Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Optimus M - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree3Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
It wasn't working for some prior because you originally upped this with GNM 2.2 kernel . If I'm correct aflick was stock 2.2 and that's why it booted for him. The video display drivers are different 2.2.1 stock and above from 2.2 OMs
That's why some phones have problems that I can never figure out...thanks a lot for this info

__________________
With some reading of threads and asking questions, newbies become experts.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemizE View Post
Why would the kernel be disabling the wifi? Anyone have a clue?
kernels have drivers too............................................... .....that's why.
Why it doesn't work.....kernel-driver issue/mismatch
How to fix it, find another kernel................

If it still doesn't work with wifi then it's not the kernel, it's because of the zip files
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #53 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M running BACKside CM7.2 RC1, OC'd @ 768 Mhz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
kernels have drivers too............................................... .....that's why.
Why it doesn't work.....kernel-driver issue/mismatch
How to fix it, find another kernel................

If it still doesn't work with wifi then it's not the kernel, it's because of the zip files
So what your saying is, if it doesn't work, try a different kernel, and if it still doesn't work, the ROM is at fault?
also sammyz is at 666 posts. ._.
Renton23 is offline  
Last edited by Renton23; April 28th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton23 View Post
So what your saying is, if it doesn't work, try a different kernel, and if it still doesn't work, the ROM is at fault?
also sammyz is at 666 posts. ._.
lmao good thing I'm posting more
and basically yes
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #55 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton23 View Post
So what your saying is, if it doesn't work, try a different kernel, and if it still doesn't work, the ROM is at fault?
also sammyz is at 666 posts. ._.
This guy also subscribed to me on youtube the same day I posted my post that had 666 ._.


This guy
666byn666
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Can anyone repost a download link? please
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #57 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M, LG Esteem
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
well fonts are fix now. how do i change the color and icon size of the upper status bar.
also the download link is down.??? so far loving the rom pretty fast.
Its not down it just has an extra h at the beginning. If you get rid of that it works fine The rom worked fine for me. Im running CWM that I just flashed today with Rom manager. I used the Optimus C one in case any one was wondering. I loved everything! Great work! Only changes I would like to see for the future is the clock in the right corner which I can barely see and obv. the wifi which is already being worked on. Great Work! Love the Rom!
SexySteve603 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SexySteve603 For This Useful Post:
DemizE (April 30th, 2012)
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
well fonts are fix now. how do i change the color and icon size of the upper status bar.
also the download link is down.??? so far loving the rom pretty fast.

You minus well take the ROM apart and custom tailor it to your needs. Use the UOT kitchen to make changes to the interface. Dont do it if you dont know how lol. Link is fixed guys. Sorry.
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySteve603 View Post
Its not down it just has an extra h at the beginning. If you get rid of that it works fine The rom worked fine for me. Im running CWM that I just flashed today with Rom manager. I used the Optimus C one in case any one was wondering. I loved everything! Great work! Only changes I would like to see for the future is the clock in the right corner which I can barely see and obv. the wifi which is already being worked on. Great Work! Love the Rom!
Wifi will be fixed as well as the clock in the upcoming days. Thanks for using Titan ROM!
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DemizE For This Useful Post:
SexySteve603 (April 30th, 2012)
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #60 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
kernels have drivers too............................................... .....that's why.
Why it doesn't work.....kernel-driver issue/mismatch
How to fix it, find another kernel................

If it still doesn't work with wifi then it's not the kernel, it's because of the zip files
Well GNM's kernel worked right out of the box for me. Wifi and everything. The ROM works fine it's just messing with the WIFI now which I will get to the bottom of it. You can flash the kernel afterward if you have issues. Others have had no issues with it at all but wifi. Trial and error. My first ROM. Remember this. Thats why I said it ISN'T finished.
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: kissimmee fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 416
 
Device(s): galaxy s3
Carrier: metropcs

Thanks: 13
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemizE View Post
Well GNM's kernel worked right out of the box for me. Wifi and everything. The ROM works fine it's just messing with the WIFI now which I will get to the bottom of it. You can flash the kernel afterward if you have issues. Others have had no issues with it at all but wifi. Trial and error. My first ROM. Remember this. Thats why I said it ISN'T finished.
hello demize i'm loving the rom my only complain/issue is i use reading glasses
and the background color/small icon on the upper status bar makes it hard to see. sorry if asking for to much thanks jose
PS.i install the r.O.C.K-v0.3-AnyROM after i notice that wifi wasn't working i just flash the zipfile and my wifi is working again
1iwilly is offline  
Last edited by 1iwilly; April 30th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #62 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

my wifi doesnt work on this rom anyone hep please?

lg optimus M 2.2.2
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
hello demize i'm loving the rom my only complain/issue is i use reading glasses
and the background color/small icon on the upper status bar makes it hard to see. sorry if asking for to much thanks jose
PS.i install the r.O.C.K-v0.3-AnyROM after i notice that wifi wasn't working i just flash the zipfile and my wifi is working again
were can i get the r.o.c.k. rom?
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Primed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 237
 
Device(s): Motorola Xoom (CM10.1), Samsung Galaxy S III (CM10.1), Nexus 7 (CM10.1)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 54 Times in 29 Posts
brendan.szymanski1@gmail.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradh786 View Post
were can i get the r.o.c.k. rom?
It's a kernel, not a ROM. and the link to the post is here.
__________________
My neighbors listen to Dubstep, they have no choice.
Primed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
sound still work?

Sounds always worked for me. Havent heard that issue
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

People are having wifi issue because its a mismatched kernel. Those who had a stock 2.2.2 will have the issues because it was originally a 2.2 kernel and now a 2.2.1
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #67 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

as demize said the wifi is being worked on i wouldt really flash the kernel i would just wait what would you guys do?
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primed View Post
It's a kernel, not a ROM. and the link to the post is here.
thanks for the link i downloaded the anyrom one and i flashed it then rebooted and nothing worked then i reflashed titan and still no wifi!!
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #69 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradh786 View Post
as demize said the wifi is being worked on i wouldt really flash the kernel i would just wait what would you guys do?

Flash kernel...
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #70 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Flash kernel...
idk im very noob at rooting this is my first week so forgive me if im wrong, are you telling me to flash the kernel?
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Wait. He's either going to have to revert to a stock 2.2.2 kernel for everything to work for everybody or he's going to have to compile his own OC kernel for 2.2.2 as I don't think there is one
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #72 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradh786 View Post
idk im very noob at rooting this is my first week so forgive me if im wrong, are you telling me to flash the kernel?

That's what I would try doing but I've tried so I think its a bad wifi file in the zip....
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: kissimmee fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 416
 
Device(s): galaxy s3
Carrier: metropcs

Thanks: 13
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
That's what I would try doing but I've tried so I think its a bad wifi file in the zip....
i flash the r.O.C.K-v0.3-AnyROM kernel.and my wifi works fine.
1iwilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Because your phone is either 2.2.1 stock or 2.2
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
Because your phone is either 2.2.1 stock or 2.2

How does that have to do with anything? Your saying if you upgrade to 2.2.2 stock and root, install recovery and flash a rom wifi wont work with this?
Oh wait nvm....
Just saw ur post saying he needs to put in 2.2.2 kernel...
sammyz is online now  
Last edited by sammyz; April 30th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
That's what I would try doing but I've tried so I think its a bad wifi file in the zip....
Have you read any of what I said? Its not a "bad" wifi file but a mismatched one. As the system modules (wifi) are located in the kernel, when you have a mismatched kernel wifi will fail to function properly for some people. Our phones are very forward compatible but fail to be very backwards compatible as slight changes are made to the source with each version. Especially the kernel with 2.2.2
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
How does that have to do with anything? Your saying if you upgrade to 2.2.2 stock and root, install recovery and flash a rom wifi wont work with this?
Oh wait nvm....
Just saw ur post saying he needs to put in 2.2.2 kernel...
If you think about it 2.2.2 was developed to be an update to existing phones to fix the random reboot issues that were occurring and at the same time they were shipping out new phones with it stock. So there would be no issue updating to 2.2.2 As it was meant to be a flashable update for existing phones anyhow.
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
i flash the r.O.C.K-v0.3-AnyROM kernel.and my wifi works fine.
tried didnt work

running 2.2.2 cyanogen mod 7.1
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #79 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
Have you read any of what I said? Its not a "bad" wifi file but a mismatched one. As the system modules (wifi) are located in the kernel, when you have a mismatched kernel wifi will fail to function properly for some people. Our phones are very forward compatible but fail to be very backwards compatible as slight changes are made to the source with each version. Especially the kernel with 2.2.2
if its just a file mismatch demize and tinkerbell can fix it easily right? then we just redownload and flash again? if so id rather wait
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #80 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
If you think about it 2.2.2 was developed to be an update to existing phones to fix the random reboot issues that were occurring and at the same time they were shipping out new phones with it stock. So there would be no issue updating to 2.2.2 As it was meant to be a flashable update for existing phones anyhow.

Yea but all they changed in the 2.2.2 kernel was network stuff........well maybe that's why wifi doesn't work with a 2.2.1 kernel with a 2.2.2 rom and I'm sure if we changed the wifi file(s) it will work fine
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
DemizE (April 30th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #81 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradh786 View Post
tried didnt work

running 2.2.2 cyanogen mod 7.1

If you're on this rom then ur not running any of that xD you're just running the Titan rom, what's more important is what recovery you're using not ROM you came from...
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #82 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
If you're on this rom then ur not running any of that xD you're just running the Titan rom, what's more important is what recovery you're using not ROM you came from...
im not on titan anymore when i found that the wifi didnt work i switched back to cyanogen 7.1 and im using CWM recovery
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Yea but all they changed in the 2.2.2 kernel was network stuff........well maybe that's why wifi doesn't work with a 2.2.1 kernel with a 2.2.2 rom and I'm sure if we changed the wifi file(s) it will work fine
It wasn't just network stuff as the whole purpose was to fix random reboots
You will either have to revert to a stock 2.2.2 kernel or compile a new kernel if you'd like to OC. You can't really kang a kernel like ROMs lol.
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pmb116 For This Useful Post:
DemizE (May 1st, 2012)
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #84 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primed View Post
It's a kernel, not a ROM. and the link to the post is here.
retried now it works!!!1 awesome thanks!
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #85 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
It wasn't just network stuff as the whole purpose was to fix random reboots
You will either have to revert to a stock 2.2.2 kernel or compile a new kernel if you'd like to OC. You can't really kang a kernel like ROMs lol.
Actually you can use bobzhome's kernel with just about any CM7 ROM, that's what I do for my port ROMS...
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Actually you can use bobzhome's kernel with just about any CM7 ROM, that's what I do for my port ROMS...
Bobs kernel was built for GB.........
and all CM roms were built off IHO source
pmb116 is offline  
Last edited by pmb116; April 30th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Default

So, I've been following this, sort of, now for the last few days. What's this about wifi not working? I flashed it and it works just fine for me. My phone was a stock 2.2. I've had roms on my phone that are based on 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 and 2.3.x. Wifi has worked just fine for me on all these roms. Now I have had a 2.2.1 ROM and a version of bobzhome's gingerbread that wouldn't boot (I'm assuming it's because of the video driver and the touch screen).
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:52 AM   #88 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
So, I've been following this, sort of, now for the last few days. What's this about wifi not working? I flashed it and it works just fine for me. My phone was a stock 2.2. I've had roms on my phone that are based on 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 and 2.3.x. Wifi has worked just fine for me on all these roms. Now I have had a 2.2.1 ROM and a version of bobzhome's gingerbread that wouldn't boot (I'm assuming it's because of the video driver and the touch screen).

Actually that version (2-2-12) BobZhomes CM7 I had the same problem, but he made that one again and put in in the posts, not on OP, and that one worked.....it was the kernel

That's the kernel I use for all my port ROMS and I don't like his new one because it has the metropcs logo in it....
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:02 AM   #89 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
It wasn't just network stuff as the whole purpose was to fix random reboots
You will either have to revert to a stock 2.2.2 kernel or compile a new kernel if you'd like to OC. You can't really kang a kernel like ROMs lol.
Working on this. Flashing the r.O.C.K kernel after flashing Titan seems to fix all the issues. Annoying but I will have to get to the bottom of it. Anyone familiar with modifying the kernel please contact me.
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

hey I'm pretty noob at this but is there a way to get ice on the LG optimus M? also can anyone give me that blue lock screen and the widget on the original post?
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM   #91 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradh786 View Post
hey I'm pretty noob at this but is there a way to get ice on the LG optimus M? also can anyone give me that blue lock screen and the widget on the original post?
Dont hijack the thread bro. Ask that on the all things root section and not here Anyways goto the Market and download MiiLocker. They have tons of unlock screens. Although I would uninstall WidgetLocker before you install MiiLocker otherwise you could run into complications. If you have any other questions you can private message me for info.
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:53 AM   #92 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemizE View Post
Working on this. Flashing the r.O.C.K kernel after flashing Titan seems to fix all the issues. Annoying but I will have to get to the bottom of it. Anyone familiar with modifying the kernel please contact me.
If flashing rockKernel afterwards works then it sounds like you gotta put that kernel into your ROM.....

I'll help you later today after school
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM   #93 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemizE View Post
Dont hijack the thread bro. Ask that on the all things root section and not here Anyways goto the Market and download MiiLocker. They have tons of unlock screens. Although I would uninstall WidgetLocker before you install MiiLocker otherwise you could run into complications. If you have any other questions you can private message me for info.
lol I'm sorry demize ill be sure to download it nd ask in other threads my bad
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muradh786 For This Useful Post:
DemizE (May 1st, 2012)
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:58 AM   #94 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
If flashing rockKernel afterwards works then it sounds like you gotta put that kernel into your ROM.....

I'll help you later today after school
That kernel IS in the ROM. That's what I do not understand with the wifi complication.
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM   #95 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemizE View Post
That kernel IS in the ROM. That's what I do not understand with the wifi complication.

Ohh hmmm that's weird.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM   #96 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
DemizE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - Titan ROM OC'd 742 Mhz HTC Wildfire S EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to DemizE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Ohh hmmm that's weird.

I did a nandroid backup and took the BOOT.IMG out and SWAPPED it with Titan. I dont know what else I missed.
DemizE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM   #97 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemizE View Post
I did a nandroid backup and took the BOOT.IMG out and SWAPPED it with Titan. I dont know what else I missed.
why dont you just take the kernel from anyrom r.o.c.k and swap it with the one in titan rom and just release it as that. And if u cant do that just make a new thread with instructions on how to install titan rom and then flash the r.o.c.k kernel.
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM   #98 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,356
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradh786 View Post
why dont you just take the kernel from anyrom r.o.c.k and swap it with the one in titan rom and just release it as that. And if u cant do that just make a new thread with instructions on how to install titan rom and then flash the r.o.c.k kernel.

New thread would not be required, he can just edit the OP.....and your suggestion is what he did....
dogdayz likes this.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM   #99 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): lg optimus m rooted cyanogen mod 7.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
New thread would not be required, he can just edit the OP.....and your suggestion is what he did....
yay I feel smart now lol but btw love the rom and thanks for all the help
muradh786 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: kissimmee fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 416
 
Device(s): galaxy s3
Carrier: metropcs

Thanks: 13
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Talking

hey demize i try to do like you stated.use rom toolbox to change the batt icon no go
i guess the pro version is needed. cause when i pick the icon install it.then do reboot as recomended nothing changes.?? and a back ground color for status bar cause be updated.???? that's just my feeling
1iwilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.