Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree6Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 30
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
So by your own argument you are admitting that your view of Fox News leans less to the right than MSNBC to the left is incorrect.

Personally I think that anyone who views Fox and MSNBC as anything other and equal and opposite is only kidding themselves. They are the exact same, just opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Also, I have failed to see how CNN is in any way liberal. However, I think they are just as bad as the other two. They try so hard not to not come off as conservative or liberal that they have pretty much stopped reporting any news and just read off twitter feeds...

We lack a decent source of news in the US imo...
Zenze... I don't expect you to understand my argument. It is true that my personal biases lead me to believe that Fox News is less biased to the right than MSNBC is to the left. However, I feel that overall ratings would give us a definitive answer as to which station is less biased and a more trusted network. Don't tell me that the results just mean that their are more conservatives out there then there are liberals, because we as a nation obviously decided that we wanted liberal socialism over social conservatism back in 2008. Look those ratings up on google and report back to me as soon as possible.

Also, your argument that CNN has no liberal bias in anyway is rather biased in and of itself. It sounds to me like you do not enjoy watching CNN because you find it boring as compared to other networks. I don't know how you could come to the conclusion that CNN has no liberal bias when you don't even watch the network because you find it so boring. I guarantee that if you watched for just a little bit longer, and you leave your left leaning biases at of the equation, you will certainly find that CNN finds itself right in the middle of the left leaning mass media mess that we Americans have to put up with every single day.

jhelwege is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post
Zenze... I don't expect you to understand my argument. It is true that my personal biases lead me to believe that Fox News is less biased to the right than MSNBC is to the left. However, I feel that overall ratings would give us a definitive answer as to which station is less biased and a more trusted network. Don't tell me that the results just mean that their are more conservatives out there then there are liberals, because we as a nation obviously decided that we wanted liberal socialism over social conservatism back in 2008. Look those ratings up on google and report back to me as soon as possible.

Also, your argument that CNN has no liberal bias in anyway is rather biased in and of itself. It sounds to me like you do not enjoy watching CNN because you find it boring as compared to other networks. I don't know how you could come to the conclusion that CNN has no liberal bias when you don't even watch the network because you find it so boring. I guarantee that if you watched for just a little bit longer, and you leave your left leaning biases at of the equation, you will certainly find that CNN finds itself right in the middle of the left leaning mass media mess that we Americans have to put up with every single day.
I don't think that just because a lot of people believe that something is correct makes it correct. I also don't think that just because a lot of people watch a news station makes that station in any way balanced. If you think the majority is always right... well I disagree. Also, WAY more people watch network news than cable news. For example ABC averaged 7 million viewers the week of May 3rd(other network news channels are similar) and Fox had 1.1 million on May 17th. So your saying that ABC CBS and other network news stations are the least biased.

I actually don't find CNN boring, I never said that. And I do watch it, they have news playing were I work and CNN is on a good deal. However I still feel that it is not left leaning. Of course there is the possibility this is just my bias blinding me, however I don't think it is. I have seen stories on CNN, that would support the cause of either democrats or republicans, and they leave out certain aspects of the story to make it seem more neutral. In the past they may have been left leaning, but I don't see it now.
__________________
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed frequently, and for the same reason." -Unknown
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

For some comedic relief.

Lewis Black: "Glenn Beck Has Nazi Tourette's" (VIDEO)
OutofDate1980 likes this.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrScrubs For This Useful Post:
Zenze (May 28th, 2010)
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
This is/was one of my favorites from the daily show. Sooooo funny
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post
Second, name an "outright made up story" that has been displayed on Fox... If you are going to make a statement such as this, you should probably try to back it up with some solid information. Otherwise, it seems like you are outright making up a story...

Third, if you want to talk about campaign donations look up on google the amount that Obama/Biden received overall versus the amount McCain/Palin received overall. Your argument here is completely worthless... If you think that Palin is the only politician who has ever been slightly hypocritical in accepting money from donations (and you think this only because she is very conservative) than I hope that this November you do not waste your time making uninformed decisions at the polls... You will do your country a service by staying home... trust me.
The lies that the Fox Boys present have been shown to be lies over and over and over. Denying this is like denying that Rush Limbaugh lies, or that Glenn Beck lies. The proof is out there, readily available, and no one needs to point anyone to it.

Sarah Palin, now there's someone worth ripping into, and from many directions: liar, bad parent, uninformed, intellectually lazy, a quitter, hate-filled, rabble-rouser, and those are her good attributes. I hope the GOP picks her as its nominee in 2012.

Run, Sarah, run!
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,413
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,651
Thanked 10,861 Times in 5,522 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
The lies that the Fox Boys present have been shown to be lies over and over and over.
If you want to debate then you're going to have to furnish some concrete evidence. I'm getting a bit tired of the "he says/she says" games.... this is supposedly a forum for grown-up debates.

Quote:
Sarah Palin, now there's someone worth ripping into, and from many directions: liar, bad parent, uninformed, intellectually lazy, a quitter, hate-filled, rabble-rouser
I'm not entirely sure why Ms Palin keeps cropping up in a thread concerning Limbaugh and Beck?
Slug is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post
Second, name an "outright made up story" that has been displayed on Fox... If you are going to make a statement such as this, you should probably try to back it up with some solid information. Otherwise, it seems like you are outright making up a story...
Not an outright made up story by Fox News but lies nonetheless. And without further adieu, ladies and gentlemen!! I give you...Jon Stewart.

[Video] Jon Stewart Goes Off On Repubs Against ‘Nuclear Arms Treaty’|Morninpaper

And as Slug says, let's not just make a comment without evidence! Cite your evidence, otherwise it is just hearsay.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post
Alright Brab, I was about ready to stop wasting my time on this thread but your multitude of misinformation has lead me to believe that it is worth my time to try and correct you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post

First, it is your opinion that CNN is the least biased of all news channels... It is my opinion that the Communist News Network is not even close to unbiased... You feel that CNN conveys information you can agree with and believe in, thus you also feel they are the most unbiased. You disagree with every opinion or piece of information that Fox conveys to its audience on a nightly basis, thus you believe they are the most biased...

Second, name an "outright made up story" that has been displayed on Fox... If you are going to make a statement such as this, you should probably try to back it up with some solid information. Otherwise, it seems like you are outright making up a story...

Third, if you want to talk about campaign donations look up on google the amount that Obama/Biden received overall versus the amount McCain/Palin received overall. Your argument here is completely worthless... If you think that Palin is the only politician who has ever been slightly hypocritical in accepting money from donations (and you think this only because she is very conservative) than I hope that this November you do not waste your time making uninformed decisions at the polls... You will do your country a service by staying home... trust me.


Okay, you asked for Google support, here it is:

Center for Responsive Politics: "The $71,051 that Obama received during the 2008 election cycle was entirely from BP employees" and constituted under 0.01% of his total contributions
So far in 2010, the oil and gas industries have contributed $12.8 million to all candidates, with 71% of that money going to Republicans. During the 2008 election cycle, 77% of the industry’s $35.6 million in contributions went to Republicans, and in the 2008 presidential contest, Republican candidate Sen. John McCain received more than twice as much money from the oil and gas industries as Obama: McCain collected $2.4 million; Obama, $898,000.

Further, you asked to present examples of lies by FOX. Okay. A few months back, when the T-partys were so hot, FOX sponsored aired the live goings on of one such event in DC. It was on a Hannity show and they went to a live broadcast from the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HeJuBcI3Y

This not the only time Hannity has inflated the attendance of these event, but this one was down right obvious.

I can find many others if you'd like me to. But you can do it youself. Just google FOX deceptive news practices. Now you can continue to wear blinders if you'd like. That's called free will.
 
Last edited by brab; May 29th, 2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: to paste video hyperlink that works
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #59 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Well Mr. Jhelwege?
 
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:42 PM   #60 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 30
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Well Mr. Jhelwege?
Hey Brab,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your last well conceived post. I have things to do... I'm not saying that you don't have things to do... Though if I did say that I probably would not be too far off. Let me break down another one of your ridiculous posts one more time...

The first thing I want you to do is go back and read my statement about the amount of campaign funding received by both candidates... I feel like I was fairly clear when I stated that overall (not from Big Oil alone) Obama/Biden received way more money than McCain/Palin. In case you missed it... There was this huge party in D.C. after Obama got elected, the grand total came to well over a million dollars. I know that we are probably paying for that ridiculous celebration today with our tax dollars (though I'm sure you find away to skip out on that burden) but I'm sure they had no problem laying down some of the millions of dollars received through campaign donations (maybe even the million that they received from Big Oil alone...)

The biggest problem with your argument about McCain/Palin receiving a larger some of money in campaign donations from Big Oil (besides the fact that you completely failed to understand my main point in the argument) is that Obama himself has constantly opposed Big Oil, but yet he still found a way to receive almost 1 million dollars in campaign donations from them... That seems to coincide with my point about all politicians being hypocritical when it comes to receiving money via campaign donations.

I know that you believe Obama has been sent down by whatever god you worship to save America and the rest of the world... I know that you will never change your beliefs because you are more closed minded than the conservative radio and television talk hosts you despise... And I also hope that you will leave America and move to any country in Europe (preferably France or England) where you will fit right in.

The only thing I can say about your lovely video regarding Hannity's apology is job well done... You see Hannity was wrong, he reported false information... He then proceeded to apologize and tell all of his viewers that he did in fact report false information. Your next homework assignment is to find false information reported by Keith Olbermann, or the aforementioned John Stewart (anybody who watches that show and does not think that he is just a doped out whacko needs to stop taking drugs and get a job), and then also find a clip of them apologizing and admitting that they were wrong in reporting their false information... Good luck.

I will expect a response from you within the next half hour... GO!
jhelwege is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jhelwege For This Useful Post:
eagleOne (June 9th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:15 AM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post
Hey Brab,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your last well conceived post. I have things to do... I'm not saying that you don't have things to do... Though if I did say that I probably would not be too far off. Let me break down another one of your ridiculous posts one more time...

The first thing I want you to do is go back and read my statement about the amount of campaign funding received by both candidates... I feel like I was fairly clear when I stated that overall (not from Big Oil alone) Obama/Biden received way more money than McCain/Palin. In case you missed it... There was this huge party in D.C. after Obama got elected, the grand total came to well over a million dollars. I know that we are probably paying for that ridiculous celebration today with our tax dollars (though I'm sure you find away to skip out on that burden) but I'm sure they had no problem laying down some of the millions of dollars received through campaign donations (maybe even the million that they received from Big Oil alone...)

The biggest problem with your argument about McCain/Palin receiving a larger some of money in campaign donations from Big Oil (besides the fact that you completely failed to understand my main point in the argument) is that Obama himself has constantly opposed Big Oil, but yet he still found a way to receive almost 1 million dollars in campaign donations from them... That seems to coincide with my point about all politicians being hypocritical when it comes to receiving money via campaign donations.

I know that you believe Obama has been sent down by whatever god you worship to save America and the rest of the world... I know that you will never change your beliefs because you are more closed minded than the conservative radio and television talk hosts you despise... And I also hope that you will leave America and move to any country in Europe (preferably France or England) where you will fit right in.

The only thing I can say about your lovely video regarding Hannity's apology is job well done... You see Hannity was wrong, he reported false information... He then proceeded to apologize and tell all of his viewers that he did in fact report false information. Your next homework assignment is to find false information reported by Keith Olbermann, or the aforementioned John Stewart (anybody who watches that show and does not think that he is just a doped out whacko needs to stop taking drugs and get a job), and then also find a clip of them apologizing and admitting that they were wrong in reporting their false information... Good luck.

I will expect a response from you within the next half hour... GO!
hear hear!!
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelwege View Post
Hey Brab,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your last well conceived post. I have things to do... I'm not saying that you don't have things to do... Though if I did say that I probably would not be too far off. Let me break down another one of your ridiculous posts one more time...

The first thing I want you to do is go back and read my statement about the amount of campaign funding received by both candidates... I feel like I was fairly clear when I stated that overall (not from Big Oil alone) Obama/Biden received way more money than McCain/Palin. In case you missed it... There was this huge party in D.C. after Obama got elected, the grand total came to well over a million dollars. I know that we are probably paying for that ridiculous celebration today with our tax dollars (though I'm sure you find away to skip out on that burden) but I'm sure they had no problem laying down some of the millions of dollars received through campaign donations (maybe even the million that they received from Big Oil alone...)

The biggest problem with your argument about McCain/Palin receiving a larger some of money in campaign donations from Big Oil (besides the fact that you completely failed to understand my main point in the argument) is that Obama himself has constantly opposed Big Oil, but yet he still found a way to receive almost 1 million dollars in campaign donations from them... That seems to coincide with my point about all politicians being hypocritical when it comes to receiving money via campaign donations.

I know that you believe Obama has been sent down by whatever god you worship to save America and the rest of the world... I know that you will never change your beliefs because you are more closed minded than the conservative radio and television talk hosts you despise... And I also hope that you will leave America and move to any country in Europe (preferably France or England) where you will fit right in.

The only thing I can say about your lovely video regarding Hannity's apology is job well done... You see Hannity was wrong, he reported false information... He then proceeded to apologize and tell all of his viewers that he did in fact report false information. Your next homework assignment is to find false information reported by Keith Olbermann, or the aforementioned John Stewart (anybody who watches that show and does not think that he is just a doped out whacko needs to stop taking drugs and get a job), and then also find a clip of them apologizing and admitting that they were wrong in reporting their false information... Good luck.

I will expect a response from you within the next half hour... GO!
Personal insults do nothing but hurt the rest of your arguments, thanks though.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 30
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Personal insults do nothing but hurt the rest of your arguments, thanks though.
Hey Zenze... in case you were wondering... I was actually trying to lose the argument in the hope of ending it completely. I figured that if I used personal insults I would automatically lose because Zenze says that is the case. I figured Zenze knew all when it came to being a master debater, so I figured that if I followed his rules to having a weak argument there would be no way that I could win in this debate. The only thing I'm confused about is why you are thanking me... I should be thanking you for teaching me all that I know about the art of master debating...

So Zenze... THANK YOU THOUGH SIR!!
jhelwege is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Red-Droid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Antonio, Tx.
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): Soon...HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
I bet no one bashing Rush or Beck in this thread has ever listened to them - just regurgitating what the state run media spoon feeds them.

Try listening and thinking for yourselves . . . . even if you are a naive kid - there's no excuse for not having a mind of your own.

PS - here's a tip for you - the 2nd was put in 2nd to guarantee the 1st
My thinking is...can someone be mad everyday? Really...everyday. Talk radio or not, at some point...you have to work hard at being angry each day.

Rush,Beck...although your paid well to express your thoughts in the way the Freedom of Speech allows, your body will and in some respects to Rush, actually pay the price for the angered stress you deliver. Your body doesn't know the difference between paid anger by the EIB network, or heart pumping blood pressure raising stress to your neurosystem.

At some point watching, listening to angry talk becomes as laughable at someone that can burp on cue. Just another parlor trick...
__________________
Android makes my 32G iPad sexier...
Red-Droid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Droid View Post

Rush,Beck...although your paid well to express your thoughts in the way the Freedom of Speech allows, your body will and in some respects to Rush, actually pay the price for the angered stress you deliver. Your body doesn't know the difference between paid anger by the EIB network, or heart pumping blood pressure raising stress to your neurosystem.

At some point watching, listening to angry talk becomes as laughable at someone that can burp on cue. Just another parlor trick...
It'll be entertaining if Beck has a stroke while on the air...
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Your next homework assignment is to find false information reported by Keith Olbermann, or the aforementioned John Stewart (anybody who watches that show and does not think that he is just a doped out whacko needs to stop taking drugs and get a job), and then also find a clip of them apologizing and admitting that they were wrong in reporting their false information... Good luck.
Fox News didn't apologize for their false information about the START Treaty. At least not that I know of.

Anyways, Keith didn't report false information in this case, but he did apologize.

And the doped out Jon Stewart yet again!
Keith Olbermann Apologizes For Scott Brown Comment: 'I Have Been A Little Over The Top Lately' (VIDEO)

And this is an apology for mis-reporting at about the 45 secs mark.
Keith Olbermann Apologizes, Corrects Erroneous Story On Rupert Murdoch (VIDEO)

The transcript of it in case you can't catch what Keith said:
Quote:
Incidentally, a correction on Murdoch. We have quoted several times the transcript of a News Corp conference call provided by the usually reliable financial website called SeakingAlpha.com, in which the News Corp boss was quoted as saying, “we have never been a company that tolerates facts.” It turns out SeekingAlpha.com got it wrong. Murdoch, in fact, said “we have never been a company that tolerates fat.” SeekingAlpha.com has yet to correct or apologize for its mistake, so we will. Henceforth, we will stick exclusively to the transcripts from ShiverMeTimbers.com.
I am sure there are others but that's what I got from a few minutes of Googling.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:30 AM   #67 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

It's hard for me to believe that there still are those who take seriously Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Bachmann, Hannity, and the rest of the really way out there right-wing kooks. I mean, I realize they are entertaining to some, and I wouldn't want to deny anyone their entertainment, but...really...these folks are not there to enlighten, but to charge up the GOP base.

And yes, there certainly are counterparts on the left who are mostly entertainers. Sometimes Olbermann gets that way, but not day in, day out.

To me, the very best nightly political commentator is Rachel Maddow. She obviously is smarter than most of her peers, left or right, and when she goes after someone, it usually is with some gentle humor.

Beck and Limbaugh, on the other hand, come across as if they are two minutes away from a stroke. Palin simply does not know what she is talking about, most of the time, and Bachmann? She is just plain crazy.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #68 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): G S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
So by your own argument you are admitting that your view of Fox News leans less to the right than MSNBC to the left is incorrect.

Personally I think that anyone who views Fox and MSNBC as anything other and equal and opposite is only kidding themselves. They are the exact same, just opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Also, I have failed to see how CNN is in any way liberal. However, I think they are just as bad as the other two. They try so hard not to not come off as conservative or liberal that they have pretty much stopped reporting any news and just read off twitter feeds...

We lack a decent source of news in the US imo...
This quote seems to be the only post among all this dribble that I can actually agree with!
CampD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC ADP2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to explainer
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003vstrom View Post
yeah I like Glenn better than Rush, the way I see it if, us, WE THE PEOPLE, don`t take our country back, we are so screwed what happen to the U.S. constitution
Take the country back from who? The corporations? Then I am with you. If not, then please define who you see as the enemy.
explainer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampD View Post
This quote seems to be the only post among all this dribble that I can actually agree with!
Opinion. We all have them.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 6th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by explainer View Post
Take the country back from who? The corporations? Then I am with you. If not, then please define who you see as the enemy.
Do you feel that politicians could possibly be a problem also?
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #72 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): G S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Opinion. We all have them.
Yeah, exactly!
The only differance between the opinions posted here and Rush & Beck are thier getting paid millions for thier's.
CampD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 30
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by explainer View Post
Take the country back from who? The corporations? Then I am with you. If not, then please define who you see as the enemy.
I agree explainer... let's shut down all corporations in America. That way the unemployment rate can be at around 50% instead of just 10%...
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you are a liberal who voted for that guy who won a noble peace prize for doing nothing more than making an enormous amount of empty promises regarding nuclear proliferation throughout the world... Now, you probably believe that his message regarding "hope" and "change" involves sticking it to big corporations throughout the U.S. Unfortunately, you could not be further from the truth. If a large corporation were to come out and strongly oppose President Obama, I can guarantee that he would do his best to limit their power and take control of their operations. If a large corporation were to come out and fully support President Obama, I can also guarantee that he will do his best to stay out of their business, and he may even go so far as to provide them with some tax payer dollars to help bail them out of any tough times they endure. Hell he might even let two large corporations merge in to one super corporation (otherwise known as a monopoly) just because they supported his health care reform plan. Research the NBC-Universal-Comcast merger if you have any questions...
jhelwege is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:09 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
provide them with some tax payer dollars to help bail them out of any tough times they endure.
Bush started with the bailouts.

Conservatives attack Bush on AIG bailout - UPI.com

Quote:
Do you feel that politicians could possibly be a problem also?
A big loud: "YES!"
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

ok, which one of you called savage with your wisdom?
YouTube - Michael Savage - Hell Calls
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crude For This Useful Post:
Filipino.Cowboy (July 15th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Cajun83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Marrero, Louisiana
Posts: 209
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
I'm not entirely sure why Ms Palin keeps cropping up in a thread concerning Limbaugh and Beck?

Because we are republican hate mongers remember... notice all the times a liberals name popped up in this thread and a republican called them idiotic, stupid, hate spewing... oh wait... those were republicans and the liberals were calling names. Its like the real world is being represented perfectly here in this forum. The meaning of the word "Conservative" kinda tells you up front that we are not the "Go out and actively hate" type of folks... Conservatives can't participate in riots and demonstrations late into the evening... because we have work in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
How dare you bring fact into this discussion. We hatemongering republicans only disliked the bailouts when Obama did them... because we hate black people... right? That's what I was told...
Cajun83 is offline  
Last edited by Cajun83; June 30th, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post

I'm not entirely sure why Ms Palin keeps cropping up in a thread concerning Limbaugh and Beck?

She's a great source of unintentional humor. Really. She is so out of it in terms of knowledge and fact, it's hard not to laugh at her.

Last week, at that highly touted speech in California, she had her hero, Ronnie Reagan, attending Eureka College in California, and made a point of it and his California roots. Well, Reagan was a transplant to California and...Eureka College is in Illinois.

Not a biggie in term of Palin's never-ending misstatements and fantasies, merely another indicator of her unwillingness to edu-ma-cate herself.

Yes, I know...all pols misspeak from time to time. But Palin makes a habit of it.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Cajun83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Marrero, Louisiana
Posts: 209
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
She's a great source of unintentional humor. Really. She is so out of it in terms of knowledge and fact, it's hard not to laugh at her.

Last week, at that highly touted speech in California, she had her hero, Ronnie Reagan, attending Eureka College in California, and made a point of it and his California roots. Well, Reagan was a transplant to California and...Eureka College is in Illinois.

Not a biggie in term of Palin's never-ending misstatements and fantasies, merely another indicator of her unwillingness to edu-ma-cate herself.

Yes, I know...all pols misspeak from time to time. But Palin makes a habit of it.
Hopefully Guam won't tip over and land on the southern border of Arizona and... wait... does Arizona even have a southern border?
Cajun83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #79 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Hey, looks like my thread came back to life but no ones talking about Limbaugh or Beck!
 
Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

It's only the conservative base that pays attention to those two blowhards. Everyone else laughs at them. Especially Beck, who any mental health counselor could get committee for a 72-hour psychiatric evaluation.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:54 AM   #81 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Hey Cajun
Why don't you respond to my post in the thread below? I supplied all the alternative sources of energy you could want.

http://androidforums.com/politics-current-affairs/107078-judge-who-overturned-drilling-bans-had-shares-oil-industry.html
 
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:50 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Hey Cajun
Why don't you respond to my post in the thread below? I supplied all the alternative sources of energy you could want.

http://androidforums.com/politics-current-affairs/107078-judge-who-overturned-drilling-bans-had-shares-oil-industry.html
I know its annoying when people don't respond to posts you make but please don't try to hunt people down in other threads, thats also annoying.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM   #83 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,988
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,199
Thanked 4,633 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
I know its annoying when people don't respond to posts you make but please don't try to hunt people down in other threads, thats also annoying.
I agree. please stop doing that. If it continues, I will classify it as harassment and subject to the forum polices.

TS
__________________
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...



twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:25 PM   #84 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

I am not trying to hunt anyone down. I visit many of the threads in this forum. If when visiting a thread, there is a post by someone who I have had an exchange with and they have not responded, I ask them to. That is not harassment, that is requesting a continuance of dialog. In particular, Cajun said he would respond when his question about alternative energy sources was addressed. I addressed his question and have informed him so. I find it offensive to be accused of hunting down anyone to elicit a response from them. How about addressing those accusations Mr. Moderator.
 
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM   #85 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,988
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,199
Thanked 4,633 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

I was responding to a reported post.
If a member does not want to answer another or has block another member, then there is nothing that can be done. Seeking them out can be considered a form of harassment. I was just making the point if thats the case then its subject to forum policy. If that is not whats happening here then there is nothing to worry about.

TS
twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Sheesh...let's get back to the fun of dissecting Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, two of the poorest excuses for human beings this side of...

I still want to know what Limbaugh was doing in the Dominican Republic with a bunch of male buddies and a huge bottle of Viagra...
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:33 AM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Cajun83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Marrero, Louisiana
Posts: 209
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Sheesh...let's get back to the fun of dissecting Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, two of the poorest excuses for human beings this side of...

I still want to know what Limbaugh was doing in the Dominican Republic with a bunch of male buddies and a huge bottle of Viagra...
I agree... I mean, I hate you guys and all but I would rather argue politics and current affairs than deal with anyone getting banned or getting infractions.

Maybe Beck was on his way to Guam to stop it from capsizing by propping it up with his... ahem... kickstand... and got lost during a drunken rant about Carolyn McCarthy and her "shoulder thing that goes up"... lol

Either that or he took directions from one of the 90% of highschool kids who thinks Guam is next to Cuba.
Cajun83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:15 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun83 View Post
I agree... I mean, I hate you guys and all but I would rather argue politics and current affairs than deal with anyone getting banned or getting infractions.

Maybe Beck was on his way to Guam to stop it from capsizing by propping it up with his... ahem... kickstand... and got lost during a drunken rant about Carolyn McCarthy and her "shoulder thing that goes up"... lol

Either that or he took directions from one of the 90% of highschool kids who thinks Guam is next to Cuba.

That's all plausible, I suppose, but I'm placing my bet that Rush and his entourage of guys went to the Dominican Republic to have fun with each other.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM   #89 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Akashic records
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): :( none
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to whytecell Send a message via Yahoo to whytecell Send a message via Skype™ to whytecell
Default

"I say let him go" -pee wee herman ex: PeeWee's big adventure.

Think about it... All people start out with ambitions and promises which they can't fulfill when they become president, let alone after the Bush wrath. The people like Beck and Rush, I used to listen to Beck in the early years until he became a side show on Fox, which continues to this day.. Are ranting and making sure they get ratings. People just need to chill and let crap happen. I would loooooove to have a debate with someone who follows Beck.. And have back up everything they believe in besides "Well, Glenn Beck Says Blah blah Puke Blah" Do your own research and use the mind the universe gave ya.
whytecell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:46 PM   #90 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It got obamaized!!!!
403116 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #91 (permalink)
brab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun83 View Post
I agree... I mean, I hate you guys and all but I would rather argue politics and current affairs than deal with anyone getting banned or getting infractions.

Maybe Beck was on his way to Guam to stop it from capsizing by propping it up with his... ahem... kickstand... and got lost during a drunken rant about Carolyn McCarthy and her "shoulder thing that goes up"... lol

Either that or he took directions from one of the 90% of highschool kids who thinks Guam is next to Cuba.
Sort of belies the comments you made in the other post, Molecule.
 
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #92 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Dammit...i thought this thread was about bashing two of the ranking asses of the far right, Avoirdupois Rush and Crazy Glenn!
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
That's all plausible, I suppose, but I'm placing my bet that Rush and his entourage of guys went to the Dominican Republic to have fun with each other.
I thought that we weren't going to judge a guy for having a Brokeback Moment or ten. You are such a hater!
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3devious View Post
I thought that we weren't going to judge a guy for having a Brokeback Moment or ten. You are such a hater!

I know, I know, but Rush has the bucks to rent a hotel suite here in the states...

I can't believe that gaggle of guys went to the Dominican Republic for loose women. The incidence of VD and worse down there is incredibly high.

From wiki:

"The prevalence of HIV/AIDS in the Dominican Republic stood at an estimated 1.7 percent, and an estimated 88,000 HIV/AIDS-positive Dominican, as of 2003.


"The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) reports that some urban areas the Dominican Republic have HIV/AIDS infection rates well in excess of 10%.


"In the Dominican Republic, HIV/AIDS has become the leading cause of death among teenagers and adults between 15-49 years old. Adult women living with HIV/AIDS are estimated at 23,000."
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #95 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Maybe it is the thrill of rolling the dice? Thanks, Hakr Now I have to go wash my mind's eye out with soap!

That could be a new diet plan: The members of AF could conjure bad mental images at dinner time for a small fee.

That might be why I don't get on the internet near meal times, maybe I should...
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #96 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11
 
Device(s): Slammin it up with the HTC Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Rush calling him a "naz" what do you think about Pelosi calling the American Tea Party a group of "Nazi's" people throw around that word without actually knowing what it truly means. No, our president is not one, but he is running a lot of his policies like he is a socialist. The governments job is not to take care of every individuals needs, but allow each individual to thrive in a society where they can achieve or fail depending upon the efforts they put in. (I do not know if that is a real quote from someone, if not... Then I will take full credit!)
Droppin Deuces is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 518
 
Device(s): Droid Eris Running GSB, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Fascinate, LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 37
Thanked 54 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Talk radio is a right wing conservative thing. No equal exists with opposing views.
It never got any ratings and they closed up shop.
__________________
Known as Stonent on XDA
MrDangerous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #98 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangerous View Post
It never got any ratings and they closed up shop.

Non-conservatives don't need a daily reminder of what and how to think.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
stainlessray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: the right coast
Posts: 644
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 320
Thanked 104 Times in 70 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stainlessray raymondcoolmail@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretap View Post
That's how the mainstream media 'educating' the sheep paint the right left paradigm to be, but in reality that isn't the case. The further left you go, the more control and totalitarianism there is.. the further right you go, the less government there is. On one end you have Nazism, on the other end you have Anarchism.
if you really are listening to Beck, you'll know, nazis are facsists. not communists.
stainlessray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlessray View Post
if you really are listening to Beck, you'll know, nazis are facsists. not communists.

"If you are really listening to Beck..."

Whoa.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.