Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus One

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): Nexus One Rooted Rod's MIUI rom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Gingerbread download link

For my N1 friends:

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/passion/81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip

To install: rename it to update.zip and flash in recovery

and just in case you are having a hard time with the above link, use this one:

http://www.multiupload.com/ZOWE7II3TY

Credit goes to the people at XDA

safeplayer22 is offline  
Last edited by safeplayer22; February 24th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safeplayer22 For This Useful Post:
Empath (September 15th, 2011), theartfullodger (February 28th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

THANKS YOU>>> Ive been waiting for soooo LONG>.. THANKS>>> AMAZING
Ebattilana100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
tigrr07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post
For my N1 friends:

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/passion/81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip

To install: rename it to update.zip and flash in recovery

and just in case you are having a hard time with the above link, use this one:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Credit goes to the people at XDA
Does updating your phone this way reset everything too?
tigrr07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pompey, UK
Posts: 1,635
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 193 Times in 165 Posts
Default

No, you wont lose a thing.
__________________
Google Nexus 4 on Giffgaff UK
Speed Test Result
Rusty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCA
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): HTC Nexus One (2.2.1) Samsung Behold II (1.5-fail)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

got it and updated! thx
dougdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (VZ)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Wonder if anyone can help me. Been unable to manually update. I manually updated my phone all the way up on Froyo. I download the file via the link, rename it update and install on my SD card. I go through the whole process and it says that it has installed on my phone but the phone does not automatically reboot. I wait and while and nothing. I then choose reboot and it goes back to Froyo. Doesn't install the updated Gingerbread. Anyone out there know what the problem is?
JDlawyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCA
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): HTC Nexus One (2.2.1) Samsung Behold II (1.5-fail)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDlawyer View Post
Wonder if anyone can help me. Been unable to manually update. I manually updated my phone all the way up on Froyo. I download the file via the link, rename it update and install on my SD card. I go through the whole process and it says that it has installed on my phone but the phone does not automatically reboot. I wait and while and nothing. I then choose reboot and it goes back to Froyo. Doesn't install the updated Gingerbread. Anyone out there know what the problem is?
did you verify you are at the latest Froyo and the one required for the manual update to work? FRG83G The OTA update to 83G came just a couple of weeks ago.
dougdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (VZ)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdroid View Post
did you verify you are at the latest Froyo and the one required for the manual update to work? FRG83G The OTA update to 83G came just a couple of weeks ago.
Yes. I have 83G. I actually manually updated my phone to 83G. I have never received an OTA update. Always applied a manual update without a problem. This is the first time I have experienced a problem manually updating my N1.
JDlawyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCA
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): HTC Nexus One (2.2.1) Samsung Behold II (1.5-fail)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDlawyer View Post
Yes. I have 83G. I actually manually updated my phone to 83G. I have never received an OTA update. Always applied a manual update without a problem. This is the first time I have experienced a problem manually updating my N1.
I saw that in order for one to find out the URL to the update/zip file there is something which enables some form of logging. You might try finding out what that is, enable it if it'll show what's going on and then try the update again and look at those logs. It might reveal what the problem is.
dougdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thank you, it is great!
droid_nexus is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (VZ)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdroid View Post
I saw that in order for one to find out the URL to the update/zip file there is something which enables some form of logging. You might try finding out what that is, enable it if it'll show what's going on and then try the update again and look at those logs. It might reveal what the problem is.
Thanks for your help but I figured it out and am waiting for my phone to restart as I am typing this. Let me explain what happened. I have Windows 7 and when I downloaded the file it would be saved in my "Download" folder. I would go into the file, cut and paste it to my desktop, rename it "update," and then cut and paste it onto my SD card. It wasn't installing properly on my phone. So this time, I renamed the file "update" while still in the "Download" folder and then I cut and paste it onto my SD Card and it worked. My phone just rebooted and I now have Gingerbread. Been driving me nuts all weekend trying to figure this out. Glad to finally have it working on my phone.
JDlawyer is online now  
Last edited by JDlawyer; February 27th, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCA
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): HTC Nexus One (2.2.1) Samsung Behold II (1.5-fail)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDlawyer View Post
Thanks for your help but I figured it out and am waiting for my phone to restart as I am typing this. Let me explain what happened. I have Windows 7 and when I downloaded the file it would be saved in my "Download" folder. I would go into the file, cut and paste it to my desktop, rename it "update," and then cut and paste it onto my SD card. It wasn't installing properly on my phone. So this time, I renamed the file "update" while still in the "Download" folder and then I cut and paste it onto my SD Card and it worked. My phone just rebooted and I now have Gingerbread. Been driving me nuts all weekend trying to figure this out. Glad to finally have it working on my phone.
Glad you got it working but holy crap, all that because Microsoft doesn't want users to know what the real file name is. Probably why the instructions said to make sure the file is named update.zip.
dougdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dougdroid For This Useful Post:
JDlawyer (February 28th, 2011)
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
theartfullodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 242
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.3 / JWR66V
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 32
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Thank you ! Great !! (Unrooted..)
theartfullodger is offline  
Last edited by theartfullodger; February 28th, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I keep getting an error that the file can't be verified and it aborts the update. has anyone had this problem beside me?
cbigmtich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCA
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): HTC Nexus One (2.2.1) Samsung Behold II (1.5-fail)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbigmtich View Post
I keep getting an error that the file can't be verified and it aborts the update. has anyone had this problem beside me?
that sounds like it would mean the checksum/validation of the update.zip file failed. I would check to see you had enough space on the SD card for the full file and secondly I would download the file again and try again. And if you're on Windows, get down to DOS and verify the file data(name, size, etc) showing are real and not coded to what Microsoft thinks you should see in their GUI. Also make sure the filesystem is flushed before disconnecting the USB cable or unplugging the SD card.
dougdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Updated now. I am not getting the 3G symbol at all! Anyone getting the 3G symbol on the notification bar on a 3G network?
redrage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 02:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Updated now. I am not getting the 3G symbol at all! Anyone getting the 3G symbol on the notification bar on a 3G network?
I am, it's smaller but it's there.
pilot221 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pompey, UK
Posts: 1,635
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 193 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbigmtich View Post
I keep getting an error that the file can't be verified and it aborts the update. has anyone had this problem beside me?
On a custom recovery by any chance? Disable signature verification and try again.
Rusty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Nexus One
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Long before the Nexus One launched, the media was filled with speculation, buzz, rumors, and excitement regarding the possibility of a "Google Phone". The rumors were put to rest when Google announced the Nexus One, the first ever Google ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus One
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.