Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Optimus M - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 21
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Programming Code

After switching to another carrier and losing track of my Optimus, I've decided to activate again, as it will be my working phone.

Before switching carriers, I was on the [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard.

I took it to the PCS store to get it re-activated but the person couldn't access the programming menu.

I used to work there and If i'm not mistaken, the code was ##587846#.

Can anyone help me figure it out?

Thanks!!

alvar0_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,075
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,071
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvar0_ View Post
After switching to another carrier and losing track of my Optimus, I've decided to activate again, as it will be my working phone.

Before switching carriers, I was on the [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard.

I took it to the PCS store to get it re-activated but the person couldn't access the programming menu.

I used to work there and If i'm not mistaken, the code was ##587846#.

Can anyone help me figure it out?

Thanks!!

The CM7 ROM's don't have the programming hidden menus. In order to do it, you'll have to flash a semi-stock ROM like the titan ROM or Kelso's ROM. Those two still have the stock hidden menus for service programming. After you have it reactivated, then you can put the CM7 back on.
alfick3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,349
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,403 Posts
Default

Alfick3 is correct. CM7 doesn't have hidden menus.
__________________
With some reading of threads and asking questions, newbies become experts.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 21
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks guys! I updated to the Titan ROM only to find it was 2.2.2 and I lost my recovery. I really don't want to mess with the recoveries and re-rooting again so Im just going to leave it as is.

Thanks once again
alvar0_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,075
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,071
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvar0_ View Post
Thanks guys! I updated to the Titan ROM only to find it was 2.2.2 and I lost my recovery. I really don't want to mess with the recoveries and re-rooting again so Im just going to leave it as is.

Thanks once again

You can't loose the recovery just by flashing a ROM. Even by going from CM7 (2.3.x) to Titan ROM (2.2.x). I have gone back and forth several times and not lost my recovery. The recovery is independent of flashing a ROM.
alfick3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 21
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
You can't loose the recovery just by flashing a ROM. Even by going from CM7 (2.3.x) to Titan ROM (2.2.x). I have gone back and forth several times and not lost my recovery. The recovery is independent of flashing a ROM.
That's what I thought as well.

I was running joneidy custom recovery. I can't seem to boot into the recovery anymore (vol down, home, power)..

Edit: My bad I was pushing vol up,.. thx lol.

I remember when I was on top of flashing everything for my optimus before. I seem to have forgotten everything
alvar0_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,546
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts
Default

Hey, I moved this to the All Things Root section. Thanks for understanding.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines
Got some help? Hit Thanks!
See something you like? Hit Like!
See something you hate? Hit Report!
AntimonyER is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,349
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,403 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvar0_ View Post
That's what I thought as well.

I was running joneidy custom recovery. I can't seem to boot into the recovery anymore (vol down, home, power)..

Edit: My bad I was pushing vol up,.. thx lol.

I remember when I was on top of flashing everything for my optimus before. I seem to have forgotten everything
Why are you using joneidy custom recovery? A lot of ROMs won't work properly with it....
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 21
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Why are you using joneidy custom recovery? A lot of ROMs won't work properly with it....
It's what I was running before I upgraded my phone. I was running Joneidy Sense Rom prior to flashing CM7.1.

Days later i changed my phone. I've been out of touch with everything for the Optimus
alvar0_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
LG Whiz Kid
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,349
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus L9
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,083
Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,403 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvar0_ View Post
It's what I was running before I upgraded my phone. I was running Joneidy Sense Rom prior to flashing CM7.1.

Days later i changed my phone. I've been out of touch with everything for the Optimus

Well here's what you should know:
1) ROM Manager works with our phones, Flash CWM with it, choose Optimus C from the list of phones, make sure you're on wifi.

2) CWM uses camera to select. If all you see is the CWM logo, press POWER button.

3) 2.2.2 update is rootable, upgrade to that to take out reboot problems/slowness.

4) A way to boost 3G speeds has been found, go to the main section to find the guide. Root is not needed for it to work.
sammyz is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.