Originally Posted by dreadnatty08
Welcome to the forums, umdaman!
The 7" looks very easy to root and install the Play Store. I'm trying to find some info on the 9" model.
So far this is what I found:
This is a mod based off the Canadian 9 inch BPDN firmware, with the B&N firmware added onto it. It is "mostly stock
", with the following alternations:
- ADB access enabled by default
- Android Market (non-ugly hack), Gmail, News and Weather
- Titanium Backup preinstalled, with compatible Busybox version.
- Removed the "PC
Mode" screen (thanks Krash!)
- Updated Spica drivers
- Adds the Jorte Calendar app
to replace the problematic stock app.
- Patched for the "Droid Dream" malware
- Adds a few miscellaneous user apps (which you can remove)
- Slatedroid watermark in the "About Novel" section.
Doesn't sound like it will ever be updated either. Maybe for the 9" it is the only option? I did read about the 7" one which is easy. I guess this one is just as easy maybe......