Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas area
Gender: Male
Posts: 848
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB. Nook Tablet w/CM10.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 69
Thanked 144 Times in 114 Posts
Default Domestic Propaganda

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/congressmen-seek-to-lift-propaganda-ban

__________________
"A free American means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
Mayhem is offline  
Last edited by Mayhem; May 21st, 2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Better link
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 752
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 180 Times in 126 Posts
Default

a D and an R getting together to mind-screw Joe Blow. interesting.
batgeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
TxGoat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Thornberry warned that in the Internet age, the current law “ties the hands of America’s diplomatic officials, military, and others by inhibiting our ability to effectively communicate in a credible way.”

How does one use Propaganda in a "credible way"?
 
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 752
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 180 Times in 126 Posts
Default

i think the word has developed a very negative stigma.

PSAs are a form of propaganda.
batgeek is offline  
Last edited by batgeek; May 21st, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas area
Gender: Male
Posts: 848
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB. Nook Tablet w/CM10.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 69
Thanked 144 Times in 114 Posts
Default

This immediately came to mind:

starship troopers propaganda - Google Search

I'm doing my part! It's the quickest way to citizenship.

Mayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
TxGoat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

I like propaganda /propaganda
 
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Faux News will sue, "Another study has concluded that people who only watch Fox News are less informed than all other news consumers."

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed Of All Viewers

This is government competition against private enterprise. Keeping people ignorant is Faux News Mission Statement.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
TxGoat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
Faux News will sue, "Another study has concluded that people who only watch Fox News are less informed than all other news consumers."

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed Of All Viewers

This is government competition against private enterprise. Keeping people ignorant is Faux News Mission Statement.

Fox news definitely brought a new low to the right-wing agenda, but what I find disturbing is how the left-wing is also attempting to follow Fox's lead. That type of journalism should be banned IMO. Report the news and let the viewers decide.

What's funny though is when you hear people use the exact same verbiage lifted almost intact from that day's newscast. Whatever the media is doing to make it easier to manipulate us is working. We as Americans like to look down our nose at countries that have "state run" media, but our form of journalism isn't any better. At least the "state run" media is honest about the fact that it's "state run", where our media would rather act as if it's reporting on its own behalf.
 
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGoat View Post
... We as Americans like to look down our nose at countries that have "state run" media, but our form of journalism isn't any better. At least the "state run" media is honest about the fact that it's "state run", where our media would rather act as if it's reporting on its own behalf.
Then there is propaganda for private gain hidden as "think tanks" and "educational nonprofits".

"Charles Koch seems to have approached both business and politics with the deliberation of an engineer. “To bring about social change,” he told Doherty, requires “a strategy” that is “vertically and horizontally integrated,” spanning “from idea creation to policy development to education to grassroots organizations to lobbying to litigation to political action.” The project, he admitted, was extremely ambitious. “We have a radical philosophy,” he said."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 236 Times in 186 Posts
Default

then there is propaganda against free speech wrapped up in personal vendetta and outright war against private enterprise who dare to speak up........... see above
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
then there is propaganda against free speech wrapped up in personal vendetta and outright war against private enterprise who dare to speak up........... see above
There's nothing free about Koch & Companies "speech". They paid good money to get $100 million of government money, but we can agree that ROI of about 1 to 100 was a smart investment to privatize public wealth. The only one waging war against private enterprise is Koch and allies.

"During the 2000 election campaign, Koch Industries spent some nine hundred thousand dollars to support the candidacies of George W. Bush and other Republicans. During the Bush years, Koch Industries and other fossil-fuel companies enjoyed remarkable prosperity. The 2005 energy bill, which Hillary Clinton dubbed the Dick Cheney Lobbyist Energy Bill, offered enormous subsidies and tax breaks for energy companies. The Kochs have cast themselves as deficit hawks, but, according to a study by Media Matters, their companies have benefitted from nearly a hundred million dollars in government contracts since 2000."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

The best lies always have a kernel of truth to them.

Obama vs. Romney: 'World War III" for attack ads. But is that bad? - CSMonitor.com

The mark of an effective negative ad is believability, one that plays on a viewer’s bias or suspicions, says Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. “The best ads are close to what you think you already know,” she says.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,542
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 572
Thanked 768 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
then there is propaganda against free speech wrapped up in personal vendetta and outright war against private enterprise who dare to speak up........... see above
The FBI took hundreds of known actions against advancement organizations during the “civil rights era,” including the use of agent provocateurs, saboteurs, wiretapping, the planting of false rumors and disinformation, and the murders of key leaders and activists. The FBI's own files reveal that the most surveilled, infiltrated, and investigated group of Americans are Black Americans.

I didn't know any of that has changed recently.
__________________
Like it is...Yusef Lateef
saptech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

I'm glad we have free expression is the U.S. as long as one doesn't disagree with Faux News.

NewsDaily: Google: government requests to censor content "alarming"

"It's alarming not only because free expression is at risk, but because some of these requests come from countries you might not suspect — Western democracies not typically associated with censorship," said Chou."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,542
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 572
Thanked 768 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post
But is that just because they're black, or because they're suspects who happen to be black?
The FBI took hundreds of known actions against advancement organizations during the “civil rights era,

Such as the NAACP, Black Panthers & Nation of Islam, to name a few. There were non black organizations also included.

J. Edgar Hoover really had a thing against you if you didn't agree with him during those times!
saptech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck are syndicated by Clear Channel, which though its subsidiary, Premiere Radio Networks, pays actors to call in to talk radio shows with scripted content and falsely pretend to be listeners. Pay is $40.00 per hour with a guarantee of 8 hours.

Bain Capital is a primary owner of Clear Channel, the company that Romney ran and still receives substantial income from.

I think Rush, Sean and Glenn are smart enough not to bite the hand that feeds them.

Is this called propaganda, marketing, or part of the Romney presidential campaign, sometimes it's hard to tell ?

OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
This immediately came to mind:

starship troopers propaganda - Google Search

I'm doing my part! It's the quickest way to citizenship.

Good article, interesting perspective. Don't think anyone with a nickname bugze would be popular.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Those damn complainers, you would have thought security would have found them and fired them. Think the final solution is to insist one's serfs sign a pledge to vote in political elections as mandated by the lords. Security should be posted at the voting booths to insure the serfs fulfill their obligations.

Big Brothers: Thought Control at Koch | The Nation

"With Citizens United, it seems, the country is heading back to the days of court-enforced corporatocracy. Already, workers at a Koch subsidiary in Portland, Oregon, are complaining about being subjected to political and ideological propaganda. Employees at Georgia-Pacific warehouses in Portland say the company encourages them to read Charles Koch’s The Science of Success: How Market-Based Management Built the World’s Largest Private Company and to attend ideological seminars in which Koch management preaches their bosses’ “market-based management” philosophy."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Last edited by OutofDate1980; September 15th, 2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Format
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

The Echo Chamber

Will you help Senator Sanders expose the Koch Echo Chamber? - YouTube
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Found another propaganda site Free Republic.

Free Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In July 2009, after Obama's eleven-year-old daughter Malia was photographed wearing a t-shirt with the peace symbol, a Free Republic thread featured racially charged comments about Obama's wife and children, using such terms as "ghetto street trash". After the thread was criticized, it was suppressed and placed under review. It was then restored to the site intact. Only after further criticism did site administrators remove it a second time.[56] In an email response to the incident, Jim Robinson called Obama an "American-hating Marxist pig."[56]
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NE Kansas
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Pantech Burst
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've leaned to the right for over a decade. But the actions of the right's propaganda push me towards the center. w n d is one of the sites that makes me smh.

A man moved from Idaho to Kansas to challenge a Democrat in a Republican-leaning district. Leased a house, didn't even turn the utilities on. (At that point, he'd lost my vote.) He double-lost my vote when he used the words "iodine tablet" in one of his blog posts. Sounds like he took an extra shot of the kool-aid.
Mr Wolfpack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wolfpack View Post
I've leaned to the right for over a decade. But the actions of the right's propaganda push me towards the center. w n d is one of the sites that makes me smh.

A man moved from Idaho to Kansas to challenge a Democrat in a Republican-leaning district. Leased a house, didn't even turn the utilities on. (At that point, he'd lost my vote.) He double-lost my vote when he used the words "iodine tablet" in one of his blog posts. Sounds like he took an extra shot of the kool-aid.
How did the election turn out ?
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck are syndicated by Clear Channel, which though its subsidiary, Premiere Radio Networks, pays actors to call in to talk radio shows with scripted content and falsely pretend to be listeners. Pay is $40.00 per hour with a guarantee of 8 hours.

Ans surely, you can prove this, right? If you cant provide legitimate proof, well, there you go.
jefboyardee likes this.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Ans surely, you can prove this, right? If you cant provide legitimate proof, well, there you go.
I provided link from post you partially quoted from. Domestic Propaganda
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
I provided link from post you partially quoted from. Domestic Propaganda
I should learn to never doubt a Wikipedia page.

I did notice that Hannity and Limbaugh are not specifically mentioned. I listen to Rush and it is likely you do not. I am not so dumb that I cannot recognize a plant. If Premier DOES do this, Limbaugh is likely unaware.

Trust me on this, Limbaugh does not use fake callers. Some might use them, I'll give you that, but I still require proof that Limbaugh does. I call shenanigans.

I do recall such a program, however. I forget the host's name, but his schtick was to make up a story so outrageous you would not believe anyone would bite. Either that, or so offensive, you just wanted to strangle the caller. When this fake "caller" called in, this host grilled him.

If you listened long enough, it was clear that the host was using a different voice for the caller; they were one in the same. This was a silly program and once you figure out what is happening, it becomes the novelty is gone.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Rush has denied, on the air, that his show uses the Premiere On Call service. Just saying. Premiere On Call has also denied this.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Rush has denied, on the air, that his show uses the Premiere On Call service. Just saying. Premiere On Call has also denied this.
I believe him. I do listen and I have been a fan since before his TV show. Rest assured, if it could be proven that he uses paid actors, the web, John Stewart and the rest would roast him alive.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
I believe him. I do listen and I have been a fan since before his TV show. Rest assured, if it could be proven that he uses paid actors, the web, John Stewart and the rest would roast him alive.
Limbaugh, a proven liar.

Mitt Romney and the Cayman Islands and here: Romney vs. Obama
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Rush has denied, on the air, that his show uses the Premiere On Call service. Just saying. Premiere On Call has also denied this.
No, PRN has not, it just kicks the blame to those that use the service.

"Clear Channel, through its subsidiary, Premiere Radio Networks, auditions and hires actors to call in to talk radio shows and pose as listeners in order to provide shows, carried by Clear Channel and other broadcasters, with planned content in the form of stories and opinions. The custom caller service provided by Premiere Radio assures its clients they won't hear the same actor's voice for at least two months in order to appear authentic to listeners who might otherwise catch on.[53]"
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Last edited by OutofDate1980; September 16th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
No, PRN has not, it just kicks the blame to those that use the service.

"Clear Channel, through its subsidiary, Premiere Radio Networks, auditions and hires actors to call in to talk radio shows and pose as listeners in order to provide shows, carried by Clear Channel and other broadcasters, with planned content in the form of stories and opinions. The custom caller service provided by Premiere Radio assures its clients they won't hear the same actor's voice for at least two months in order to appear authentic to listeners who might otherwise catch on.[53]"
First of all, whether Limbaugh is a serial liar or not is completely irrelevant. Nice red herring though. Just because someone has lied in the past doesn't mean they are lying now. Limbaugh denied, on the air, using the service. If you have proof that he is lying about this, please present it. He's denied it. I've seen no proof that he's not being truthful here. I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but I'm reluctant to label a guy a liar when there's no proof at all.

And yes, Premiere Radio has denied the usage of Premiere On Call on Rush, Hannity, Beck or any other talk show - "The service is not utilized by News/Talk programs or stations."

Radio Ink Magazine
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
First of all, whether Limbaugh is a serial liar or not is completely irrelevant. ...
LOL, yes, lets always believe the serial liar, who lies on the air.

Bain Capital (Romney's company) which owns Clear Channel (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc employer) which owns Premiere Radio Network which owns Premiere On Call that hires these actors to call radio shows that are not utilized per the claims of serial liars.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
LOL, yes, lets always believe the serial liar, who lies on the air.

Bain Capital (Romney's company) which owns Clear Channel (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc employer) which owns Premiere Radio Network which owns Premiere On Call that hires these actors to call radio shows that are not utilized per the claims of serial liars.
Again, irrelevant. Just because the guy lied in the past doesn't mean he's lying down. Limbaugh denies it. Premiere Radio denies it. Since there is no evidence that it's happening I'm inclined to believe them. I've got no reason to not believe them.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
LOL, yes, lets always believe the serial liar, who lies on the air.

Bain Capital (Romney's company) which owns Clear Channel (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc employer) which owns Premiere Radio Network which owns Premiere On Call that hires these actors to call radio shows that are not utilized per the claims of serial liars.
Not true. Again. Some people post links to their proof and if they bothered to read the crap at the end of the link they would see it is not proof. Please, if Limbaugh knew about this, others would know and it would be huge news the liberal left would throw at us for days.

Nary a word about RL using or even knowing about paid callers. xEcept for what are termed Seminar Callers. A differnt thing entirely

So please, if you have proof that a logical man can trust, post otherwise, please stop saying things you cannot prove.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Again, irrelevant. Just because the guy lied in the past doesn't mean he's lying down. Limbaugh denies it. Premiere Radio denies it. Since there is no evidence that it's happening I'm inclined to believe them. I've got no reason to not believe them.
I am as well.

Will you agree that if it could be actually proven that RL and the rest condoned or knew about paid callers, the left would use the proof to try to hurt Limbaugh and the rest? It would blow up and be a big story.

It is interesting to read the links a few here have posted. When you actually read the links and follow the links their links link to, it is still not clear RL use them. I am convinced he DOES NOT.

The article titles suggest that he does, but when you read the articles--often the same article copied and pasted to countless other web sites--it is clear that they are not saying, specifically, that RL has paid callers. Just innuendo and suggestions sans any proof.

I wish people that call Limbaugh a liar would post links to the proof. Some post inks to other AF posts and buried in those posts are links to bad information.

I like original source data. I would also like credible information not Wikepedia pages.

You can visit RL's web site and look at the transcript. You can read what he said in his own words. It is an extremely rare thing to catch him lying. Sometimes he jokes and sometimes he quotes other liars and people call RL a liar for simply repeating what some idiot said. If RL makes a mistake, the liberal press calls it a lie and someone then blows it up and posts it as proof he is a big fat liar.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

I'm not convinced he doesn't myself. I'm just saying he denies it and there's no evidence at all that it's happening. I'm left with no other option except to believe him. I've got no evidence otherwise.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A.Nonymous For This Useful Post:
Bob Maxey (September 16th, 2012)
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Again, irrelevant. Just because the guy lied in the past doesn't mean he's lying down. Limbaugh denies it. Premiere Radio denies it. Since there is no evidence that it's happening I'm inclined to believe them. I've got no reason to not believe them.
Yep, guess why Clear Channel have the actors sign Confidentially Agreements, but hasn't released them from agreement is clear proof they have nothing to hide.

OpEdNews - Article: Limbaugh/Hannity Parent Company Admits Hiring Actors to Call Radio Shows

"Confidentially agreement: By requesting an audition you are also agreeing to keep the details of the audition and the type of work that you may perform confidential. This applies to information acquired while working for Premiere or any of its affiliates. Disclosure to any third party, sharing project information or publicizing what you do (including via social media) may be considered grounds for dismissal or further action."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
... So please, if you have proof that a logical man can trust, ...
As I've posted enough links for a logical "man", this proves a point concerning your views on reality and logic.

Suggest you don't rely on lobbyist front groups as a source. Muslim world: Religion is again being used as a political tool.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Again, irrelevant. Just because the guy lied in the past doesn't mean he's lying down. Limbaugh denies it. Premiere Radio denies it. Since there is no evidence that it's happening I'm inclined to believe them. I've got no reason to not believe them.
He is a bullshitter. That is what he is. Bullshitters bullshit. Do you know any? You'll notice how they blend fact and fiction and halftruth without even batting an eyelid.

Now, I would imagine Premier Radio would deny it, but then again... I actually don't really have an opinion regarding if he has or hasn't.
__________________
Sign up for Minus online storage and get 10 GB of Free Space today! Sign up Here!
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
As I've posted enough links for a logical "man", this proves a point concerning your views on reality and logic.
You haven't made any sort of logical argument though. I'm sorry, but I'm a big fan of good logic and you just haven't put any together here. This is what you've got.

Premiere OnCall hires voice actors.
Premiere Radio owns the Rush Limbaugh show.
Conclusion - the callers on the Rush Limbaugh show are actors (or at least some of them are)

I'm sorry, but that logic just doesn't make any sense. You haven't tied any of that together. Look at the following.

Acme company makes widgets
Joe works at the Acme company
Conclusion - All the widgets that Joe personally owns were stolen from the Acme company

Again, the logic is flawed as the one does not imply the other. It is entirely plausible that all of Rush's callers are not actors just as it is entirely plausible that Joe has purchased all the widgets he owns and not stolen them from his workplace.

What evidence do you have that some or all of Rush's callers are actors? You have Limbaugh denying it so therefore you think it's true. Please try presenting a case like that to a judge. "Well your Honor, we know this guy is a liar. He denies robbing the bank. Therefore he did it. Please give him 20 years in the pokey." I'm sorry, but that' just not gonna fly. Your logic is so fatally flawed here. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Limbaugh uses actors, but there is no proof at all to back it up.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
...

Premiere OnCall hires voice actors.
Premiere Radio owns the Rush Limbaugh show.
Conclusion - the callers on the Rush Limbaugh show are actors (or at least some of them are) ...
Why does OnCall hire actors ? To call radio talk shows

What does PRN own & operate ? Radio Talk shows

What does Limbaugh do ? Radio Talk show host

Who does Limbaugh work for ? PRN

Has Limbaugh been caught lying on the air ? Yes

Conclusion: PRN via its subsidiary OnCall use actors (who sign Confidentially Agreements) to call Radio Talk shows, such as the one Limbaugh hosts. Limbaugh denies knowledge. PRN denies knowledge. So why does PRN hire actors to call Radio Talk shows, who PRN claims don't call Radio Talk shows ? One or more entities is lying.

Here are some links that may help you follow along.

Domestic Propaganda

Domestic Propaganda

Edit: Under court of law those Confidentially Agreements are moot.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Last edited by OutofDate1980; September 16th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

OnCall says they hire actors for voice over work. Given that they're a radio company, that sounds reasonable. Premiere has flat out denied using the Premiere OnCall with any of their news/talk shows. You are calling them liars but have no evidence at all. I'm sorry, but that would never hold up in court. Your logic is flawed.

Even in the above example you give, the flaws are obvious. Let's assume for the sake of argument that Limbaugh is a liar. That doesn't mean that he has actors call his show. He could be a liar and still be telling the truth this particular time. There is no evidence to contradict his story. The null hypothesis here is that Limbaugh and Premiere OnCall are telling the truth. There's no evidence to contradict that.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

OnCall paid actors to deceive. Never said Limbaugh hired the actors. Remember this thread is titled Domestic Propaganda and having fake callers is a tactic used by at least one company.

You may choose to believe the denials of Romney affiliated entities, I do not. Domestic Propaganda

Radio Daze - by Liel Leibovitz - Tablet Magazine – Jewish News and Politics, Jewish Arts and Culture, Jewish Life and Religion

“Premiere On Call is our new custom caller service,” read the service’s website, which disappeared as this story was being reported (for a cached version of the site click here). “We supply voice talent to take/make your on-air calls, improvise your scenes or deliver your scripts. Using our simple online booking tool, specify the kind of voice you need, and we’ll get your the right person fast. Unless you request it, you won’t hear that same voice again for at least two months, ensuring the authenticity of your programming for avid listeners.”

The actors hired by Premiere to provide the aforementioned voice talents sign confidentiality agreements and so would not go on the record. But their accounts leave little room for doubt. All of the actors I questioned reported receiving scripts, calling in to real shows, pretending to be real people. Frequently, one actor said, the calls were live, sometimes recorded in advance, but never presented on-air as anything but real.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
... The null hypothesis here is ...
Follow the money. OnCall doesn't offer this service as a charity.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
Follow the money. OnCall doesn't offer this service as a charity.
They are a radio business who offers voice talent. That's their story. Why is that unbelievable?
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
They are a radio business who offers voice talent. That's their story. Why is that unbelievable?
It's not unbelievable that actors are hired to act as guest callers with a written script as described by one actor who had ethics.

Rich Hollman: Radio 'Story': When Guest Callers Are Really Just Acting

"At no point was I truly surprised that such a service exists. Deception in American media has a long and varied history. I was surprised, however, that such a clear orchestration of deception was so visible yet had seemingly gone unnoticed. Premiere's own website, until recently, openly described the service."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
It's not unbelievable that actors are hired to act as guest callers with a written script as described by one actor who had ethics.

Rich Hollman: Radio 'Story': When Guest Callers Are Really Just Acting

"At no point was I truly surprised that such a service exists. Deception in American media has a long and varied history. I was surprised, however, that such a clear orchestration of deception was so visible yet had seemingly gone unnoticed. Premiere's own website, until recently, openly described the service."
Agreed. It's not unbelievable at all. That doesn't mean you've proved it's happening though.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Agreed. It's not unbelievable at all. That doesn't mean you've proved it's happening though.
And I really don't think he could, even if its true or not. Its a moot argument, this "personality" is a horrible, bad person anyway.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Agreed. It's not unbelievable at all. That doesn't mean you've proved it's happening though.
Double negative, so it's believable. This is not a court of law. We have actors saying it does happen. We have OnCall, which PRN owns and employe's Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc advertising for actors to be "guest" callers to "deliver your scripts". Just be aware when you listen to talk shows of this possibility.

I conjecture "guest" callers makes the show more entertaining by bringing professional talent, rather than an unprepared tongue tied caller steamed up about something. A clue its happening is when the host just happens to have a "clip" already to go on the subject matter.

More entertaining, better rating, better advertising revenue. Follow the money.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

We have anonymous actors saying it happened. We have OnCall denying it ever happened and we have Limbaugh saying it never happened. The only evidence we have that it happened is one or two anonymous actors none of whom actually claim that they called in to Limbaugh's show. So no, we don't have any proof that it happened.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
We have anonymous actors saying it happened. We have OnCall denying it ever happened and we have Limbaugh saying it never happened. The only evidence we have that it happened is one or two anonymous actors none of whom actually claim that they called in to Limbaugh's show. So no, we don't have any proof that it happened.
The author of the article Radio 'Story' is Rich Hollman, an actor. What part of confidentiality agreement is not clear.

Why hasn't PRN released actors from this agreement to settle the issue ?

Why did OnCall advertize for fake guest as previously posted, but pulled it from their website when the story broke ?

The denial of those folks with money at stake is understandable, but not believable.

There is evidence (proof) sufficient to establish this practice occurs.

You have mischaracterized this practice as "voice over", while OnCall stated "We supply voice talent to take/make your on-air calls, improvise your scenes or deliver your scripts".


You say there's no proof when there is a written confession.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.