Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree6Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #101 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ddoolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 58
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to ddoolin Send a message via MSN to ddoolin Send a message via Skype™ to ddoolin
Default

On the mark? No. You only have to listen to Rush for about five minutes before you hear a lie and about a minute before you hear something violent or insulting. Glenn Beck is just a glorified conspiracy theorist, along with other crazies such as Michael Savage and so on.

Like how Rush told his listeners that Obama is putting small business owners out of business with his taxes to businesses over $250,000 (which I guess would hurt small business owners). In reality, only 2% of small businesses report net income over $250,000.

How about how he declares himself leader of the Republican party?

How about how he gets mad at other Republican leaders for wanting Obama to succeed as a president? He doesn't just want Obama's policies to fail, he wants him to fail as a president.

How about how he used to preach daily against drugs and how drug users were the scourge of the Earth, while he was scamming to get OxyContin and other pills before finally checking himself into rehab?

Of course there's entire books on this idiot and if you want the real proof of his lies, go look it up. There used to be news segments dedicated to picking out a few of his lies every week and refuting them.

ddoolin is offline  
Last edited by ddoolin; July 17th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddoolin For This Useful Post:
Dissentologist (July 20th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #102 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Dissentologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Milky Way, Local Group
Posts: 83
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
ask and I shall add
Default

Ddoolin... don't waste ur characters. Ideologs don't want facts. You just wasted a post explaining something that everyone already knows ... only to have someone refute it by asking to see Obama's BC or by calling Pelosi a socialist. It's useless... and ill prob get banned for this but Dems are pussies... and teamongerers are majority and wealthy americans afraid of the changing demographics in US. Hence the term "we want our country back". They feel the social and economic "power" they have is slipping... and it is. A black president topped the cake... it was a call to political arms. Keep their social and economic grip by any means neccessary. Kill any entitlement, health care expansion, voter drive (acorn), progressive law, by any means neccessary. . . And make it seem like for other legitimate (deficit, constitution, socialist, kill grandma) reasons. By any means neccessary even if it means stalling and stiffling the already on edge economy to give reason for revolution. Even if it means race baiting.

What's going on is obvious and needs no explanation. Keep the demographic social shift from happening at all costs by keeping power and the status quo.

Forgive the grammar im on my dx. . . And shout out to the Queen City ddoolin where im from :-)
Dissentologist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 232
 
Device(s): D1, X2 and Razr - using as alarm clocks, Current: Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 (waiting for LTE N7-2), Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 25 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Anyone noticed that the person who started this discussion is now a Guest?

And you guys have all changed my mind. I am ready to quit my job and stay home and watch TV waiting for my check. I am tired of working just to see it all taken away and redistributed to the less hard working - I mean less fortunate.

Who needs a new phone every year anyway.

I'll just take whatever the Government issue phone is because it is best for me. And healthcare and car and whatever else our benevolent masters decide is best for us.

I am so glad they are here now to tell us how to live and what to do - people really aren't very good at making decisions for themselves anyway.

Go Progressives!

(psssst - look up slavery in the dictionary. But don't tell them I told you to - they might take away my healthcare or only give me a half ration of my approved recreational drugs)
Highland Ranger is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Dissentologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Milky Way, Local Group
Posts: 83
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
ask and I shall add
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
Anyone noticed that the person who started this discussion is now a Guest?

And you guys have all changed my mind. I am ready to quit my job and stay home and watch TV waiting for my check. I am tired of working just to see it all taken away and redistributed to the less hard working - I mean less fortunate.

Who needs a new phone every year anyway.

I'll just take whatever the Government issue phone is because it is best for me. And healthcare and car and whatever else our benevolent masters decide is best for us.

I am so glad they are here now to tell us how to live and what to do - people really aren't very good at making decisions for themselves anyway.

Go Progressives!

(psssst - look up slavery in the dictionary. But don't tell them I told you to - they might take away my healthcare or only give me a half ration of my approved recreational drugs)
Glad you feel that way.

Sounds like the Christian American way. Imagine if Jesus was American. Why I divide my fish with lazy arab socialists? Why should I heal the sick and needy, who are too lazy to die like the rest? It's not my fault who was born a savior and who was not.

Why should your taxes be redistributed to a paved road. . .so and so can ride his bike on my good hard earned money?

I'll take whatever job-reducing trade agreement big business lobbyist tell me is good for me, or I'll blindly follow a party which spoon feeds me with talking points and makes me feel good about being greedy. Who cares we're "real" americans anyway.

Go deceived!

(psssst - look up brainwash in the dictionary. . . but don't tell them I told you so. . . because who knows, they could take away my "habeas corpus" or start a war and only capture a substitute for my approved terrorist of choice.)

(and psssst again. . . we can have a real thought provoking discussion. . . and exchange ideas (which I respect even if I don't agree with) or you can continue to get yourself embarrassed by attempting to sarcastically put me in my place. Your move. Game on.)
Dissentologist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 232
 
Device(s): D1, X2 and Razr - using as alarm clocks, Current: Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 (waiting for LTE N7-2), Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 25 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Brab - you're back! Nice to see you. Guess they booted you and you rejoined under a different name? Those issues you have with religon are a dead giveaway - hope you work it out. Let go the hate man. It'll eat you up.

To the topic - its not about republicans or democrats or religion.

The politicians are all nuts, theives and liars in it for themselves. We'd be better if, as the founders intended we were represented by unpaid citizens who served a term and then moved on vs career politicians.

And I'm not so sure that in the final analysis religion is a plus for civilization. But that's another conversation.

Don't intentionally muddy the water. Let's see if we can cut through the intellectual rhetoric and misdirection for the benefit of others. As clearly as possible:

1. I work. I am compensated for my time and effort of which I have a limited amount.

2. If I choose to give you money because you are somehow less fortunate or were hit by an earthquake or hurricane that is called charity. That means I choose to give you some of my time, my life the most precious thing I have represented in those dollars to help you with yours because its the right thing to do.

3. On the other hand if you TAKE the money from me aka redistribute the wealth I generated in the form of unfair and oppressively high taxes - that is called stealing. You are stealing my life, taking from me without my permission. And of course some basic level of taxes need to be collected for the common defense and roads and such. But not at effective rates north of 40%, 50% 60% + . . . . that's theft.

Is all this really that hard to understand? This is about you stealing from me. Plain and simple. Or is it just a matter of gimme my freebies? Or a matter of being in control of everything because as a progressive you know better?

It's one or another - the scam of altruism is over . . . no one buys it.

If its freebies, well in the end they aren't free and hope you enjoy your chains.

If you admit that it is about power, well at least you're honest.

Just remember, the human reaction to this will be either to fight it and win or ultimately give in to it and just make sure there won't be anything worth taking.

And once the seven non-productive people I support with my taxes stop getting their checks because I and others like me decide to stop working and wait for our handout . . . . how do you think that will end?

And why would progressives want that outcome? Pretty transparent when you think about it. Never waste a crisis eh Rahm?
Highland Ranger is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
Brab - you're back! Nice to see you. Guess they booted you and you rejoined under a different name? Those issues you have with religon are a dead giveaway - hope you work it out. Let go the hate man. It'll eat you up.
Quoted for future reference....
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
The politicians are all nuts, theives and liars in it for themselves. We'd be better if, as the founders intended we were represented by unpaid citizens who served a term and then moved on vs career politicians.
Uh...what evidence supports your claim? Legislators handle very complicated tasks, and it typically takes two full years before a newbie lawmaker even begins to get the hang of how the House and Senate work and how laws are made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
3. On the other hand if you TAKE the money from me aka redistribute the wealth I generated in the form of unfair and oppressively high taxes - that is called stealing. You are stealing my life, taking from me without my permission. And of course some basic level of taxes need to be collected for the common defense and roads and such. But not at effective rates north of 40%, 50% 60% + . . . . that's theft.
Nope. At the moment, the highest federal tax rate is below 40%. It ought to be at 49% for the wealthiest. The rich have an obligation to pay more proportionately because without what this country gives them, they'd be a lot poorer, even without the taxes. Hey, you could always move to anothe country, eh?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
It's one or another - the scam of altruism is over . . . no one buys it.
And once the seven non-productive people I support with my taxes stop getting their checks because I and others like me decide to stop working and wait for our handout . . . . how do you think that will end?
Perhaps they'll stop by your house and put your head on a pike. That's what will happen if we don't reverse the current trend of "everything for the rich, crumbs for the poor."

Heads on pikes. It has a nice ring to it, and it certainly would rid our society of the greedy, at least for a while.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 07:21 AM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Uh...what evidence supports your claim? Legislators handle very complicated tasks, and it typically takes two full years before a newbie lawmaker even begins to get the hang of how the House and Senate work and how laws are made.
Does that qualify you to be President after two years of voting "present?"

Quote:
Nope. At the moment, the highest federal tax rate is below 40%. It ought to be at 49% for the wealthiest.
Why stop there? You seem to be comfortable with deciding what people will do with the money they make, why not take it all?

Quote:
Heads on pikes. It has a nice ring to it, and it certainly would rid our society of the greedy, at least for a while.
That worked very well, in France and Russia. Oh wait... What makes you think that they won't be by your house? Are you going to shout "Kill them, not me. I voted to tax everyone for all of the free things I want to give you! I am sorry that we ran out of money because spending our way to prosperity should have worked! Really, it should have! If you don't believe that, you're stupid and put that pike down you greedy cretins!!! How dare you want food when the guy over there only has water!?"
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #109 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3devious View Post

Why stop there? You seem to be comfortable with deciding what people will do with the money they make, why not take it all?
I think federal income tax rates should remain where they are for individuals earning $250,000 or less, and should work their way up quickly to 49% on that part of an individual's income over $250,000. I also think military spending should be cut in half as the economy improves and mustered out soldiers can apply for civilian jobs. Cutting the military budget would save at least $500 billion a year, and would still leave our military spending at a multiple many times that of other countries, including Communist China.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #110 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
I think federal income tax rates should remain where they are for individuals earning $250,000 or less, and should work their way up quickly to 49% on that part of an individual's income over $250,000. I also think military spending should be cut in half as the economy improves and mustered out soldiers can apply for civilian jobs. Cutting the military budget would save at least $500 billion a year, and would still leave our military spending at a multiple many times that of other countries, including Communist China.

Why do you feel it is fine to confiscate nearly half of an individuals income? And why do you discriminate based on income?
dpizzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpizzo For This Useful Post:
MJM128 (July 31st, 2010)
sponsored links
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
I think federal income tax rates should remain where they are for individuals earning $250,000 or less, and should work their way up quickly to 49% on that part of an individual's income over $250,000. I also think military spending should be cut in half as the economy improves and mustered out soldiers can apply for civilian jobs. Cutting the military budget would save at least $500 billion a year, and would still leave our military spending at a multiple many times that of other countries, including Communist China.
Stupidest idea heard today.
TheBeardedMann is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBeardedMann For This Useful Post:
Crude (August 1st, 2010), MJM128 (July 31st, 2010), OrderFromChaos (August 10th, 2010), Weazol (July 30th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #112 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Glenn and Rush are 'entertainers'- I believe much of the firebrand attitude is there to pull in an audience, Glenn himself admits it. There are also times when even the staunchest liberal agrees with them, though granted the other 99% may make up for it...

If you're interested, there's even an android app dedicated to Beck / Rush / Bill O and Hannity as a quote of the day widget called 'Conservative Quoter'. On the other scale, theres a series of 'isms' apps (beckisms etc) that function similarly but in the context of mocking them instead of posting serious quotes.

Conservative Quoter - Widget v1.0 Application for Android | Entertainment
jasonkel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #113 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Dissentologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Milky Way, Local Group
Posts: 83
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
ask and I shall add
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
Brab - you're back! Nice to see you. Guess they booted you and you rejoined under a different name? Those issues you have with religon are a dead giveaway - hope you work it out. Let go the hate man. It'll eat you up.

To the topic - its not about republicans or democrats or religion.

The politicians are all nuts, theives and liars in it for themselves. We'd be better if, as the founders intended we were represented by unpaid citizens who served a term and then moved on vs career politicians.

And I'm not so sure that in the final analysis religion is a plus for civilization. But that's another conversation.

Don't intentionally muddy the water. Let's see if we can cut through the intellectual rhetoric and misdirection for the benefit of others. As clearly as possible:

1. I work. I am compensated for my time and effort of which I have a limited amount.

2. If I choose to give you money because you are somehow less fortunate or were hit by an earthquake or hurricane that is called charity. That means I choose to give you some of my time, my life the most precious thing I have represented in those dollars to help you with yours because its the right thing to do.

3. On the other hand if you TAKE the money from me aka redistribute the wealth I generated in the form of unfair and oppressively high taxes - that is called stealing. You are stealing my life, taking from me without my permission. And of course some basic level of taxes need to be collected for the common defense and roads and such. But not at effective rates north of 40%, 50% 60% + . . . . that's theft.

Is all this really that hard to understand? This is about you stealing from me. Plain and simple. Or is it just a matter of gimme my freebies? Or a matter of being in control of everything because as a progressive you know better?

It's one or another - the scam of altruism is over . . . no one buys it.

If its freebies, well in the end they aren't free and hope you enjoy your chains.

If you admit that it is about power, well at least you're honest.

Just remember, the human reaction to this will be either to fight it and win or ultimately give in to it and just make sure there won't be anything worth taking.

And once the seven non-productive people I support with my taxes stop getting their checks because I and others like me decide to stop working and wait for our handout . . . . how do you think that will end?

And why would progressives want that outcome? Pretty transparent when you think about it. Never waste a crisis eh Rahm?
Sorry for the long delay. .. been busy trying to sort out some issues with my mac logic board. . . so Iíve been on a rampage on mac forums. . . and I appreciate your attempt to carry a constructive conversation minus your sarcacism.

Anyways. First off I donít know who the brab is or how you think Iím associated with him. . but think again.

Secondly, please be specific on my ďmisdirection for the benefit of othersĒ.

Next your points #1,2,and 3 are well taken. . and with much respect at that. Each is clearly understood.

On the other hand I reject your accusation of theft. b/c I havenít taken anything from you. I usually enjoy meaningless discussions on tax rates and class warfare forum battles. . . but for this instance Iíll get to the real point. . .

I could care less who redistributes any money I have . . b/c money doesnít make my world spin. Truth does. The last time I checked the only thing you need to survive is food, water, and heat. It is quite clear to understand, that Iím not stealing from you. Youíre stealing from yourself. Putting you trust in a piece of paper. The money, the precious little thing that you say represents your life is a control mechanism used to control the resources around you, and people who believe in it. It is exactly about power. The power that is gained through the brainwashing of Americans to believe their economy actually means something. It may not be about religion to you, or republicans and democrats . . . but if you live in the country I live in . . . republicans and democrats are the leaders, and I can name those who are not Christian on my hand.

Redistributing what wealth? My friend, the only wealth you have is the knowledge in your head. When you ask me . . .

ďAnd once the seven non-productive people I support with my taxes stop getting their checks because I and others like me decide to stop working and wait for our handout . . . . how do you think that will end?Ē

That lets me know right there you donít truly understand the world around you. Neither do I to a certain extent . . .I donít know better than you, or everything. . . but I do know a lie when I see one. To answer your question . . . I know how it will the end. The same way it would if everyone were to become rich in this country. The economy would crash.

Any money based economy, especially capitalism must maintain specific wealthy: non-wealthy proportions to maintain itself. The American dream you speak of is a lie. If everyone were to pull themselves up from their own bootstraps, there would be no underclass to maintain production and the economy would crash. If the rich stopped providing credit-flow, and labor opportunities to allow the population to tread the debt waters . . .the economy would crash. . . or nearly crash as in our most recent situation.

Communism is the same thing. . .the state takes the place of the rich. . gaining more power. . and all the people all become the underclass.

. . .and since Iím at my daily brainwashing I call work. . .and I think I blabbered on enough. . . and Iím tired of typing. . . Iíll end this even though I havenít finished my point.

Moral of the story is: Nobody can redistribute a wealth you have thatís make believe. . .and arguing over it, (which Iím guilty over as well) only increases the legend of the fib.
Dissentologist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #114 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I liked Beck until I read an article about him in Forbes. He doesn't believe anything he says on his show, and I hate that. But I do agree will a lot of what he says. I am sure there are a lot of intelligent people that write his material. But Beck is all about the $$$
KristaLoves is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 232
 
Device(s): D1, X2 and Razr - using as alarm clocks, Current: Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 (waiting for LTE N7-2), Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 25 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
I could care less who redistributes any money I have . . b/c money doesnít make my world spin. Truth does. The last time I checked the only thing you need to survive is food, water, and heat.
I'd go with air, water food shelter in that order of importance. But to the point - - So you don't care about money yet you advocate taking mine and redistributing it? Generous of you. Give away all your money and I'll keep mine thanks.

Quote:
It is quite clear to understand, that Iím not stealing from you. Youíre stealing from yourself. Putting you trust in a piece of paper. The money, the precious little thing that you say represents your life is a control mechanism used to control the resources around you, and people who believe in it.
Oh no question money is a control mechanism - but it is our reality, our civilization. What alternate reality do you suggest. Because I can tell you this, the road we are on leads to a lower quality of life for everyone (except as always the privileged few) and ultimately anarchy.

Quote:
Any money based economy, especially capitalism must maintain specific wealthy: non-wealthy proportions to maintain itself. The American dream you speak of is a lie. If everyone were to pull themselves up from their own bootstraps, there would be no underclass to maintain production and the economy would crash. If the rich stopped providing credit-flow, and labor opportunities to allow the population to tread the debt waters . . .the economy would crash. . . or nearly crash as in our most recent situation.

Communism is the same thing. . .the state takes the place of the rich. . gaining more power. . and all the people all become the underclass.
Are we the perfect society? Of course not. But is more freedom enjoyed by more individuals under this model than ever before? Yes. And should we just flush it all down the toilet as this current group seems to want to do for no apparent reason other than to enhance their power base and control? I don't think so.

More importantly - My simple response would be - what's your solution?

Personally I'd like to see us head toward the Star Trek model - infinite wealth, no hunger and each individual doing what they love and are meant to do and as a civilization us kicking ass and taking names.

Yeah a lot of details left out there, and I won't see it in my lifetime unless someone invents a perpetual motion device . . . . but it's a good dream.

Quote:
Moral of the story is: Nobody can redistribute a wealth you have thatís make believe. . .and arguing over it, (which Iím guilty over as well) only increases the legend of the fib.
If I can reinterpret this as "money doesn't matter" - on a few levels I agree. to some degree.

As the kids are looking for professions and some are choosing things which will not make them wealthy but most probably will make them happy which will lead to a great life, I can agree and I support them.

I can also agree that life is fleeting, and in the end which will be soon enough money is wholly unimportant.

But for the reality of the here and now, no way I can say it doesn't matter so please steal all of mine.

And if everyone believed that, I can tell you the world would not be a better place. Because I would much rather be at the beach with the kids than working on any day of the year. In fact, if I didn't have to work there are a million things I'd rather be doing than worrying about making money.

Bottom line: still no sale.

Now I will join you in returning to my chosen incarceration.
Highland Ranger is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 232
 
Device(s): D1, X2 and Razr - using as alarm clocks, Current: Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 (waiting for LTE N7-2), Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 25 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Uh...what evidence supports your claim? Legislators handle very complicated tasks, and it typically takes two full years before a newbie lawmaker even begins to get the hang of how the House and Senate work and how laws are made.



Nope. At the moment, the highest federal tax rate is below 40%. It ought to be at 49% for the wealthiest. The rich have an obligation to pay more proportionately because without what this country gives them, they'd be a lot poorer, even without the taxes. Hey, you could always move to anothe country, eh?




Perhaps they'll stop by your house and put your head on a pike. That's what will happen if we don't reverse the current trend of "everything for the rich, crumbs for the poor."

Heads on pikes. It has a nice ring to it, and it certainly would rid our society of the greedy, at least for a while.
RESPONSE:

Evidence which supports my claim is my life experience which tells me maybe the solution is to get these people out of our hair - that means simplify the job so its not so complex that it takes people years and years to "be effective" at what is essentially squandering the wealth I create.

Taxes - 40% is too much. Important point you missed - I am not talking about the Federal tax rate - I said EFFECTIVE tax rate - that includes: Federal, State, City, Gas, Sales, Crap on my phone bill, crap on my electric bill, cigar tax, liquor tax, cigarette tax, corporate formation tax and a billion other little fees - etc, etc. So at 40% federal better add another 20% for all those other taxes. Maybe more.

The obligation of the Rich - yawn. Bottom line - I work hard and you steal it from me to give to people who don't THEN I stop working so hard and spend more time with my kids - you need to recognize the fact and understand the stealing ain't gonna work. It just trashes our society and brings in some new model that will not be as good.

And feel free to move to another country yourself - there are plenty of other places who have tried this model, no need for us to repeat the failure here.

Head on a pike: good thing about having a few bucks is I have plenty of money for guns and ammo. So when they stop by with the pikes, still not going to end well because at some point I run out of bullets - but at least we'll have a party before the end right?
Highland Ranger is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Weazol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: All over america
Posts: 532
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 90
Thanked 144 Times in 55 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Weazol Send a message via Skype™ to Weazol wtopping
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Wasting any of it listening to hate-filled lunatics like limbaugh, beck, or savage is sinful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Ha! I've seen Beck and Limbaugh perform. T
You Sinner!

__________________
Best way to say thanks is by pressing the Thanks button
Follow me on Twitter
Weazol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazol View Post
You Sinner!

Indeed. I flip channels, and Faux News is pretty close to the PBS, Discovery, et cetera, channels I do watch. So I do get the occasional glimpse at Sean the Liar, Beck the Lunatic, and so forth. Plus, Limbaugh is such a clown sometimes bits of his show are picked up by other networks gor grins.

There's no question Beck is certifiable.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:24 AM   #119 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Don't listen to them. We got Stewart, Colbert, the creators of South Park who know what is going on.

And of course this guy:

YouTube - George Carlin ~ The American Dream
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:42 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256
 
Device(s): HTC One S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
National Socialism is as far to the right of the political spectrum as Communist Socialism is to the left. Their ideals and principles are so completely different as to be exact opposites. You could support the principles of one or the other, but never both.
It's not as far to the right, it's closer, but not polar opposites and not mutually exclusive.
MJM128 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3devious View Post
Don't listen to them. We got Stewart, Colbert, the creators of South Park who know what is going on.
Article | 'I hate conservatives, but I really... hate liberals'
Yup. Matt Stone knows what's going on with Liberals.
TheBeardedMann is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM   #122 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
I think federal income tax rates should remain where they are for individuals earning $250,000 or less, and should work their way up quickly to 49% on that part of an individual's income over $250,000. I also think military spending should be cut in half as the economy improves and mustered out soldiers can apply for civilian jobs. Cutting the military budget would save at least $500 billion a year, and would still leave our military spending at a multiple many times that of other countries, including Communist China.
United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Military budget of the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM   #123 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeardedMann View Post
Article | 'I hate conservatives, but I really... hate liberals'
Yup. Matt Stone knows what's going on with Liberals.
Yeah, that is like saying that Schwarzenegger and Sen Brown are conservatives. Well, yeah, compared to the people that live around them, they're conservatives, but really...

I would also say that he does know what is going on with Liberals.
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Notsure Do me a favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
How can the highly volatile hate speak which Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck use further the public discourse. Is Obama a Nazi? Are we really an arms length from Communism. To listen to these two guys you would think the United States will be the next USSR.
Do me a favor, please. Before you indite Mr. Beck and Mr. Limbaugh, please provide specific examples. What have they said that is so wrong or hateful? I like Beck but I regularly listen to Limbaugh, and trust me on this, he is virtually never wrong. The Sullivan group (?) rates his accuracy at over 98%.

It is easy to toss out a phrase like "highly volatile hate speak" but another thing entirely to prove it.

Liberals call it hate speech because they hate the truth. You might not like Limbaugh's approach, but he is accurate as hell.

Bob
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #125 (permalink)
electric monk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

How'd that ESPN gig work out for El Rushbo?
 
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Someone please let me know when earning 250k makes me "wealthy".
Azzurri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
Someone please let me know when earning 250k makes me "wealthy".
Now
__________________
Sign up for Minus online storage and get 10 GB of Free Space today! Sign up Here!
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninty View Post
Now
It doesn't make you "wealthy" it makes you "well off" which I think is different from someone who is wealthy.
Azzurri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #129 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
How can the highly volatile hate speak which Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck use further the public discourse. Is Obama a Nazi? Are we really an arms length from Communism. To listen to these two guys you would think the United States will be the next USSR.
Seems to me, you need to listen to Rush Limbaugh and stop reading what the left says about him.

Hate is not what he is about. Truth is, and he speaks the truth. This is not just a right wing opinion, it is verifiable. He has a Sullivan Group rating of over 98% (perhaps 98.5 or so).

Also, if you listen and disagree, try researching the facts for yourself. None of us like our sacred cows killed, and that is what he does on a regular basis.

You might not like his style, but calling him a liar or hate monger is silly because you would be wrong according to the facts. And always remember, you are entitled to your own opinion, but never your own facts.

Bob Maxey
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #130 (permalink)
electric monk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Links for the Sullivan group and their opinion rating system, please. This was at the top of a Google search:

Thomas M. Sullivan
 
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 132
 
Device(s): Sprint Hero 2.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Rush & Glen aren't about truth, they are about ratings and more $ in their pockets.They don't remedy political issues they create them for personal in their pocket gain.
alex51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #132 (permalink)
electric monk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Teaser 'graphs from the above wiki link:

"Tom Sullivan ( Thomas M. Sullivan, b. about 1949) is a business news anchor for the Fox Business Network, who also hosts a syndicated radio talk show on the Fox News Radio network."

"Self-described as "fiscally conservative, socially it-depends", the success of his show, and his personal friendship with Rush Limbaugh whom he met at KFBK in the early 1980s, resulted in his occasional appearance as a stand-in host on The Rush Limbaugh Show. Sullivan's prior investment group is The Sullivan Group that Limbaugh cites as the official auditor of his claim to be"documented to be almost always right" some specific percentage of the time.

"Sullivan was a guest host for Limbaugh's show for many years, but no longer fills in for Limbaugh due to starting his own national show. Jason Lewis replaced him in the substitute host rotation."
 
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #133 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Seems to me, you need to listen to Rush Limbaugh and stop reading what the left says about him.

Hate is not what he is about. Truth is, and he speaks the truth. This is not just a right wing opinion, it is verifiable. He has a Sullivan Group rating of over 98% (perhaps 98.5 or so).

. And always remember, you are entitled to your own opinion, but never your own facts.

Bob Maxey
Limbaugh is a liar. It has been proved over and over and over and over. The Sullivan Group rating is pure b.s...Sullivan is just another right-winger.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #134 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
... Also, Mr. Limbaugh, your bastion of virtue, with talent on loan from God, has been married 5 times. I'm sure all those marriages failed because the women were not virtuous enough. ...
It may have been a "little" thing that caused these failed marriages.

Limbaugh: "Male Private Parts Are Shrinking" Because Of "Feminazis" And "Chickification" | Video | Media Matters for America
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,296
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 236 Times in 186 Posts
Default

only this kid could dig up a 2 year old thread just to throw a talking points jab at someone
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Limbaugh is a liar. It has been proved over and over and over and over. The Sullivan Group rating is pure b.s...Sullivan is just another right-winger.
It is easy to say what you said, so how about some proof? Not the usual "proof" but source material. Perhaps you are confused? Until then, you are lust another liberal screaming and ranting.

Sad indeed.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #137 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Male penis size shrinking because of feminazis sounds like another wack job screaming and ranting. Want some more ?
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

The lying gasbag Limbaugh is a continuous flatulence machine that pollutes the airwaves.

Rush Limbaugh's Christian Killing Accusations - The Colbert Report - 2011-19-10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #139 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jefboyardee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,344
 
Device(s): Rootless Ascend 2
Carrier: Stray Talk

Thanks: 365
Thanked 471 Times in 403 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Rush calls Obama a Nazi.
Before I bother reading the rest of your post, please provide a link proving that claim.
__________________
jefboyardee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #140 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

There may be hope to deprogram Dittoheads cult members, they just need to stop drinking the kool-aid.

Daily Kos: Thoughts From a Reformed Dittohead

"When I utilized the education I was receiving and applied it, I discovered that I was, to put it bluntly, an idiot. Not one single view I'd absorbed from the right was in sync with reality that I had observed (finally without the discolored lenses I'd donned as a youth). Not one. As my education was in the sciences and engineering, this appalled me. I had learned that our views, our hypotheses and theories about the nature of reality were to be governed by our observations and a rational, careful understanding of these observations. This isn't to say we should all behave as Spock-like quasi-automatons; only that we, as creatures with the capability to be rational, should not be shy or hesitant about applying a bit of reason when introspecting and when attempting to understand the events of the world around us.

And almost all of the right's views, hypotheses, and theories were and are "wrong" from this perspective. They don't pass the empirical test."
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

A lot of the "right"s views have been somewhat correct over the years. Stuff like pension ages, some elements of neoliberal economics (some!), etc.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #142 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElasticNinja View Post
A lot of the "right"s views have been somewhat correct over the years. Stuff like pension ages, some elements of neoliberal economics (some!), etc.
When the right wants to reduce taxes the top 40% or so pay, it is catering to the rich and "why not give tax breaks to the bottom half?" they ask. You tell them that the bottom 40% or do not pay federal taxes and they call you a liar.

When you want to reduce people's dependence on welfare, many complain. Especially the long term unemployed and entire generations of people on public assistance who would rather abuse the system than go to work.

When the right "clings to their bibles and guns" they are made fun of by many on the left that do not understand how important religion is to some/many people and clinging or not, it is our RIGHT! Not a law, a RIGHT, PERIOD!

We cannot own guns because some fool says it is bad, all the while ignoring the Constitution, which is OK, until you decide to make rules about free speech, then you are an arse hole and the very people that want to ignore the constitution, try to use that document to protect their right to piss on the flag or shut the hell up people like Rush.

When you talk of immigration reform, you hate Mexicans. When you say that you think abortion is wrong, you hate women. When you think homosexuality is wrong, you are a ***** bashing, dangerous, right-wing hate filled wacky old SOB of an extremist.

The right can not have Straight Pride Day or White Pride Day because it is racist and filled with hate. Gays and blacks can and it is seen as a matter of pride. Get a clue . . . I am GD proud to be white and straight as an arrow. I do not hate negros or homos. I think recreational abortion must stopo and I do not hate women. I think lots of hatefull things and thoughts, I suppose.

When the leaders of Mexico talk about how terrible US immigration laws are--unfair is the usual word--they are applauded by a public that seems to either not know Mexico's laws or they ignore them.

Mexico has harsh rules and draconian penalties if you are caught in their country illegally. Americans are forbidden from owning property in Mexico, but illegals likely got mortgages.

When the left talks about the mortgage meltdown, it is the bank's fault; they tend to ignore who is ON THE GD record and who actually thought it was a good idea and all they can say is it is the darn right that is to blame or the banks. People love to hate us and ignore the facts that might change their mind.

When the right talks about it, well, we are liars. We can prove our case with facts and still, we are liars. Nothing pisses me off more than some idiot that ignores actual facts and goes to the web for the truth. Or at least a truth that fits his or her screwy ideas. So many fools in this country, I am amazed we do not fly into the moon.

This kind of BS is why we are not the America we once was and if it does not stop, well, you will still blame the right/Limbaugh/the bible.

When the left talks about the right and hate speech, they seem to ignore what comes out of the mouths of many on the left. Many use Rush as an example of a hate monger, but they do not actually listen to him. They listen(ed) to Air America.

I listen to Rush and either he is misquoted by the media or they use spin. Rush is not hate filled and nobody seems to be able to prove Rush supporters wrong. Rush does not lie and when I ask for examples, the "proof" is BS.

They do not bother to post exact words; they rely on other fools that also have it wrong. Either because they are stupid fools or they want to further an agenda.

This upsets me because I stand proudly on the right and I am tired of being called nasty things by idiots and abject morons who are likely filled with far more hate than I; they lack the education to know much anyway. About all they can do is post BS on the web and their followers believe it.

If I were in charge, I would remove the barriers to producing oil, reduce the tax on the top 30-90 percent, come up with a ten page health bill and kill Obama Care. I would increase Gitmo's budget and make sure no state can take away our guns. I would try to pass a national law that lets any non-felon or clinical idiot walk into their store and buy a gun after a 30 second background check.

I would launch a Grace Report style effort to remove and stop as much government waste as possible.

I would launch a Kennedy style "Space Program" to build jobs, reduce government spending, put people back to work and become the ONLY place on the planet you want to conduct business.

I would do many things that will hurt people and that is how President Maxey would be portrayed by the liberal media. Forgetting that whatever I did would pass muster and would be legal. A new concept for many in power because they seem not to care about the founders, the perfect documents they created and the rule of law. Makes me sick.

I would take us back to a time when people were not as foolish as they seem to be today and as Gaws awful stupid many of you likely think I am, I would fix this country or die trying.

I would be assassinated at worse a single term president at best and the left would explode in one large fireball. I would make it abundantly clear to our enemies that it is OK to hate us from afar, but when you decide to start it up, enjoy it while you can because I will end your country.

You think Shock and Awe was impressive, try living in a country filled with cinders and a big frigging hole. I will make sure the last thing anyone wants to do is attack us. I'm thinking a dozen bombers loaded with some nice, warming FAEs.

So you all hate me yet? I am so upset, to hell with the speel chacker or proofreadering.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
There may be hope to deprogram Dittoheads cult members, they just need to stop drinking the kool-aid.

Daily Kos: Thoughts From a Reformed Dittohead

"When I utilized the education I was receiving and applied it, I discovered that I was, to put it bluntly, an idiot. Not one single view I'd absorbed from the right was in sync with reality that I had observed (finally without the discolored lenses I'd donned as a youth). Not one. As my education was in the sciences and engineering, this appalled me. I had learned that our views, our hypotheses and theories about the nature of reality were to be governed by our observations and a rational, careful understanding of these observations. This isn't to say we should all behave as Spock-like quasi-automatons; only that we, as creatures with the capability to be rational, should not be shy or hesitant about applying a bit of reason when introspecting and when attempting to understand the events of the world around us.

And almost all of the right's views, hypotheses, and theories were and are "wrong" from this perspective. They don't pass the empirical test."
The Daily Kos? Really? You are going with that?
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Just the story of an ex-dittohead member. The site is not a source you prefer, such as a lobbyist front group ?

Voting Fraud
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Last edited by OutofDate1980; September 29th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
... I listen to Rush and either he is misquoted by the media or they use spin. Rush is not hate filled and nobody seems to be able to prove Rush supporters wrong. Rush does not lie and when I ask for examples, the "proof" is BS.

They do not bother to post exact words; they rely on other fools that also have it wrong. Either because they are stupid fools or they want to further an agenda. ...
And I'll keep posting reminders of proven Rush lying. Mitt Romney and the Cayman Islands
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #146 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
... So you all hate me yet? I am so upset, to hell with the speel chacker or proofreadering.
Or rational thought.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM   #147 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,544
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 572
Thanked 768 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Rush & Beck aren't doing nothing but getting the good ole boys riled up...the hee haw gang.
__________________
Like it is...Yusef Lateef
saptech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM   #148 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,240
 
Device(s): SGS2- GB08, Samsung Prevail- CTMod 3.75
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 153
Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
The right can not have Straight Pride Day or White Pride Day because it is racist and filled with hate. Gays and blacks can and it is seen as a matter of pride. Get a clue . . . I am GD proud to be white and straight as an arrow. I do not hate negros or homos. I think recreational abortion must stopo and I do not hate women. I think lots of hatefull things and thoughts, I suppose.
I never understood this line of thinking.

Being white/black or straight/gay or whatever is not an accomplishment or an accompishment by family/friends, so exactly why is there 'pride?'

Am I proud of being male? No, I was born male and did not 'achieve' male - it is just who I am.
kevincott is offline  
Last edited by kevincott; October 1st, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM   #149 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincott View Post
I never understood this line of thinking.

Being white/black or straight/gay or whatever is not an accomplishment or an accompishment by family/friends, so exactly why is there 'pride?'

Am I proud of being male? No, I was born male and did not 'achieve' male - it is just who I am.
My guess is that any group of straights or whites that want to have a pride parade are likely looking for a battle. Not all of them, but at least more than just a few.

That said, if your motives are pure, you should be able to have one. You might find it hard to sign up sponsors. Bad PR and all that. We know as soon as some corporate leader says he or she disagrees with gay marriage, he or she is made to suffer.

Chick-fil-a earned this as I recall. My theory is many well-off people with power agree with CFA but they do not want to suffer.

For the record, I am proud that I never went to jail.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM   #150 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 127 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Just another example of lying gasbag Limbaugh pollution. The list is endless. How do you know when Rush is lying ? When he moves his lips.

Limbaugh falsely claimed Obama, Reich were never professors | Research | Media Matters for America
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.