October 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois - U.S.
Device(s): HTC Sensation - MIUI JB, HTC One X cm10, Galaxy S - LeeDroid, Galaxy Tab - Bindroid
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 72 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by quikmcmuffins
i was trying to flash MIUIv4 2.9.29v3 ONE V (its by inyourface on xda)
i flashed the rom and then went into fast boot and flashed a boot.img file i found inside the MIUIv4 2.9.29v3 ONE V.zip ,but now it only boots to the screen that says "this build is for development purposes only, etc, etc" i can still boot into boot loader and recovery but flashing roms and recoverys dosent do anything. i tryed the unbrick with the ruu thing but same thing keeps happening please help thank you
ok so you got bootloader...how about fastboot?
[edit; if you can get into fastboot you can flash roms that way also.]
---> ROM Flashing via fastboot
- Obtain a ROM of your choice, and note the location on your computer.
- reboot your device into fastboot mode via one of the following options.
- adb reboot bootloader (requires USB debugging to be turned on).
- power off the device then back on with 'vol up' + power button.
- Wipe your device.
- fastboot -w
- Update your ROM.
- fastboot update </path/to/your/RomFile.zip>
- Your phone will update and automatically reboot into the new ROM.
"If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."
Last edited by KJohns; October 17th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.