April 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
How To Fix Google Nexus One Screen
This written repair guide will show you how to disassemble your Google Nexus One phone quickly and securely. This guide will allow you to replace a cracked touch screen digitizer or damaged LCD screen display.
This guide will help you to install the following Google Nexus One parts:
- Google Nexus One LCD Screen Replacement
- Google Nexus One Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
Google Nexus One Take apart guide:
- First step is to remove the battery cover. We can then remove the battery, sim card, and memory card.
- Now use a safe open pry tool to remove the lower back cover.
- Next, remove the three (3) screws. Two (2) T5 Torx Screws at the top-left and top-right corner and one (1) Small Phillips Screw at left-middle side of the phone. Remember the positions of those screws.
- Next pry off the frame (battery tray) using safe pry tool.
- Using safe pry tool, pry off the bottom cover. Take time and effort as this is slightly difficult and held a bit tighter.
- Once the bottom cover is removed, two (2) T5 screws will be exposed and need to be removed. These screws are located at bottom left and bottom right corners of the phone.
- Next pry the bottom frame off using safe pry tool.
- Now you need to remove two (2) more Phillips screws. These screws will be positioned at the bottom-left and top-left of the phone.
- Use safe pry tool and undo the three (3) flex connections which is located at the lower-right half of the phone.
- Next undo the coaxial cable connection which can be found at the upper-left of the phone.
- Next pry the top board off to un-clip using safe pry tool. This can be done after you have undone the flex connections and the coaxial cable.
- Now remove the volume button.
- Next step is to unhook the main board from the peg and then push it up and out of the phone. Remember the rubber microphone channel might fall out. Take it aside and try not to lose.
- To free the trackball assembly which can be found beneath the plate, first removed the three (3) screws which is almost incline at the bottom end of the phone which is noticeable upon removing the main board.
- Now loosen the tape holding the LCD screen in place.
- Release the flex connector from the LCD which is held on with tape.
- The LCD will now come out. Cautiously unclip it using a safe pry tool.
Your Nexus one is now fully disassembled. Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.