Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Nexus 7 WiFi issues

I've been looking everywhere for answers with no such luck. I recently bought a Nexus 7 which I haven't had much time to play with. I notice when I try to watch videos via youtube or Netflix they'll play fine for 7-10 minutes then all of a sudden the connection drops. Sometimes it'll drop connection and the blue WiFi bars on the Nexus 7 stay blue but when I go to my browser on it any web page will timeout with a DNS error.

The other times the WiFi bars will grey out, disconnect me, and then reconnect. I checked the router logs and every time they go grey then disconnect and reconnect I get this: [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address. Which the MAC address matches my Nexus 7's. What can I do to solve this?

Also I might try another router since I've had this one for awhile. Can anyone recommend a router that has little to no issues with the Nexus 7?

sponsored links
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

You should use another mobile device to check out if the problem stays in the router.
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I have one desktop, 2 laptops, and 2 razr maxx's connecting to it that don't have this problem. I'm going to try another router.
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Bionic, Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

You might try setting the dns servers on the router to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's dns servers) and make sure you are using wpa security, not wep or disabled.
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): RAZR M, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7 32 GB WiFi only
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Try setting up a static IP for your Nexus 7. On the tablet go into settings, WiFi, long press on your WiFi network, select modify network, select show advanced options, then under ip settings select static.

I don't know if that will cure your problem but it did keep mine from constantly doing wake locks and eating up my battery while in sleep mode. Your disconnects might be a similar issue.
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi
I have a nexus 7 which works perfectly with my home wifi, after I put my sim card, the mobile network does not turn to data mode and even wifi stop working. then I remove the sim card and wifi continue not working until I do the reset factory. the message is ( not in range ) or (saved, connection) for wifi.
does any body know this problem.?
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Try this

I was having similar problems with my Nexus 7. Everything else in the house worked perfectly on my old router. Would your current router happen to be a g router? Out of desperation, I finally bought a new n router, and it works better than I ever imagined. I hope this information helps you out.
Good Luck and God Bless

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2012)