considered the email application built into the Nexus 7? It may be possible to use this, with the mail server m.hotmail.com. This will give you push email*.

* Caveat - I pay for a premium MSN account and do not know if this is allowed with free accounts. I'm sure others here use Hotmail with Exchange ActiveSync.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Re: Hotmail login problems Nexus 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz12345 View Post
I have been checking my hotmail using the chrome browser in Nexus 7. Everything was working fine until yesterday, now when i try to log in I get an error message "Can't log you in, please clear cookies in your phone's browser". Clearing cookies didn't solve the problem. I am able to log in and out of my account on my PC, no problem there?
if you only use e-mail, give the k-9 mail app a try. it can satisfy all average mailing needs, works very well, supports imap (i.e. keeps your mail on the server) across most free providers including hotmail, uses encryption if the server supports it, has tons of other features and is free and opensource.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)