Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Optimus M - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Phubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, Fl.
Gender: Male
Posts: 452
 
Device(s): Current: LG Optimus L9 P769, LG Optimus M, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei Ascend , LG Motion 4G , HP Touc
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 93
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Phubu Send a message via Skype™ to Phubu vlnmbooking@gmail.com
Unhappy Some help :/

I haven had any luck flashing any of the roms here specially the first Cyanogen mod that was ported to the Optimus M from Metro PCS. now i was successful once and currently still on it, im also rooted and have clockworkmod v5.0.2.7.

Now the problem is i keep getting a (Status 7) and installation aborted error.


I will appreciate it if anyone can help me bypass/fix this.


I have done all steps currect with the wiping of the phone, and also re downloaded several times the rom just in case the zip was corrupted as mentioned in other forums but still no luck.

Edit: Im guessing its the zips that were corrupted when downloading, i just tried one of prime's zip roms and it went threw... I'll be checking the other ones and update on progress.

Advertisements
Phubu is offline  
Last edited by Phubu; May 15th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,717
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubu View Post
I haven had any luck flashing any of the roms here specially the first Cyanogen mod that was ported to the Optimus M from Metro PCS. now i was successful once and currently still on it, im also rooted and have clockworkmod v5.0.2.7.

Now the problem is i keep getting a (Status 7) and installation aborted error.


I will appreciate it if anyone can help me bypass/fix this.


I have done all steps currect with the wiping of the phone, and also re downloaded several times the rom just in case the zip was corrupted as mentioned in other forums but still no luck.

Edit: Im guessing its the zips that were corrupted when downloading, i just tried one of prime's zip roms and it went threw... I'll be checking the other ones and update on progress.
On backside, you must look trough the thread for version 0.7 because Primed hasn't updated the OP yet, it's somewhere on the last page.
__________________
Ok, you want help? I am here to help. But if you can't read, I can't really help you.
Why on earth would anyone help someone who does not read? This is a forum, the purpose of it is to read.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Phubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, Fl.
Gender: Male
Posts: 452
 
Device(s): Current: LG Optimus L9 P769, LG Optimus M, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei Ascend , LG Motion 4G , HP Touc
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 93
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Phubu Send a message via Skype™ to Phubu vlnmbooking@gmail.com
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
On backside, you must look trough the thread for version 0.7 because Primed hasn't updated the OP yet, it's somewhere on the last page.
Thx... i just switched over to the Official MIUI rom, still having the same problem with Playfulgod's CM7 port. Some zips are flashing fine some aren't.
Phubu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,717
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubu View Post
Thx... i just switched over to the Official MIUI rom, still having the same problem with Playfulgod's CM7 port. Some zips are flashing fine some aren't.
If you are downloading the ROMs with your phone, I highly suggest to use a PC instead, but if your only option is your phone, make sure you are getting an excellent wifi signal and that you don't let the phone fall asleep while downloading
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Phubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, Fl.
Gender: Male
Posts: 452
 
Device(s): Current: LG Optimus L9 P769, LG Optimus M, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei Ascend , LG Motion 4G , HP Touc
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 93
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Phubu Send a message via Skype™ to Phubu vlnmbooking@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
If you are downloading the ROMs with your phone, I highly suggest to use a PC instead, but if your only option is your phone, make sure you are getting an excellent wifi signal and that you don't let the phone fall asleep while downloading
I actually am using a pc, its probably the signal
Phubu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 327
 
Device(s):
Carrier: StraightTalk

Thanks: 6
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to t3084 tthreeoh
Default

make sure the check sums match to ensure a proper file transfer. my CWM is only version 4.something.
t3084 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Phubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, Fl.
Gender: Male
Posts: 452
 
Device(s): Current: LG Optimus L9 P769, LG Optimus M, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei Ascend , LG Motion 4G , HP Touc
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 93
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Phubu Send a message via Skype™ to Phubu vlnmbooking@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3084 View Post
make sure the check sums match to ensure a proper file transfer. my CWM is only version 4.something.
im gonna redownload the zip again and verify the sum.
Phubu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,717
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubu View Post
im gonna redownload the zip again and verify the sum.

I don't have a md5 sum posted.... I guess I'll have to start doing that today..
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
AndyOpie150 (May 16th, 2012)
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

What browser are you using to download?
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Phubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, Fl.
Gender: Male
Posts: 452
 
Device(s): Current: LG Optimus L9 P769, LG Optimus M, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei Ascend , LG Motion 4G , HP Touc
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 93
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Phubu Send a message via Skype™ to Phubu vlnmbooking@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
What browser are you using to download?
Chrome on the desktop but about to try firefox on the laptop.
Phubu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 525
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M - CM 7.1.01-BobZHome LG Motion 4g - Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Its probably a browser issue.
pmb116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Phubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami, Fl.
Gender: Male
Posts: 452
 
Device(s): Current: LG Optimus L9 P769, LG Optimus M, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei Ascend , LG Motion 4G , HP Touc
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 93
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Phubu Send a message via Skype™ to Phubu vlnmbooking@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb116 View Post
Its probably a browser issue.
nah im probably thinking is the wireless connection, im on someone's open network but i know for a fact the person is not close by. So zips must be getting corrupted while downloading.

Note:
So far i have been able to flash every rom here except Playfulgod's CM7, its weird i just dl'ed 2 roms from the laptop with firefox and they worked so it cant be a connection/signal issue.
Phubu is offline  
Last edited by Phubu; May 16th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
AndyOpie150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,625
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V/LG Optimus L70
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,062
Thanked 1,526 Times in 1,171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubu View Post
nah im probably thinking is the wireless connection, im on someone's open network but i know for a fact the person is not close by. So zips must be getting corrupted while downloading.

Note:
So far i have been able to flash every rom here except Playfulgod's CM7, its weird i just dl'ed 2 roms from the laptop with firefox and they worked so it cant be a connection/signal issue.
It might be a server issue?
AndyOpie150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.