Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus S > Optimus S - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can the LG Optimus S be flashed to Metro PCS?

Hello,

Forgive me as i am new to this but i purchased a phone from someone who told me that this phone was flashed to Metro PCS. Can anyone tell me if this phone can be flashed and if so with what? Thanks.

Advertisements
Kentenyc!22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): LG Optimus S Samsung Moment Touch Pro 1 Diamond
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentenyc!22 View Post
Hello,

Forgive me as i am new to this but i purchased a phone from someone who told me that this phone was flashed to Metro PCS. Can anyone tell me if this phone can be flashed and if so with what? Thanks.
i don't know about flashing it to metro but i don't see why not. i know alot of phones (android included) can easily be flashed to metro. i have not heard of anyone doing it with this specific device yet though.

i do know that metro has their own optimus (LG Optimus M).
hamagc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 404
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 99 Times in 61 Posts
Default

If you haven't already I'd recommend checking the metro pcs sub-forum on howardforums. There's a post there by someone asking the same thing... sounds like it might be a pain since the LG Ally (which is similar) wouldn't hold a flash due to the values stored in nv ram being reset upon phone reboot.

Since metro pcs offers their own optimus I think I'd sell the one you've got an pick up the carrier version. That way you know it will work, now and in the future.
apinkel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It can be flashed but not all MetroPCS locations will be able to do it. I bought my Optimus directly from MetroPCS but while I was there, another service agent was flashing two other phones to MetroPCS, one was the Optimus and she also commented that just buying theirs is "soooo much easier."
SuperDaveP270 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
asadullah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: casselberry
Posts: 448
 
Device(s): Sprint Hero, Optimus v, lg marquee, nexus s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 251 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Yeah it can be flashed to metropcs. For the most part you can do it yourself except you gotta have your esn added to the metro data base. Honestly if you've been using android at all for awhile I would not suggest metro 2g data speeds suck.
asadullah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
andyo70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Glassboro, NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 538
 
Device(s): Curtis LT7035-J
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 174 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
If you haven't already I'd recommend checking the metro pcs sub-forum on howardforums. There's a post there by someone asking the same thing... sounds like it might be a pain since the LG Ally (which is similar) wouldn't hold a flash due to the values stored in nv ram being reset upon phone reboot.

Since metro pcs offers their own optimus I think I'd sell the one you've got an pick up the carrier version. That way you know it will work, now and in the future.
I noticed that post too. There's some fool that posted to that thread named elisa191 trying to sell a tutorial on how to do this. She/he is the same moron that lambasted me on cdmaguru's on the downgrade solution I posted here: Ok who wants to downgrade? (Pssst...look here if you do) LOL!

Her/him and many others on cdmaguru's are interested in one thing only, your money. They seem to have been warned on howardforums about attempting to sell a tutorial.
andyo70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 404
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 99 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo70 View Post
I noticed that post too. There's some fool that posted to that thread named elisa191 trying to sell a tutorial on how to do this. She/he is the same moron that lambasted me on cdmaguru's on the downgrade solution I posted here: Ok who wants to downgrade? (Pssst...look here if you do) LOL!

Her/him and many others on cdmaguru's are interested in one thing only, your money. They seem to have been warned on howardforums about attempting to sell a tutorial.
Yes. That's been my experience with most folks involved with the flashing scene, including a few folks in some of the retail stores.

I tried out cricket because of their prices and the fact that I enjoy the technical challenge of flashing my phone... I eventually found a decent tutorial for the phone I had (a droid x) but I found it just not to be worth the hassle.
apinkel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentenyc!22 View Post
Hello,

Forgive me as i am new to this but i purchased a phone from someone who told me that this phone was flashed to Metro PCS. Can anyone tell me if this phone can be flashed and if so with what? Thanks.

Another thing is the 3G. They might have a hard time getting 3G to work. I tried ESN repair on Sprint with Sprint Optoims S and still trying to work on 3G. I posted this LG Optimus S 3G Problems after ESN....how? and hopefully somebody knows how.
thecow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
un1ocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 70
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

it's a real pain to get the 3G worked, who wants to "donate" some clues?
un1ocked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I got the LG Optimus S on MetroPCS with call,text,web & apps, only thing I am missing is MMS. Still looking for a solution.
m4f1050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default lost:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
I got the LG Optimus S on MetroPCS with call,text,web & apps, only thing I am missing is MMS. Still looking for a solution.
hello i have an optimus s i have qpst and cdma workshop i just need to know what to do from here i will make a paypal donation to any help i get that works. please and thank you , luis.celis93@gmail.com
traxx234 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx234 View Post
hello i have an optimus s i have qpst and cdma workshop i just need to know what to do from here i will make a paypal donation to any help i get that works. please and thank you , luis.celis93@gmail.com
Write all 00's to NVitem 39939 (hex 9C03) and try again, let me know if it works for you.

EDIT: For MMS use this fix:
m4f1050 is offline  
Last edited by m4f1050; July 18th, 2011 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by un1ocked View Post
it's a real pain to get the 3G worked, who wants to "donate" some clues?
yah i flash my optimus s to metropcs and now every thing is worked fine but for some portabel hotspot no trunning on its says error.but i got 3g on optimus s.if u need info pm me
asifali418 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus S > Optimus S - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.