Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rico ANDROID
  • 1 Post By pastafarian
  • 1 Post By Speed Daemon
  • 1 Post By Bob Maxey
  • 1 Post By Bob Maxey

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default ITS ABOUT TIME: "Dump Trump" Campaign

Yep its about time for this looney to check himself in at Shady Acres:

He's shown signs of "knutting-up" one time too many.



saptech likes this.

Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 25th, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pâtes avec votre foie
 
pastafarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 5,443
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 2(Me), Evo4G LTE(Wife), Nexus 7, Nook Tablet All rooted? Of course!!
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,745
Thanked 4,404 Times in 1,950 Posts
pastafarianaf@gmail.com
Default

Moved to P&CA
Rico ANDROID likes this.
__________________
The RULES, follow them and prosper!

Did you forget to kiss a Mod today?
pastafarian is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pastafarian For This Useful Post:
Rico ANDROID (December 25th, 2012)
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

The Macy's most people only think remember is not the Macy's that filed for bankruptcy. Only us old farts remember the "real" Macy's. The Macy's before Federated. And I really do not remember the good old days, but I do remember what it must have been like.

The Macy's depicted in the Christmas movie that picture of Santa is taken from in the OPs post is and was not at all like the current store.

Not really sure why people are so upset at Trump. He is aggressive and somewhat abrasive, but an otherwise good guy.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Paradise
Posts: 493
 
Device(s): Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Can we also dump Barry?
__________________
Sprint Evo in Paradise! High taxes also, higher next year.
Benjie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 236 Times in 186 Posts
Default

yes lets bring back a failed business model and fire everyone when they file for bankruptcy again

the only reason trump has his hands in the business is because they collapsed and he saved them

I agree........ we need to unionize the workers and strike til they shut it down

ermahgerd...... some peoples children
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

It appears thatn MACEYS doesnt beg to, yet they differ from our "mi-noot" opinion how they run their business. Being that none of us sits in on board meetimgs, it seems apparent the ceos and stockholders see a need to remove this loose cannon.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 236 Times in 186 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
It appears thatn MACEYS doesnt beg to, yet they differ from our "mi-noot" opinion how they run their business. Being that none of us sits in on board meetimgs, it seems apparent the ceos and stockholders see a need to remove this loose cannon.
not exactly sure how you draw that conclusion

a few "loose cannons" (to coin a phrase)..... private unaffiliated citizens.... have started a campaign........ tantamount to girlscouts boycotting a store for not allowing cookie sales........ and you somehow believe this means ceos and stockholders want him out?

this is just another failed occupy tardville demonstration........ sponsored by extreme left wing idiots who wish to ban dissent

I suppose anyone who supports their right to free speech neglects to see the irony in trying to eliminate someone elses free speech

again.......... ermahgerd......... derp
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
not exactly sure how you draw that conclusion

a few "loose cannons" (to coin a phrase)..... private unaffiliated citizens.... have started a campaign........ tantamount to girlscouts boycotting a store for not allowing cookie sales........ and you somehow believe this means ceos and stockholders want him out?

this is just another failed occupy tardville demonstration........ sponsored by extreme left wing idiots who wish to ban dissent

I suppose anyone who supports their right to free speech neglects to see the irony in trying to eliminate someone elses free speech

again.......... ermahgerd......... derp
You are right about free speech, and you and I know its what the unanimous vote of shareholders and upper mgmt chooses to do. If Trump has been deemed a "liability" and a "loose cannon", then hey,....... derp-derp

Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 25th, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 236 Times in 186 Posts
Default

no..... neither one of us know its what a single shareholder nor anyone in management wants to do..... you point to a story that clearly says a group of protesters... not one mention of anyone affiliated with the company

this is what people who desire to ban his free speech want to do

ban all dissent

why pretend its anything other than that?

Im all ears if you have something factual that says otherwise
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
no..... neither one of us know its what a single shareholder nor anyone in management wants to do..... you point to a story that clearly says a group of protesters... not one mention of anyone affiliated with the company

this is what people who desire to ban his free speech want to do

ban all dissent

why pretend its anything other than that?

Im all ears if you have something factual that says otherwise
I am glad you said that. Because I KNEW you would counter with it's what the company wants if I started out with the demands are circulating around the Maceys stores by thiusands of emoloyees and customers. Thank you.


NOW THE POINT
Thank you for that last statement. I knew you would circle around to THAT if I started out making a comment that it is the board that makes the decisions. It proves that you didnt even read the linked article, but is bent in supporting JunkTrumpRants.

And your particular responses boils down to the same argument you tried to support Dumb Trump in a lost challenge posted in another discussion (click this link for reference).

BACK TO THE FACTS
The article clearly shows tha thousands upon thousands of growing petitioners including spokespersons, reps and customers of the Macy industries (who used to buy his crap) are sick and tired of this hairpiece blowing off the mouth as if hes some political figure to speak "for the (cough) people" in an "official challenger" to the president. The people, consumers (money) did not like his "Birth Certificate Derps" in the past and not how he reacted after a *** SECOND ELECTION***


Because of his unproffessional, unsolicited and self-assumimg actions, the "money" spent on Trump products in these stores are dwindling and about to cease. Let me spell it out for you now: When a product no longer proves profitable, it gets reviewed "by the board" in the end. Here's the sweet part: When enough of "you's and me's" (well you.bb can side with trump if you like) DRY UP the cash flow into these undesired products (yup thats what the article called "it's" fashion line), guess what?.....derp derp derp.

Thank you
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 26th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
no..... neither one of us know its what a single shareholder nor anyone in management wants to do..... you point to a story that clearly says a group of protesters... not one mention of anyone affiliated with the company

this is what people who desire to ban his free speech want to do

ban all dissent

why pretend its anything other than that?

Im all ears if you have something factual that says otherwise
I am glad you said that. Because I KNEW you would counter with it's what the company wants if I started out with the demands are circulating around the Maceys stores by thiusands of emoloyees and customers. Thank you.


NOW THE POINT

hmm it posted twice.....well, longhorn, you got the point....and Thank you for your opinion and concerns, they shall be taken into consideration.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 26th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 236 Times in 186 Posts
Default

wow how to even respond to that

you posted a link to another thread trying to make me look stupid about some other failed argument over trump......... the only problem with that is there isnt 1 single mention of donald trump in the entire thread you linked to

then you try to proclaim...... in some kind of gibberish incoherent rambling..... that you somehow knew I would call you out on your lack of facts.... which therefore proves your lack of facts are correct?

I would say that you have not read the article........ theres not a single mention in the article of any customer, manager, board member, stock holder, or anyone who has ever even been inside a macys

the article says a group of protesters..... a very small group all things considered....... for all we know the people who signed this petition may not even know that Macys is a store (did you know its a store?) ........ they are simply protesting Trump

I believe in free speech.... you have your right to speak your mind........ even if what you want to do is limit someone elses right

but you really shouldnt make up stuff and pretend its otherwise

this is a group of people.... including yourself.... who believe the right to free speech only matters when it agrees with you

ban all dissent
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
yes lets bring back a failed business model and fire everyone when they file for bankruptcy again

the only reason trump has his hands in the business is because they collapsed and he saved them

I agree........ we need to unionize the workers and strike til they shut it down

ermahgerd...... some peoples children
Are you saying it is better to let a business fail rather than have a white hat arrive and save the business? Sometimes, going bankrupt is the best thing that can happen to a company. It often gives the business a little breathing room so it can recover.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjie View Post
Can we also dump Barry?

This is the Internet . . . you can dump anyone you want to dump/
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

The only reason many of you do not like Mr. Trump is because you know him from TV and you think he is a loud mouthed fool. You know him because the press seems to play up his boisterous and narcissistic actions and tantrums. You know only "you're fired."

You do not actually know the guy and you have never done business with him.

Trump is often his own worse enemy. I'll admit he is rather obnoxious or he can be.

Without the attitude, the TV show and the constant public exposure, Donald Trump would be just another rich guy.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
wow how to even respond to that

you posted a link to another thread trying to make me look stupid about some other failed argument over trump......... the only problem with that is there isnt 1 single mention of donald trump in the entire thread you linked to

then you try to proclaim...... in some kind of gibberish incoherent rambling..... that you somehow knew I would call you out on your lack of facts.... which therefore proves your lack of facts are correct?

I would say that you have not read the article........ theres not a single mention in the article of any customer, manager, board member, stock holder, or anyone who has ever even been inside a macys

the article says a group of protesters..... a very small group all things considered....... for all we know the people who signed this petition may not even know that Macys is a store (did you know its a store?) ........ they are simply protesting Trump

I believe in free speech.... you have your right to speak your mind........ even if what you want to do is limit someone elses right

but you really shouldnt make up stuff and pretend its otherwise

this is a group of people.... including yourself.... who believe the right to free speech only matters when it agrees with you

ban all dissent
Nobody tried to "make you look stupid", you started the argumentative atmosphere addimg so-called "derps" to make the discussion look moot and pointless.

It merely reminded me of a similar "convo" you and I had in Nov. No one asked you to post here. Your free speech is welcomed, and so is a response to your question.

If the topic irks you that much, have a nice day and participate elsewhere on the forum.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 26th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Donald Trump dislikes Obama and he is vocal about his dislike. He thinks the Obama presidency is a travesty. He agrees with millions of Americans including myself.

The organizer of this protest selected an old photo of Trump. Not to be fair but to be mean. My guess is the majority of those that signed the petition either did not know what they were signing or they were told a few things about Trump that may or may not be true.

Some likely did not care ad certainly know nothing about Donald Trump but they want to feel included.

We know there are 400,000 signatures, but how many real ones? How many of those signers actually know anything other than what they have been spoon fed by the liberal side?

Trump is a good target to be sure. But so what? Trump said what he said and what he said is something I agree with except for the Birther parts. I admire the guy for making "the Donald' a brand people recognize and then build a great business on that.

The protesters certainly have a right to protest. But the public that watches this crap should have a right to some facts. About all some can do is dredge up old Trump stories like his bankruptcy which means almost nothing. They want to use it to further their causes and agendas and that is to damage Trump all the while forgetting his successes altogether.

Look, Trump is a smart and rather conservative guy and he is successful. He pays his fair share in taxes--both state and federal--and he does not like President Obama. This is why people like Trump are targeted by the left and for all we know, the protestor we are talking about is with the DNC.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Are you saying it is better to let a business fail rather than have a white hat arrive and save the business? Sometimes, going bankrupt is the best thing that can happen to a company. It often gives the business a little breathing room so it can recover.
I agree. just because trump is trump, it doesnt give him 51% stock in the company. Theres basically been a move to say they no longer feel his line is what sells and what they want to represent their store and name.

.......if trump is the.gentleman that he is, he would accept, rescend. If the company fails because Trumps fashions are rmoved, you are right: sometimes a fall helps an org to evaluate and rebuild.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Thats the millions perogative to dislike OBAMA. The world is well aware of which part of the presidentcy is "a travesty" to millions, but that doesnt matter, those "days" are done. If however, "travesty" refers to any other issue, that didnt stop his re election. The only thing it seem was "vocalized" were teleprompts and birth certificates in the first term......but again, we know the underlying factors....

That being said, its evident that there are mlions MORE that does like OBAMA .........Hes in office a second term, Trump's rants and millions spent on trying to "discredit" the president didnt work. Naturally theres anger and resentment over failure.

As far ss a business decision to distance and remove "trump influences" will be determined if "the millions" stop purchasing "trumpwear", making stocking his products a loss in revenue.

All in all, what it is , is what it is. trump hates obama, he made it vocal...millions hate trump, its been made vocal......free speech.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 26th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default Not Only Will Gr....(oops), Trump Cause Maceys To Lose $$$

Hes already costed The Republicans....

Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,033
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 541
Thanked 556 Times in 440 Posts
Default

Please don't feed the Trump. Even negative attention encourages it.
Rico ANDROID likes this.
Speed Daemon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
Please don't feed the Trump. Even negative attention encourages it.
Troo!...
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
Please don't feed the Trump. Even negative attention encourages it.
Trump does like the publicity. Even the bad does him some good, to some extent. Trump certainly loves Trump. He grows bigger when you feed him and if you refuse to feed him he really makes a noise.

He loves to go on and on about how great Trump is and his detractors love to go on and on about how horrible Trump is.

I just love to watch from the side lines. At least he dislikes the same things I dislike and I recognize he is a fairly smart guy. I would hang with him.

I would love to go to a club with Donald Trump, Snoop Dog, Charlie Sheen and Frank Sinatra. OK, toss in Ozzie Osborne and perhaps Bill Clifton. With Bill along, I believe that we will all get Secret Service protection.

It would be epic.

EDIT: to be very clear, I do love the Donald.
Rico ANDROID likes this.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Last edited by Bob Maxey; December 28th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
Rico ANDROID (December 28th, 2012)
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Trump does like the publicity. Even the bad does him some good, to some extent. Trump certainly loves Trump. He grows bigger when you feed him and if you refuse to feed him he really makes a noise.

He loves to go on and on about how great Trump is and his detractors love to go on and on about how horrible Trump is.

I just love to watch from the side lines. At least he dislikes the same things I dislike and I recognize he is a fairly smart guy. I would hang with him.

I would love to go to a club with Donald Trump, Snoop Dog, Charlie Sheen and Frank Sinatra. OK, toss in Ozzie Osborne and perhaps Bill Clifton. With Bill along, I believe that we will all get Secret Service protection.

It would be epic.
MAXX: You just described T H E Happn'n Party of 2013.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
Nobody tried to "make you look stupid", you started the argumentative atmosphere addimg so-called "derps" to make the discussion look moot and pointless.

It merely reminded me of a similar "convo" you and I had in Nov. No one asked you to post here. Your free speech is welcomed, and so is a response to your question.

If the topic irks you that much, have a nice day and participate elsewhere on the forum.
Hmmm . . . I think people should avoid posting disrespectful pictures in an effort to get their opinion, point or point of view across. I think it is unfair and somewhat lazy. If you require ‘shock and awe’ to get your point across, it is not a very valid point in most cases.

Just my 2 centavos, carry on.
Rico ANDROID likes this.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
MAXX: You just described T H E Happn'n Party of 2013.
Due tell . . . What is "T H E Happn'n Party of 2013?"
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Hmmm . . . I think people should avoid posting disrespectful pictures in an effort to get their opinion, point or point of view across. I think it is unfair and somewhat lazy. If you require ‘shock and awe’ to get your point across, it is not a very valid point in most cases.

Just my 2 centavos, carry on.
hmm im thinking people should not speak disrespectful of a president in office. its funny how the "respect" seems to always be a one-way road then when somethimg is stated about a "great hope" its disrespective. birth cirtificates, (cough) "free stuff" and telepromptsbare unfair, sewhat lazy...and barely shock andbawebtobget abpoint with not much point across.


just my peso
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 28th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Due tell . . . What is "T H E Happn'n Party of 2013?"
im not sure.....
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Hmmm . . . I think people should avoid posting disrespectful pictures in an effort to get their opinion, point or point of view across. I think it is unfair and somewhat lazy. If you require ‘shock and awe’ to get your point across, it is not a very valid point in most cases.

Just my 2 centavos, carry on.
I hardly think posting a pic (with a point) of a "nonpolitical official" is as tasteless and disrespectful as this. Click HERE (Another Trump Rant).


of course, just making a pointless point...
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
hmm im thinking people should not speak disrespectful of a president in office. its funny how the "respect" seems to always be a one-way road then when somethimg is stated about a "great hope" its disrespective. birth cirtificates, (cough) "free stuff" and telepromptsbare unfair, sewhat lazy...and barely shock andbawebtobget abpoint with not much point across.

just my peso
Well, if it is a 50 Peso Mexican gold coin, it can be worth perhaps $1,600.00. So perhaps your peso is worth something after all, RicoA.

One should respect the office of the president. Just do not start thinking that criticism is being rude or mean or disrespectful or nasty. I respect the Office of the President of the United States, but I also know that President Obama is making far too many mistakes.

Regardless, one must always respect arguably the most powerful man on the planet. I do not like President Obama, but that is not disrespect. This president has stifled business and caused problems. The facts bear this out.

Sadly, quoting facts often leads to accusations of being disrespectful, so I'll shut up.

I do think some people are disrespectful of the President and the office. They use rudeness and cruelty to try to make a point. Sadly, when you point out the problems with facts, you are called a liar or worse.

Criticizing the president is often taken as being nasty or rude or disrespectful. One can respect the man and be critical of his policies and actions at the same time.

Until the press respects the forth estate and people learn a little something more than sound bites, you will not be able to say anything about the President without being called bad things accused of disrespecting the Office of the President of the United States. Any man rising to that level in American politics deserves some measure of respect for getting there.

I would gladly work for the POTUS. Not sure he would hire a strong conservative, however. That only happens on the West Wing. If I were to meet President Obama, I would be absolutely respectful because the office demands it, as does common decency.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (December 28th, 2012), Rico ANDROID (December 28th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

The Internet is based upon pointless points. You are now part of the Fifth Estate.

The press selects pictures to make a point, good or bad or fair or unfair. If they love Trump, chances are good that the picture will look good. Not always.

I see great pictures of Trump in my latest issue of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and Glorious Trump." It was edited by Donald Trump because he told the editor, "You're Fired." I got a free subscription when I bought a case of "Trump - The Fragrance" at a Macey's 'going out of the Donald business' sale.

I recall the pictures of OJ. There was a publication that used a truly scary picture and later, a routine booking image, not so scary. The first picture was grainy, too much contrast and likely adjusted just to make OJ look evil.

As I recall, the bad look was used by a publication out to get OJ. Nick Nolte's arrest image was used for effect and I know you have seen that pic. He looked horrible.

Admittedly, the press uses pictures that shock to get people to read the article. Nothing new there.

I recall a quote, I will paraphrase: "a lie will go round the world while truth is pulling on its boots.’
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Thanks...will be takin into consideration
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
Hes already costed The Republicans....
To be clear, are you saying Trump's antics have cost the Republican Party something or another?

I'll proceed as though that is what you are saying. Corrections are welcome.

Yes. Sadly, yes, I think there is a modicum of truth in your comment.

We live in a world where one famous but silly Republican can cost his party something because many voters apparently think someone like a Trump represents the entire party.

Therefore, a bad Trump means a bad Republican party in the eyes of many.

What has cost the Republican party is the lack of action, the lack of a strong conservative and the lack of direction. No focus and no plan to solve the problems. Certainly not Mr. Trump!

I can guarantee the economy would improve if I were elected. I say this with absolute and zero BS confidence because what needs to be done is simple and straight-forward. I might not get elected because I KNOW what needs to be done will hurt many Americas. What needs to be done will be very hard on some people.

Forgetting the Senate and Congress, however. They can screw things up.

I think had a republican been elected, he or she might very well avoid his or her campaign promises. I do not see real changes until a strong conservative forgets about getting re-elected, grabs the country and drags it screaming and kicking out of the mess.

I guarantee what Trump does did not affect how I voted.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

good for you, sir. I certainly didnt effect how I voted since 2008....however,..looks like his rants didn't effect how AMERICA VOTED in 2012 either... evidently Trumps ineffective to say the least
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Last edited by Rico ANDROID; December 29th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,569
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,405
Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Here's a little "RETRO" for you... even though we know how it turned out already.. still funny:
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.