Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:04 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Never seen that one. Not that it matters Obama is in no way a Patriot.
I don't see how you can say Obama is not a patriot. Just because he (or anyone else for that matter) had different opinions from you does not mean that he doesn't have love of country.

Advertisements
__________________
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed frequently, and for the same reason." -Unknown
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:14 AM   #52 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

What does it matter where he is when he honors our milatary dead?

Ronald Reagan and George Bush also missed the ceremony at Arlington. I suppose they were not patriots either. And before you say that is not true, look it up.
 
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:21 AM   #53 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Sure he is a patriot. Why would you question his patriotism? Because he doesn't do things your way?
Care to give us some credible proof that he is a patriot? Or do you think he is a patriot because he does things your way?

Since this thread is about our flag and patriotism.....

Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Care to give us some credible proof that he is a patriot? Or do you think he is a patriot because he does things your way?
The poster who raised this question claimed Obama was not a patriot. You seem to agree. So...go ahead, make my day...prove your negative.

The photo you posted, by the way, proves nothing.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:02 AM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
I don't see how you can say Obama is not a patriot. Just because he (or anyone else for that matter) had different opinions from you does not mean that he doesn't have love of country.
Nothing to do with my views, he is anti constitution and for that matter he it anti American. His decisions reflect a consistent effort to under mind our security and integrity to appease other countries. His first priority should be to side with American, not apologize for actions that were necessary at the time. Also the way he treats our ONLY true ally in the middle east gives me every reason to believe he is in fact a muslim. And if he's lying about that it's reasonable to believe he's lying about his citizenship also.

This guy is "wishy washy" everything he does is wack.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Nothing to do with my views, he is anti constitution and for that matter he it anti American. His decisions reflect a consistent effort to under mind our security and integrity to appease other countries. His first priority should be to side with American, not apologize for actions that were necessary at the time. Also the way he treats our ONLY true ally in the middle east gives me every reason to believe he is in fact a muslim. And if he's lying about that it's reasonable to believe he's lying about his citizenship also.

This guy is "wishy washy" everything he does is wack.
Him being anti constitution is your view. I don't see anything he has done as going against the constitution. If here is something I'm sure the Supreme Court will step in and do something about it. All of the other things you mentioned seem to be views/opinions as well.

Also he goes to church and says he is a Christian. However, I don't think hes particularly religious at all. Even if he was a muslim I wouldn't care either way, what does that have to do with anything?

If he were lying about his citizenship that would be the biggest conspiracy/coverup in the history of the country. It would have had to be planned sense before his birth to pull it off, and so many people would have to be involved. Even the newspaper in Hawaii which showed his birth in the paper would have had to be in on it.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
The poster who raised this question claimed Obama was not a patriot. You seem to agree. So...go ahead, make my day...prove your negative.

The photo you posted, by the way, proves nothing.
Au contraire...you made a claim that Obama is a patriot. Therefore the ball is in your court to prove that he is.

The photo shows how little Obama cares for displaying patriotism and respect for our country, despite Snopes trying to give excuses to the contrary. You say that is nothing. Hmmm.....patriotism......hate for America......

Someone mentioned that Obama is not the first president to miss visiting Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day and laying a wreath. Technically true.....but let's look at that.


In 2002 President George W. Bush was in France on Memorial Day. He attended and participated in ceremonies at Normandy, you know, where D-Day was? (whoopsie! guess Bush bashing missed!)

During his presidency, President George H.W. Bush did not attend ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day. However, President Bush (41) is a World War 2 veteran and hero, having flown a TBF Avenger and was even shot down and rescued by a submarine. I think President Bush (41) earned Memorial Days off, don't you?

In 1981 President Reagan spent Memorial Day at his ranch in Santa Barbara, having been shot in an assassination attempt just six weeks earlier. In in 1983 he was attending a summit meeting. In 1987 he spent Memorial Day at Camp David. Could have been due to lasting effects of having been shot in that assassination attempt. In 1988 President Reagan was again working on Memorial Day, attending a summit.

Obama, never served in any military branch, therefore not a hero by even the loosest sense of the word, and not out of the country like Dubya, or working like Reagan....or recuperating or suffering lasting effects of being shot in an assassination attempt, chose to have his thug party in Chicago. He has done nothing to earn this day off. He isn't working either. The only reasonable explanation is Obama took the opportunity to thumb his nose at our heroes.


Of course, visiting Arlington National Cemetery (when possible, as illustrated above) on this day by a president shows respect, gratitude, and reverence to and for this nation's heroes. Of course, Obama is not known for respecting our heroes, or anything else positive with our military either.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Au contraire...you made a claim that Obama is a patriot. Therefore the ball is in your court to prove that he is.
Uh...that isn't how logical argument is carried on. It's up to you to prove Obama is not a patriot. You won't be3 able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
The photo shows how little Obama cares for displaying patriotism and respect for our country, despite Snopes trying to give excuses to the contrary. You say that is nothing. Hmmm.....patriotism......hate for America......
The photo you offered proves nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Someone mentioned that Obama is not the first president to miss visiting Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day and laying a wreath. Technically true.....but let's look at that...


Obama, never served in any military branch, therefore not a hero by even the loosest sense of the word,
That's utter nonsense. There are many ways to be a hero. Military service is just one of them, and just being in the military does not confer "hero-hood."

Oh, and it doesn't matter which military cemetery one visits. We have heroic military dead buried everywhere. I'd like to see a POTUS visit Gettysburg or Antietam on Memorial Day.

I do find it mildly humorous that you bring up George W. Bush. But that's for another thread.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM   #59 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Uh...that isn't how logical argument is carried on. It's up to you to prove Obama is not a patriot. You won't be3 able to do that.
Um, no. In debate, you make a claim, you prove your claim. It's not for me to prove the claims you make. Not surprising that you can't and apparently don't want to even try to defend your claim. After all, we're talking about Obama.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
The photo you offered proves nothing.
Is there a problem with your monitor? It clearly shows Obama showing disrespect. Might as well of just put his hands in his pockets and spit on the stage.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
That's utter nonsense. There are many ways to be a hero. Military service is just one of them, and just being in the military does not confer "hero-hood."
Well he sure as hell isn't Lassie and just saved Timmy from getting lost in the cave. Obama is nowhere near a hero. Failure, yes. Hero, no. Unless you mean the sandwich.

Unless you have served our country in the military, I don't think you are any authority to proclaim whether anyone in (or was in) our military a hero. Combat works for me, but there are other areas. Someone may have an MOS that is supportive, yet their actions can sometimes be most heroic. Like the guys in an E-2 Hawkeye. I knew a few guys that flew in those. Did an amazing job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Oh, and it doesn't matter which military cemetery one visits. We have heroic military dead buried everywhere.
Thing is that the presidents I mentioned that missed Arlington National Cemetery on this day had very good reasons like being out of the country, getting shot, working at a summit, being a WW 2 hero, are very understandable. Obviously Obama knows the tradition, importance, and expectation of him to visit Arlington or he wouldn't have sent Biden to fill-in. Obama just plain doesn't care. That is what makes the difference and shows his hate for America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
I'd like to see a POTUS visit Gettysburg or Antietam on Memorial Day.
Yes, me too. Very sacred ground. July 1st or even the 4th of July (when you have your date with Scarlett Johansson ) would be a great time for President Obama to visit Gettysburg and hold a ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
I do find it mildly humorous that you bring up George W. Bush. But that's for another thread.
Hey, I work with what I've got!
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:46 PM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

"Um, no. In debate, you make a claim, you prove your claim. It's not for me to prove the claims you make. Not surprising that you can't and apparently don't want to even try to defend your claim. After all, we're talking about Obama."

The reality is, I responded to a post made from your side of the aisle in which the claim was made that Obama was not a patriot. No proof was offered, and still hasn't been. It's a b.s. claim.

"Is there a problem with your monitor? It clearly shows Obama showing disrespect. Might as well of just put his hands in his pockets and spit on the stage."

Once again, the photo shows nothing, and it has a history, as you know, including the Snopes reference. Further, putting one's hand over one's heart is not necessarily an indicator of anything beyond honoring a custom.

"Unless you have served our country in the military, I don't think you are any authority to proclaim whether anyone in (or was in) our military a hero. "

Your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But that doesn't mean it has any particular validity. Again, because someone was in the military does not make that person a hero. Further, there are plenty of ways to be a hero without being in the military.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:09 PM   #61 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
The reality is, I responded to a post made from your side of the aisle in which the claim was made that Obama was not a patriot. No proof was offered, and still hasn't been. It's a b.s. claim.
However, I did not make the claim that Obama is not a patriot. You though did make the claim that he is. Therefore, I have asked you to prove your claim. It's not my responsibility to prove the claims of others regardless of which side of the aisle, but it is required that you prove yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Once again, the photo shows nothing, and it has a history, as you know, including the Snopes reference. Further, putting one's hand over one's heart is not necessarily an indicator of anything beyond honoring a custom.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But that doesn't mean it has any particular validity. Again, because someone was in the military does not make that person a hero. Further, there are plenty of ways to be a hero without being in the military.
For myself, I have no need for anyone to ever consider me a hero, regardless of my MOS and what I did. But there are other people that would not be regarded as "heroic" yet proved they had what it takes when events like an ambush, an IED, etc. happened. You wouldn't know of their bravery, but that's always the way it is. It's life.


Edit: Additionally, any member of our military, regardless of branch, that is KIA is someone that I (and every vet I know) would consider to be a hero. When the ultimate sacrifice is given, nothing can surpass that. Those men and women deserve the respect and gratitude they earned by giving their lives.

You might get a chuckle out of this:

Remember Darva Conger from that "Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?" show back in 2000? She claimed she was a Gulf War vet. She was a nurse and no one doubted her initially. Some time after the show and the ensuing "marriage" and annulment mess Conger was exposed as never having served in the Gulf. Her explanation? Something like "anyone that served in uniform during the Gulf War is a Gulf War vet, regardless of where they actually served!"
Fenga Papit is offline  
Last edited by Fenga Papit; May 31st, 2010 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:16 AM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Him being anti constitution is your view. I don't see anything he has done as going against the constitution. If here is something I'm sure the Supreme Court will step in and do something about it. All of the other things you mentioned seem to be views/opinions as well.
I suppose, but the constitution is very clear about some issues but Obama doesn't see it that way. Also the SC isn't exactly unfailing either. After all they are just humans....very disconnected humans.

Quote:
Also he goes to church and says he is a Christian. However, I don't think hes particularly religious at all. Even if he was a muslim I wouldn't care either way, what does that have to do with anything?
And before that he was muslim. It holds relevance with the way he treats our allies the Israelis?

Quote:
If he were lying about his citizenship that would be the biggest conspiracy/coverup in the history of the country. It would have had to be planned sense before his birth to pull it off, and so many people would have to be involved. Even the newspaper in Hawaii which showed his birth in the paper would have had to be in on it.
No it wouldn't have, all you need is a few "experts" to make it believable. What about his SS#? You don't think our politicians are capable of deceit at this level?
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:55 AM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
No it wouldn't have, all you need is a few "experts" to make it believable. What about his SS#? You don't think our politicians are capable of deceit at this level?
Wait, wait, don't tell me...are you questioning whether Obama has a Social Security number? Is this something new, or is it an adjunct to the so-called "birther" movement?
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:24 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Americas Flag

Quote:
Edit: Additionally, any member of our military, regardless of branch, that is KIA is someone that I (and every vet I know) would consider to be a hero. When the ultimate sacrifice is given, nothing can surpass that. Those men and women deserve the respect and gratitude they earned by giving their lives.
I 1000000% agree.

Darva was stupid.

Sent Using Tapatalk
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:24 AM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post


Edit: Additionally, any member of our military, regardless of branch, that is KIA is someone that I (and every vet I know) would consider to be a hero. When the ultimate sacrifice is given, nothing can surpass that. Those men and women deserve the respect and gratitude they earned by giving their lives.
What about firefighters and police killed in the line of duty? Are they heroes, too? What about peace workers killed in action? Are they heroes, too? How about frontline social workers killed in some of the tough neighborhoods they work? Are they heroes, too?

You don't have to be wearing a military uniform to be killed "in action."
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:11 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
I suppose, but the constitution is very clear about some issues but Obama doesn't see it that way.
Like what out of curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
And before that he was muslim. It holds relevance with the way he treats our allies the Israelis?
If your going to say hes a muslim, provide some kind of proof. How does it hold relevance with the way we treat Israel? I still don't see how what religion he follows makes a difference.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM   #67 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
What about firefighters and police killed in the line of duty? Are they heroes, too? What about peace workers killed in action? Are they heroes, too? How about frontline social workers killed in some of the tough neighborhoods they work? Are they heroes, too?

You don't have to be wearing a military uniform to be killed "in action."
I didn't ever say that only military personell are or could be heroes. Tell me, do you consider Obama to be a hero? If so, why?
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
I didn't ever say that only military personell are or could be heroes. Tell me, do you consider Obama to be a hero? If so, why?
To me, a hero is someone who exhibits extraordinary bravery, firmness, fortitude, or greatness of soul, in any course of action, or in connection with any pursuit, work, or enterprise.

I believe Obama will be judged a heroic figure.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
To me, a hero is someone who exhibits extraordinary bravery, firmness, fortitude, or greatness of soul, in any course of action, or in connection with any pursuit, work, or enterprise.

I believe Obama will be judged a heroic figure.
But that is not an answer to my question. Do you consider Obama a hero (now)? If so, why?
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
But that is not an answer to my question. Do you consider Obama a hero (now)? If so, why?

To stand for the highest political office in this country as a black man in 2008 with all the loonies who apparently want to see him dead? Sure.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
To stand for the highest political office in this country as a black man in 2008 with all the loonies who apparently want to see him dead? Sure.
I'd say you have a very loose definition of what a "hero" is then. Obama did nothing even remotely heroic before he was elected and hasn't since, either.

This is what I don't get about Obama fanbois. He ran for office because and was elected because of his skin color (you admitted to that) by libs that were tripping over themselves to prove they aren't racist. Any dissension or criticism of Obama is called "racist" and you even say "loonies" want him dead. Death threats are part of every president. But you hold Obama as special because of people that may want him dead? Dead is dead, regardless of reasons. Look at Hinkley and Reagan. Would the real reason have mattered if Hinkley had been successful? By your logic Reagan was a much better president than Obama because Reagan was actually shot by a loony.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
I'd say you have a very loose definition of what a "hero" is then.
Usually, I'm a pretty polite guy. So, please don't take offense at this. I don't give a tinker's dam about what those on what I consider the far right think or say.

I don't try to convince readers of these sorts of groups to agree with me. I don't care if they do or they don't. I also don't pay much attention to the opinions of those on the far right. It's not that I have a closed mind; I don't. I do read some conservative writers. But the far right...not so much.

I'm a moderate, by the way, but probably not by your standards.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM   #73 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Usually, I'm a pretty polite guy. So, please don't take offense at this. I don't give a tinker's dam about what those on what I consider the far right think or say.

I don't try to convince readers of these sorts of groups to agree with me. I don't care if they do or they don't. I also don't pay much attention to the opinions of those on the far right. It's not that I have a closed mind; I don't. I do read some conservative writers. But the far right...not so much.

I'm a moderate, by the way, but probably not by your standards.
I understand where you're coming from, because I'm the same way. Example: I have been called a racist by a black woman while in line at Wal-Mart because myself and a black friend were discussing Obama. I criticized Obama, my friend concurred, and she overheard. Called me a racist, but not my black friend. So I told her she was actually the racist. She sputtered because by the rules of libs, I was supposed to slink off, say nothing, and feel badly. I didn't because I don't give a flying fark what liberals thing of my views. Far lefties or otherwise.

I'm more of a moderate myself, but that word has several definitions politically. With libs that I am acquainted with, it means "You have to agree with me then or you're a neo-con" Yeah, big deal. Labels like that from a lib mean just so much to me.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
I understand where you're coming from, because I'm the same way. Example: I have been called a racist by a black woman while in line at Wal-Mart because myself and a black friend were discussing Obama. I criticized Obama, my friend concurred, and she overheard. Called me a racist, but not my black friend. So I told her she was actually the racist. She sputtered because by the rules of libs, I was supposed to slink off, say nothing, and feel badly. I didn't because I don't give a flying fark what liberals thing of my views. Far lefties or otherwise.

I'm more of a moderate myself, but that word has several definitions politically. With libs that I am acquainted with, it means "You have to agree with me then or you're a neo-con" Yeah, big deal. Labels like that from a lib mean just so much to me.
I remember watching some TV show where a black family just moved into the neighborhood. There was a black guy in his 20's as a part of the family and he was this angry guy. A white guy also in his 20's was trying to befriend him and the black guy kept finding every way to make the white guy be the bad guy. Finally the white guy just called the black guy out, saying that that black guy focused more on skin color than anyone else there. People didn't want to hang out with him not because he was black but because he was a pissed off bitter guy that was mean to everyone.

I also taught a student in my class that kept viewing herself as a victim. She was mix black and latina and always spent time complaining about how the system is prejudiced against her and unfair. While I agreed with her that the system is not fair I told her very firmly that life is a bitch. You can either whine about it and play the victim and be the victim or fight and get out of the hell hole you are in. Who knows if she will listen.

I know there are still racist people around for sure. But as a culture, race, group whatevers, people gotta stop pigeon holing themselves as being the victim. This is probably taboo to say this but I feel like blacks (and other races as well) completely limit themselves from every becoming better by keeping on playing the victim and seeing persecution everywhere. You are only as strong and powerful as you make yourself to be. If you keep on wanting hand outs and support for everything "to help you improve your life" you will just depend on it for the rest of your life.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:57 AM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Like what out of curiosity.
the 2nd to start with....

Quote:
If your going to say hes a muslim, provide some kind of proof. How does it hold relevance with the way we treat Israel? I still don't see how what religion he follows makes a difference.
I have no proof what he is or isn't. It's a well know fact that he was muslim before he converted to christianity, which if I might add, a muslim changing his religion is within the odds of winning the lottery. And if you can't figure out how this hold relevance with how our relationship with Israel has changed in the last couple months then all reasoning is lost on you.

Do you really like the guy or some thing?
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
I remember watching some TV show where a black family just moved into the neighborhood. There was a black guy in his 20's as a part of the family and he was this angry guy. A white guy also in his 20's was trying to befriend him and the black guy kept finding every way to make the white guy be the bad guy. Finally the white guy just called the black guy out, saying that that black guy focused more on skin color than anyone else there. People didn't want to hang out with him not because he was black but because he was a pissed off bitter guy that was mean to everyone.

I also taught a student in my class that kept viewing herself as a victim. She was mix black and latina and always spent time complaining about how the system is prejudiced against her and unfair. While I agreed with her that the system is not fair I told her very firmly that life is a bitch. You can either whine about it and play the victim and be the victim or fight and get out of the hell hole you are in. Who knows if she will listen.

I know there are still racist people around for sure. But as a culture, race, group whatevers, people gotta stop pigeon holing themselves as being the victim. This is probably taboo to say this but I feel like blacks (and other races as well) completely limit themselves from every becoming better by keeping on playing the victim and seeing persecution everywhere. You are only as strong and powerful as you make yourself to be. If you keep on wanting hand outs and support for everything "to help you improve your life" you will just depend on it for the rest of your life.
Good post, but I think it goes even deeper. The blacks have been beneficiaries to a lot of handouts, over the years this has eroded their drive to succeed. Not all of course, but there's a defined line that separates go-getters and the where's my money that I'm entitled to because of what your ancestors did to mine. If you want an extreme example of this look at the native Americans. Their culture is all but gone and they as a people are not far behind.

I MUST add that I think Indian culture is way cool and I cannot help but respect ANYONE that succeeds with honesty and integrity. Which is why I HATE social programs because they are neither honest or successful and run on those who are. Bad, bad, bad ,bad, bad.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:56 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
the 2nd to start with....



I have no proof what he is or isn't. It's a well know fact that he was muslim before he converted to christianity, which if I might add, a muslim changing his religion is within the odds of winning the lottery. And if you can't figure out how this hold relevance with how our relationship with Israel has changed in the last couple months then all reasoning is lost on you.

Do you really like the guy or some thing?
What in terms of the right to bear arms has he taken away?

How has he changed our relationship with Israel? And if he has why is it because of his supposed religion?

Actually I don't like him in many ways, however you made some claims and I am wondering why.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:25 PM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
What in terms of the right to bear arms has he taken away?
Actually nothing...maybe he won't touch the issue, but I don't see him as most Americans do. There is much more to his political career then pre elections 2008. His stance on gun ownership is unconstitutional. This is also why I do not for a second believe he's christian.
Quote:
How has he changed our relationship with Israel? And if he has why is it because of his supposed religion?

Actually I don't like him in many ways, however you made some claims and I am wondering why.
Well you did hear of him walking out of a meeting with the Israeli PM leaving him at the table thinking "wtf mate"? The PM and his delegation left Washington "embarrassed". Then more recently he stated during a trip to the UN that Israel should be treated the same way Iran is being treated in regards to Nuclear weapons. Iran has made very public threats to destroy American AND Israel and kill all of their citizens while Israel is our strongest Allie. Realizing that he was loosing American-Israeli support he tried to invite the PM back last week which never happened because of the whole flotilla thing. As far as why, well, radical muslims do not like Americans and Muslims in general don't like Israel. I didn't really need to make that connection though did I?
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM   #79 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Actually nothing...maybe he won't touch the issue, but I don't see him as most Americans do. There is much more to his political career then pre elections 2008. His stance on gun ownership is unconstitutional. This is also why I do not for a second believe he's christian.
I don't give a damn what his religious beliefs are, so long as he doesn't try to force them onto others.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Then more recently he stated during a trip to the UN that Israel should be treated the same way Iran is being treated in regards to Nuclear weapons. Iran has made very public threats to destroy American AND Israel and kill all of their citizens while Israel is our strongest Allie. Realizing that he was loosing American-Israeli support he tried to invite the PM back last week which never happened because of the whole flotilla thing. As far as why, well, radical muslims do not like Americans and Muslims in general don't like Israel. I didn't really need to make that connection though did I?
I doubt that he said Israel should be treated the same way as Iran in regards to nuclear weapons. If you have a link or something I'll check it out. Israel already has nuclear weapons, Iran doesn't. Other then the fact that Iran is likely to use them if the get them, the fact that one of the countries has them and the other doesn't is reason to treat them differently.

Also I find it disagreeable to associate the entire Islamic religion with the political ambitions of a few. Throughout history people have used religion to justify and gain support for their political cause, but don't confuse that with it actually being supported by the religion. It is often easy to convince someone to join you if you tell them that God wants you to and he will reward you for it. This has been done by most major religions. People who claimed to be Christians were certainly guilty of this during the Spanish Inquisition and during the Crusades. Does that mean that it was part of the religion itself or was supported by the relation? Of course not.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Which is why I HATE social programs because they are neither honest or successful and run on those who are. Bad, bad, bad ,bad, bad.
I can't help it, but I don't believe all social programs will cripple the very people the program serves. Perhaps we haven't found a way yet.

Quote:
His stance on gun ownership is unconstitutional. This is also why I do not for a second believe he's christian.
What does gun ownership have anything to do with being a Christian?

Quote:
Well you did hear of him walking out of a meeting with the Israeli PM leaving him at the table thinking "wtf mate"? The PM and his delegation left Washington "embarrassed".
Personal opinion here, but Israel's timing to announce they will continue building more housing on disputed and internationally not recognized as belonging to Israel territory right when we had the Vice President of the United States visiting to kick start the indirect negotiation is a slap in the face to the U.S. It's like you as a judge showing up to court to start the proceedings and you arrive to find one of the party already went off and did things on their own. That was a WTF moment.

The U.S had to respond similarly towards Israel to express disapproval.

The Israeli government has been making rather poor decisions lately. They have to have known that emotions have been running high regarding the blockade of Gaza. How smart is it to drop a handful of Israeli commandos into the middle of a ship where they can be easily immediately surrounded. From the reports the other ships were already stopped by other means, meaning people on the remaining ship are probably rather ticked off. Dropping armed men into a mob is just asking for trouble.

If that was the U.S or some Muslim country that did that the U.S and American Israeli supporter would be up in arms. But since it was Israel that did it...well, then it is understandable.

Quote:
Muslims in general don't like Israel
While this can be true, one needs to see it from [added]Middle Eastern[added] Muslim countries' point of view. Why is it that Israel gets to claim Jerusalem as theirs?? I understand Jews needing a homeland after the Holocaust, but why Jerusalem? Claiming Biblical ties as a "evidence" that Jerusalem belongs to the Jews is about as ridiculous as claim as you can get. When Israel was carved out post WW2, people were already living there. Why did the Western world not carve out a chunk of land from their own territory?? Why carve it from someone else's territory? The answer is simple: because at that time the Arab nations did not have the military power to resist. Big mistake. Because anyone who knows a little about history is that region of the world has LOOOONG memories and do not forget or forgive very easily.

Now the problem has taken a life of its own. After multiple wars and loss of lives grudges runs deep and reason has left a long time ago. I can't tell you a quick solution to all this, but it does have to start with the U.S being fair and Israel needs to stop being a bully and acting unilaterally.
DrScrubs is offline  
Last edited by DrScrubs; June 2nd, 2010 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
While this can be true, one needs to see it from Muslim countries' point of view.
Just to point out, there are a lot more muslim countries than just the ones in the middle east. Actually only 20% of the muslim population lives in the middle east. Most live in other areas of Asia, very large amounts in Indonesia, and also a large amount in northern africa.
Zenze is offline  
Last edited by Zenze; June 2nd, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Just to point out, there are a lot more muslim countries than just the ones in the middle east. Actually only 20% of the muslim population lives in the middle east.
Very good point. Wonder if Indonesia dislikes Israel?
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Ok you guys make it really hard to want to read. You take what I say and twist it. You cite history when it's conveniant but forget to mention how "that" history came to be. It's borderline impossible to keep you guys on topic and words games are just the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sorry but I'm not wasting my time....oh and that's is also NOT an opinion.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
I doubt that he said Israel should be treated the same way as Iran in regards to nuclear weapons. If you have a link or something I'll check it out. Israel already has nuclear weapons, Iran doesn't. Other then the fact that Iran is likely to use them if the get them, the fact that one of the countries has them and the other doesn't is reason to treat them differently.
Let me google that for you
Israel recoils as US backs nuclear move

Quote:
Also I find it disagreeable to associate the entire Islamic religion with the political ambitions of a few.
Few? more like most
Quote:
Throughout history people have used religion to justify and gain support for their political cause, but don't confuse that with it actually being supported by the religion.
What does this have to do with 2010?
Quote:
It is often easy to convince someone to join you if you tell them that God wants you to and he will reward you for it.
Sounds muslim doesn't it?
Quote:
This has been done by most major religions. People who claimed to be Christians were certainly guilty of this during the Spanish Inquisition and during the Crusades. Does that mean that it was part of the religion itself or was supported by the relation? Of course not.
Again, 2010 here.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

In the mid to late 1990s, the "good christians" of the former yugoslavia engaged in the wholesale ethnic cleansing and murder of tens of thousands or more of muslim in their geographic area. The point is that virtually every religion's followers have engaged in bloodthirsty murders in the name of their deity.

In this country, we have "good christians" blowing up women's clinics, murdering doctors, putting on ugly protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers, bashing gays, et cetera, all in the name of their deity.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 05:38 AM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256
 
Device(s): HTC One S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Negative proof fallacy: that, because a premise cannot be proven false, the premise must be true; or that, because a premise cannot be proven true, the premise must be false.

Stop with this saying obama is or isn't patriotic. I believe that he is patriotic in some ways and in other ways not so much lending to show it. Even though I differ with many of his policies what good does arguing over if he is or isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
To stand for the highest political office in this country as a black man in 2008 with all the loonies who apparently want to see him dead? Sure.
Why do people label him as a "black" man when he's less or equally "black" as he is other nationality. And it isn't as much that they label him black, it's more so that people focus so damn much on that. Like oh he's the first black president, he must be a hero or something, or get a peace prize. Unless race is just skin deep. Or apparently race matters so much. I guess those blacks are bellow others that it is that much more of an accomplishment! Reverse racism, is just as much racism as racism.
MJM128 is offline  
Last edited by MJM128; June 4th, 2010 at 05:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #88 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
In the mid to late 1990s, the "good christians" of the former yugoslavia engaged in the wholesale ethnic cleansing and murder of tens of thousands or more of muslim in their geographic area. The point is that virtually every religion's followers have engaged in bloodthirsty murders in the name of their deity.
You conveniently failed to mention that those "good Christians" as you call them (more like mock) had been threatened and attacked by the Muslims themselves in an effort to rid former Yugoslavia of Christians.

Quote:
If organised crime is a way of life in Kosovo, so is the systematic destruction of churches: more than 150 churches and monasteries have been blown up on the UN’s watch in the last nine years, as Albanians seek not only to expel all Serbs from the province but also to eradicate any physical record of their ever having been their in the first place. Kosovo, one should never forget, is the original heartland of medieval Serbia, the Serbs having migrated North to Belgrade and the Pannonian plane beyond as a result of the Turkish invasions. Images of an angry mob pulling down crosses and stamping on them, such as were filmed on 17 March 2004, have not been seen since the early years of the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia; just under a century later they are now, once again, part of Europe’s present....
Kosovo: Lost to Serbia and to the West

Quote:
Like all wars, atrocities took place on all sides but the mass media in general focused on Serbian atrocities, while neglecting brutal crimes committed against the Serbian community. This certainly applies to the glossing over of war crimes done by the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA).

However, more and more evidence is coming to light about brutal KLA death camps and killing people for organs. Therefore, will former KLA members be charged with war crimes and will the "real truth" be told about international collusion? If not, then where does this leave Kosovo?


Also, since the ending of the conflict it is clear that countless numbers of Christian Orthodox Churches have been destroyed and non-Albanian culture is on the wane. Added to this, thousands of people have been killed by Albanian nationalists and innocent Serbians, Roma, and others, have “been killed in silence” because it doesn’t suit the interests of America, the United Kingdom, and other nations who supported the KLA.
American Council for Kosovo - Violence Against Christian Serbs and Their Holy Places

Now that those "good Christians" are beaten and the religion of peace is in power, the "good Muslims" are destroying Christian churches and monasteries, trying to wipe out any reference to the Serb Christians. But you must be fine with this since you clearly took the side of the religion of peace and mocked the Christian Serbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
In this country, we have "good christians" blowing up women's clinics, murdering doctors, putting on ugly protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers, bashing gays, et cetera, all in the name of their deity.
Who decides if these people are "good Christians"? You? Please post your qualifications and credentials. Of course you do know that the Westboro church you allude to was founded by and is lead by a "good liberal Democrat," right? Of course you do.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Few? more like most
No, more like few. Like I said before only 20% of the worlds muslims live in the middle east. And even amoung those the majority are still not intent on going around killing people. Indonesia has the biggest muslim population by far and they don't seem to be pissed off at Isreal or anything like that. Why? Because the conflicts in the middle east are poilitically based, not religious. Leaders use religion to gain support for their goals by lying to their followers and promising them things that are not even supported by their religious texts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
What does this have to do with 2010?
It has the do with 2010 because that is exactly what is going on in the middle east right now. It's nothing new and its been done by every major religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Sounds muslim doesn't it?
Sounds like every major religion when you look at history.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Just for that, I'm wearing an American flag Every May 5th from now on.
__________________
Useful links: The Rules | The Team | FAQ | Unanswered Threads |
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
You conveniently failed to mention that those "good Christians" as you call them (more like mock) had been threatened and attacked by the Muslims themselves in an effort to rid former Yugoslavia of Christians.

Who decides if these people are "good Christians"? You? Please post your qualifications and credentials. Of course you do know that the Westboro church you allude to was founded by and is lead by a "good liberal Democrat," right? Of course you do.
You missed the point. The point was that almost every religion and its practitioners have engaged in practices that result in the murder of those whose religious beliefs differ. Christians are not exempt from these practices.

Who decides which followers are "good christians"? Usually the followers make such proclamations about and for themselves.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #92 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
Just for that, I'm wearing an American flag Every May 5th from now on.
I'll be burning the flag of Mexico in public as well as dragging one on the ground next May 5th. Liberals love it when Mexicans do this to the American flag - or the liberals just do it themselves, so I expect full support from liberals.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
Just for that, I'm wearing an American flag Every May 5th from now on.
How about on March 17th?

Ebert thinks that those boys should have to sit with those wearing the Hammer and Sickle on 7/4. That's pretty stupid for a simple reason:
5/5 isn't an important holiday to the Mexican people in Mexico really. I mean It would be more offensive to wear something commemorating Bastille Day or something like that.

If someone wore the Hammer and Sickle this July 4th, I wouldn't care. If someone wore the Confederate Flag on that day I wouldn't care. (It would be tacky to wear it on Martin Luther King Day, but hey I don't really care.)

Roger Ebert is stupid (he sucks at reviewing movies anyway,) that principal is stupid (his school system has a pathetic literacy rate. He probably went there,) and I am sure this is Bush's fault somehow.
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 209
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
The Hispanic kids were allowed to wear their Mexican flag attire for a FAKE holiday that is not even celebrated in Mexico except for a small area. The kids sporting American flag attire had their civil rights violated. According to libtard logic, that is racist. It is offensive. It is an outrage.

You probably can't understand that until the next time something comes up with a Hispanic on the short end of the stick, then the usual libtard rhetoric will spew forth.

See above. I'm taking a rule from the libtard playbook and reversing it.

Oh, and the thread title isn't mine. And you made a typo in my screen name.

I explained above why I said the racist attitudes of libtards played in this decision by the school. Add to that the school official that sent the kids home is Hispanic. Reverse the situation and I am certain you would be charging a white school official sending Hispanic kids home as racist.

Libtards also say the American flag is offensive!

YouTube - Old Glory 'Offensive'?

I'm fairly certain you are wrong. In the above video the teacher praised a kid drawing Obama but told the little girl that her drawing of the American flag was offensive. Since libtards love to charge those that disagree with or criticize Obama as racist, this teacher is also racist. And ignorant. These kinds of people should not be teaching children in any capacity.
Free phone to the first person who can bold all of the non sequiturs in this post. (not really, just a fun game)

EDIT: Free case to the person who can point out all of the inferences and false conjectures too.
mkeath is offline  
Last edited by mkeath; June 16th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #95 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: Americas Flag

Quote:
Quote:
Never seen that one. Not that it matters Obama is in no way a Patriot.
I don't see how you can say Obama is not a patriot. Just because he (or anyone else for that matter) had different opinions from you does not mean that he doesn't have love of country.
I personally don't think obama is a patriot. He refuses to salute our flag during the national anthem, both symbols of our country.

In my book, anyone who dismiss's, comes against, or doesn't honor a symbol of our country, is not a patriot.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
I personally don't think obama is a patriot. He refuses to salute our flag during the national anthem, both symbols of our country.

In my book, anyone who dismiss's, comes against, or doesn't honor a symbol of our country, is not a patriot.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
Thats a fair enough reason to base your personal opinion off.

Most of the time he does salute the flag, but as we all know there are times that he doesn't. It is a bit strange, but personally I think there are more significant ways to measure patriotism.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Thats a fair enough reason to base your personal opinion off.

Most of the time he does salute the flag, but as we all know there are times that he doesn't. It is a bit strange, but personally I think there are more significant ways to measure patriotism.

Like what? bumper stickers? Get real....
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #98 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
I personally don't think obama is a patriot. He refuses to salute our flag during the national anthem, both symbols of our country.

In my book, anyone who dismiss's, comes against, or doesn't honor a symbol of our country, is not a patriot.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
Superficial patriotism, at best. Real patriotism involves working to better your country, state, city, community, et cetera, and in defending your country and your fellow citizens, and in improving the possibilities of their futures.

A guy who goes to a ballgame and stands while the National Anthem is playing may be a patriot. A teacher who spends extra hours above and beyond to tutor kids so they can read and write is a patriot.

Actions speak a lot louder than symbolism.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #99 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: Americas Flag

Quote:
Quote:
I personally don't think obama is a patriot. He refuses to salute our flag during the national anthem, both symbols of our country.

In my book, anyon
Superficial patriotism, at best. Real patriotism involves working to better your country, state, city, community, et cetera, and in defending your country and your fellow citizens, and in improving the possibilities of their futures.

A guy who goes to a ballgame and stands while the National Anthem is playing may be a patriot. A teacher who spends extra hours above and beyond to tutor kids so they can read and write is a patriot.

Actions speak a lot louder than symbolism.
Ummm your way off base here, (again, big surprise right?)

Someone being a good teacher has absolutely nothing to do with being a patriot.. o.O sometimes I wonder who line feeds you this crap. Or do you just make it up?

So tell me, what has obama done to better the country? All I see is things he wanted to do that have made the country worse off.

Any patriot who is physically capable will salute our national flag(especially during the national anthem). Period. Anyone who doesn't, simply isn't a patriot. Period. In some places, that would be looked on as treason. Obama can thank god(or is it allah, for him?)this is the land of tolerance.

Man hakr, at the rate your going, your going to need a space shuttle to catch your credibility.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Like what? bumper stickers? Get real....
What? Who said anything about bumper stickers???

Actually doing something to improve or serve your country is the most important form of patriotism in my view.

The proper way to be patiotic is a personal opinion, there is no right or wrong way. Others may disagree with this but its their right to do so.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.