Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus One

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lover
Thread Author (OP)
 
lekky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,254
 
Device(s): Asus EeePad Transformer - Samsung Galaxy Mini - SE Xperia Arc - SE Xperia Play - Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 1,295 Times in 490 Posts
Default Nexus One Official Support Information

HTC have support information for the Nexus One, please visit this page if you require OFFICIAL support for your phone from the manufacturer:

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

Google Phone Support

http://google.com/support/android/bin/request.py?contact_type=contact_policy

Live phone support is available at 888-48NEXUS(63987) and it works from 07:00am to 10:00pm PST;



Google Online Troubleshooter:

Nexus One Help

HTC Email Support

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

HTC Phone Support


lekky is offline  
Last edited by lekky; February 11th, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lekky For This Useful Post:
eric1589 (May 29th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,152
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 106
Thanked 349 Times in 109 Posts
Default

That should solve a lot...
Ruben is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid X on Verizon - Current Nexus One on T-Mobile - Retired Hero on Sprint - Retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
digital312
Default

Want to share an experience I had with T-Mobile/HTC Support last night.

I was having difficulties recieving and sending text messages to phones that were on a network other than T-Mobile. My number got ported over from Sprint on Tuesday.

I called Sprint and they went through made sure my account was provisioned properly and basically said it must be a hardware issue....they live transferred me to HTC Technical Support. A young lady at HTC took my call and we did some basic troubleshooting. Explained the problem to her in detail and she said this is a network issue but don't worry were going to get this resolved, I'm going to transfer you back to T-Mobile and if you don't mind I will stay on the line for the remainder of the call to make sure your issue is resolved.

So now I'm back on the phone with T-Mobile and the lady from HTC is silently in the background. T-Mobile gives me the run-around and they insist it's a hardware issue and are transfering me back to HTC...when all of a sudden the HTC rep who had still been on the phone call chimed in and put the T-Mobile Rep in his place.

To make a long story short she told the T-Mobile rep she had worked for ATT, she basically told him she thought the problem was that there were errors when my number got ported over. T-Mobile rep was like OH....quiet....let me check, puts us on hold comes back and asks me to reboot my phone. Quickly tested with my bros phone which is on another carrier...once I was rebooted....sent a text to my phone....IT WORKS!

T-Mobile rep appeared annoyed that HTC rep was telling him how to do his job...LMAO....T-Mobile rep hastly says is there anything else I can help you with and click....didn't even say thank you....nothing!

I wish I would have gotten the HTC Reps name but she provided a service that was above and beyond and I appreciate that.
digital312 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

HTC rep deserves an applause for her job well done!
dennisburton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
kbayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 415
 
Device(s): Nokia N95 8gb, KikkButt DROID... and now a Dell Streak!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Great post! I hope that both reps are reading this...
__________________
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit around in a boat all day and drink beer.
kbayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't know if she reads this forum, but a lot of us do and we are quite annoyed with T-Mobile's customer service. We really do try our best to help you but sometimes it's tough when we have to do our own tech support plus T-Mobile's
Matt_HTC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mi_canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,064
 
Device(s): Nexus One w/Desire ROM - SOLD!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I just had a call in with HTC... Was going to return it, but I really do like my Nexus, it's the battery life - or utter lack thereof - that is killing it. So I'm getting a replacement sent out to me. Knock on wood that this replacement has much better battery life. Getting to 50% after 4hrs of normal use with most things OFF (such as WiFi, GPS, BT, etc), screen about 10% brightness, no stuck background hogging apps.

The HTC person was very helpful and polite. Was easy to understand (ie. he spoke english and appeared to be US based). Just seems like he was a little "new" as it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R on the phone... like 45min... But hey, as long as things get resolved, I'll be happy.

How HTC deals with customer issues are what will make or break the Nexus One experiment imo. My experience was overall good. Hopefully it just keeps getting better.


cheers
mi_canuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 190
 
Device(s): ex-G1, ex-Nexus, ex-Milestone, Dell Streak Asus Transformer TF101
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital312 View Post
I wish I would have gotten the HTC Reps name but she provided a service that was above and beyond and I appreciate that.
*claps*

Well done HTC!
RedMist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 114
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I contacted HTC in the UK throught their website to confirm that if a Nexus requires repair, it would be serviced in the UK, despite the point of sale being google in the US.
It seems there is a service centre in Milton Keynes, therefore I am running out of excuses not to buy one (I work in MK!)..

I have to say the manner of the response from the HTC rep was arrogant to say the least for such an innocuous question...
dhevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 563
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhevans View Post
I contacted HTC in the UK throught their website to confirm that if a Nexus requires repair, it would be serviced in the UK, despite the point of sale being google in the US.
It seems there is a service centre in Milton Keynes, therefore I am running out of excuses not to buy one (I work in MK!)..

I have to say the manner of the response from the HTC rep was arrogant to say the least for such an innocuous question...
My email to them about the dust under my screen was replied to in a similar manner. Basically said just phone the number, which I didn't want to do until they'd confirmed some info about sending the phone back due to dust under the screen. I don't see the point of an email system that just refers you to the phoneline.

Still, maybe they are nicer on the phone. I think I'll be living with the dust for as long as possible, just so I don't have to be without my phone!
oniongirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lover
Thread Author (OP)
 
lekky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 5,254
 
Device(s): Asus EeePad Transformer - Samsung Galaxy Mini - SE Xperia Arc - SE Xperia Play - Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 1,295 Times in 490 Posts
Default

Updated with Google customer Support phone number
lekky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 476
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (toro) CM10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 98
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

They're trying, I think they've almost got it.
AnotherFatalEpic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

For UK users I have found this number as an alternative to the 0845 number it is 01279 206906. I found their phone support to be much better than email support. With email support I was just given a few short answers that failed to mention most of the points I had raised. Also on requesting a non 0845 number I recieved this response. "In this case if the nexus one-support number is too expensive for you there is also local number for UK 01279 206906." which after having spent a large amount of money from them isnt the way they should respond. On a more positive note on ringing the number provided the staff there were very helpful and promised to report my dissatisfaction with email support to someone higher up in the company.
Toml99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
makthenif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 48
 
Device(s): Exhibit 2 4G SGH T679 Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Service

My N1 sustained some water damage. I want to have it checked out to be sure it is up to spec. However, it was sold in Canada and I cannot find a service center that will check it out. Is there another option for me?
makthenif is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital312 View Post
Want to share an experience I had with T-Mobile/HTC Support last night.

I was having difficulties recieving and sending text messages to phones that were on a network other than T-Mobile. My number got ported over from Sprint on Tuesday.

I called Sprint and they went through made sure my account was provisioned properly and basically said it must be a hardware issue....they live transferred me to HTC Technical Support. A young lady at HTC took my call and we did some basic troubleshooting. Explained the problem to her in detail and she said this is a network issue but don't worry were going to get this resolved, I'm going to transfer you back to T-Mobile and if you don't mind I will stay on the line for the remainder of the call to make sure your issue is resolved.

So now I'm back on the phone with T-Mobile and the lady from HTC is silently in the background. T-Mobile gives me the run-around and they insist it's a hardware issue and are transfering me back to HTC...when all of a sudden the HTC rep who had still been on the phone call chimed in and put the T-Mobile Rep in his place.

To make a long story short she told the T-Mobile rep she had worked for ATT, she basically told him she thought the problem was that there were errors when my number got ported over. T-Mobile rep was like OH....quiet....let me check, puts us on hold comes back and asks me to reboot my phone. Quickly tested with my bros phone which is on another carrier...once I was rebooted....sent a text to my phone....IT WORKS!

T-Mobile rep appeared annoyed that HTC rep was telling him how to do his job...LMAO....T-Mobile rep hastly says is there anything else I can help you with and click....didn't even say thank you....nothing!

I wish I would have gotten the HTC Reps name but she provided a service that was above and beyond and I appreciate that.

Thanks for that excellent story.. I have the Nexus one myself, and I'm loving the phone for the past 17 months... when they make the next phone similar to the N1, and being an unlock phone im not going to be interested. all of these new phones are hot but they can't show there potential without the proper updates. the N1 is always one of the first phone to be updated.. that's why this dam phone is still hot after almost 2 years on the market...
Jackumack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Endocraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Is HTC still repairing Nexus Ones?

I tried sending an email but it shows no Nexus One option from the phones listed. Also the Nexus One HTC page is missing.
Endocraft is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
theartfullodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 242
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.3 / JWR66V
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 32
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Just called them in UK: They checked who I was, knew I'd had the dog repaired before & volunteered that it was still under warranty.. and that they still do repair them...

(I've got an intermittent problem..). So, yes they do fix, but I'll hold off until problem gets worse....
theartfullodger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Nexus One
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Long before the Nexus One launched, the media was filled with speculation, buzz, rumors, and excitement regarding the possibility of a "Google Phone". The rumors were put to rest when Google announced the Nexus One, the first ever Google ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus One
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.