Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus V > Optimus V - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree77Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #1801 (permalink)
rockstar
 
benslgdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magrathea
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,567
 
Device(s): 1 optimus v running cold as ice with blarfs recovery and s2e, 2 Optimus v running backside rom with
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 933
Thanked 857 Times in 560 Posts
Default

I've always had to do ext4

benslgdroid is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #1802 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 88
 
Device(s): Sprint SGS4 HTC EVO V 4G (Retired); Nexus 7 16GB; Asus TF300T
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 35
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

So, since I'm running on very little sleep and am at work in a highly caffeinated state, I just want to make sure I have the update process right since I am running Link2SD:

---Updating from a previous BACKside-IHO build

1) Download the newest build, and GreenMachineTheme zip if you like, and place them on your sdcard

2) Boot into recovery and make a backup (imho, not optional )

3) Wipe cache and Dalvik cache

4) Flash the BACKside-IHO zip file

5) Flash the GreenMachineTheme (optional)

6) Flash gapps (hopefully not necessary anymore, ymmv)

7) Reboot

8) Install Link2SD; Go to Menu Button -> Select "More" -> Select "Recreate mount scripts" then reboot

9) Pray, Cross Fingers, Rub Lucky Rabbit's Foot, etc.....

10) Reboot and Enjoy!

Is that the gist of it? Also, is flashing gapps still necessary? Thanks, all!
SoulDroid1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #1803 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

No, you shouldn't need to flash gapps anymore. I worked out the signing issue a few builds back.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #1804 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFett View Post
Jerry, today I tested the MMS thing a little. My wife sent me 2 pictures and I never received them. I had her resend one of them and again nothing.

At lunch I did a restore of my stock backup from 9202011 and was able to get the picture message from her almost instantly. When I made my stock backup I was running Link2SD (an am no longer) so I have virtually no apps able to be used (including market, root explorer and GO SMS) and am unsure how to get them back onto the phone. I guess I could do a factory reset from recovery and then reroot et al.

After I did a restore, I tried again to get an MMS from my wife and still couldn't.

The main difference between the two is GO SMS and right now I can't get GO SMS onto the stock. I did load the stock messaging app in the BACKside and didn't get anything that way.
I'm assuming you've made a nandroid of your current setup, done a complete wipe and format of boot system data and cache, and reflashed the ROM and gapps, rebooted, signed in, synced, and then attempted to get MMS to work?

If that's the case, please give me a logcat while attempting to use MMS (have your wife send you an MMS, and send to yourself both and SMS and an MMS), and a dmesg at bootup.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #1805 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 88
 
Device(s): Sprint SGS4 HTC EVO V 4G (Retired); Nexus 7 16GB; Asus TF300T
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 35
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
No, you shouldn't need to flash gapps anymore. I worked out the signing issue a few builds back.
Sweet! Flashing the new version now!
SoulDroid1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #1806 (permalink)
Member
 
exProphecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Optimus V / Retired Triumph / Retired Epic 4G Touch / CM10.1 Wild for the Night or SlimBean
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Just FYI if anyone wants themed versions (including an Ice Cream Sandwich theme) of Swype I found it here: DA Swypes DJDarkKnight ^_^
exProphecy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to exProphecy For This Useful Post:
Kirurus (November 14th, 2011)
Old November 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #1807 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Samsung Exhibit II 4G, LG Optimus V w/ BACKside
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
Just FYI if anyone wants themed versions (including an Ice Cream Sandwich theme) of Swype I found it here: DA Swypes DJDarkKnight ^_^
Very nice just downloaded it now!!! Its bright haha XD
drfreeman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #1808 (permalink)
Member
 
djthebogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 179
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V (CM7) BACKside IHO, latest build.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Default

one problem i have thats been happening with all of the builds i have tried thus far, is that when i tap my power button to turn off the screen, very often it shuts off the screen for just a second and turns back on. So to turn off my screen and keep it off, sometimes i have to push the button a few times. Also when the screen is off and i go to turn it on, sometimes the hardkeys or whatever light up and the screen doesn't, so i have to wait a few seconds for the screen to come on or keep pushing the button till it corrects its self. Any ideas to what may be causing this?
djthebogan is offline  
Last edited by djthebogan; November 13th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #1809 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MacFett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sietch Tabr
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,144
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (CM 10.1 RC4) & ASUS Eee Transformer (Revolver ROM)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 357
Thanked 718 Times in 544 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthebogan View Post
one problem i have thats been happening with all of the builds i have tried thus far, is that when i tap my power button to turn off the screen, very often it shuts off the screen for just a second and turns back on. So to turn off my screen and keep it off, sometimes i have to push the button a few times.
This happened to me with one of the builds I flashed back in September, but only when using the flashlight app I have.
__________________
Sign up for dropbox and we each get a bonus 500megs

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind," H.P. Lovecraft 1890-1937
MacFett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #1810 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sequatchie County, Tn.
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
I just tried following those steps and I keep getting this error message in link2sd. I'm not sure how to fix it. The 2nd partition on my sd card is fat32. I tried unmounting and remounting the sd card. Didn't help.

I restored my backup of the 10/17 build for now.

ok, i'm updating Bob Z's new rom as we "speak" so i'll give you link2sd play by play.
i back up Jerry's latest and do a complete wipe
restore the last bob z from back=up
reboot/ recovery wipe cache and dalvic cache only
flash the new bobz zip
reboot and wait for the link2sd "mount warning" in the notifications bar
when i press this i get mount warning notification, ignore this DON'T quick reboot
i hit the return key am on the link2sd page
press menu, press "more", press "recreate mount scripts"
"select file sys." comes up. if you are FAT32 press it and press ok
it says "restart your phone" so press ok and reboot
waiting, waiting
phone comes on grooveip and lookout self-activate and all the link2sd
apps are back
norwoodsteel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norwoodsteel For This Useful Post:
83thomas (November 13th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #1811 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MacFett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sietch Tabr
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,144
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (CM 10.1 RC4) & ASUS Eee Transformer (Revolver ROM)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 357
Thanked 718 Times in 544 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
I'm assuming you've made a nandroid of your current setup, done a complete wipe and format of boot system data and cache, and reflashed the ROM and gapps, rebooted, signed in, synced, and then attempted to get MMS to work?
This build, no I have not. I did after the 1017 build I believe it was. Usually every other build or so. I will do so tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
If that's the case, please give me a logcat while attempting to use MMS (have your wife send you an MMS, and send to yourself both and SMS and an MMS), and a dmesg at bootup.
Unsure of a logcat and a dmesg. I can and will do both, but do not know how.
MacFett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #1812 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
83thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodsteel View Post
ok, i'm updating Bob Z's new rom as we "speak" so i'll give you link2sd play by play.
i back up Jerry's latest and do a complete wipe
restore the last bob z from back=up
reboot/ recovery wipe cache and dalvic cache only
flash the new bobz zip
reboot and wait for the link2sd "mount warning" in the notifications bar
when i press this i get mount warning notification, ignore this DON'T quick reboot
i hit the return key am on the link2sd page
press menu, press "more", press "recreate mount scripts"
"select file sys." comes up. if you are FAT32 press it and press ok
it says "restart your phone" so press ok and reboot
waiting, waiting
phone comes on grooveip and lookout self-activate and all the link2sd
apps are back
I got it to work. I did everything exactly the same way as I did last time, except I had it in airplane mode. That probably didn't do anything to help, but it worked for some reason.

NICE work on the update checker app. Works great. For some reason, it doesn't detect that I have the latest version installed (still says update is available), but it's a great start.
83thomas is offline  
Last edited by 83thomas; November 13th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #1813 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthebogan View Post
one problem i have thats been happening with all of the builds i have tried thus far, is that when i tap my power button to turn off the screen, very often it shuts off the screen for just a second and turns back on. So to turn off my screen and keep it off, sometimes i have to push the button a few times. Also when the screen is off and i go to turn it on, sometimes the hardkeys or whatever light up and the screen doesn't, so i have to wait a few seconds for the screen to come on or keep pushing the button till it corrects its self. Any ideas to what may be causing this?
What you are describing mostly sounds like proper behavior. There is a delay that must be reached after turning the screen off before it should turn back on. This is to keep the screen from coming on when you put it in your pocket right after pressing the power button to turn the screen off.

However, the non-proper behavior you describe could be due to background processes lagging at that moment.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #1814 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFett View Post
This build, no I have not. I did after the 1017 build I believe it was. Usually every other build or so. I will do so tonight.


Unsure of a logcat and a dmesg. I can and will do both, but do not know how.
To grab the dmesg, open terminal and type in:
Code:
su
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
The dmesg output will be done in about 5 seconds.


To grab the logcat, open terminal and type in:
Code:
su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
Then try to do whatever is giving you an issue, then once the bug has happened, go back into terminal, open the keyboard, and hold the volume down button and tap the letter "c" on the keyboard (this is cntrl+c).

Upload the output of both to pastebin.com and then post the links here.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #1815 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
NICE work on the update checker app. Works great. For some reason, it doesn't detect that I have the latest version installed (still says update is available), but it's a great start.
The update checker has a really stupid bug in it, I put a ">" when I should have used a "<" to check the dates. I'll have it fixed in the next build.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #1816 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Samsung Exhibit II 4G, LG Optimus V w/ BACKside
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
The update checker has a really stupid bug in it, I put a ">" when I should have used a "<" to check the dates. I'll have it fixed in the next build.
So the update checker is to check if there's an update for the ROM? I was slightly confused when I saw a new icon in my app drawer haha
drfreeman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1817 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Yes, it's my first attempt at this type of app. I hope to extend it to include an option to receive update notifications in your status bar. This will be optional since it will use a bit more battery, though I only plan to have it check for updates once a day, so any battery drain shouldn't be too noticeable.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #1818 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MacFett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sietch Tabr
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,144
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (CM 10.1 RC4) & ASUS Eee Transformer (Revolver ROM)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 357
Thanked 718 Times in 544 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
To grab the dmesg, open terminal and type in:
I did the full wipe of everything and everything is working currently. If that changes I will post the logs. Although I'm not sure what kind of log I'd get from not receiving an MMS.
MacFett is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacFett For This Useful Post:
JerryScript (November 14th, 2011)
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #1819 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Samsung Exhibit II 4G, LG Optimus V w/ BACKside
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
Yes, it's my first attempt at this type of app. I hope to extend it to include an option to receive update notifications in your status bar. This will be optional since it will use a bit more battery, though I only plan to have it check for updates once a day, so any battery drain shouldn't be too noticeable.
Ahh ok that's good including the option to turn off notifications, though very handy to have if you happen to not look on here often!
drfreeman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #1820 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Optimus v backside
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

In the cyanogenmod settings under system where you can register for push notifications of updates, I was never able to register before but with this build it registered. I'm assuming from what you just said that it wont actually work - but I'm still half expecting it to whe the new build's up. Guess ill find out haha
MisterJoseph is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:01 AM   #1821 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFett View Post
I did the full wipe of everything and everything is working currently. If that changes I will post the logs. Although I'm not sure what kind of log I'd get from not receiving an MMS.
Glad it's working for you again. It's a pita to have to do that, but it's the only solution when you get corruption in certain parts of the system.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #1822 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MacFett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sietch Tabr
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,144
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (CM 10.1 RC4) & ASUS Eee Transformer (Revolver ROM)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 357
Thanked 718 Times in 544 Posts
Default

Everytime I flash the ROM, be it fresh or over the previous build I have the issue with the 01mvdalvik. Can you explain this problem Jerry? Or is there a link to somewhere that it is already explained?

I can't restore/install any google apps until I delete this file, but it hasn't always been this way for me. Is this file there from something I am doing wrong or different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
Glad it's working for you again. It's a pita to have to do that, but it's the only solution when you get corruption in certain parts of the system.
It isn't that bad. Just glad it is working again. This was a much more thorough wiping than I normally give when I do a fresh install. I'll make sure I clear everything like this next time I do a wipe.
MacFett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #1823 (permalink)
Member
 
djthebogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 179
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V (CM7) BACKside IHO, latest build.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
What you are describing mostly sounds like proper behavior. There is a delay that must be reached after turning the screen off before it should turn back on. This is to keep the screen from coming on when you put it in your pocket right after pressing the power button to turn the screen off.

However, the non-proper behavior you describe could be due to background processes lagging at that moment.

I just want the screen to turn off when I push the button and turn on when I push the button once. Is there a way to do this. Its just annoying when it wont turn off or on

I think it may have just been the timeout and delay settings
djthebogan is offline  
Last edited by djthebogan; November 14th, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #1824 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Jerry,

Am finally home from vacation and was able to flash your latest build (the Market auto updated itself, so I have the latest version of that now). The new build is awesome as always... thanks for all the work you've put into it! I have some questions if that's ok.

I was playing with the screens Power widget for the first time today, and I noticed that there is a Flashlight option. It works great on the screen widget, but I cannot set this for the notification widget. The only option for a Flashlight with the notification bar seems to be for the LED thingy. Is it possible add the same Flashlight option in the Power widget to the notification bar widget options?

The notification widgets go across the screen, and if you have more than what will fit then there is a slider, which is great. Is it possible to add an option to make it to where if there is more than 5 it will add the rest underneath and auto center them (center as in center on top, not mid way down hehe)? This would make for a nice additional option, so that others who like it the way it is can keep it that way.

This probably won't be popular, but I want to ask anyways. Can you add an option to set a notification sound for when 3G goes out and also when it comes back on? Of course, an option to either use it or not use it would be great since some people probably would not want this. The reason I ask is because during my vacation 3G kept going in and out. I lost 3G for several days at a time, and it sucked picking up the phone to check for 3G every few hours.

I too do not seem to have the other version of Music. Flashed twice just to make sure, and also checked the apps I have hidden in Launcher Pro to see if it was there. I did not flash gapps this time though. Could that be the reason it's missing? (I bet I'm missing a post with the solution, but I can't find it lol.)

Once again, thanks for all of the work you put into this rom. I tried some others and they simply do not compare. I very much enjoy using it!
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy
Agree with a post? Hit Like! Someone help you? Hit Thanks!
See a naughty post or a thread in the wrong area? Hit Report!
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #1825 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
83thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

For some reason, the ringer button in the notifications screen isn't working. The button is stuck on ringer / no vibrate. Do I have to do a clean rom install to fix this?

83thomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #1826 (permalink)
rockstar
 
benslgdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magrathea
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,567
 
Device(s): 1 optimus v running cold as ice with blarfs recovery and s2e, 2 Optimus v running backside rom with
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 933
Thanked 857 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
For some reason, the ringer button in the notifications screen isn't working. The button is stuck on ringer / no vibrate. Do I have to do a clean rom install to fix this?


Did you set what it does under the settings
benslgdroid is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to benslgdroid For This Useful Post:
83thomas (November 14th, 2011)
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #1827 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
83thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benslgdroid View Post
Did you set what it does under the settings
Ah. I see there are more options now. I had to go to Settings -> Cyanogenmod Settings -> Interface -> Notification Power Widget -> Widget Buttons -> Sound Modes.

All of the sound modes were turned off, so the button did nothing.

It's awesome that you can customize all of the buttons now.
83thomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #1828 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Does anyone use the Theme Chooser app? I've been messing around with it and whenever I apply a different theme through the app, the notification bar is all black. Any fix for this?
13oilerUp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #1829 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
Jerry,

Am finally home from vacation and was able to flash your latest build (the Market auto updated itself, so I have the latest version of that now). The new build is awesome as always... thanks for all the work you've put into it! I have some questions if that's ok.

I was playing with the screens Power widget for the first time today, and I noticed that there is a Flashlight option. It works great on the screen widget, but I cannot set this for the notification widget. The only option for a Flashlight with the notification bar seems to be for the LED thingy. Is it possible add the same Flashlight option in the Power widget to the notification bar widget options?

The notification widgets go across the screen, and if you have more than what will fit then there is a slider, which is great. Is it possible to add an option to make it to where if there is more than 5 it will add the rest underneath and auto center them (center as in center on top, not mid way down hehe)? This would make for a nice additional option, so that others who like it the way it is can keep it that way.

This probably won't be popular, but I want to ask anyways. Can you add an option to set a notification sound for when 3G goes out and also when it comes back on? Of course, an option to either use it or not use it would be great since some people probably would not want this. The reason I ask is because during my vacation 3G kept going in and out. I lost 3G for several days at a time, and it sucked picking up the phone to check for 3G every few hours.

I too do not seem to have the other version of Music. Flashed twice just to make sure, and also checked the apps I have hidden in Launcher Pro to see if it was there. I did not flash gapps this time though. Could that be the reason it's missing? (I bet I'm missing a post with the solution, but I can't find it lol.)

Once again, thanks for all of the work you put into this rom. I tried some others and they simply do not compare. I very much enjoy using it!
The type of modifications you ask about are pretty extensive, and wouldn't be easy to accomplish. The notification power control widget is not something I would want to alter.

I'll look into a 3g notification sound, but no promises.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryScript For This Useful Post:
Petrah (November 14th, 2011)
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #1830 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
83thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I think I might have found a bug.

I turned on the brightness widget and had "auto" as one of the selected options. I cycled through it, and now it is stuck in auto mode. Even when picking one of the brightness percentage options, it's still stuck in auto mode.

The status bar brightness menu option says "automatic brightness enabled", and there is no way to disable auto mode. The menu item is greyed out and can not be turned on. I use the status bar brightness control all the time... I need this to work again! haha

83thomas is offline  
Last edited by 83thomas; November 14th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #1831 (permalink)
G19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 648
 
Device(s): HTC evo v 4g running CM9, Toshiba Thrive 10"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 205
Thanked 102 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13oilerUp View Post
Does anyone use the Theme Chooser app? I've been messing around with it and whenever I apply a different theme through the app, the notification bar is all black. Any fix for this?
Are you rebooting the phone? Mine does this until I reboot the phone.
G19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #1832 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I tried rebooting and it just went back to the default theme. I did notice that when I install something the notification bar suddenly appears and all is well. So I'm not sure what the issue is but at least I found out a way around it.
13oilerUp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1833 (permalink)
G19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 648
 
Device(s): HTC evo v 4g running CM9, Toshiba Thrive 10"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 205
Thanked 102 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13oilerUp View Post
I tried rebooting and it just went back to the default theme. I did notice that when I install something the notification bar suddenly appears and all is well. So I'm not sure what the issue is but at least I found out a way around it.
You're not moving the themes to the sd card are you? They must be installed to the phone.
G19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G19 For This Useful Post:
13oilerUp (November 14th, 2011)
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #1834 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Samsung Exhibit II 4G, LG Optimus V w/ BACKside
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13oilerUp View Post
I tried rebooting and it just went back to the default theme. I did notice that when I install something the notification bar suddenly appears and all is well. So I'm not sure what the issue is but at least I found out a way around it.
Yeah this happens. You need something to happen, whether it be a notification or rebooting your phone, for the notification bar to work again.

And you really should reboot your phone after you apply the theme. Don't move the theme to the SD Card either, it needs to be on the phone itself. The reason it isn't booting to it is because once the phone turns on, it hasn't yet read the SD Card, ie. Preparing SD Card notification at boot up.
drfreeman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #1835 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
83thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
I think I might have found a bug.

I turned on the brightness widget and had "auto" as one of the selected options. I cycled through it, and now it is stuck in auto mode. Even when picking one of the brightness percentage options, it's still stuck in auto mode.

The status bar brightness menu option says "automatic brightness enabled", and there is no way to disable auto mode. The menu item is greyed out and can not be turned on. I use the status bar brightness control all the time... I need this to work again! haha

I looked everywhere and couldn't find a way to disable auto brightness. I got an app called Brightness Level to turn it off.

The status bar brightness feature works perfectly now.
83thomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 83thomas For This Useful Post:
weddle (November 14th, 2011)
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #1836 (permalink)
Member
 
weddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 368
 
Device(s): nexus 4 (rooted, stock)
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 118
Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
I looked everywhere and couldn't find a way to disable auto brightness. I got an app called Brightness Level to turn it off.

The status bar brightness feature works perfectly now.

I am having the exact same problem still. I'm definitely going to download that app so I can fix it lol. Thanks!
__________________
Free 250mb on dropbox with this referral! http://db.tt/Bay6khnu
weddle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #1837 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 88
 
Device(s): Sprint SGS4 HTC EVO V 4G (Retired); Nexus 7 16GB; Asus TF300T
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 35
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
For some reason, the ringer button in the notifications screen isn't working. The button is stuck on ringer / no vibrate. Do I have to do a clean rom install to fix this?

I had this exact problem on this build and the one before. I didn't realized the options need to be set on just this one button.

CyanogenMod settings > Interface > Notification power widget

Go all the way to the bottom and choose "Widget buttons". Again, go all the way to the bottom and this time choose "Sound modes". I have all 4 options checked.

Hope this helps!

Edit: wrong screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot-1321336253043.JPG (23.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot-1321336533271.JPG (23.9 KB, 3 views)
SoulDroid1 is offline  
Last edited by SoulDroid1; November 14th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #1838 (permalink)
Member
 
exProphecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Optimus V / Retired Triumph / Retired Epic 4G Touch / CM10.1 Wild for the Night or SlimBean
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Just wondering.. Since there's a sleep policy on WiFi, is there a way to make a sleep policy for 3G as well? So when the screen turns off, WiFi AND 3G would turn off? That would be suhhhweeeeeeeet on battery life right? haha XD
exProphecy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:16 AM   #1839 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
Just wondering.. Since there's a sleep policy on WiFi, is there a way to make a sleep policy for 3G as well? So when the screen turns off, WiFi AND 3G would turn off? That would be suhhhweeeeeeeet on battery life right? haha XD
You may as well use airplane mode.
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #1840 (permalink)
rockstar
 
benslgdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magrathea
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,567
 
Device(s): 1 optimus v running cold as ice with blarfs recovery and s2e, 2 Optimus v running backside rom with
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 933
Thanked 857 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Just wondering.. Since there's a sleep policy on WiFi, is there a way to make a sleep policy for 3G as well? So when the screen turns off, WiFi AND 3G would turn off? That would be suhhhweeeeeeeet on battery life right? haha XD[/COLOR]

I just keep a button for it in the power widget
benslgdroid is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #1841 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13oilerUp View Post
Does anyone use the Theme Chooser app? I've been messing around with it and whenever I apply a different theme through the app, the notification bar is all black. Any fix for this?
Out of all of the themes I've tried, the MIUI Theme for CM7 is the only one that doesn't do this. I've no idea what it is that Kamil did differently in his theme, but it applies just like it's supposed to. No reboots needed.
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #1842 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Samsung Exhibit II 4G, LG Optimus V w/ BACKside
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
Out of all of the themes I've tried, the MIUI Theme for CM7 is the only one that doesn't do this. I've no idea what it is that Kamil did differently in his theme, but it applies just like it's supposed to. No reboots needed.
Hrmmm.... This is a very interesting Theme that I want to try now.
drfreeman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #1843 (permalink)
Member
 
exProphecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Optimus V / Retired Triumph / Retired Epic 4G Touch / CM10.1 Wild for the Night or SlimBean
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
You may as well use airplane mode.
But if I put it in Airplane Mode, I wouldn't receive calls or texts right? 3G isn't related to our network calls/texts and is only used for internet purposes correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benslgdroid View Post
I just keep a button for it in the power widget
Yea, so do I but it would be a nice feature if all mobile data in general had a sleep policy like WiFi (excluding turning off the network in order to receive calls+texts). Remember when we had no sleep policy with WiFi and we had to turn it off manually? xD

Just a feature I would like to suggest to improve battery life even further
exProphecy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #1844 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 348
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 123
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
Yea, so do I but it would be a nice feature if all mobile data in general had a sleep policy like WiFi (excluding turning off the network in order to receive calls+texts). Remember when we had no sleep policy with WiFi and we had to turn it off manually? xD

Just a feature I would like to suggest to improve battery life even further
Wait there is already a sleep policy with the WiFi? Where do I find this? This might explain why my WiFi is disconnected randomly when I turn on the screen.
a5pe4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #1845 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Settings, Wireless & Network Settings, WiFi Settings, click the menu button on your phone, tap on Advanced. You'll see it =)

Those Menu's are in the oddest places you never seem to think of checking!
Petrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petrah For This Useful Post:
a5pe4 (November 15th, 2011), MacFett (November 15th, 2011)
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #1846 (permalink)
rockstar
 
benslgdroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magrathea
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,567
 
Device(s): 1 optimus v running cold as ice with blarfs recovery and s2e, 2 Optimus v running backside rom with
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 933
Thanked 857 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
Settings, Wireless &amp; Network Settings, WiFi Settings, click the menu button on your phone, tap on Advanced. You'll see it =)

Those Menu's are in the oddest places you never seem to think of checking!

I'm still finding new settings and I switched to backside soon after it started. The thread was only 3 pages then lol.
benslgdroid is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1847 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
83thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Would it be possible for you to add the changelog to the update checker app? That would be awesome. Right now, it just gets the MediaFire download link, but there isn't an easy way to see what has been changed.

Just an idea...
83thomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 83thomas For This Useful Post:
MacFett (November 15th, 2011), Petrah (November 15th, 2011)
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1848 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, Victorious ROM, LG Optimus V, BACKside-IHO, Coby Kyros 7022-4G, Stock Rooted
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 812
Thanked 2,062 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83thomas View Post
Would it be possible for you to add the changelog to the update checker app? That would be awesome. Right now, it just gets the MediaFire download link, but there isn't an easy way to see what has been changed.

Just an idea...
Just a GOOD idea.

I'll definitely add that!
JerryScript is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerryScript For This Useful Post:
83thomas (November 15th, 2011), MacFett (November 15th, 2011), Petrah (November 15th, 2011)
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #1849 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Samsung s3
Carrier: virgin mobile

Thanks: 20
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

tying to install build 11/09 but it keeps on freezing at the boot animation ... cleared cach and davick cach but keeps on freezing .. any ideas .. ???
oner14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1850 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MacFett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sietch Tabr
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,144
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (CM 10.1 RC4) & ASUS Eee Transformer (Revolver ROM)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 357
Thanked 718 Times in 544 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oner14 View Post
tying to install build 11/09 but it keeps on freezing at the boot animation ... cleared cach and davick cach but keeps on freezing .. any ideas .. ???
Try reflashing the files. If that doesn't work redownload the zips then reflash.
MacFett is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacFett For This Useful Post:
oner14 (November 17th, 2011)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus V > Optimus V - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.