Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default New face of the Democrats!




You just can't make this stuff up! Liberals in South Carolina voted for Alvin Greene to represent their wonderful core beliefs and values in the senate race as their nominee. The 32 year old Greene is unemployed and lives with his parents.

Liberals are proud to have Greene represent them, complete with his pending felony charges for "disseminating, procuring or promoting obscenity" in Richland County, S.C.

Quote:
The U.S. Senate candidate was captured on video surveillance Nov. 4 trying to show "obscene photographs from a website" to a female victim on the University of South Carolina campus and go to her room without her consent, according to the affidavit.
South Carolina Senate Nominee Refuses to Withdraw Despite Felony Charge - ABC News

Liberals are thrilled to have Alvin Greene on board for other reasons like his being forced out of the U.S. Army last year.

Let's hear it for the liberals and their party of tolerance!

Fenga Papit is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenga Papit For This Useful Post:
ThinkingDroid (September 5th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

You might want to read an adult's newspaper before you post such silliness.
hakr100 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
You might want to read an adult's newspaper before you post such silliness.
Are you claiming this didn't happen? Click the link for ABC News that I posted. Sorry, I couldn't find the kiddie site for you, so just deal.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): Epic 4g Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How disappointing you would post this, get a life, this is for people who use droids, and need help using these devices.. please go some place else to do your soapbox thing. Attention Administrator !
joeboy9132 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
bowerman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboy9132 View Post
How disappointing you would post this, get a life, this is for people who use droids, and need help using these devices.. please go some place else to do your soapbox thing. Attention Administrator !
WRONG! This is the the lounge>Politica and current affairs forum. NO phone help here! If you dont like reading about politics, I would stay away from this part.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ThinkingDroid (September 5th, 2010)
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Are you claiming this didn't happen? Click the link for ABC News that I posted. Sorry, I couldn't find the kiddie site for you, so just deal.
No, I know it happened. But it is an obvious "put-up" job. The guy is a plant. The Repubs have done that previously in South Carolina.

You fell for it.
hakr100 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
No, I know it happened. But it is an obvious "put-up" job. The guy is a plant. The Repubs have done that previously in South Carolina.

You fell for it.
Post your proof this guy is a plant. Or are you just blowing more smoke out of your arse? Face it, the guy is for real and you liberals flocked to him like moths to a flame. No one has ever accused liberals of being very bright!

Greene says he isn't going to drop out either. I hope he doesn't, this is the kind of candidate that is true to those liberal, tolerant values of your party. He did get over 75% of the vote!
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post

Liberals are proud to have Greene represent them, complete with his pending felony charges for "disseminating, procuring or promoting obscenity" in Richland County, S.C.

Liberals are thrilled to have Alvin Greene on board for other reasons like his being forced out of the U.S. Army last year.
LMAO!!! Your rhetoric is ridiculous! How can you say that they are "proud" or "thrilled" to have him when he has been asked by top members in the party to withdraw.

In truth nobody even knows who this person is. He doesn't even seem to know himself lol. There is definatly something strange going on with this.

YouTube - Keith Olbermann Interviews Alvin Greene - 06/10/10
__________________
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed frequently, and for the same reason." -Unknown
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Zenze is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Post your proof this guy is a plant. Or are you just blowing more smoke out of your arse? Face it, the guy is for real and you liberals flocked to him like moths to a flame. No one has ever accused liberals of being very bright!

Perhaps you should run for office in south carolina.
hakr100 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Perhaps you should run for office in south carolina.
Naa he could never beat Jim DeMint, hes very popular here.
Zenze is offline  
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
LMAO!!! Your rhetoric is ridiculous! How can you say that they are "proud" or "thrilled" to have him when he has been asked by top members in the party to withdraw.

In truth nobody even knows who this person is. He doesn't even seem to know himself lol. There is definatly something strange going on with this.
He got more than 75% of the vote. Now that is pride in your candidate! Liberals spout off the number of votes for Oilbama like that proves something, so same thing here. Or are liberals becoming even more hypocritical? (as if that were possible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Perhaps you should run for office in south carolina.
And destroy your dream? I'm not cruel like that. Plus I don't have any criminal record or felony charges...means I'm ineligible! You should be fine, though.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

So much fail...
Crude is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
He got more than 75% of the vote. Now that is pride in your candidate! Liberals spout off the number of votes for Oilbama like that proves something, so same thing here. Or are liberals becoming even more hypocritical? (as if that were possible)
I don't know what you are reading (shutter) but he didn't get 75% of the vote, he got 60%. But yea, keep it up with the arguments that are not based in fact. Any reasonable person can recognize that something strange is going on.
Zenze is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
I don't know what you are reading (shutter) but he didn't get 75% of the vote, he got 60%.
Must be time for your own *Whoopsie daisy!* moment:

Quote:
Greene also racked up a 75 percent or greater margin in one-seventh of all precincts statewide, a mark that Ludwig notes is even difficult for an incumbent to reach.
And it's spelled "shudder."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
But yea, keep it up with the arguments that are not based in fact.
See above! *ouch!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Any reasonable person can recognize that something strange is going on.
He's your candidate. Don't you support him? Is it because Greene is black? Because he is unemployed? Because he lives with his parents? Because he was drummed out of the Army? Because he has felony sex charges pending?

Where is your tolerance? Stop the insanity!
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Must be time for your own *Whoopsie daisy!* moment:
Yea I suck at spelling, always have. Meh

Also, you JUST posted.... he got 75% or more in one seventh of the precincts, that does not equal 75% of the total vote. From your own article:

"...managed to handily defeat Rawl 59 percent to 41 percent."


Also, hes not my candidate. You don't know me or most of my political positions.
Zenze is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Yea I suck at spelling, always have. Meh

Also, you JUST posted.... he got 75% or more in one seventh of the precincts, that does not equal 75% of the total vote. From your own article:

"...managed to handily defeat Rawl 59 percent to 41 percent."
Where did I say 75% of the total vote? I didn't. You have a nasty habit of trying to push your incorrect assumptions onto me. Never works for you or hakr100 though.

And his 75%....I'm praising the best part of what this tremendous face of the liberals achieved, and you want to take that away from him! Is it because Greene is black? Because he is unemployed? Because he lives with his parents? Because he was drummed out of the Army? Because he has felony sex charges pending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Also, hes not my candidate. You don't know me or most of my political positions.
Your posts certainly lean very liberal, making Alvin Greene your candidate you can be proud of! *high five*
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Where did I say 75% of the total vote? I didn't. You have a nasty habit of trying to push your incorrect assumptions onto me. Never works for you or hakr100 though.

And his 75%....I'm praising the best part of what this tremendous face of the liberals achieved, and you want to take that away from him! Is it because Greene is black? Because he is unemployed? Because he lives with his parents? Because he was drummed out of the Army? Because he has felony sex charges pending?

Your posts certainly lean very liberal, making Alvin Greene your candidate you can be proud of! *high five*
ROFL you are hilarious! Seriously!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
He got more than 75% of the vote. Now that is pride in your candidate...
So I'm supposed to interpret that as "in one seventh of the precincts"? Is that really your argument? Hilarious.

In many of the topic that I have been discussing I have taken the "liberal" point of view, but there are more than enough issues were I take the conservative point of view. Anyway I don't really feel the need to defend myself from your assumptions anymore, they are just silly.
Zenze is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 159
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default

hmm...altering or leaving out facts in order to achieve something or make other people believe something that may not be true. sounds awfully familiar...
patch321 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Naa he could never beat Jim DeMint, hes very popular here.

Which says a lot about the republican voters of south carolina.
hakr100 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
So I'm supposed to interpret that as "in one seventh of the precincts"? Is that really your argument? Hilarious.
My statement was factual, you can interpret it any way you want to.

Why don't you answer my questions as to why you seem reluctant to endorse Alvin Greene? Are you a racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
In many of the topic that I have been discussing I have taken the "liberal" point of view, but there are more than enough issues were I take the conservative point of view. Anyway I don't really feel the need to defend myself from your assumptions anymore, they are just silly.
So why aren't you celebrating the esteemed choice of liberals in Alvin Greene? Aren't you proud this man is the new face of your party? Where is that tolerance we hear so much of but don't see?
Fenga Papit is offline  
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
momoceio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,235
 
Device(s): EVO 3d
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 106
Thanked 151 Times in 95 Posts
Default

I don't get the whole Democrat vs Republican crap...anyone who votes one way or another based solely on their party needs to be checked.
__________________
"Come to the dark side, we have androids"

My Online Business Card
My Blog
My Twitter
momoceio is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momoceio For This Useful Post:
ballisticn8 (June 16th, 2010), Crude (June 15th, 2010)
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoceio View Post
I don't get the whole Democrat vs Republican crap...anyone who votes one way or another based solely on their party needs to be checked.
So liberals need to "be checked?" They voted for Alvin Greene, an unknown, because of the "D" beside his name.
Fenga Papit is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenga Papit For This Useful Post:
ThinkingDroid (September 5th, 2010)
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Alvin Greene won the Democratic primary in SC and now the Democratic Party Executive Committee, in a rare bow to democracy and a fair election, has decided not to void the election results. What is still bothersome is the dems actually considered and debated it to begin with. There is much evidence that liberals hate America and our freedoms, and voiding the election results would have been more proof. Somehow they figured that out, probably not on their own.

Still, the dems are considering putting their support behind an independent candidate, probably lesbian Democrat Linda Ketner. Why do liberals hate Alvin Greene and display such hostility towards him? They have questioned his mental capacity and tried to discredit him.

Democrat Rep. Jim Clyburn, a proven liar, still blames Republicans!
Fenga Papit is offline  
Last edited by Slug; June 19th, 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Unneccessary animated GIF
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Fenga, Fenga why don't you stick your Fenga where the sun don't shine. I am from South Carolina and the Democratic party here essentially doesn't exist. This guy was given the money by republican operatives to run and there will be an investigation. More republican dirty tricks. The party of dirty tricks.
 
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Oh, and Fenga, your republican party is the same party that elected Jakie Knotts a senator in South Carolina, who said with reference to Nicky Haley, raised by Indian Sikhs and who won the majority of the votes in the republican primary, that, "We have a rag head in the White House. We don't need one in the State House", but it looks like she will be the Governor of South Carolina.
 
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Fenga, Fenga why don't you stick your Fenga where the sun don't shine. I am from South Carolina and the Democratic party here essentially doesn't exist. This guy was given the money by republican operatives to run and there will be an investigation. More republican dirty tricks. The party of dirty tricks.
Can you cite your sources, or is this just more liberal denial? Face facts, Alvin Greene got the votes of liberals that supported him, for whatever reason. Now you look stupid. No cure for that....I'll let Ron White tell you the bad news:

YouTube - Ron White - Stupid is forever
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Can you cite your sources, or is this just more liberal denial? Face facts, Alvin Greene got the votes of liberals that supported him, for whatever reason. Now you look stupid. No cure for that....I'll let Ron White tell you the bad news:
Do you think that you might, for the common good, tone down the insults aimed at posters who do not agree with you on various issues?

Thanks for your consideration.
hakr100 is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Do you think that you might, for the common good, tone down the insults aimed at posters who do not agree with you on various issues?

Thanks for your consideration.
Pot, meet kettle! Jesus, that's like you asking Oilbama to not jump to conclusions when he doesn't have the facts because he might look like a tool.

Now them, please point out where I "insulted" the poster. Be specific.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Pot, meet kettle! Jesus, that's like you asking Oilbama to not jump to conclusions when he doesn't have the facts because he might look like a tool.

Now them, please point out where I "insulted" the poster. Be specific.


For starters, you might consider your phrase " Now you look stupid. No cure for that..."

Let me give you a theoretical example. Let's say that I posted this, aimed at you:

"Many of your posts make you look stupid, and there's no cure for that."

Would you consider that an insult?

If it were aimed at me, I would.

The point is, there's no reason to continuously insult other posters here. It is possible to have discourse without frequently resorting to calling posters who disagree with you ugly names, or making ugly implications about them.

For all you know, the other poster's IQ might be 20 points higher than yours.
hakr100 is offline  
Last edited by hakr100; June 22nd, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Fenga
I live in this state, as a matter of fact, I live in the great capital city of Columbia. I suspect I know more.about.what's going on here than you. This guy couldn't come up with the 10,000 to file if his life depended on it. He didn't campaign at all and cannot articulate a position on the time of day. As I said, the democratic party is virtually nonexistent in this state except in a few centralized locales. If Mickey Mouse had been on the ballot he would have had a statistical chance to win.
 
sponsored links
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Inadvertently posted twice.
 
Last edited by brab; June 22nd, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): Original iPhone, Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
There is much evidence that liberals hate America and our freedoms, …
Knock this shit off. Christ. This idea that if "you don't agree with us, you hate America! you hate freedom!" is bottom-feeder politics. It's Fox News-worthy commentary. Hannity garbage. Aren't you smarter than that?

I don't care where you stand but standing on one side of the aisle shouting "My flag is bigger than your flag" is nonsense.

Many liberal policies are based around the idea of helping all Americans. Many of these things are accomplished by large government. Some of this involves taxation. Some of it requires re-managing spending.

Disagree with the "how we do it" — that's cool. But can you really be against helping more people? I have respect for Conservative financial values because sometimes they are appropriate. But to sit there and say people are unAmerican because we don't believe in pure Conservative spending makes you sound highly uneducated.

Just sayin'
rickyaustin is offline  
Last edited by rickyaustin; June 22nd, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rickyaustin For This Useful Post:
hakr100 (June 22nd, 2010)
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:09 PM   #33 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
For starters, you might consider your phrase " Now you look stupid. No cure for that..."
You just know I'm going to point out that this is another of your "Whoopsie-daisy!" moments, right? Nah, I'll go easy on you since you seem overly sensitive today.

You seriously misread what I posted. Perhaps you were looking to take offense and, "Voila!" you created it? Sounds about right to me.

You cherry-picked apart my words to try and accuse me of what you misunderstood with your faulty reading. Here is what I actually said, in a fuller context:

Quote:
Alvin Greene got the votes of liberals (note the plural!) that supported him, for whatever reason. Now you (figurative!) look stupid. No cure for that
Without your hatchet job of purposely misconstruing what I said, my statement reads quite differently and is not an insult to the poster as I have no idea whom he voted for, or if he even voted at all. I was speaking of the liberals in the state that voted for Greene as looking "stupid." But of course you know that. This is just your pathetic attempt at a hatchet job on me. Why? Because I don't agree with you and have proved your claims to be worthless and laughable on several occasions before. And I back up what I claim with sources when I turn your claims upside down.

You tried to smear me but it blew up in your face and exposed yourself. Have fun, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Let me give you a theoretical example. Let's say that I posted this, aimed at you:

"Many of your posts make you look stupid, and there's no cure for that."

Would you consider that an insult?
Your example is an epic fail. The context is totally different. I spoke of the collective group that voted for Green; you are precisely and pointedly insulting me directly in your example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
The point is, there's no reason to continuously insult other posters here. It is possible to have discourse without frequently resorting to calling posters who disagree with you ugly names, or making ugly implications about them.
Well then, I vote that you stop doing this! It appears to make you most unhappy with yourself. Here's my question: Why take your self-inflicted frustration out on me? Get a girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
For all you know, the other poster's IQ might be 20 points higher than yours.
Oooooooo!!! Ugly implication!!! Teacher, he's being mean to me!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Fenga
I live in this state, as a matter of fact, I live in the great capital city of Columbia. I suspect I know more.about.what's going on here than you. This guy couldn't come up with the 10,000 to file if his life depended on it. He didn't campaign at all and cannot articulate a position on the time of day. As I said, the democratic party is virtually nonexistent in this state except in a few centralized locales. If Mickey Mouse had been on the ballot he would have had a statistical chance to win.
Can you supply proof that your mere residence in Columbia, SC makes you an unquestioned and unimpeachable expert on SC politics? One held in higher regard, with stronger qualifications, expertise, and experience than known and respected analysts? Pretty please?

Have to say that I am excited about the new face of the Democratic party!

One news program said that Greene saved money for two years to pay the fee. Jon Stewart did a great report on this....here, I'll post the link for you. Stewart nails it at 6:59 and from there on out, but the whole bit is hilarious! If you like Jon Stewart you'll love this.

Video: Alvin Greene Wins South Carolina Primary | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

BTW, Columbia, SC is a gorgeous city. You're fortunate to live there.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Direct quotes from a guy who was responding to my polite request that he tone down the personal insults:

your "Whoopsie-daisy!" moments, right...

you seem overly sensitive today...

You seriously misread what I posted...

your faulty reading...

Without your hatchet job of purposely misconstruing what I said,...

This is just your pathetic attempt at a hatchet job on me. ..

proved your claims to be worthless and laughable on several occasions before...

You tried to smear me but it blew up in your face and exposed yourself...

Why take your self-inflicted frustration out on me? Get a girlfriend...

hakr100 is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyaustin View Post
Knock this shit off. Christ. This idea that if "you don't agree with us, you hate America! you hate freedom!" is bottom-feeder politics. It's Fox News-worthy commentary. Hannity garbage. Aren't you smarter than that?
Damn, I couldn't set this up better if I tried. So it's bottom-feeder politics? And only Fox News commentators do this?

*ahem*

Quote:
"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.
Video: Click here to view the video of Pelosi speaking.
"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."
FOXNews.com - Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

Pelosi over-dramatizes the truth as she plays to her core and says that enforcing our laws (read: and those that support them) is un-American! You were saying? Something about bottom-feeding? Oh, wait...there's more!

Uber liberal Joan Walsh of Salon.com on Hardball with Chris "I tinkled down my leg!" Matthews:

Quote:
The climate right now is that Republicans use everything they can to undermine and delegitimize this president. And its actually un-American. Its traitorous...
Now, what were you saying about bottom-feeders? Does that apply to the intolerance from the party of tolerance? Wait, don't answer...if you order now I'll throw in AlGore!

Remember when AlGore and the dems overall were attacking Bush tooth and nail over the Patriot Act? You know, that Act that Oilbama quietly renewed?

So disagreeing with liberals is un-American. Yet you had a "Whoopsie-daisy!" moment and isolated conservatives only, Ricky. Aren't you smarter than that, Ricky? Well, aren't you?

Quote:
The very idea that an American citizen can be imprisoned without recourse to judicial process or remedies, and that this can be done on the sole say-so of the president of the United States or those acting in his name, is beyond the pale and un-American and it ought to be stopped.
RealClearPolitics - Video - Flashback: Gore Calls Bush Policies "Un-American" In 2002 Speech

Not only did liberals not stop it, Oilbama renewed the Act under the radar....and AlGore was silent. Bottom-feeding? Liberals? You know, the most powerful leaders of the party of tolerance? Instead of some talking heads on Fox News we have the most powerful leaders of the Democratic party of tolerance exposed as nothing but bottom-feeders! The horror!



The remainder of your comments just hi-jack the thread. Please start such a thread if you wish to discuss it.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Direct quotes from a guy who was responding to my polite request that he tone down the personal insults:

your "Whoopsie-daisy!" moments, right...

you seem overly sensitive today...

You seriously misread what I posted...

your faulty reading...

Without your hatchet job of purposely misconstruing what I said,...

This is just your pathetic attempt at a hatchet job on me. ..

proved your claims to be worthless and laughable on several occasions before...

You tried to smear me but it blew up in your face and exposed yourself...

Why take your self-inflicted frustration out on me? Get a girlfriend...

You are ignoring:

1) You accused me of insulting another poster by misconstruing what I had said and taking my words out of context. I proved you wrong and exposed your little plot as just a pitiful attack on me. Either you lied, or cannot grasp written context. Which is it?

2) You accused me of employing ugly implications, then conveniently ignored your own aimed at me. That makes you a hypocrite.

3) Can you prove me wrong in the above words you cherry-picked from my post?

Your obsession with me would be flattering if you were female, hot, and a brick house. Sadly, you are none of these.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

I'll just leave it where it is, as it were.
hakr100 is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

If you boys can't have a polite exchange then you may need to find a different forum to visit. This may be apart of the lounge, but as you have all been told before the rules still apply. Disrespectful posting and personal attacks are still not allowed.

I ask each of you to really think about you motivations when you post in this part of the forum. Are you trying to be informative to the other members or are you looking for a fight?

Thread Closed
__________________
Site Rules and Guidelines - Learn them, live them and love them.

Does a post have your blood boiling? Make a instead of a retort.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Closed Thread


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.