Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question Connecting to the eduroam wifi

Hey, guys. Firstly I'd like to apologise if there's already a forum concerning this topic and particular phone (I did try and find it). I'm having a lot of grief over connecting to the eduroam network at Winchester University.

Basically, the beloved San Francisco II doesn't connect at all. I have been to see the tech guys who couldn't help, and I've tried to do everything possible in completing this task. The Security is something like PEAP and then the long PSXV2 or something, I can type in my username and password just fine, but when I push "Save", it never connects.

I have seen in certain forums that the San Francisco II doesn't like the security of the eduroam network or something. Fantastic finding that out after I bought it. I'm not selling my phone or buying a new one. That is not an option.

However, I went to an wifi spot in the town and connected fine to their free wireless, but I couldn't access the internet or download anything. Google Play loaded just fine, but I couldn't download a thing.

What is wrong with this phone?!

sponsored links
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Eduroam settings

I've successfully connected to our Eduroam with my Wildfire.

I have to use ProxyDroid to activate when I connect to Eduroam as there's no system wide proxy in my CyanogenMod installation. In addition I use the following settings:

EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2: none
CA Cert: Unspecified
Identity: YOURUSERNAME
Anonymous Identity: (empty field)
Password: YOURPASSWORD

Hope that helps a bit
Tags
eduroam, inoperable, not working, san fran, wifi

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2)