July 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
error sending texts to new contact
I have a Star Note i9220 with 4.03 and it is rooted. I am having a problem when trying to send a text to a contact that is not in my conversation list. Here's the scenario:
I create a new contact in contacts app to test the issue.
1. I enter the name: John Doe
2. Then I enter the phone number: 2223334444
The phone number actually displays as (222) 333-4444
3. Then I hit done to save the new contact.
4. Then I open up the default Android messaging app.
5. Then click new message in the lower left hand corner.
6. Then in to To line I start typing the name of the test contact John Doe and select the name of the contact once it pops up
This inserts the following into the To line: John Doe <(222) 333-4444>,
7. I put text in the message line and hit the send button.
An error is displayed that says: Invalid recipient(s): <(222) 333-4444>
Please correct the recipient(s) or they will not receive the message.
8. I have to reformat the number to exactly 222-333-4444 or it will not send. I have to remove the John Doe, < ( ) >
I also have the same issue with any of my existing contacts. However, I wanted to describe the issue by creating a new contact to show there is some default setting formatting the phone number this way as well as inputting it into the To line of the text message app.
I am able to go into an existing contact and edit their phone number to change the format from (222) 333-4444 to 222-333-4444 and then hit done to save. Then when I go into messaging app and type there name it will come up as John Doe <222-333-4444>, in the to line and then the text message goes through.
There seems to be some type of phone number format setting in there that may not be set for the United States. I have looked all over and even tried the MoreLocale 2 app and this didn't work.
Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!