Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default new to Android and need some help

I am finally tired of all the Apple restrictions and am about to purchase a Nexus 7 Tab. think i am gonna grab the 32gb version but I have some questions about getting my Itunes music and videos into the new Nexus tab. hoping someone can help me.

i have seen threads stating you can simply drag and drop the non DRM content into a folder. but for the DRM protected content, it seems that i need to download some program (doubletwist or something similar) and use it to convert the music/video. my question if i use this method is 1.) what is the easiest program to use? 2.) does this impact my current library of music? 3.) i would assume that once the files are converted then it is a matter of drag and drop?

i have also seen threads about moving the music to Google Play and then just accessing it from there. i have heard with this it is very time consuming to move the music, and also there is no access to the content without wifi connectivity.

i am hoping that someone can advise me on what is the best method to solve my issue.

thanks

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch; Asus Nexus 7 wi-fi 32GB; Sprint Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Default I-Tunes to Nexus 7

Copying music to a Nexus 7 is very easy. Removing the DRM is up to you. I haven't done this so I don't know which app is best for doing this. I have no idea if this will impact your current library of music but check out the link below...

Top 5 DRM Removal Programs - Best DRM Removal Software

After you remove the DRM from the media, simply plug the N7 onto your Windows PC. The PC should recognize the N7. Open "My Computer" and click on Nexus 7 to open it's files. Then drag the media from your PC to the music and movie folders you'll find on the N7.
Last edited by Netcat; March 13th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Connect 4G (Retired), Samsung Freeform III (retired), Asus Nexus 7, LG Optimus F3
Carrier: T-Metro USA

yeah you dont need to do anything for the music just drag and drop. For videos/movies purchased on itunes need to be converted but i think its illegal to remove DRM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Daleks Über Alles

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 5,458 Times in 2,814 Posts

Apple gives instructions on how to remove their FreePlay DRM from your music using a CD drive. Using a virtual CD is basically the same thing. I would try something along those lines.

I believe doubletwist is a popular app to use (on a PC or mac, and there are apps in the play store as well).
Tags
and itunes, nexus 7

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)