Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One V > One V - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree5Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): HTC One V. AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Overclock @1.7Ghz Stable. Current: LG Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default I'm giving up on flashing JB....

First phone? Bricked it. Second phone? Can't for the life of me get CWM Recovery to work! I've tried different img's from different sources and the closest I got was getting into recovery, but when I choose any option it just gives me the little black tophat and yellow circle arrow and sits there. I can hit the power button as many times as I want and it just switches between the menu and that picture.
The first phone I had seemed to go through the whole process but on the final boot it just goes to the HTC development build screen and didn't go any further. I had to go into fastboot just to shut the phone off otherwise it would just turn on again to the white screen.
I feel like I've tried everything and its just become more of a hassle. When I had my Galaxy Nexus, I did it all in one shot and it was my first time every doing anything like that. What gives guys? I followed the instructions to a T...
mxp5769 likes this.

RyanSupertramp is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): HTC One V LG Optimus V retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Try the TWRP recovery.
riggerman0421 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riggerman0421 For This Useful Post:
benslgdroid (November 4th, 2012)
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): HTC One V. AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Overclock @1.7Ghz Stable. Current: LG Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggerman0421 View Post
Try the TWRP recovery.
I'll give that a whirl right now and see if I can get recovery to work. If not, I'll just leave my phone alone. No reason to poke the bear haha.
RyanSupertramp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): HTC One V. AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Overclock @1.7Ghz Stable. Current: LG Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I did as suggested and it got me further than I had before. But It was stuck on the "Initializing Swagger" screen. I went back in, wiped and re-flashed, still stuck on that screen. Gave up. Restored. Did more research to find a possible working ROM, found one and now I have JB running on my phone. YAY!

[ROM][JB]CodenameAndroid jellybean[PRIMOC][CDMA] <---That's the name of the ROM I used. Not putting a link because I don't know if it's allowed. Cheers!

Edit: Spoke too soon. After getting everything up and running I went back into recovery to install SuperUser, rebooted and it got stuck on the "Android is upgrading: Starting apps". I rebooted and then it just gets stuck on the Jelly Bean boot screen. This phone is the most frustrating phone ever haha.

WiFi worked the first time I flashed. I flashed for a second time with the same rom, it now boots but I can't connect to Wifi. It just saves the password but doesn't let me on the network. Ugh..
RyanSupertramp is offline  
Last edited by RyanSupertramp; October 31st, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): HTC One V LG Optimus V retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Which kernel are you using? You may have to flash the kernel zip in recovery, then flash the boot.img in fastboot.
riggerman0421 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): HTC One V. AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Overclock @1.7Ghz Stable. Current: LG Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggerman0421 View Post
Which kernel are you using? You may have to flash the kernel zip in recovery, then flash the boot.img in fastboot.
I have the JB ROM installed right now and in the settings it says I'm using 3.0.30simonsimons42_1.0+simonssimons34@gooy #1

Honestly, I don't even know what that is or what it does haha.
RyanSupertramp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
rockstar
 
benslgdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magrathea
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,567
 
Device(s): 1 optimus v running cold as ice with blarfs recovery and s2e, 2 Optimus v running backside rom with
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 934
Thanked 857 Times in 560 Posts
Default

The kernel has to be flashed separately through adb for a non ics rom to work.
benslgdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

not sure if this will help or not, but I haven't tried, just cuz I've already got my adb and fastboot all set up already, but maybe try it out?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1962428
lilrob1213 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): HTC One V. AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Overclock @1.7Ghz Stable. Current: LG Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I found out the issue. It was the boot.img that wasn't working. The only one that I've found that works for me is Jellyboot5. I'm running CM10 overclocked at 1900. Wifi doesn't work though which is kind of a pain.
RyanSupertramp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): HTC One V LG Optimus V retired
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Default

You need to flash the jellyboot5.zip in recovery to get the Wi-Fi working. This will add the needed lib files and modules.
riggerman0421 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riggerman0421 For This Useful Post:
benslgdroid (November 13th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default All custom kernels cause mine to boot-loop

Why, oh why does *EVERY* custom kernel I've tried cause my phone to boot-loop? Why does *EVERY* custom ROM I've tried cause WIFI to stop working with stock kernel?

What am I doing wrong?

What is different about my phone?

Steps:
1) wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, system
2) flash ROM (most recently PACMAN) (yes, md5sum matches)
3) flash gapps (yes, md5sum matches)
4) reboot to bootloader (fastboot USB)
5) fastboot flash boot boot.img (extracted from <custom_kernel>.zip or from PACMAN ROM--same result (makes no difference if I'm on PC, MAC or Linux box to flash--all indicate flash was successful)
6) reboot to recovery
7) flash kernel.zip (most recently JellyBoot5.zip)
8) wipe cache & dalvik
9) reboot to system
10) phone now is in boot loop...is usable for 30-60 seconds between spontaneous reboots.
11) reboot to recovery & clear cache / dalvik--phone continues to boot loop.

Only thing that prevents phone from boot looping is restoring stock boot & restoring stock ROM.


What am I doing wrong????? What is different about my phone that is causing this?????

What further info can I provide to help troubleshoot this?
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ODGeek For This Useful Post:
Narcissic (November 20th, 2012)
Old November 13th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
rockstar
 
benslgdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magrathea
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,567
 
Device(s): 1 optimus v running cold as ice with blarfs recovery and s2e, 2 Optimus v running backside rom with
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 934
Thanked 857 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Do not clear cache and dalvik that last time and see if that works
benslgdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default yep...

I'm having the exact same issue: 30-60 second bootloop on all JB kernels (Jellyboot 5, all sick kernels including the latest (2.0.0?), JMZ, etc. etc.), and I've only found 3 things that work:

1) stock kernel + stock rom
2) stock kernel + semi-old version of CM9 (wifi, bluetooth and gps broken)
3) stock kernel + sicksense (wifi broken)

CM10, AOKP, etc. don't like the stock kernel (unsurprisingly), but nothing works with any custom kernel so far, and I've tried about 25 of em. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but here's the Hboot screen (I saw someone else having the same problem with the same version):

PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0928
eMMC-boot
May 14 2012,20:27:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGeek View Post
Why, oh why does *EVERY* custom kernel I've tried cause my phone to boot-loop? Why does *EVERY* custom ROM I've tried cause WIFI to stop working with stock kernel?

What am I doing wrong?

What is different about my phone?

Steps:
1) wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, system
2) flash ROM (most recently PACMAN) (yes, md5sum matches)
3) flash gapps (yes, md5sum matches)
4) reboot to bootloader (fastboot USB)
5) fastboot flash boot boot.img (extracted from <custom_kernel>.zip or from PACMAN ROM--same result (makes no difference if I'm on PC, MAC or Linux box to flash--all indicate flash was successful)
6) reboot to recovery
7) flash kernel.zip (most recently JellyBoot5.zip)
8) wipe cache & dalvik
9) reboot to system
10) phone now is in boot loop...is usable for 30-60 seconds between spontaneous reboots.
11) reboot to recovery & clear cache / dalvik--phone continues to boot loop.

Only thing that prevents phone from boot looping is restoring stock boot & restoring stock ROM.


What am I doing wrong????? What is different about my phone that is causing this?????

What further info can I provide to help troubleshoot this?
MasterControl is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterControl For This Useful Post:
ODGeek (November 15th, 2012)
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default Did you get yours at Wal*Mart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterControl View Post
I'm having the exact same issue: 30-60 second bootloop on all JB kernels (Jellyboot 5, all sick kernels including the latest (2.0.0?), JMZ, etc. etc.), and I've only found 3 things that work:

1) stock kernel + stock rom
2) stock kernel + semi-old version of CM9 (wifi, bluetooth and gps broken)
3) stock kernel + sicksense (wifi broken)

CM10, AOKP, etc. don't like the stock kernel (unsurprisingly), but nothing works with any custom kernel so far, and I've tried about 25 of em. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but here's the Hboot screen (I saw someone else having the same problem with the same version):

PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0928
eMMC-boot
May 14 2012,20:27:38
Those version #'s match mine exactly!

Thank you! Finally some evidence that I'm not the only one!

I went back and restored mine with the RUU to "factory stock" and re-unlocked my bootloader, re-rooted, etc. -- thinking I had missed a step somewhere...No dice...Phone behaves exactly the same...

<Edit> I even tried using CWM recovery instead of TWRP...No difference...Phone behaved the same.

I've asked and pleaded for help with diagnosing this problem (I'm a linux user going back to 1991, and was a software engineer for 12+ years...No lack of technical expertise on my part, just Android specifics...) All I've gotten in reply is "That shouldn't happen"...

The only thing I can figure is I bought mine at Wal*Mart, so that is to blame??? <Obvious Sarcasm>

With the Galaxy SII 4G released today, I'm thinking I'll give my One V to my wife & move on, since nothing other than "stock" seems to work with my One V...
ODGeek is offline  
Last edited by ODGeek; November 15th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default I bought it direct from VM

I'm thinking the baseband firmware was borked during an OTA (prob an anti-tethering "feature"), or maybe it shipped this way. I did find another (stock) kernel that works:
Directory listing of http://www.htcruu.com/Primo

It's in the OTA zip, the boot.img is inside another archive called firmware.zip. It doesn't seem to help with anything, but it's 600k smaller and it doesn't invoke the red-letter-screen-of-death. I'm intrigued by the radio.img (which I can't flash prob. due to S-ON); I see other people have the same HBOOT but an earlier Radio (e.g., RADIO-1.00.00.0521_2) so I'm wondering if there's a way to locate+install that version (the stock RUU on the link above claims to be 0521_2, but it sounds like you didn't have any luck there...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGeek View Post
Those version #'s match mine exactly!

Thank you! Finally some evidence that I'm not the only one!

I went back and restored mine with the RUU to "factory stock" and re-unlocked my bootloader, re-rooted, etc. -- thinking I had missed a step somewhere...No dice...Phone behaves exactly the same...

<Edit> I even tried using CWM recovery instead of TWRP...No difference...Phone behaved the same.

I've asked and pleaded for help with diagnosing this problem (I'm a linux user going back to 1991, and was a software engineer for 12+ years...No lack of technical expertise on my part, just Android specifics...) All I've gotten in reply is "That shouldn't happen"...

The only thing I can figure is I bought mine at Wal*Mart, so that is to blame??? <Obvious Sarcasm>

With the Galaxy SII 4G released today, I'm thinking I'll give my One V to my wife & move on, since nothing other than "stock" seems to work with my One V...
MasterControl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterControl View Post
I'm thinking the baseband firmware was borked during an OTA (prob an anti-tethering "feature"), or maybe it shipped this way. I did find another (stock) kernel that works:
Directory listing of http://www.htcruu.com/Primo

It's in the OTA zip, the boot.img is inside another archive called firmware.zip. It doesn't seem to help with anything, but it's 600k smaller and it doesn't invoke the red-letter-screen-of-death. I'm intrigued by the radio.img (which I can't flash prob. due to S-ON); I see other people have the same HBOOT but an earlier Radio (e.g., RADIO-1.00.00.0521_2) so I'm wondering if there's a way to locate+install that version (the stock RUU on the link above claims to be 0521_2, but it sounds like you didn't have any luck there...)
What I haven't tried yet is re-doing the RUU, and flashing the custom kernels *WITHOUT* doing the OTA UPDATE that fixes the battery, or whatever it purports to fix...May give that a shot this week-end...

???
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Success!

My hunch was correct, the .0928 Radio was causing the bootloop... I managed to flash the 521_2 radio, and now the Sick kernel is working and AOKP JB runs great.

Steps (on windoze):

1) Download this RUU
2) Run the .exe, wait for it to open the first wizard screen.
3) Open a file explorer in c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\New_Directory _With_Some_Hexadecimal_name
4) Locate `rom.zip`, copy to the root directory of your sd card, and rename it to PK76IMG.zip
5) Reboot to bootloader, connect usb, and `fastboot oem lock` in cmd shell, at which point it'll reboot
6) Get back to HBOOT, wait for it to notice PK76IMG, confirm, make a pot of coffee, check back in 5-10 minutes.
7) After reboot, phone should now show a 1.00.00.521_2 radio... re-unlock the bootloader in fastboot, re-flash TWRP or whatever, and you should be good to go.

Lemme know if you get it working...
MasterControl is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterControl For This Useful Post:
Narcissic (November 19th, 2012), ODGeek (November 17th, 2012), TheWineLover (January 19th, 2013)
Old November 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterControl View Post
My hunch was correct, the .0928 Radio was causing the bootloop... I managed to flash the 521_2 radio, and now the Sick kernel is working and AOKP JB runs great.

Steps (on windoze):

1) Download this RUU
2) Run the .exe, wait for it to open the first wizard screen.
3) Open a file explorer in c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\New_Directory _With_Some_Hexadecimal_name
4) Locate `rom.zip`, copy to the root directory of your sd card, and rename it to PK76IMG.zip
5) Reboot to bootloader, connect usb, and `fastboot oem lock` in cmd shell, at which point it'll reboot
6) Get back to HBOOT, wait for it to notice PK76IMG, confirm, make a pot of coffee, check back in 5-10 minutes.
7) After reboot, phone should now show a 1.00.00.521_2 radio... re-unlock the bootloader in fastboot, re-flash TWRP or whatever, and you should be good to go.

Lemme know if you get it working...
The last time I restored the RUU file, I went ahead and saved a copy of the OTA upgrade file before the phone loaded it. I looked at the contents of that zip file...It contains a "firmware.zip" file, which, in turn contains a "radio.img" file. That OTA upgrade to "fix the battery meter" is what is flashing the updated radio...

<Edit>Looks like you found the same thing...I should really read more than the first few sentences before I post...

<Edit> Radios in OTA:/firmware.zip and RUU:rom.zip are different:
$ md5 -r OTA_radio.img radio.img
40521da7690e2202481a55b71faab333 radio.img (from OTA upgrade, firmware.zip file)
95846bdccebe50fa83b583c808ab2646 radio.img (from rom.zip, "recovered" from RUU)

I don't have time to try it now--But given what you're saying, looks like you've solved this dilemma! Nice work!
ODGeek is offline  
Last edited by ODGeek; November 19th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default Success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterControl View Post
My hunch was correct, the .0928 Radio was causing the bootloop... I managed to flash the 521_2 radio, and now the Sick kernel is working and AOKP JB runs great.

Steps (on windoze):

1) Download this RUU
2) Run the .exe, wait for it to open the first wizard screen.
3) Open a file explorer in c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\New_Directory _With_Some_Hexadecimal_name
4) Locate `rom.zip`, copy to the root directory of your sd card, and rename it to PK76IMG.zip
5) Reboot to bootloader, connect usb, and `fastboot oem lock` in cmd shell, at which point it'll reboot
6) Get back to HBOOT, wait for it to notice PK76IMG, confirm, make a pot of coffee, check back in 5-10 minutes.
7) After reboot, phone should now show a 1.00.00.521_2 radio... re-unlock the bootloader in fastboot, re-flash TWRP or whatever, and you should be good to go.

Lemme know if you get it working...
Worked like a charm!
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default On mac?

Hey everyone, my first ever post here. I have spent around 10 hours trying to get this to work on my phone but I have got to the stage where CM10 is booting up, giving me 20 seconds or so of time and then restarting on a loop. I am working from a mac and Im determined to get this to work! If anyone could give me a little help that would be great. Iv closely followed instruction lists all over the web and none of them is working and I keep come up against this rebooting problem.

If anyone has suggestions on how to do this from a mac please let me know. FYI my android/programming knowledge is not very good but i can learn on the fly

Thanks in advance
jefferson3045 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson3045 View Post
Hey everyone, my first ever post here. I have spent around 10 hours trying to get this to work on my phone but I have got to the stage where CM10 is booting up, giving me 20 seconds or so of time and then restarting on a loop. I am working from a mac and Im determined to get this to work! If anyone could give me a little help that would be great. Iv closely followed instruction lists all over the web and none of them is working and I keep come up against this rebooting problem.

If anyone has suggestions on how to do this from a mac please let me know. FYI my android/programming knowledge is not very good but i can learn on the fly

Thanks in advance
You need to check the version of the Radio (seen on the bootloader screen) on your phone. Most of the custom kernels will boot-loop with the one ending in -0928. (The OTA upgrade that "fixes" the battery issue installs this radio). In this case, you need to follow the instructions to reset your phone with the RUU, and *NOT* have it check for upgrades before re-unlocking your phone, installing recovery, flashing new ROM, etc....

I was able to get mine working using a Mac (you only need a windows box to run the RUU, CD to %TEMP% and recover the "rom.zip" file...If you're having problems with that, PM me and I'll send you a link to download the rom.zip...
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am at work right now but will check the version of the Radio and type the output out here so you can take a look.

I tried to download the RUU before and it was not downloading so if you have the zip file and can send it that would be great.

Just to check - how am i meant to install the RUU? by flashing it or placing it on the SD card. I know the order of how you do things are very important so if you could let me know what order to do things in correctly ie kernels etc that woudl be great. I can also send you the list of versions of kernals/CM10/boot.img I am using so I am not leaving anything out. Will do so when i get home as well.

Thanks again for your help - if I get this all sorted out it would be great!
jefferson3045 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Still Problematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGeek View Post
The last time I restored the RUU file, I went ahead and saved a copy of the OTA upgrade file before the phone loaded it. I looked at the contents of that zip file...It contains a "firmware.zip" file, which, in turn contains a "radio.img" file. That OTA upgrade to "fix the battery meter" is what is flashing the updated radio...

<Edit>Looks like you found the same thing...I should really read more than the first few sentences before I post...

<Edit> Radios in OTA:/firmware.zip and RUU:rom.zip are different:
$ md5 -r OTA_radio.img radio.img
40521da7690e2202481a55b71faab333 radio.img (from OTA upgrade, firmware.zip file)
95846bdccebe50fa83b583c808ab2646 radio.img (from rom.zip, "recovered" from RUU)

I don't have time to try it now--But given what you're saying, looks like you've solved this dilemma! Nice work!
I have been working on this problem for the last 30 hours with only about 4 hours of sleep (1 in class). I was beginning to wonder if it was the new update or not. You just saved me another day of testing. Nevertheless, even my nandroid backup was not working. So I used an RUU to completely redo my phone back to the way it was. First thing I noticed was the different radio. However, even though I went back and redid the installation of sick kernel, TWRP, and PacMan, I get stuck on the boot screen of PacMan.
Narcissic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissic View Post
I have been working on this problem for the last 30 hours with only about 4 hours of sleep (1 in class). I was beginning to wonder if it was the new update or not. You just saved me another day of testing. Nevertheless, even my nandroid backup was not working. So I used an RUU to completely redo my phone back to the way it was. First thing I noticed was the different radio. However, even though I went back and redid the installation of sick kernel, TWRP, and PacMan, I get stuck on the boot screen of PacMan.
You *MUST* use the RUU to restore the old version of the Radio. Unless someone has figured out how to S-OFF this phone, that our only way (RUU) to "downgrade" the Radio...

Then, after you RUU restore, you *MUST NOT* allow the OTA upgrade to install (that is what upgrades the Radio & in my case, causes bootlooping with custom kernels)...
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry for the accidental double post...
Narcissic is offline  
Last edited by Narcissic; November 19th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGeek View Post
You *MUST* use the RUU to restore the old version of the Radio. Unless someone has figured out how to S-OFF this phone, that our only way (RUU) to "downgrade" the Radio...

Then, after you RUU restore, you *MUST NOT* allow the OTA upgrade to install (that is what upgrades the Radio & in my case, causes bootlooping with custom kernels)...
I think it is the the order I am flashing the files now. What you have said, I have down perfectly. When I stumbled across this forum, you guys confirmed my suspicion. I used the RUU and I now have radio 1.00.00.0521_2. I am going to try flashing them in a different order or try a different kernel now.
Narcissic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Bch Florida
Gender: Female
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): LG Connect
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

some phones when flashed lose some of their perks ie web photo messaging or mutimedia text. At least I know that to be true when trying to flash some phones over to metro pcs that was the issue.
sarahTTFN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGeek View Post
Why, oh why does *EVERY* custom kernel I've tried cause my phone to boot-loop? Why does *EVERY* custom ROM I've tried cause WIFI to stop working with stock kernel?

What am I doing wrong?

What is different about my phone?

Steps:
1) wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, system
2) flash ROM (most recently PACMAN) (yes, md5sum matches)
3) flash gapps (yes, md5sum matches)
4) reboot to bootloader (fastboot USB)
5) fastboot flash boot boot.img (extracted from <custom_kernel>.zip or from PACMAN ROM--same result (makes no difference if I'm on PC, MAC or Linux box to flash--all indicate flash was successful)
6) reboot to recovery
7) flash kernel.zip (most recently JellyBoot5.zip)
8) wipe cache & dalvik
9) reboot to system
10) phone now is in boot loop...is usable for 30-60 seconds between spontaneous reboots.
11) reboot to recovery & clear cache / dalvik--phone continues to boot loop.

Only thing that prevents phone from boot looping is restoring stock boot & restoring stock ROM.


What am I doing wrong????? What is different about my phone that is causing this?????

What further info can I provide to help troubleshoot this?
By following the exact way you used your RUU and the ROM, I was able to install PacMan and jelly boot. Before, I using my computer to install the RUU and reset the phone. It seems to be important that the rom.zip file is moved to the root of the SD card and named PK76IMG.zip. While everything appeared fine the way I installed it before (the radio was the pre-OTA update), perhaps some traces were left of previous firmware? Anyway, it works and I am greatly appreciative.
Narcissic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Web.
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): Optimus V, HTC HD2, Optimus T, G1, Wildfire S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 72 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Ok. Here's the deal.

If you got JellyBean flashed, but it doesn't boot, just reboots, you have 1 of 2 problems.


1. Ither your using the wrong kernel.

2. You flashed OTA update.



OTA update kills custom roms and kernels. In order to get them working again, you have to restore the RUU, then unlock bootloader, flash JellyBean again, and it'll boot fine now.
CuriousNoob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissic View Post
By following the exact way you used your RUU and the ROM, I was able to install PacMan and jelly boot. Before, I using my computer to install the RUU and reset the phone. It seems to be important that the rom.zip file is moved to the root of the SD card and named PK76IMG.zip. While everything appeared fine the way I installed it before (the radio was the pre-OTA update), perhaps some traces were left of previous firmware? Anyway, it works and I am greatly appreciative.

Just curious. I tried PacMan ROM, *Thought it was great* it except for 2 things...

1) Camera was flakey (only captured 3M pixel, Videos acted like they were recording, but were scrambled on playback)...

2) Bluetooth didn't work

Does your Bluetooth work? If so, which kernel are you using? The boot.img that is in the PacMan zip file, or a different JB kernel?
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Finally found some time to follow the instructions and they worked perfectly - thanks so much everyone. So now my phone is running cm10 without reboots etc.

BUT one problem has emerged...wifi doesnt seem to work...it just keeps trying to locate. I did a quick search on this forum for "wifi" but didnt find anyone else talking about this problem - does anyone have a fix?
jefferson3045 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and the video recorder is not working...are these simply glitches with the rom or my phone in particular? I guess noone has come out with the "perfect" rom yet...
jefferson3045 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Winchester,VA
Gender: Female
Posts: 85
 
Device(s): HTC One V,Slimbean 3.1 Advanced ,Kyocera Event stock-rooted, LG Optimus V, MiRaGe Rom w/ Kernel, Pa
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 23
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Butt Savers

I had the same problem trying to run CWM recovery. Sometimes it has a checksum conflict issue. TWRP works much better. I've boot looped my
phone four times (learning to work with ADB) , and brought it back each
time. If you push the Volume Down button & Power Buttons to get it into
Fast boot, then you can fix your error. I run PACman v1.5 w/ Sick kernel
All found on XDA developers web under HTC One V CDMA Development.
I have JellyBean goodness with lightening fast speed. NO BLOAT & NO
BROWSER LAG!!! NO MEMORY GOBBLE & improved reception!!! Don't
Give up on anything but CWM & Jelly boot. Sick kernel 2.0 is the way!
nannycrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 138
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSupertramp View Post
I did as suggested and it got me further than I had before. But It was stuck on the "Initializing Swagger" screen. I went back in, wiped and re-flashed, still stuck on that screen. Gave up. Restored. Did more research to find a possible working ROM, found one and now I have JB running on my phone. YAY!

[ROM][JB]CodenameAndroid jellybean[PRIMOC][CDMA] <---That's the name of the ROM I used. Not putting a link because I don't know if it's allowed. Cheers!

Edit: Spoke too soon. After getting everything up and running I went back into recovery to install SuperUser, rebooted and it got stuck on the "Android is upgrading: Starting apps". I rebooted and then it just gets stuck on the Jelly Bean boot screen. This phone is the most frustrating phone ever haha.

WiFi worked the first time I flashed. I flashed for a second time with the same rom, it now boots but I can't connect to Wifi. It just saves the password but doesn't let me on the network. Ugh..
Need to flash the modules. I built that rom
RyanSupertramp likes this.
sellers86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Winchester,VA
Gender: Female
Posts: 85
 
Device(s): HTC One V,Slimbean 3.1 Advanced ,Kyocera Event stock-rooted, LG Optimus V, MiRaGe Rom w/ Kernel, Pa
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 23
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

For those here running PACman w/ sick kernel 2.0 , the camera issue can be fixed easily. Download Camera ICS (either free or pro) and use that for your only camera. The paid edition has more options & settings. You'll get 4.5 mp out of the camera, the camcorder replays very well. Don't freeze the stock app, it will lock up the downloaded one. PACman doesn't differentiate between the two apps. I got very nice pics from the holiday! I love this ROM!
nannycrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): HTC One V. AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Overclock @1.7Ghz Stable. Current: LG Optimus F3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Alright, Haven't been here in a couple weeks. I switched from the CM10 to the AOKP. I didn't use the boot image in the zip file for the AOKP, I used Jellyboot5 and everything works great, including WiFi. Camcorder still doesn't work though, but that has never been a feature of my phone that I use regularly enough for that to be a problem.
RyanSupertramp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSupertramp View Post
Alright, Haven't been here in a couple weeks. I switched from the CM10 to the AOKP. I didn't use the boot image in the zip file for the AOKP, I used Jellyboot5 and everything works great, including WiFi. Camcorder still doesn't work though, but that has never been a feature of my phone that I use regularly enough for that to be a problem.
Does bluetooth work? I've tried several combinations of JB ROMs (AOKP, CM10, PAC Man, MIUI) with JB kernels (ROM image, JellyBoot5, SickKernel2.0), and have not been able to get bluetooth working on mine...
ODGeek is offline  
Last edited by ODGeek; November 29th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

It's working on my AOKP 11/18 with sick 2-0-0...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGeek View Post
Does bluetooth work? I've tried several combinations of JB ROMs (AOKP, CM10, PAC Man, MIUI) with JB kernels (ROM image, JellyBoot5, SickKernel2.0), and have not been able to get bluetooth working on mine...
MasterControl is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterControl For This Useful Post:
ODGeek (December 5th, 2012)
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 98
 
Device(s): hTC One SV (Boost Mobile)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 19
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterControl View Post
It's working on my AOKP 11/18 with sick 2-0-0...
I discovered the most current STABLE AOKP, with it's stock kernel works for me. (probably the best of the custom ROMs for the One V in my opinion).
ODGeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default htcruu.com is down...

Went to download the RUU by way of Narcissic's above link, and the site is gone. However, I did find another link to this RUU by googling just the name of the file... I haven't any MD5 so I'm not sure if it's good to go but it looks like it.. bloated as all hell at 331.9 MB.

I'm currently downloading it and will report back if all's well. If it is, I'll certainly provide a MediaFire link for all who else run into the problem all of us have in this sub-forum. If you'd like to download it yourself, here's where I found it: http://d-h.st/RQR Again, I don't know if it's a legit file so download and test at your own risk. That's exactly what I'm having to do now. What a pain in the arse!
TheWineLover is offline  
Last edited by TheWineLover; January 19th, 2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added link in the event others wanted it
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #41 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Did everything EXACTLY as you say below... only to be (un)welcomed with a black screen... UUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterControl View Post
My hunch was correct, the .0928 Radio was causing the bootloop... I managed to flash the 521_2 radio, and now the Sick kernel is working and AOKP JB runs great.

Steps (on windoze):

1) Download this RUU
2) Run the .exe, wait for it to open the first wizard screen.
3) Open a file explorer in c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\New_Directory _With_Some_Hexadecimal_name
4) Locate `rom.zip`, copy to the root directory of your sd card, and rename it to PK76IMG.zip
5) Reboot to bootloader, connect usb, and `fastboot oem lock` in cmd shell, at which point it'll reboot
6) Get back to HBOOT, wait for it to notice PK76IMG, confirm, make a pot of coffee, check back in 5-10 minutes.
7) After reboot, phone should now show a 1.00.00.521_2 radio... re-unlock the bootloader in fastboot, re-flash TWRP or whatever, and you should be good to go.

Lemme know if you get it working...
TheWineLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pursat, Cambodia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 1,132 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Don't forget the safety net. If you can get into bootloader, it's not hardbricked and you may be able to save it:

[GUIDE] Re-flash stock ROM (RUU) after bricking a rooted device
__________________
Don't just say thanks, click Thanks
Guess what's coming on April 23rd... Click here to find out.
Android Forums Site Rules/Guidelines

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
CafeKampuchia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #43 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's not bricked at all. I did get it fixed. The AOKP ROM was blown; developer just realized it. So, I've got CM10 on there working ok.

So, to confirm, the link I posted earlier to the radio (RUU_PRIMO_C_ICS_40A_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.08.652.6_Radi o_1.00.00.0521_2_NV_VM_3.46_0503_PRL61008_release_ 262414_signed.exe) DOES work. Here it is again:
http://d-h.st/RQR
TheWineLover is offline  
Last edited by TheWineLover; January 19th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 138
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: I'm giving up on flashing JB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWineLover View Post
Did everything EXACTLY as you say below... only to be (un)welcomed with a black screen... UUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!
Yeah that's not your fault. I'm pretty sure there was a bug in hwcomposer, I'm not sure though
sellers86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 85
 
Device(s): HTC Evo Design 4G on Custom stock ICS w/ Sense HTC One V Kyocera Rise *hardware bricked* LG l45c *br
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Bluetooth works on PAC ROM now. I'm using 19.3 and the kernel that came with it. Haven't flashed super sick kernel yet. Just lacking time.

As for CWM, try hitting the volume up then down buttons repeatedly until it says "back button enabled" that's what I had to do every time.I loved it. Flashed TWRP and haven't had the chance to play with it too much yet
Zombie591 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 138
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: I'm giving up on flashing JB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie591 View Post
Bluetooth works on PAC ROM now. I'm using 19.3 and the kernel that came with it. Haven't flashed super sick kernel yet. Just lacking time.

As for CWM, try hitting the volume up then down buttons repeatedly until it says "back button enabled" that's what I had to do every time.I loved it. Flashed TWRP and haven't had the chance to play with it too much yet
Pretty sure the kernel that comes with is supersick.
sellers86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 85
 
Device(s): HTC Evo Design 4G on Custom stock ICS w/ Sense HTC One V Kyocera Rise *hardware bricked* LG l45c *br
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
Pretty sure the kernel that comes with is supersick.
Thought it was just sick kernel. anyway.. BT works Not that I ever use it anyway lol

I know the previous version I had was just sick kernel.
Zombie591 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #48 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys. Today I was going to attempt to flash a custom ROM for my HTC One V, been putting it off for a while after unlocking bootloader, flashing recovery and rooting. Maybe I should be glad I'm so meticulous with stuff like this because I too now see I have a 0928 radio on my phone so I assume if I went through with this I would get myself into a bootloop. Kind of pissed off though, I wasn't going to install the system update once I got this phone because I figured it might "fix" something like this, not just the battery like people were saying, but I did it anyway and yeah now I wish I didn't. Screw HTC.

So in order to flash a custom ROM I will need to run the exe from TheWineLover's post and follow the steps in Master Control's post? Sounds so convoluted. I keep seeing people say they are flashing Kernels too, but I thought S-ON prevented Kernel flashes, how are you guys doing that with S-ON? All of the instructions for installing custom ROMs don't include instructions on flashing a Kernel separately, leading me to believe the stock Kernel works with it, is that the case for some (perhaps custom ICS ROMs since the stock is ICS?) or do you HAVE TO flash a Kernel that's compatible with the custom ROM being flashed? (eg. supersick with AOKP)
BrokenVisage is offline  
Last edited by BrokenVisage; February 9th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2 (Virgin Mobile)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWineLover View Post
It's not bricked at all. I did get it fixed. The AOKP ROM was blown; developer just realized it. So, I've got CM10 on there working ok.

So, to confirm, the link I posted earlier to the radio (RUU_PRIMO_C_ICS_40A_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.08.652.6_Radi o_1.00.00.0521_2_NV_VM_3.46_0503_PRL61008_release_ 262414_signed.exe) DOES work. Here it is again:
Dev-Host - RUU_PRIMO_C_ICS_40A_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.08.652.6_Radio _1.00.00.0521_2_NV_VM_3.46_0503_PRL61008_release_2 62414_signed.exe - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
i tried your way & i have the rom.zip in my sd card & when my bootloader reads it, it says "hboot Version is older" Update Fail! press power to reboot. guys im trying to get back my old radio so i can install the jb roms and i updated the opa when i first got this phone
Uriel707 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 138
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel707 View Post
i tried your way & i have the rom.zip in my sd card & when my bootloader reads it, it says "hboot Version is older" Update Fail! press power to reboot. guys im trying to get back my old radio so i can install the jb roms and i updated the opa when i first got this phone
Its impossible ATM. You took one to many OTA updates, and you can no longer ruu.
sellers86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One V > One V - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.