Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Optimus M - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sammyz

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default [GUIDE] How to fix MMS with Gingerbread/CM7 ROMS

I saw that there was no guide on how to do this and I was one of the people that overlooked a step each time, so this is to make it clear for every one.

1. Go in recovery
2. Flash MMS fix (links below)
3. After reboot, open App "Voice Dialer" and say "Open APNs"
4. Check that box so that you see a checked box

EDIT:
Also to make sure it works right:
1)Touch "metropcs" while in APNs menu
2)In password field change it to "mymetro" without quotes
3)Change username to "yourphone#@mymetropcs.com" without quotes
4)Press Menu button
5)Save and then exit
I'm hoping this works I don't have my phone bill paid..

There are 2 fixes that were made (the 3rd fix is a port to work with CWM that I did myself).
Sometimes one works and the other doesn't.
Only flash ONE and see if it works. After following directions, make sure it stays.
If it doesn't then try the other one or if it's not working try the other one

1. MetroMMSFIX by Playful God[Gingerbread]
2. MetroMMSFIX by Reppard[Gingerbread] (Does not work with ClockWorkMod)
3. MetroMMSFIX by Reppard CWM Fix [Gingerbread]

I hope this helps everyone that's been having MMS issues with their CM7 ROMS
I take no credit for the files listed above (except in porting reppards MMS fix to work with any recovery), nor do I take credit in how to install the APNs after they are flashed. I am simply making it clear for everyone because it was not clear for me so I can only imagine it being unclear for everyone else as well. I hope this clears everything up and everyone gets MMS working on their phones.
sahi2myfriend likes this.

Advertisements
__________________
Ok, you want help? I am here to help. But if you can't read, I can't really help you.
Why on earth would anyone help someone who does not read? This is a forum, the purpose of it is to read.
sammyz is offline  
Last edited by sammyz; April 7th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (March 16th, 2012), douglasr007 (March 21st, 2012), sahi2myfriend (December 24th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,325
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 293 Times in 250 Posts
Default

So, reppards MMS fix can't be flashed with CWM? That's the recovery I'm using, along with ROM Manager. I believe playfulgod's MMS fix is the one that I flashed the other night when trying out the ICS themed one you did up. I went back to reppards CM7 'cause I do have MMS working on that one.

What about the menus that don't take, unless you reboot the phone? Do you know of a fix for that? When bobzhome put out the latest CM7, I tried it for about a week. I never got MMS working. Also, I continually had problems with the power widget options (the ones when I swipe down the notification bar for wifi, bluetooth, etc). I continually had problems disabling the gps, and wifi. Also, when I turned off data. They wouldn't take affect unless I rebooted. I had the same problems in the cyanogen settings; like if I changed the color of the clock font, or the notification bar, etc. After about a week or so, I went back to reppards CM7. So, when I tried your port the other night, and was having the same problems, I went back to reppards. It just pretty much works. I also didn't have to flash a MMS fix. I did go into the apn settings and update some of the setting in it, but the settings took once I saved it.

Anyway, that's my experience with CM7.
alfick3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
So, reppards MMS fix can't be flashed with CWM? That's the recovery I'm using, along with ROM Manager. I believe playfulgod's MMS fix is the one that I flashed the other night when trying out the ICS themed one you did up. I went back to reppards CM7 'cause I do have MMS working on that one.

What about the menus that don't take, unless you reboot the phone? Do you know of a fix for that? When bobzhome put out the latest CM7, I tried it for about a week. I never got MMS working. Also, I continually had problems with the power widget options (the ones when I swipe down the notification bar for wifi, bluetooth, etc). I continually had problems disabling the gps, and wifi. Also, when I turned off data. They wouldn't take affect unless I rebooted. I had the same problems in the cyanogen settings; like if I changed the color of the clock font, or the notification bar, etc. After about a week or so, I went back to reppards CM7. So, when I tried your port the other night, and was having the same problems, I went back to reppards. It just pretty much works. I also didn't have to flash a MMS fix. I did go into the apn settings and update some of the setting in it, but the settings took once I saved it.

Anyway, that's my experience with CM7.
I thought I replied to this already 0.o sorry about that....I must have typed stuff and never sent it.....

Anyways I used to get problems with the settings as well...usually the only way to fix is by reflashing.

Also I fixed Reppards MMS FIX to work with CWM but I also left the link to the original just in case someone needs it or isn't using CWM...
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (March 18th, 2012)
Old March 17th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

guide edited
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 388
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 79 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Been a while since I've looked into my first Android phone forums.

This helped me out immensely! We're working on porting and building a few universal (GSM/CDMA) ROM's for the Wildfire S. A user came up with a universal ROM for us but the only thing not working was MMS. It was a Sense based HTC ROM, but it was Gingerbread. PlayfulGod's MMS fix absolutely fixed MMS issues.

Again many thanks to those of ya that made this work. (And not just on the Optimus M's!)
bobdamnit is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobdamnit For This Useful Post:
sammyz (March 28th, 2012)
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdamnit View Post
Been a while since I've looked into my first Android phone forums.

This helped me out immensely! We're working on porting and building a few universal (GSM/CDMA) ROM's for the Wildfire S. A user came up with a universal ROM for us but the only thing not working was MMS. It was a Sense based HTC ROM, but it was Gingerbread. PlayfulGod's MMS fix absolutely fixed MMS issues.

Again many thanks to those of ya that made this work. (And not just on the Optimus M's!)
I thought this fix was only for Metro 0.o.........
cool
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 388
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 79 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
I thought this fix was only for Metro 0.o.........
cool
The HTC Wildfire S (A510c) IS a MetroPCS phone lol
bobdamnit is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdamnit View Post
The HTC Wildfire S (A510c) IS a MetroPCS phone lol

Ohhhhh lol I thought u were on another carrier and it worked xD
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 152
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default

so just wondering the number part 786-345-6777@mymetropcs.com would it look like that or i need # after my number?
kris0933138 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris0933138 View Post
so just wondering the number part 786-345-6777@mymetropcs.com would it look like that or i need # after my number?

It is ur phone number and it would look like: 7863456777@mymetropcs.com
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 152
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default

okay, after flashing the first one on bobs rom. when i open apn there are 2 different things on the list i can select
kris0933138 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris0933138 View Post
okay, after flashing the first one on bobs rom. when i open apn there are 2 different things on the list i can select

I think Bob fixed mms on his new one
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M-CM7, Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hey sammyz, when I open APNs, the screen is blank. As to when I did what you said in the first post, it all worked fine. But after updating the PRL to 3029, it took it all away. I tried a restore but that didnt work, it still kept PRL 3029. I was able to get it back to 3028 but still nothing at the APN screen. Do I need to add New APN? If so, do you know the correct settings for everything? Some of the other threads I have read dont match each other and look diffenent from what I remember mine being. I am on CM7 2.3.7 Lg Optimus M. Can you help?
jtovar1998 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovar1998 View Post
Hey sammyz, when I open APNs, the screen is blank. As to when I did what you said in the first post, it all worked fine. But after updating the PRL to 3029, it took it all away. I tried a restore but that didnt work, it still kept PRL 3029. I was able to get it back to 3028 but still nothing at the APN screen. Do I need to add New APN? If so, do you know the correct settings for everything? Some of the other threads I have read dont match each other and look diffenent from what I remember mine being. I am on CM7 2.3.7 Lg Optimus M. Can you help?

On BobZ? You may have to reflash, but I do find his newer build unstable, but I thought he fixed MMS himself without a flash, also make sure you're using clockworkmod recovery. I won't be back on here for a while....about a week or 2, sorry man.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M-CM7, Samsung Admire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
On BobZ? You may have to reflash, but I do find his newer build unstable, but I thought he fixed MMS himself without a flash, also make sure you're using clockworkmod recovery. I won't be back on here for a while....about a week or 2, sorry man.
I am on Playfulgod's build and using CWM 5.0.2.7. I have reflashed the MMs fix but it keeps telling me that I can not leave the APN blank. I have fixed it before and had MMS working after entering in the APN but now it wont work after updating the Prl to 3029. I am back on Prl 3028 but after reflashing it still does not work properly. I think I just need the correct APN setting. Thanks.
jtovar1998 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovar1998 View Post
I am on Playfulgod's build and using CWM 5.0.2.7. I have reflashed the MMs fix but it keeps telling me that I can not leave the APN blank. I have fixed it before and had MMS working after entering in the APN but now it wont work after updating the Prl to 3029. I am back on Prl 3028 but after reflashing it still does not work properly. I think I just need the correct APN setting. Thanks.
You may have to reflash the whole thing, but from what I've heard, PlayfulGod got his CM7 to work out of the box and no MMS fix flash is required at all....

Before flashing these fixes, ALWAYS make sure you check to see if MMS works before messing with anything. Messing with this stuff after it already working can screw it up, and you'll have to start over with reflashing again the ROM first.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am using Sammyz ICS Rom and I had to enter APN and change the settings, then I flashed PlayfulGod's MetrOFF and got MMS to run smoothly.
BlueMagic is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMagic For This Useful Post:
sammyz (May 23rd, 2012)
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMagic View Post
I am using Sammyz ICS Rom and I had to enter APN and change the settings, then I flashed PlayfulGod's MetrOFF and got MMS to run smoothly.
*ICS Themed 2.3.7 Gingerbread

I don't want confusion of an ICS ROM working.....there is none yet for our phone....
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Bump, I need the OP info...using tapa here. Yes this thread I made has info that I don't remember....
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Virgin mobile compatibility?

I see the files are listed as MetroMMSFix, will this work on the Virgin Mobile network?
KJRob is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
Thread Author (OP)
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,726
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRob View Post
I see the files are listed as MetroMMSFix, will this work on the Virgin Mobile network?
No, it only fixes MMS for MetroPCS users.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you.
cemchris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.