April 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 173 Times in 67 Posts
How To FIx Samsung Nexus S Screen
Using this take apart repair guide, you can repair the damaged screen or other internal part on your Samsung Google Nexus S quickly and safely.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Google Nexus S replacement parts:
- Samsung Google Nexus S Screen Assembly Replacement
- Other Samsung Google Nexus S Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips
Samsung Goggle Nexus S disassembly guide:
- Remove first the back battery cover, battery, sim card, and memory card.
- Next, remove the six (6) screws holding the back housing in place using a small Phillips screwdriver as shown in Figure 1.
- Pry the back housing away from the rest of the phone using safe pry tool. It is clipped into place so cautiously work way around to all edges with the safe pry tool.
- Three (3) Small Phillips screws holding the motherboard in place that is needed to be removed. Also there will be two (2) flex cables that is needed to be released. Simply lift using safe pry tool since these are just simple pop connectors.
- Safely removed the motherboard.
- The screen assembly and the front case are now left. Use hair dryer or heat gun and heat the outside edges of the outer screen for about 45-60 seconds. Apply quick movements and donít stay in one area too long.
- Next, pry the screen assembly away from the front cover and bezel using safe pry tool. Reheat if needed.
- You can now replace the screen assembly.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together.