Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Optimus M - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
nailzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 438
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 SCHR530, Hisense Sero 7 Pro (root)
Carrier: metroPCS

Thanks: 30
Thanked 64 Times in 51 Posts
Default I Did A Bad Bad Thing!

Last Friday I was messing with my Optimus M. Not thinking, obviously, I updated from Android 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. Doing that my rooted phone became unrooted.
I let Gingerbreak 1.20 run 4 hours with no success.
My old Optimus M is used for Google Voice. Everything works but the battery life sucks greatly. What was from 100% to 85% with wifi running for 12 hours rooted now is 100% to about 40% for the same time period.
Any help getting root again would be appreciated !

nailzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailzer View Post
Last Friday I was messing with my Optimus M. Not thinking, obviously, I updated from Android 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. Doing that my rooted phone became unrooted.
I let Gingerbreak 1.20 run 4 hours with no success.
My old Optimus M is used for Google Voice. Everything works but the battery life sucks greatly. What was from 100% to 85% with wifi running for 12 hours rooted now is 100% to about 40% for the same time period.
Any help getting root again would be appreciated !
There is a thread for rooting 2.2.2. I thought I still had it in my subscribed threads but don't, so I can't readily provide a link to it. It was a one-click method though, so really easy. Maybe Sammyz has it, or knows where to direct you. He's still pretty active with the OM. Since my two have both died (both had screens that went dead and couldn't be ready anymore) I cleared out a lot of my older subscriptions. I kept some just out of interest. If you find it, or if someone else posts it, maybe I'll resubscribe so I'll have it again if another such instance comes up again.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
nailzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 438
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 SCHR530, Hisense Sero 7 Pro (root)
Carrier: metroPCS

Thanks: 30
Thanked 64 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
There is a thread for rooting 2.2.2. I thought I still had it in my subscribed threads but don't, so I can't readily provide a link to it. It was a one-click method though, so really easy. Maybe Sammyz has it, or knows where to direct you. He's still pretty active with the OM. Since my two have both died (both had screens that went dead and couldn't be ready anymore) I cleared out a lot of my older subscriptions. I kept some just out of interest. If you find it, or if someone else posts it, maybe I'll resubscribe so I'll have it again if another such instance comes up again.
FOUND IT! THANK YOU!!!!!
I'm ROOTED!! It took about a minute. Titanium Backup is working so I'm good again!
Here's the address if anyone else needs it.

[ROOT KIT] OPTIMUS M 2.2.2 (Dummy-proof-3-click)
nailzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailzer View Post
FOUND IT! THANK YOU!!!!!
I'm ROOTED!! It took about a minute. Titanium Backup is working so I'm good again!
Here's the address if anyone else needs it.

[ROOT KIT] OPTIMUS M 2.2.2 (Dummy-proof-3-click)
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. Glad you found it.
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M > Optimus M - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.