Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > Phandroid Applications

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jackdubl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII(rooted), Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE (rooted), HTC Thunderbolt(rooted/sold), HTC I
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 109 Times in 88 Posts
Default Why does the Phandroid app sometimes give an error when looking at news?

Sometimes once a day or several times a week, I open the Phandroid app and hit the news button...and get the good 'ol white screen with the "error" box showing up. When this happens I will not be able to view the news for several hours sometimes, then it will inexplicably work again. Seems to be happening more lately. Anyone know if anything can be done about this?

Advertisements
jackdubl is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
fyrfyter612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Akron, OH
Gender: Male
Posts: 317
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible (RIP), Incredible 2 (RIP), HTC Rezound (backup phone), Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 41
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Same here...gets annoying. Plus on the main screen there have been 3 features that have said "coming soon"....and that's been like that for over a year I think. There was also talk at one point about a redesigned/updated app..which I see hasn't happened yet.
fyrfyter612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lv 60 Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,521
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,824
Thanked 6,556 Times in 3,950 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdubl View Post
Sometimes once a day or several times a week, I open the Phandroid app and hit the news button...and get the good 'ol white screen with the "error" box showing up. When this happens I will not be able to view the news for several hours sometimes, then it will inexplicably work again. Seems to be happening more lately. Anyone know if anything can be done about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfyter612 View Post
Same here...gets annoying. Plus on the main screen there have been 3 features that have said "coming soon"....and that's been like that for over a year I think. There was also talk at one point about a redesigned/updated app..which I see hasn't happened yet.

Just so you guys know, this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phandroid.droidpress&feature=nav_ot her#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDYsImNvbS5waGFuZHJvaWQuZHJvaWR wcmVzcyJd
Is the phandroid news app now. Development has ceased on the old forum/news app. There will also be a Tapatalk Forum app sometime in near future if I'm not mistaken.

Plus I believe there is plans to make an app that combines the two so you don't need 2 different apps
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NightAngel79 For This Useful Post:
Xyro (November 10th, 2012)
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Air Bender
 
DragonSlayer95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,473
 
Device(s): Moto G, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,538
Thanked 3,334 Times in 2,148 Posts
DragonSlayer8724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
Just so you guys know, this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phandroid.droidpress&feature=nav_ot her#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDYsImNvbS5waGFuZHJvaWQuZHJvaWR wcmVzcyJd
Is the phandroid news app now. Development has ceased on the old forum/news app. There will also be a Tapatalk Forum app sometime in near future if I'm not mistaken.

Plus I believe there is plans to make an app that combines the two so you don't need 2 different apps
Tapatalk app aside from the paid tapatalk 2?
DragonSlayer95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > Phandroid Applications
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.