Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2013)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Samsung Admire (retired), 2013 Nexus 7
Carrier: MetroPCS

Default case or no case for new nexus 7

Can the back of the new nexus 7 be scratched ?
Also do you guys recommended any cases?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Phone Google Chromebook Acer Iconia A500 Archos 80G9 Google N7 (2012) Google N7 (2013
Carrier: Straight Talk

I ordered a case that turns into a tripod. Supposed to be here tomorrow or Monday. On;y $8.95 and free shipping!

I'll let you know what I think of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tedpc01 For This Useful Post:
Devendra95 (August 17th, 2013)
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Lenovo Thinkpad tablet, Apple Ipad 2, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Poetic makes a couple great cases for the N7. The slimline is my favorite, the cover is similiar to the Apple smart cover and folds to make a stand. It also has a small magnet built into the cover which turns on the N7 when you flip it open.

Cost wide they are under $10.00 at Amazon, plus they also have a 3 year warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to bearballz For This Useful Post:
Devendra95 (August 17th, 2013)
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Nexus 5 (rooted), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (rooted), Nexus 7 (stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

Cases are a very individual thing, and dependant on what level of protection you are trying to achieve. Here's mine (below). It's not the ultimate in protection, but it does extend out front and rear, so will protect the phone from short drops. The metal bumper give it a whole 'nother look though, and because the buttons are CNC overlayed, not just cutouts exposing the device buttons, it is completely sealed from dust getting in there. The back is a replacement (real) carbon fiber back cover, not a cover. Here are the eBay links where I got mine. If you want the for the bumper and end up buying it somewhere else, be sure you get ones with button overlays. Otherwise the device buttons will be recessed and hard to reach.
Carbon Fiber Battery Door Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 | eBay
For Samsung Galaxy S4 s IV Real Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame CAS3 Screen Guard | eBay

Oops! I own a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy S4. I accidentally posted the S4 in the wrong thread.
Last edited by Mr. Lucky; August 18th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Samsung Admire (retired), 2013 Nexus 7
Carrier: MetroPCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
Cases are a very individual thing, and dependant on what level of protection you are trying to achieve. Here's mine (below). It's not the ultimate in protection, but it does extend out front and rear, so will protect the phone from short drops. The metal bumper give it a whole 'nother look though, and because the buttons are CNC overlayed, not just cutouts exposing the device buttons, it is completely sealed from dust getting in there. The back is a replacement (real) carbon fiber back cover, not a cover. Here are the eBay links where I got mine. If you want the for the bumper and end up buying it somewhere else, be sure you get ones with button overlays. Otherwise the device buttons will be recessed and hard to reach.
Carbon Fiber Battery Door Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 | eBay
For Samsung Galaxy S4 s IV Real Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame CAS3 Screen Guard | eBay

Maybe something like a sleeve of some sort.

P.S. the multi touch issues are driving me crazy. Typing this reply alone has been a living hell

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 7 (2013)