Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree9Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #51 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
The Brits had muskets. This is a different world. Not saying it "can't" happen, but realistically we're a long way from open rebellion in this country in my opinion. Sure, rhetoric is heated, but it always has been.
I think it's more heated now than ever mainly because of a combination of the Internet and people's inability to vet anything. That is the problem. I can easily put information out there that backs up my side 100%. That information may well be 100% false, or worse, it may have a small, tiny kernel of truth to it. But it doesn't matter. Your side won't even bother to vet the information. If the other side points out that the story is a bald faced lie you just accuse them of being biased, denying facts, having their head in the sand, etc..... All of this gets hashed out very publicly on the Internet where everyone has access to it and sees it. It just makes things worse.

A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

A.Non, from your posts I take it that you have illusions about the reality of what might happen so it makes me curious why you so firmly believe it won't.


I believed up until recently it wouldn't because of apathy. The net is the net got to take it flaws with its good. But outside the net to many things are going sideways at once.
I don't want war but it is the failsafe built into our system.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Sorry meant no illusions
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Define developed.
A country with good infrastructure physically, in health, education, etc, with a high standard of living and where people have certain freedom of expression.
__________________
Sign up for Minus online storage and get 10 GB of Free Space today! Sign up Here!
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElasticNinja View Post
A country with good infrastructure physically, in health, education, etc, with a high standard of living and where people have certain freedom of expression.
I think France and England of just a few hundred years ago would've qualified and both had blood civil wars.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElasticNinja View Post
A country with good infrastructure physically, in health, education, etc, with a high standard of living and where people have certain freedom of expression.
We have an unstable electric grid and bridges falling down in rush hour traffic. Our infrastructure is falling apart while we spend billions to rebuild the infrastructures of other countries that we destroyed. Health care and education are in the crapper with the economy and we have experienced a large decline in standard of living.

Freedom of expression has never been at more risk in this country than it is now.
If those are your definitions of developed then it doesn't fit us. Decades ago yes, today? Sorry no.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
We have an unstable electric grid and bridges falling down in rush hour traffic. Our infrastructure is falling apart while we spend billions to rebuild the infrastructures of other countries that we destroyed. Health care and education are in the crapper with the economy and we have experienced a large decline in standard of living.

Freedom of expression has never been at more risk in this country than it is now.
If those are your definitions of developed then it doesn't fit us. Decades ago yes, today? Sorry no.
Dang. Next to you, I look like an optimist.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Dang. Next to you, I look like an optimist.


Naw I'm an optimist, I believe there is hope for us. 8f not I would shut up mind my own
And take everything I could til it ends.

But yes being in the realist minority just plain sucks.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #59 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
I think France and England of just a few hundred years ago would've qualified and both had blood civil wars.
Uhm.. no.. no they wouldnt. Not in any sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
We have an unstable electric grid and bridges falling down in rush hour traffic. Our infrastructure is falling apart while we spend billions to rebuild the infrastructures of other countries that we destroyed. Health care and education are in the crapper with the economy and we have experienced a large decline in standard of living.

Freedom of expression has never been at more risk in this country than it is now.
If those are your definitions of developed then it doesn't fit us. Decades ago yes, today? Sorry no.
Still a developed country.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElasticNinja View Post
Uhm.. no.. no they wouldnt. Not in any sense.
Still a developed country.
Care to go into it a bit more. History pretty well backs my position. Empires rise, peakn decline and then most often implode or are conquered.

Its my opinion we have peaked and are declining. Can we rally sure, Egypt didn Rome to.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Care to go into it a bit more. History pretty well backs my position. Empires rise, peakn decline and then most often implode or are conquered.

Its my opinion we have peaked and are declining. Can we rally sure, Egypt didn Rome to.
There is a huge difference between an Empire and a nation state, and a developed country and developed one. The GDP per capita of the Roman Empire at its peak was 0.8% of the USA's. It was not surrounded by well organised political territories and had dozens of different nationalities. Not very comparable.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElasticNinja View Post
There is a huge difference between an Empire and a nation state, and a developed country and developed one. The GDP per capita of the Roman Empire at its peak was 0.8% of the USA's. It was not surrounded by well organised political territories and had dozens of different nationalities. Not very comparable.
Look at the distribution of that wealth and you see an Empire. Manifest Destiny?

And I hope when you say organized political territories you are not refering to Mexico and Central America. Visit there before you give them that label.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ylexot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Saint Inigoes, MD
Posts: 2,336
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3, Transformer Prime, Droid X (ret)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 403 Times in 324 Posts
Default

Eh, I think there's a higher likelihood of riots if Obama loses than of a civil war if he wins (at least in the near-term).
ylexot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylexot View Post
Eh, I think there's a higher likelihood of riots if Obama loses than of a civil war if he wins (at least in the near-term).
Yeah but Americans riot and loot when their team wins. Disruptive public outbursts are our 2 National past time.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Look at the distribution of that wealth and you see an Empire. Manifest Destiny?

And I hope when you say organized political territories you are not refering to Mexico and Central America. Visit there before you give them that label.
Mexico and Canada are both democratic federations. Yes Mexico has its drug war but whatever. Its not exactly barbarian, they have healthcare and politicians...
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Canada is not really an Independent Nation and Mexico has a lot of serious problems besides the drug war. And their politics? Its one of the most corrupt Governments. Fraud and crime from the President down to twn councilmen and police.

Mexico has a civil war going on with the Natives in the southern part of the country. Their tactics for dealing with this are qite barbaric. Its calmed down over the last decade but that's not because they have come to aggreement its because they tortuered and killed enough of the oposition the rest keeps their heads down.
They execute people in Mexico with chainsaws for speaking out against the Cartel Government. Of corse they have the thugs do it not uniformed officers but in Mexico they are 1 in the same almost every where.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #67 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Canada is not really an Independent Nation
Far more independent then say, France. And I mean the USA is so beholden to corporate interests...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Mexico has a lot of serious problems besides the drug war. And their politics? Its one of the most corrupt Governments. Fraud and crime from the President down to twn councilmen and police.
The corruption isnt unresolvable. Once the drug issue is sorted out, Mexico is well on its way to becoming a very high income developed country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Mexico has a civil war going on with the Natives in the southern part of the country. Their tactics for dealing with this are qite barbaric. Its calmed down over the last decade but that's not because they have come to aggreement its because they tortuered and killed enough of the oposition the rest keeps their heads down.
...riiiight. Civil war implies terrorists at least have broad based support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
They execute people in Mexico with chainsaws for speaking out against the Cartel Government. Of corse they have the thugs do it not uniformed officers but in Mexico they are 1 in the same almost every where.
And in the US people get executed by state governments themselves and the gun crime rate is massive. "Cartel government". Do you not know that over the last decade the years of indifference to the drug cartels came to an end and that, that is what led to the army ending up fighting drug militias.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

France is no cocern of mine. Canada is a comonwealth.

Hardly call indiginous people fighting for their rights terrorists but hey I'm labelled a terrorist.

Lot of difference between capital punishment and cutting people up with a chainsaw. They posted the video to the net so if you would like to check out the difference for your self I'm not posting a link for it here.

The Mexican Army? Sorry but they are in the pocket of one cartel or the other depending who is resently paying better and those are turf wars.

Ever been to Mexico? I would remind you its practically in my front yard.

Mexico has never been free of high level Government corruption since it became free of Spain and no one expects that to happen any time soon.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:44 AM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
France is no cocern of mine. Canada is a comonwealth.
Virginia is likewise a Commonwealth. As is the British Commonwealth. Its one if those meaningless terms. I don't get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post

Hardly call indiginous people fighting for their rights terrorists but hey I'm labelled a terrorist.
Small group of people with guns fighting reasonable governments....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
The Mexican Army? Sorry but they are in the pocket of one cartel or the other depending who is resently paying better and those are turf wars.
Oooh hyperbole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post

Mexico has never been free of high level Government corruption since it became free of Spain and no one expects that to happen any time soon.
Neither has the US.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:49 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Remember you brought Canada int the discussion. My staetment was About Mexico and Central America.

Think its Hyperbole fact check it. Start with independent journalist reports from inside Mexico. Oops, I forgot that's who they were executing with chainsaws and handgrenades tossed into news rooms because they were reporting Military Corruption.

It would seem you are not very well informed on the Situation in Mexico.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Don't kid yourself that the Democrats are any different. The Democrats trick working class people into voting for them by throwing them a bone about how they're going to make them rich and give them more government services that those horrible rich people will have to pay for. They couldn't care less about those people and only want the power and wealth that comes with being in charge. Both parties are so corrupt it's ridiculous. Choosing which party to back is like deciding if you'd rather have the electric chair or the firing squad.
If any of you care to do an interesting little experiment, consider taking some of the most hated comments by your favorite "love to hate conservative" talking heads and actually research the facts. Forget the press and your pre-concieved ideas and look at the facts. Take their comments one by one and do a little digging.

Then take a story reported by the libs/dems and actually look at the facts. You will be surprised at the actual facts and what we once called "the truth."

Limbaugh and others reported that the top few percentile pay the majority of federal taxes in this country and the bottom 45-50% pay zero federal income taxes. They do not report these easily verifiable facts, just scream that the rich must be taxed even more and the poor must be given tax breaks.

The press did not ride everyone that signed obama care into law without reading the law they sighed. This is something the press should have been all over. I think the liberal press wanted the bill to pass and avoided any stories that would cause the public to question it. All the public saw was free health care.

I cannot recall any recent story that would tell the public that the IRS will be collecting the estimated $2500.00 give or take every one of us must pay if the bill is not tossed out. If the press reported this repeatedly, the public would raise heck.

How can you give a tax break to someone that pays no taxes and use the word "Fair" at the same time? It is not fair. Paying zero is more "fair" than paying 38-45% taxes.

The press does not look at what "the rich" actually do for this country.

Listen to Limbaugh for a few hours and when you hear what he has to say about this and that, look for the stories by the liberal media that parse his comments out of context. You will notice that lots of things are not reported by the media these days.

Listen to what the left says we say and then look for the actual comments. You might notice that our side is often misquoted or accused of hate when all we do is report the facts. The left says we lie but we really do not lie, we report the facts. All you have to do is research the facts and see who is playing fair and who is truly lying to you.

Case in point: Barny Frank's involvement in the mortgage problem. When you take a hard look at what Mr. Frank actually did and read what the press had to say, it is clear his involvement was whitewashed and the bankers/lenders were blamed. When in fact, there was far more to it than was reported by the largely liberal press.

When you listed to how great Mr. Obama has been and how much he has accomplished, then you actually look at the facts, a different view unfolds. Look at his job creations bill, for example; or anything else he actually accomplished and see if he should be praised or sent back to school.

You look at what the press had to say about Rush's "phony solders" comments then research his actual words, Limbaugh did not say what he was accused of saying. Congress calls for his termination on the floor and his head during session; something they should have never done. The press reported the story, but never mentioned that Congress greatly over-stepped their bounds.

The democrats like to violate the Constitution and all the press has to say is how the end result justifies the act; what they should be screaming about is the constitutional violations. Even if I hate your guts, I would report the facts and praise your accomplishments. About all the dems can do is tell us, still, how bad Bush is/was, all the while ignoring many of the things obama has and has not done.

We have a lop sided press and fairness, legalities and doing right by the people is something the dems do not seem to do. My fear is we will elect a republican and he will spend his time doing nothing except bitching about Obama.

Just like Obama and his group still complains about Bush, saying how Bush did this and that, all the while forgetting he (obama) could simply eliminate many of the problems he says Bush was responsible for creating.

My theory is nothing will be done until we have a vast and sweeping attack or other problem that forces us to change regardless of how we might feel. For example, gas going up to 12.00-15.00 per gallon or an attack that kills several million people or perhaps a major depression like way back in 1929.

In my view, we must greatly suffer before we will dare to change and we will not change until we are absolutely forced to by some calamity that either sets us straight or destroys America as we know her. America's politicians will not change until the public decides enough is enough and they become educated about our past and learn that the way we do it today is not what our founders intended.

We were once a rich and powerful nation where everything was possible.

Now, we are changing into a place where all you need to do is try; you do not need to work hard because Uncle Sam will pick up the tab. We need to stop it but we will not stop it until a huge disaster forces us to change.

Let's face it, the poor will suffer even more because much of what we need to do will hurt. Period. As soon as we elect some smart people, the bad times will not last.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:26 AM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Remember you brought Canada int the discussion. My staetment was About Mexico and Central America.

Think its Hyperbole fact check it. Start with independent journalist reports from inside Mexico. Oops, I forgot that's who they were executing with chainsaws and handgrenades tossed into news rooms because they were reporting Military Corruption.

It would seem you are not very well informed on the Situation in Mexico.
LOL . . . I recall some talking head asking (I think) the president of Mexico about changing US laws so illegals could be immediately jailed for 10 years, their real property confiscated; actually, not allowing an illegal to own a home in this country, huge fines levied and a few other things that were a tad draconian.

El-Presidente blew a gasket and started saying how evil America would be for enacting laws like this talking head suggested. The reporter was simply reading back Mexico's existing laws to illustrate a point: we are easier on illegals than Meixico would be and as bad as dems say we are in how we treat illegals, Mexico is far worse.

That is never reported. just America sucks and we need to be more like Mexico.

Apparently, the president of Mexico is another leader that does not know the laws of his country.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:29 AM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
Yeah but Americans riot and loot when their team wins. Disruptive public outbursts are our 2 National past time.
Don't the so-called "Soccer Hooligans" do the same thing in GB?

We tend to be vocal at sporting events. Thank God my favorite sports are fencing and curling. Perhaps a good vintage motorcycle race is nice too.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Don't the so-called "Soccer Hooligans" do the same thing in GB?

We tend to be vocal at sporting events. Thank God my favorite sports are fencing and curling. Perhaps a good vintage motorcycle race is nice too.
From what Ive seen on BBC they sure do, but I'm an American which is why I used the word "our" and have never attended a soccer game in my life so can't give first hand account of why they do.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
If any of you care to do an interesting little experiment, consider taking some of the most hated comments by your favorite "love to hate conservative" talking heads and actually research the facts. Forget the press and your pre-concieved ideas and look at the facts. Take their comments one by one and do a little digging.

Then take a story reported by the libs/dems and actually look at the facts. You will be surprised at the actual facts and what we once called "the truth."

Limbaugh and others reported that the top few percentile pay the majority of federal taxes in this country and the bottom 45-50% pay zero federal income taxes. They do not report these easily verifiable facts, just scream that the rich must be taxed even more and the poor must be given tax breaks.

The press did not ride everyone that signed obama care into law without reading the law they sighed. This is something the press should have been all over. I think the liberal press wanted the bill to pass and avoided any stories that would cause the public to question it. All the public saw was free health care.

I cannot recall any recent story that would tell the public that the IRS will be collecting the estimated $2500.00 give or take every one of us must pay if the bill is not tossed out. If the press reported this repeatedly, the public would raise heck.

How can you give a tax break to someone that pays no taxes and use the word "Fair" at the same time? It is not fair. Paying zero is more "fair" than paying 38-45% taxes.

The press does not look at what "the rich" actually do for this country.

Listen to Limbaugh for a few hours and when you hear what he has to say about this and that, look for the stories by the liberal media that parse his comments out of context. You will notice that lots of things are not reported by the media these days.

Listen to what the left says we say and then look for the actual comments. You might notice that our side is often misquoted or accused of hate when all we do is report the facts. The left says we lie but we really do not lie, we report the facts. All you have to do is research the facts and see who is playing fair and who is truly lying to you.

Case in point: Barny Frank's involvement in the mortgage problem. When you take a hard look at what Mr. Frank actually did and read what the press had to say, it is clear his involvement was whitewashed and the bankers/lenders were blamed. When in fact, there was far more to it than was reported by the largely liberal press.

When you listed to how great Mr. Obama has been and how much he has accomplished, then you actually look at the facts, a different view unfolds. Look at his job creations bill, for example; or anything else he actually accomplished and see if he should be praised or sent back to school.

You look at what the press had to say about Rush's "phony solders" comments then research his actual words, Limbaugh did not say what he was accused of saying. Congress calls for his termination on the floor and his head during session; something they should have never done. The press reported the story, but never mentioned that Congress greatly over-stepped their bounds.

The democrats like to violate the Constitution and all the press has to say is how the end result justifies the act; what they should be screaming about is the constitutional violations. Even if I hate your guts, I would report the facts and praise your accomplishments. About all the dems can do is tell us, still, how bad Bush is/was, all the while ignoring many of the things obama has and has not done.

We have a lop sided press and fairness, legalities and doing right by the people is something the dems do not seem to do. My fear is we will elect a republican and he will spend his time doing nothing except bitching about Obama.

Just like Obama and his group still complains about Bush, saying how Bush did this and that, all the while forgetting he (obama) could simply eliminate many of the problems he says Bush was responsible for creating.

My theory is nothing will be done until we have a vast and sweeping attack or other problem that forces us to change regardless of how we might feel. For example, gas going up to 12.00-15.00 per gallon or an attack that kills several million people or perhaps a major depression like way back in 1929.

In my view, we must greatly suffer before we will dare to change and we will not change until we are absolutely forced to by some calamity that either sets us straight or destroys America as we know her. America's politicians will not change until the public decides enough is enough and they become educated about our past and learn that the way we do it today is not what our founders intended.

We were once a rich and powerful nation where everything was possible.

Now, we are changing into a place where all you need to do is try; you do not need to work hard because Uncle Sam will pick up the tab. We need to stop it but we will not stop it until a huge disaster forces us to change.

Let's face it, the poor will suffer even more because much of what we need to do will hurt. Period. As soon as we elect some smart people, the bad times will not last.
Here we go again: Sucks To Work for Mr. Obama
PH8AL likes this.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,311
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,108
Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,097 Posts
Default

Is the "liberal media" crutch broken yet?
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #77 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 41
 
Device(s): Kyocera HYDRO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Its the illuminati an the new world order at work.
Gball082 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gball082 View Post
Its the illuminati an the new world order at work.
This sounds like wingnut talk.

New World Order (conspiracy theory) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Last edited by OutofDate1980; September 11th, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
PH8AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 327
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra rooted running Ultrarom and BobzHome oc kernal.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts
Default

When will people wake up and see we have been living in a Global "New World Order" for a few centuries. It was called Colonialism and still is what is behind most of current affairs today.

Not to mention in a way you can view the affect of the Internet on global communications as a New World order forged by the people.

But hey Im a wingnut to. I don't believe WWII has ever ended.
PH8AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GandalfTehGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 844
 
Device(s): Kyocera KX414, LG vx8300, LG Voyager, Droid X Retired, Galaxy Nexus Custom Moto X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 92
Thanked 96 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Lol Lubbock..... if you have never been it is a very conservative place. I think the guy is reaching a bit but you never know.

And on the Revolution/Civil War front, most turn the tide when sections of the Military join the "rebels/freedom fighters", and the majority of the military I know are not Obama fans and would have issues killing Americans standing up for the rights they are suppose to have.
PH8AL likes this.
__________________
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udn.

How to SBF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jrXqqiepI
GandalfTehGray is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #81 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8AL View Post
... But hey Im a wingnut to. I don't believe WWII has ever ended.
Teruo Nakamura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Private Teruo Nakamura (中村 輝夫 Nakamura Teruo?, October 8, 1919 − June 15, 1979) was a Taiwan-born soldier of the Imperial Japanese Army who fought for Japan in World War II and did not surrender until 1974. He was the last Japanese hold-out to surrender after the end of hostilities in 1945
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:18 AM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTehGray View Post
... the majority of the military I know are not Obama fans ...
Well there's one poll that shows veteran & family members favor Obama over Romney (44 to 37).

Interactive: Weary warriors favor Obama | Reuters
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GandalfTehGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 844
 
Device(s): Kyocera KX414, LG vx8300, LG Voyager, Droid X Retired, Galaxy Nexus Custom Moto X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 92
Thanked 96 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
Well there's one poll that shows veteran & family members favor Obama over Romney (44 to 37).

Interactive: Weary warriors favor Obama | Reuters
Very large swing there with the undecided/dont know.
GandalfTehGray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnLaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 155
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 73 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Texas is a big state. Please do not assume that the outliers represent the majority.

That said...I don't care for Obama. However, he boosted the economy just by being elected. Firearm and ammunition sales skyrocketed. The availability problem got so bad that when I called Stag Arms about a new AR-15 carbine they quoted a 6 months backlog without hesitation. The only firearms without availability issues were either crap no one wanted or class 3 (SBS/SBRs, etc). In the months (or maybe a year) after he was elected you couldn't get primers, powder or ammo in bulk because all the paranoid people out there were buying everything up.
JohnLaird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ylexot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Saint Inigoes, MD
Posts: 2,336
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3, Transformer Prime, Droid X (ret)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 403 Times in 324 Posts
Default

Like I said...

http://www.infowars.com/new-threats-to-riot-if-obama-loses-election/
ylexot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,311
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,108
Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,097 Posts
Default

LOL what a joke! A whole article sourced on some idiotic twitter posts. Wow. This passes for news? Wonder what the right wing militia tweets look like. Oh, yeah, they probably don't have 'puters. I think the comments after the article are far more informative than the article itself.
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #87 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Sketchy article. The main source is infowars and twitter accounts. Yeah, that's credible.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Ah yes, inforwars. Hahahahhahahahahaha


You only have to look at the sidebar to notice that that site is utter horseshite.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Inforwars another site to be added under Domestic Propaganda.

AP Debunks Daily Caller Op-Ed Warning Of Obama Plot To Kill All Americans | Blog | Media Matters for America

The Associated Press has published an article debunking the conspiracy theory that a recent ammunition purchase by the Social Security Administration (SSA) signaled an attempt by the Obama administration to impose tyranny upon the American people. AP reporter Stephen Ohlemacher identified conspiracy website InfoWars.com and the right-wing online publication The Daily Caller as prominent pushers of the theory.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,311
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,108
Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,097 Posts
Default

So, when does the war start?

Or even mass protests and riots?

Hmm
Gmash is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #91 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Saint Cloud, FL
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): Huawei M835
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
So, when does the war start?

Or even mass protests and riots?

Hmm
It was probably just started by your typical all bark, no bite idiots. You know like the idiots who said if Bush was elected they would move to Canada back in the day? I knew a few of them, and none did AFAIK.
Apoplectic1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.