Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
infil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 163
 
Device(s): droid 2, retried droid, Retired Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Default The people who matter

Do you take the time to thank those who matter in this whole Iraq, Afghanistan mess?

This is a friend of mine who I met through racing prior to his enlistment. This is the human face of the conflict that is consuming us, and this is the true, continuing cost of 9/11.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/nyregion/04soldier.html

Advertisements
infil is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to infil For This Useful Post:
Stinky Stinky (September 12th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default

https://freedomconcerts.com/
If you like him or not, it is a great cause.
TheBeardedMann is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeardedMann View Post
https://freedomconcerts.com/
If you like him or not, it is a great cause.
Sorry, who is Seán Hannity?
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Stinky Stinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a Dumpster! :D
Posts: 3,799
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend Y300 :D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5,152
Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,057 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infil View Post
Do you take the time to thank those who matter in this whole Iraq, Afghanistan mess?

This is a friend of mine who I met through racing prior to his enlistment. This is the human face of the conflict that is consuming us, and this is the true, continuing cost of 9/11.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/nyregion/04soldier.html
I am sorry to hear that ur friend was involved in the war dear sir... this not good news .... I hope humanity someday will learn to live together....I hope at least...
Stinky Stinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Stinky For This Useful Post:
ElasticNinja (September 12th, 2010)
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Familyguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 580
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris-rooted with GSB v2.2. || HTC-Thunderbolt-Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Sorry, who is Seán Hannity?
Dont worry, you dont need to know, some pundit on Faux(Fox) News.
Familyguy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Familyguy1 For This Useful Post:
ElasticNinja (September 12th, 2010)
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1 View Post
Dont worry, you dont need to know, some pundit on Faux(Fox) News.
Thats it!

Used to watch faux for a laugh the odd time before cutbacks (got rid of sattelite)


"Fair and Balanced" hehe
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Stinky Stinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a Dumpster! :D
Posts: 3,799
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend Y300 :D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5,152
Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,057 Posts
Default

Wow this is a horrible thing that has happened here... the only thing i can say is I am sorry dude... That "Bush Thing" was a total nightmare for the people of America...not cool
Stinky Stinky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Stinky View Post
Wow this is a horrible thing that has happened here... the only thing i can say is I am sorry dude... That "Bush Thing" was a total nightmare for the people of America...not cool
I think whoever was president, Afganistan would've been invaded anyway

As for Iraq, I suspect the intel mightn't have been wrong if Iraq was the worlds thirld largest oil producer and was about to reprice its oil in Euro

Not that Saddam was a teddy bear :/
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Roxors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Where i am told
Posts: 696
 
Device(s): DROID X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 217
Thanked 122 Times in 101 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Roxors Send a message via Yahoo to Roxors Send a message via Skype™ to Roxors
Default

Just want to say that no matter what a persons role is in the Military when a person comes up to you and says thank you for your service etc it really does warm the heart and makes it even more worth while.

So really if you see someone in uniform, thank them.
__________________
"Every War can be ended with one well placed shot."
ME
Roxors is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,140
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 85
Thanked 213 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Thats it!

Used to watch faux for a laugh the odd time before cutbacks (got rid of sattelite)


"Fair and Balanced" hehe
You confuse news with commentary.

I don't think even FOX claims that their commentary is fair and balanced, but their news isn't that far off center.
byteware is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,140
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 85
Thanked 213 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
I think whoever was president, Afganistan would've been invaded anyway

As for Iraq, I suspect the intel mightn't have been wrong if Iraq was the worlds thirld largest oil producer and was about to reprice its oil in Euro

Not that Saddam was a teddy bear :/
Saddam repriced Iraq's oil in Euros in 2000.
byteware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteware View Post
You confuse news with commentary.

I don't think even FOX claims that their commentary is fair and balanced, but their news isn't that far off center.
Exactly!
It doesnt say "fair and balanced news" it says "fair and balanced"
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,140
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 85
Thanked 213 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Exactly!
It doesnt say "fair and balanced news" it says "fair and balanced"
Of course. Commentary by it's very nature is NEVER fair and balanced.
byteware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteware View Post
Of course. Commentary by it's very nature is NEVER fair and balanced.
Of course but..Fox...
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,140
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 85
Thanked 213 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Of course but..Fox...
It's conservative leaning commentary.

I've seen commentary going to other direction just as much.
byteware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteware View Post
It's conservative leaning commentary.
LOL you sound like you watch it regularly
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,140
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 85
Thanked 213 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
LOL you sound like you watch it regularly
I don't tend to watch the news. I listen to NPR on the way to and from work, and I read msn.com and cnn.com regularly.

However, that doesn't mean I've NEVER watched news. I tend to stay away from commentary though. It's really pointless. It's designed to be as partisan as possible so that they can draw a religious following.
byteware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Familyguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 580
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris-rooted with GSB v2.2. || HTC-Thunderbolt-Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteware View Post
I don't tend to watch the news. I listen to NPR on the way to and from work, and I read msn.com and cnn.com regularly.

However, that doesn't mean I've NEVER watched news. I tend to stay away from commentary though. It's really pointless. It's designed to be as partisan as possible so that they can draw a religious following.
Good Man!

But some conservatives will bash you for listening to NPR when you easily be listening to Limbaugh or Beck. Thats the reason why I listen to NPR is because there is no commentary. There should be no commentary in News, unless it is warranted.
Familyguy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,140
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 85
Thanked 213 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1 View Post
Good Man!

But some conservatives will bash you for listening to NPR when you easily be listening to Limbaugh or Beck. Thats the reason why I listen to NPR is because there is no commentary. There should be no commentary in News, unless it is warranted.
I live in the Deep South (Alabama) and I've never met anyone who thought I wasn't a conservative because I didn't listen to Limbaugh, or Beck.

Then again, I've never met anyone who followed either one religiously.

They both have HUGE followings, but they really aren't that big when compared against the size of the Conservative portion of the US.

Republicans make up about 40% of the United States. That's about 120 million people. The high estimate for Rush's listeners is 30 million the low estimate is 14 million. Beck has an average viewership of about 3 million. All in all, that's just a fraction of the Republican party.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I love NPR. Sometimes they can't help it, but for the most part, they leave their interpretation of events out of their stories. It really is a great news source. And I love Story Corps.
byteware is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.