Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus One > Nexus - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default Nexus One PC sync software??

So I was hoping there would be some kind of easy-to-setup software that lets you sync music from your computer to your Nexus One..but that doesn't seem to be case?

Does Google REALLY not have easy to setup software that does this for Nexus One owners?

Whoever at HTC or Google thought it would be great to put the MicroSD behind the phones battery should be freakin fired.

Advertisements
ztmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 69 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Well I believe most Android phones can be linked to the PC via USB which would give you the same access to it as you would if you took the MicroSD out and insert it into your card reader... although I could be wrong.

As to syncing software... I'd love that as well. But knowing Google it wouldn't just be restricted to Android... and with that in mind Apple and Microsoft--probably more Apple than Microsoft--will get in a hissy-fit if any other software other than the almighty iTunes syncs with the iPhone.
QrafTee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Morpeth, now exiled in Banbury, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,085
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 16GB Black Sony Tablet Z 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 89
Thanked 197 Times in 152 Posts
Default

For music and video sync. Download Doubletwist. It's virtual copy of iTunes and directly supports Android.

Google it...
MartinS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QrafTee View Post
Well I believe most Android phones can be linked to the PC via USB which would give you the same access to it as you would if you took the MicroSD out and insert it into your card reader... although I could be wrong.

As to syncing software... I'd love that as well. But knowing Google it wouldn't just be restricted to Android... and with that in mind Apple and Microsoft--probably more Apple than Microsoft--will get in a hissy-fit if any other software other than the almighty iTunes syncs with the iPhone.
I have tried hooking my Nexus One up to my Windows 7 computer..my computer found the phone and drivers and that's all it did..I then looked for the phone in my computer..and nothing.

Secondly, not sure what you are getting at with Apple or M$..what does a program that syncs the Nexus One to a customers computer have anything to do with iTunes or M$ programs?
ztmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
For music and video sync. Download Doubletwist. It's virtual copy of iTunes and directly supports Android.

Google it...
I just installed this, buy during install I got this error

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/755/captureso.jpg

?

I got to install though but yea...trying it out now..
ztmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pompey, UK
Posts: 1,635
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 193 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
I have tried hooking my Nexus One up to my Windows 7 computer..my computer found the phone and drivers and that's all it did..I then looked for the phone in my computer..and nothing.
Drop down the notification tray and mount the SD card, then check my computer.
Rusty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default

Playing around with Doubletwist and I can't seem to get the program to find my Nexus One..whats this about mass storage mode if the program doesn't find your phone?

I tried enabling usb debugger mode on the nexus but that didn't seem to help..any help here?
ztmike is offline  
Last edited by ztmike; February 12th, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 563
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
Playing around with Doubletwist and I can't seem to get the program to find my Nexus One..whats this about mass storage mode if the program doesn't find your phone?

I tried enabling usb debugger mode on the nexus but that didn't seem to help..any help here?
As Rusty said, once plugged in via USB cable to your computer, you have to pull the notification bar down and select to connect/mount (can't remember the exact phrase used) via USB. Simplez.
oniongirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniongirl View Post
As Rusty said, once plugged in via USB cable to your computer, you have to pull the notification bar down and select to connect/mount (can't remember the exact phrase used) via USB. Simplez.
I don't get that message.

Using Windows 7 64bit btw.
ztmike is offline  
Last edited by ztmike; February 12th, 2010 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 563
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
I don't get that message.

Using Windows 7 64bit btw.
When you plug the phone into your computer, a notification should pop up on your phone, like when you get an SMS or email or whatever. In the same way you'd use the bar to view the message (or download etc), pull it down and click the message that is in the notification area.
oniongirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniongirl View Post
When you plug the phone into your computer, a notification should pop up on your phone, like when you get an SMS or email or whatever. In the same way you'd use the bar to view the message (or download etc), pull it down and click the message that is in the notification area.
Yes I know that..

But I found out what the problem was..I was using the wrong usb cord..lol I was using the one from my Kodak camera..got so many damn usb cords its redondicklous.

Its working now and Doubletwist sees my nexus..thanks for the heads up on this program, quick question..does the program work with just regular mp3s and not iTune ones?
ztmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ztmike
Default

Guess it does work with non iTunes stuff, I finally was able to get it to sync my mp3's after adding my music folder and rebooting my phone and computer..I think I had to do that though because I messed up somewhere along the line and the crap got confused.

Now I just need to buy a bigger microsd card and a car dock if Google ever releases the damn thing.
ztmike is offline  
Last edited by ztmike; February 12th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 563
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
Yes I know that..

But I found out what the problem was..I was using the wrong usb cord..lol I was using the one from my Kodak camera..got so many damn usb cords its redondicklous.
Sorry, from your reply it sounded as though you didn't understand what I said, not that that wasn't working.

Anyway, I find it strange that a diff USB cable would make a difference. MicroUSB one end, "normal" sized the other. Should work regardless.

Sorry you were having trouble, glad you've got it sorted now
oniongirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 69 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
I have tried hooking my Nexus One up to my Windows 7 computer..my computer found the phone and drivers and that's all it did..I then looked for the phone in my computer..and nothing.

Secondly, not sure what you are getting at with Apple or M$..what does a program that syncs the Nexus One to a customers computer have anything to do with iTunes or M$ programs?
Knowing Google they wouldn't make like an AndroidTunes. They'd make a Googlinizer which works with almost all multimedia devices so as long as it can be read as some sort of storage on the PC. That's when the White Crusader and the Black Knight will call foul--I remember reading an article about Samsung or another company get their butts handed to them by Apple for making it accessible via iTunes.
QrafTee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Nexus One > Nexus - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.